About the XS Power D5100
Depending on your vehicle and the application, you'll need some accessories to connect your XS Power battery. To see what works with this battery, click on the "Accessories" tab above. If you have questions, our advisors are here to help.
Give your vehicle the necessary juice to perform at its best. XS Power deep cycle batteries can act as replacements for your car's standard battery, or you can use them as auxiliaries to power your high-performance sound system and hydraulics reliably. If you've got a boat or an RV, XS Power's got a solution for your electric needs, too.
XS Power deep cycle batteries feature a sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design that incorporates special glass fiber mats that contain the acid electrolyte between the lead plates, rather than a standard flooded (liquid) design. This leak-proof, non-hazardous configuration typically lasts longer than normal replacement batteries if properly charged. These batteries actually store energy, so you don't have to add a capacitor to your system to get a quick burst when you need it.
Since there are no external vents on an XS Power battery, you can mount it in a passenger compartment, below a seat, or inside a glove box without fear of leaks. No leaks mean no corrosion or damage to chrome or paint. XS Power guarantees their batteries will not leak, even if damaged. These batteries also resist extreme vibrations so they'll perform in the trunk or hatch area without skipping a beat.
XS Power D5100
The XS Power D5100 deep cycle 12-volt battery provides up to 3,100 maximum amps and has a capacity of 60 amp-hours. A reinforced plastic case protects it in your vehicle. Check "Accessories" for items that'll help you install and secure your new battery.
Need more help choosing the right battery for your vehicle?
XS Power offers a handy vehicle guide on their website. Simply enter the year, make, and model, and you'll instantly receive a list of batteries that should fit your vehicle. And they'll recommend installation accessories to help make things more convenient. Or just give us a call and talk to one of our advisors.
Important Note: You must charge this battery before installing it. We recommend XS Power's HF IntelliCharger (sold separately) to charge this battery properly. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery, and void your warranty.
- 12-volt deep cycle car battery
- sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design
- reinforced ABS plastic case
- 745 cranking amps
- maximum output: 3,100 amps
- discharge capacity: 60 amp-hours
- fits BCI Group 51 vehicles
- 9-1/16"W x 8-1/4"H x 5-7/16"D (measure for fit)
- weight: 39.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # D5100
What's in the box:
- D5100 AGM Deep cycle 12 volt battery
- 2 M6 bolts
- 2 Split lock washers
- D Series Instruction Sheet
XS Power D5100 reviews
Headlight dimming has greatly reduced, no complaints. Only time will tell how it lasts.
0 of 0 found this helpful
It works great so far.
0 of 0 found this helpful
I've only had in my car for about a week now (at time of writing this), but so far seems to be a solid battery. I don't notice any improvement in output from my audio system (as some people have stated) than I had with my last battery (which was an OEM replacement) so I don't know yet if the extra money for this battery is worth it or not but time will tell with how the natural degradation of batteries go. I do have less light dimming, but that could be just because it is a fresh battery in general. However, I do not like how the manufacturer makes you buy the terminal posts separately but they include the screws and washers with the battery anyway. Huh? What good is that? Then, when you buy the terminal posts, those come with the same screws and washers anyway. Doesn't make sense and is kind of stupid but whatever. Anyway, no doubt you'll be happy with this battery, but it's just too soon to tell whether or not it is worth it (to me) to pay the extra money for it over an OEM replacement.
2 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the XS Power D5100
Overview: The XS Power D5100 is a 12-volt battery that is designed to be used as a supplemental power source in your vehicle, or it can replace your vehicle's OEM battery. It can supply the power needed to run your high-powered audio system, better than a standard battery.
Note: The D5100 is standard polarity. For reverse polarity, see D5100R.
Terminals Needed: This D-series battery does not come with battery terminals, so you will need to purchase the proper terminal adapters for your application before installation can take place:
- Car Stereo Installation: You will need terminal adapters that fit the inner diameter of your power ring terminals. Recommended terminal adapters include: Two 5/16" brass stud adapters (#589), Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#590), Two 5/16" + Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#588), or Two 3/8" zinc-plated steel stud adapters (#587). For dual-battery installations, a second battery install kit, such as the XS Power AK2500, can be used to connect the D5100 in parallel (+ to + and - to -) with the main battery.
- OEM Battery Replacement: The D5100 fits the BCI Group 51 vehicle applications and will fit many small imported vehicle applications. If you are installing the battery under the hood or replacing your vehicle's OEM battery, you will need either the Short Brass Post Adapters (#580) or the Long Brass Post Adapters (#586) to connect your battery cables. The 5100 Billet Aluminum Hold Down (#548) can also be used to install the battery under the hood.
Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM): XS Power's AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries use a fibrous material to suspend the liquid electrolyte against the lead plates. Because the electrolyte is absorbed in the material, there is little chance of an acid leak, even in the event the case is ruptured. AGM batteries contain more lead compared to traditional "flooded" batteries, thus producing more power.
Charging the Battery: It is very important to properly charge an Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) battery before using. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery, and will void the warranty. The XS Power HF IntelliCharger for AGM Batteries (sold separately) has a microprocessor that monitors the charging process to avoid overcharging, and is recommended for this battery.
Specifications: The D5100 has the following specifications:
- MAX Amps: 3100 amps
- Cranking Amps (at 32°F): 745 amps
- Reserve Capacity: 100 minutes
- Discharge Capacity: 60 Ah (amp hours)
- Dimensions: Length=9.04", Height=8.19", Width=5.43"
- Weight: 39.6 pounds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked