About the XS Power D3400
Depending on your vehicle and the application, you'll need some accessories to connect your XS Power battery. To see what works with this battery, click on the "Accessories" tab above. If you have questions, our advisors are here to help.
Give your vehicle the necessary juice to perform at its best. XS Power deep cycle batteries can act as replacements for your car's standard battery, or you can use them as auxiliaries to power your high-performance sound system and hydraulics reliably. If you've got a boat or an RV, XS Power's got a solution for your electric needs, too.
XS Power deep cycle batteries feature a sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design that incorporates special glass fiber mats that contain the acid electrolyte between the lead plates, rather than a standard flooded (liquid) design. This leak-proof, non-hazardous configuration typically lasts longer than normal replacement batteries if properly charged. These batteries actually store energy, so you don't have to add a capacitor to your system to get a quick burst when you need it.
Since there are no external vents on an XS Power battery, you can mount it in a passenger compartment, below a seat, or inside a glove box without fear of leaks. No leaks mean no corrosion or damage to chrome or paint. XS Power guarantees their batteries will not leak, even if damaged. These batteries also resist extreme vibrations so they'll perform in the trunk or hatch area without skipping a beat.
XS Power D3400
The XS Power D3400 deep cycle 12-volt battery provides up to 3300 maximum amps and has a capacity of 80 amp-hours. A reinforced plastic case protects it in your vehicle. Check "Accessories" for items that'll help you install and secure your new battery.
Need more help choosing the right battery for your vehicle?
XS Power offers a handy vehicle guide on their website. Simply enter the year, make, and model, and you'll instantly receive a list of batteries that should fit your vehicle. And they'll recommend installation accessories to help make things more convenient. Or just give us a call and talk to one of our advisors.
Important Note: It is very important to properly charge an Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) battery before using. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery (including but not limited to swelling), and will void the warranty. These chargers (sold separately) have a microprocessor that monitors the charging process to avoid overcharging, and are recommended for this battery.
- 12-volt deep cycle car battery
- sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design
- reinforced ABS plastic case
- 1150 cranking amps
- maximum output: 3300 amps
- discharge capacity: 80 amp-hours
- fits BCI Group 34 vehicles
- 10-1/4"W x 7-1/4"H x 6-3/4"D (measure for fit)
- weight: 49.97 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # D3400
What's in the box:
- D3400 AGM Deep cycle 12 volt battery
- 2 M6 bolts
- 2 Split lock washers
- D Series Instruction Sheet
XS Power D3400 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the XS Power D3400
Overview: The XS Power D3400 is a 12-volt battery that is designed to be used as a supplemental power source in your vehicle, or it can replace your vehicle's OEM battery. It can supply the power needed to run your high-powered audio system, better than a standard battery.
Terminals Needed: This D-series battery does not come with battery terminals, so you will need to purchase the proper terminal adapters for your application before installation can take place:
- Car Stereo Installation: You will need terminal adapters that fit the inner diameter of your power ring terminals. Recommended terminal adapters include: Two 5/16" brass stud adapters (#589), Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#590), Two 5/16" + Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#588), or Two 3/8" zinc-plated steel stud adapters (#587). For dual-battery installations, a second battery install kit, such as the XS Power AK3500, can be used to connect the D3400 in parallel (+ to + and - to -) with the main battery.
- OEM Battery Replacement: The D3400 fits the BCI Group 34 vehicle applications and will fit GM vehicles applications. For vehicles with side-post terminals, an i-Bar (#551, #555, #556) can convert the top terminal into a side terminal, and provide terminals on the top for connecting your amplifier power. If you are installing the battery under the hood or replacing your vehicle's OEM battery, you will need either the Short Brass Post Adapters (#580) or the Long Brass Post Adapters (#586) to connect your battery cables. The 3400 Billet Aluminum Hold Down (#573) can also be used to install the battery under the hood.
Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM): XS Power's AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries use a fibrous material to suspend the liquid electrolyte against the lead plates. Because the electrolyte is absorbed in the material, there is little chance of an acid leak, even in the event the case is ruptured. AGM batteries contain more lead compared to traditional "flooded" batteries, thus producing more power.
Charging the Battery: It is very important to properly charge an Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) battery before using. Improper charging will permanently damage the battery (swelling, etc.), and will void the warranty. XS Power offers two 12-volt High Frequency IntelliChargers designed for charging AGM Batteries: the 8-amp HF1208 and the 15-amp HF1215 (both sold separately). The chargers have a microprocessor that monitors the charging process to avoid overcharging, and are strongly recommended for this battery.
Note: If the battery is damaged (swollen, etc.) due to improper charging, or from not using an intelligent charger, Crutchfield will not accept a return on this item.
Specifications: The D3400 has the following specifications:
- MAX Amps: 3300 amps
- Cranking Amps (at 32°F): 1150 amps
- Reserve Capacity: 160 minutes
- Discharge Capacity: 80 Ah (amp hours)
- Dimensions: Length=10.24", Height=7.2", Width=6.75"
- Weight: 49.97 pounds
30 questions already asked
This thing puts stock battery's to shame. With this in the back and a d5100 up front and the big 3 upgrade I have no dimming and I've noticed a difference in quality from my system. Thank you crutchfield
nick from 3163022617