About the XS Power D2700
Give your vehicle the necessary juice to perform at its best. XS Power deep cycle batteries can act as replacements for your car's standard battery, or you can use them as auxiliaries to power your high-performance sound system and hydraulics reliably. If you've got a boat or an RV, XS Power's got a solution for your electric needs, too.
XS Power deep cycle batteries feature a sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design that incorporates special glass fiber mats that contain the acid electrolyte between the lead plates, rather than a standard flooded (liquid) design. This leak-proof, non-hazardous configuration typically lasts longer than normal replacement batteries if properly charged. These batteries actually store energy, so you don't have to add a capacitor to your system to get a quick burst when you need it.
Since there are no external vents on an XS Power battery, you can mount it in a passenger compartment, below a seat, or inside a glove box without fear of leaks that cause corrosion or damage to chrome or paint. XS Power guarantees their batteries will not leak, even if damaged. These batteries also resist extreme vibrations so they'll perform in the trunk or hatch area without skipping a beat.
XS Power D2700
The XS Power D2700 deep cycle 12-volt battery provides up to 4,300 maximum amps and has a capacity of 100 amp-hours. A reinforced plastic case protects it in your vehicle. Check "Accessories" for items that'll help you install and secure your new battery.
Need more help choosing the right battery for your vehicle?
XS Power offers a handy vehicle guide on their website. Simply enter the year, make, and model, and you'll instantly receive a list of batteries that should fit your vehicle. And they'll recommend installation accessories to help make things more convenient. Or just give us a call and talk to one of our advisors.
Important Note: You must charge this battery before installing it. We recommend XS Power's HF IntelliCharger (sold separately) to charge this battery properly. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery, and void your warranty.
- 12-volt deep cycle car battery
- sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design
- reinforced ABS plastic case
- 1,170 cranking amps
- maximum output: 4,300 amps
- discharge capacity: 100 amp-hours
- fits BCI Group 27 vehicles
- 12-1/8"W x 8-5/16"H x 6-11/16"D (measure for fit)
- weight: 70.99 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # D2700
What's in the box:
- D2700 AGM Deep cycle 12 volt battery
- 2 M6 bolts
- 2 Split lock washers
- D Series Instruction Sheet
XS Power D2700 reviews
This battery is incredible. My system is pushing 2100W RMS, and the Focal E30 KX sub woofer really started taxing my electrical system. I noticed drop out at high-current draw frequencies and overall wasn't pleased with the subwoofer upgrade (I didn't have the same issues on a JL 12TW3 because it was pulling significantly less power). I thought preliminary it was a tuning issue, or that the sub just wasn't meeting my expectations, but after a bunch of tinkering and not much better results I decided to try an XS battery before giving up on the sub. WOW!! I wasn't anticipating much - if any - difference, but I couldn't have been more wrong. This battery made my entire system come alive, especially the sub!! I was outright astounded by the difference a battery change alone made. I don't think I'll ever run another battery again, these XS batteries are that incredible.
Pros: great product quality, massive amperage, resolved power issues
0 of 0 found this helpful
Ok I am not complaining directly about Crutchfield because they are great about shipping and customer service , I am complaining about the manufacture that ships this item its been over a week now and i still have yet to receive any tracking info at all I spoke to Crutchfield rep they emailed the shipper and still 2 days later no response at all, I paid alot of money to have this battery and desperately need it so all in all im disappointed in the manufacture of this item, if you need this battery quickly dont rely on it because I am now going into the second week now without any tracking info even, very upsetting, but I do wanna thank Crutchfield they are helping a tons to find out whats going on Crutchfield is amazing i love them, so if you need this battery specifically try to find it at a local supplier or something.
Pros: Crutchfield is the only great thing about ordering this battery the manufacture is terrible at customer service and shipping times.
Cons: Terrible shipping, going on my second week and still nothing not even tracking info.
2 of 8 found this helpful
i bought one of these powerhouses direct from the manufacturer about a year ago and it truly does what it claims. I have a fairly small car stereo system (1300 watts rms total ) and a stock 136 amp alternator and my voltage never falls below 14 volts when vehicles running and never drops below 12.6 volts with the vehicle off and playing music at high volumes. it seems expensive but is definitely worth the money when you need that extra reserve power.
16 of 16 found this helpful
More details on the XS Power D2700
Overview: The XS Power D2700 is a 12-volt battery that is designed to be used as a supplemental power source in your vehicle, or it can replace your vehicle's OEM battery. It can supply the power needed to run your high-powered audio system, better than a standard battery.
Terminals Needed: This D-series battery does not come with battery terminals, so you will need to purchase the proper terminal adapters for your application before installation can take place:
- Car Stereo Installation: You will need terminal adapters that fit the inner diameter of your power ring terminals. Recommended terminal adapters include: Two 5/16" brass stud adapters (#589), Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#590), Two 5/16" + Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#588), or Two 3/8" zinc-plated steel stud adapters (#587). For dual-battery installations, a second battery install kit, such as the XS Power AK3500, can be used to connect the D2700 in parallel (+ to + and - to -) with the main battery.
- OEM Battery Replacement: The D2700 fits the BCI Group 27 vehicle applications (Acura, Dodge, Honda, Isuzu, Nissan). If you are installing the battery under the hood or replacing your vehicle's OEM battery, you will need either the Short Brass Post Adapters (#580) or the Long Brass Post Adapters (#586) to connect your battery cables. An optional i-Bar (#554 Marine, #556 Multi-top) can provide multiple terminals on the top for connecting your amplifier power. The 2700 Billet Aluminum Hold Down (#597) can also be used to install the battery under the hood.
Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM): XS Power's AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries use a fibrous material to suspend the liquid electrolyte against the lead plates. Because the electrolyte is absorbed in the material, there is little chance of an acid leak, even in the event the case is ruptured. AGM batteries contain more lead compared to traditional "flooded" batteries, thus producing more power.
Charging the Battery: It is very important to properly charge an Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) battery before using. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery, and will void the warranty. The XS Power HF IntelliCharger for AGM Batteries (sold separately) has a microprocessor that monitors the charging process to avoid overcharging, and is recommended for this battery.
Specifications: The D2700 has the following specifications:
- MAX Amps: 4300 amps
- Cranking Amps (at 32°F): 1170 amps
- Reserve Capacity: 185 minutes
- Discharge Capacity: 100 Ah (amp hours)
- Dimensions: Length=12.09", Height=8.31", Width=6.65"
- Weight: 70.99 pounds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked