About the XS Power D5100R
Give your vehicle the necessary juice to perform at its best. XS Power deep cycle batteries can act as replacements for your car's standard battery, or you can use them as auxiliaries to power your high-performance sound system reliably. If you've got a boat or an RV, XS Power's got a solution for your electric needs, too.
XS Power deep cycle batteries feature a sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design that incorporates special glass fiber mats that contain the acid electrolyte between the lead plates, rather than a standard flooded (liquid) design. This leak-proof, non-hazardous configuration typically lasts longer than normal replacement batteries if properly charged. These batteries actually store energy, so you don't have to add a capacitor to your system to get a quick burst when you need it.
Since there are no external vents on an XS Power battery, you can mount it in a passenger compartment, below a seat, or inside a glove box without fear of leaks that cause corrosion or damage to chrome or paint. XS Power guarantees their batteries will not leak, even if damaged. These batteries also resist extreme vibrations so they'll perform in the trunk or hatch area without skipping a beat.
XS Power D5100R with reversed polarity
The XS Power D5100R deep cycle 12-volt battery provides up to 3,100 maximum amps and has a capacity of 60 amp-hours. Reversed terminal polarity allows it to work in a number of popular vehicles. A reinforced plastic case protects it in your vehicle. Check "Accessories" for items that'll help you install and secure your new battery.
Need more help choosing the right battery for your vehicle?
XS Power offers a handy vehicle guide on their website. Simply enter the year, make, and model, and you'll instantly receive a list of batteries that should fit your vehicle. And they'll recommend installation accessories to help make things more convenient. Or just give us a call and talk to one of our advisors.
Important Note: You must charge this battery before installing it. We recommend XS Power's HF IntelliCharger (sold separately) to charge this battery properly. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery, and void your warranty.
- 12-volt deep cycle car battery with reversed polarity
- sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design
- reinforced ABS plastic case
- 745 cranking amps
- maximum output: 3,100 amps
- discharge capacity: 60 amp-hours
- fits BCI Group 51R vehicles
- 5-7/16"W x 8-1/4"H x 9-1/16"D (measure for fit)
- weight: 39.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # D5100R
What's in the box:
- D5100R AGM Deep cycle 12 volt battery
- 2 M6 bolts
- 2 Split lock washers
- D Series Instruction Sheet
XS Power D5100R reviews
Excellent battery. Charged quickly and provides exceptional power. Used in a Mazda Miata and fits well. Typical top notch service from Crutchfield.
Pros: Charges quickly Great power Durable construction
Cons: Had to purchase posts seperately
0 of 0 found this helpful
Best battery on the market hands down!
0 of 0 found this helpful
I replaced a sheruken battery with this unit, what can I say this is an amazing battery , very strong cranking amps, seems to hold voltage very well under load, I have no complaints
Cons: Battery height in a 92-95 civic, weight
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the XS Power D5100R
Overview: The XS Power D5100R is a 12-volt battery that is designed to be used as a supplemental power source in your vehicle, or it can replace your vehicle's OEM battery. It can supply the power needed to run your high-powered audio system, better than a standard battery.
Note: The D5100R is reverse polarity. For standard polarity, see D5100.
Terminals Needed: This D-series battery does not come with battery terminals, so you will need to purchase the proper terminal adapters for your application before installation can take place:
- Car Stereo Installation: You will need terminal adapters that fit the inner diameter of your power ring terminals. Recommended terminal adapters include: Two 5/16" brass stud adapters (#589), Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#590), Two 5/16" + Two 3/8" brass stud adapters (#588), or Two 3/8" zinc-plated steel stud adapters (#587). For dual-battery installations, a second battery install kit, such as the XS Power AK2500, can be used to connect the D5100R in parallel (+ to + and - to -) with the main battery.
- OEM Battery Replacement: The D5100R fits the BCI Group 51 vehicle applications and will fit many small imported vehicle applications. If you are installing the battery under the hood or replacing your vehicle's OEM battery, you will need either the Short Brass Post Adapters (#580) or the Long Brass Post Adapters (#586) to connect your battery cables. The 5100 Billet Aluminum Hold Down (#548) can also be used to install the battery under the hood.
Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM): XS Power's AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries use a fibrous material to suspend the liquid electrolyte against the lead plates. Because the electrolyte is absorbed in the material, there is little chance of an acid leak, even in the event the case is ruptured. AGM batteries contain more lead compared to traditional "flooded" batteries, thus producing more power.
Charging the Battery: It is very important to properly charge an Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) battery before using. Improper charging can permanently damage the battery, and will void the warranty. The XS Power HF IntelliCharger for AGM Batteries (sold separately) has a microprocessor that monitors the charging process to avoid overcharging, and is recommended for this battery.
Specifications: The D5100R has the following specifications:
- MAX Amps: 3100 amps
- Cranking Amps (at 32°F): 745 amps
- Reserve Capacity: 100 minutes
- Discharge Capacity: 60 Ah (amp hours)
- Dimensions: Length=9.04", Height=8.19", Width=5.43"
- Weight: 39.6 pounds
1 question already asked