About the XS Power D1200
Depending on your vehicle and the application, you'll need some accessories to connect your XS Power battery. To see what works with this battery, click on the "Accessories" tab above. If you have questions, our advisors are here to help.
Give your vehicle the necessary juice to perform at its best. XS Power deep cycle batteries can act as replacements for your car's standard battery, or you can use them as auxiliaries to power your high-performance sound system and hydraulics reliably. If you've got a boat or an RV, XS Power's got a solution for your electric needs, too.
XS Power deep cycle batteries feature a sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design that incorporates special glass fiber mats that contain the acid electrolyte between the lead plates, rather than a standard flooded (liquid) design. This leak-proof, non-hazardous configuration typically lasts longer than normal replacement batteries if properly charged. These batteries actually store energy, so you don't have to add a capacitor to your system to get a quick burst when you need it.
Compact size, leak-proof design
Their compact size lets you get creative with your installation. Since there are no external vents on an XS Power battery, you can mount it in a passenger compartment, below a seat, or inside a glove box without fear of leaks. No leaks mean no corrosion or damage to chrome or paint, and XS Power guarantees their batteries will not leak, even if damaged. These batteries also resist extreme vibrations so they'll perform in the trunk or hatch area without skipping a beat.
Don't let the small size fool you — the cranking power of an XS Power battery can be two to three times the power of a flooded battery of equal size.
XS Power D1200
The XS Power D1200 deep cycle 12-volt battery provides up to 2,600 maximum amps and has a capacity of 44 amp-hours. You'll need a protective case if you're installing this battery in your engine compartment. Check "Accessories" for other items that'll help you install and secure your new battery.
Need more help choosing the right battery for your vehicle?
XS Power offers a handy vehicle guide on their website. Simply enter the year, make, and model, and you'll instantly receive a list of batteries that should fit your vehicle. And they'll recommend installation accessories to help make things more convenient. Or just give us a call and talk to one of our advisors.
Important Note: You must charge this battery before installing it. We recommend XS Power's HF IntelliCharger (sold separately) to charge this battery properly. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery, and void your warranty.
- 12-volt deep cycle car battery
- sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design
- 725 cranking amps
- maximum output: 2,600 amps
- discharge capacity: 44 amp-hours
- 7-13/16"W x 6-3/4"H x 6-9/16"D (measure for fit)
- weight: 33.29 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # D1200
What's in the box:
- D1200 AGM Deep cycle 12 volt battery
- 2 M6 bolts
- 2 Split lock washers
- D Series Instruction Sheet
XS Power D1200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XS Power D1200
Overview: The XS Power D1200 is a 12-volt battery that is designed to be used as a supplemental power source in your vehicle, or it can replace your vehicle's OEM battery. It can supply the power needed to run your high-powered audio system, better than a standard battery.
Terminals Needed: This D-series battery does not come with battery terminals, so you will need to purchase the proper terminal adapters for your application before installation can take place:
- Car Stereo Installation: You will need terminal adapters that fit the inner diameter of your power ring terminals. Recommended terminal adapters include: Two 5/16" brass stud adapters (#589), Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#590), Two 5/16" + Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#588), or Two 3/8" zinc-plated steel stud adapters (#587). For dual-battery installations, a second battery install kit, such as the XS Power AK3000, can be used to connect the D1200 in parallel (+ to + and - to -) with the main battery.
- OEM Battery Replacement: If you are installing the battery under the hood or replacing your vehicle's OEM battery, you will need either the Short Brass Post Adapters (#580) or the Long Brass Post Adapters (#586) to connect your battery cables. You will also need the MC-D1200 metal protective case. The 1200 Billet Aluminum Hold Down (#545) can also be used to install the battery under the hood.
Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM): XS Power's AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries use a fibrous material to suspend the liquid electrolyte against the lead plates. Because the electrolyte is absorbed in the material, there is little chance of an acid leak, even in the event the case is ruptured. AGM batteries contain more lead compared to traditional "flooded" batteries, thus producing more power.
Charging the Battery: It is very important to properly charge an Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) battery before using. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery, and will void the warranty. The XS Power HF IntelliCharger for AGM Batteries (sold separately) has a microprocessor that monitors the charging process to avoid overcharging, and is recommended for this battery.
Specifications: The D1200 has the following specifications:
- MAX Amps: 2600 amps
- Cranking Amps (at 32°F): 740 amps
- Reserve Capacity: 95 minutes
- Discharge Capacity: 55 Ah (amp hours)
- Dimensions: Length=7.8", Height=6.69", Width=6.54"
- Weight: 35.3 pounds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked