About the PAC OS-5 Factory Integration Adapter
Keep those GM features
Keep those GM features
PAC's OS-5 interface lets you replace the factory radio in select 2006-up GM vehicles with non-amplified, Bose®, or premium Bose®audio systems, while retaining use of OnStar®, all factory warning chimes, rear seat controls, and audible turn signal indicators. You can also retain the use of your factory-installed XM satellite radio if you're installing a new car stereo with a rear auxiliary input. Warranty: 1 year.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter will work with your vehicle.
What's in the box:
- OS-5 GM LAN OnStar Retention Radio Replacement interface
- CM-X Chime module
- B-BAA20 GM antenna adapter (9.5")
- OS-NAV harness (8.5")
- OS-GMLAN29 harness (9.5")
- OS-RADPWRAUDIO harness
- Harness with center/sub RCA plugs (31")
- Installation instructions
PAC OS-5 Factory Integration Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC OS-5 Factory Integration Adapter
GM 29-Bit LAN Radio Replacement Interface: The PAC OS-5 allows you to replace your GM vehicle's original 29-bit LAN factory radio with an upgraded aftermarket radio. Using this interface will retain factory features such as OnStar, warning chimes, rear seat controls (RSC), factory XM Radio, and the Bose amplifier when original radio is removed. The OS-5 also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
Compatibility: The OS-5 is compatible with the following General Motors vehicles with factory 29-bit LAN radios (as of 9/23/2014):
Note: Chevrolet Express vans & GMC Savannah vans equipped with diesel engines are not compatible. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector for your vehicle's compatibility.
Retained Features: The PAC OS-5 radio replacement interface retains the following factory features.
- OnStar: The OS-5 retains your vehicle's factory OnStar system. It allows audio from the OnStar system to play through the vehicle's two front speakers when OnStar is active, and mutes the output of your new aftermarket radio. OnStar volume control can still be done through your factory steering wheel controls.
- Bose Amplifier: The PAC radio replacement interface lets you retain your vehicle's factory Bose amplifier. Standard Bose amplifiers will continue to fade front to rear. Due to the design of Premium Bose amplifier systems, there is currently no way of fading from front to rear with an aftermarket radio. This interface also works with non-amplified factory radios.
- XM Satellite Tuner: The OS-5 will retain the factory XM satellite radio tuner if your vehicle is equipped with steering wheel controls and a driver information center; your aftermarket head unit must also be equipped with a rear-panel Aux input.
- Rear Seat Controls (RSC): The OS-5 lets you continue to use your factory rear seat controls for your newly installed aftermarket head unit.
- Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE): In conjunction with the GMRSAV RSE retention harness (120GMRSAV, sold separately) the OS-5 retains your vehicle's factory rear seat entertainment system.
- Retained Accessory Power (RAP): Your aftermarket head unit will continue to operate with the vehicle's RAP (Retained Accessory Power) system. The aftermarket radio will stay on after the vehicle's key is turned off and then stays on for approximately 10 minutes or until a door is opened.
- Warning Chimes: The vehicle's factory warning & parking assist chimes are also fully retained. External chime module included.
OEM Steering Wheel Control Compatible (optional): The OS-5 features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls via the optional PAC Steering Wheel Control Interface (541SWIRC, sold separately).
Navigation Outputs: The OS-5 provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
Wiring Connection Chart: The included harness features the following wires which will need to be hardwired (solder or crimped) to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Grey||Right Front Speaker +|
|Grey/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Red/white||Parking Brake Output -|
|Purple/white||Vehicle Speed Output|
|Blue||OnStar Volume Adjust|
|Orange/white||Illumination Output +|
|Green||Reverse Output +|
Note: Installation tools, hardware, & accessories are not included & sold separately.
The PAC OS-5 Factory Integration Adapter replaces these items
- lets you install an aftermarket receiver in select 2006-up GM vehicles without losing the door chime and audible safety warnings, plus retains OnStar and satellite radio functionality
- provides parking brake, VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor), and a reverse output for installing navigation receivers
- retains the use of the factory backup camera when used with a car stereo with a rear camera input
- add an aftermarket stereo to select 2006-up GM vehicles while keeping use of OnStar and the factory-installed XM tuner
- supports the factory amp including the 5.1-audio system in select Cadillac models
- retains the rear seat entertainment controls and audio jacks
4 questions already asked