About the PAC SWI-ALP
You want to install an Alpine stereo in your vehicle, but you hate to give up the convenience of your factory steering wheel radio controls? No problem. PAC's SWI-ALP interface allows you to use the steering wheel controls in a wide variety of vehicles to command select Alpine radios.
Installation is straightforward just connect a few wires, only 3 wires in many cars. The direct connection to the stereo means there's no need for an infrared emitter, allowing the SWI-ALP to function even in bright sunlight. Step-by-step LED confirmation makes programming easy. Once connected, the SWI-ALP's failsafe memory will learn up to 12 stereo functions, retaining them even if battery power is interrupted. Dimensions: 3-5/8"W x 1"H x 1-9/16"D. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: Please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle. On some vehicles, you may need a voltmeter to locate the correct wires to connect to the SWI-ALP. The SWI-ALP is compatible with most 2005-up Alpine stereos that are steering remote-ready, but please call or e-mail us to confirm compatibility with your radio. This adapter is also compatible with select JVC and Kenwood radios with wired remote inputs.
What's in the box:
- Steering wheel radio control interface with attached 11" blue/yellow wire and 34" cable (with 3.5mm miniplug)
- 24" Wiring harness
- Packet of 7 resistors (includes 47 ohms
- 150 ohms
- 560 ohms
- 1000 ohms
- 1500 ohms
- 3900 ohms and 5100 ohms)
- Installation Instructions
- Vehicle Application Guide
- Vehicle Connector Chart
PAC SWI-ALP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PAC SWI-ALP
Product Overview: The SWI-ALP interface allows you to retain the use of your steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles with an Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, or Blaupunkt head unit with wired remote capability. In some GM vehicles, you can retain the use of heater control buttons as well.
Vehicle Compatibility: The SWI-ALP is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles and Harley Davidson motorcycles. Please consult "What Fits My Car" to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Known Incompatible Vehicles: The following list includes the vehicles that are known not to be compatible:
- All with factory-activated cellular phones.
- All with 5-volt SWC data wire at the steering column
- 2002-2005 5-series with navigation
- Mercedes-Benz: All vehicles
- Toyota: All 2003 Sienna
- Volkswagen: All 2002-up vehicles
Head Unit Compatibility: The SWI-ALP works with Alpine radios that are Steering Remote Control Ready, such as CDA-9851, CDA-9853, CDA-9855, DVA-9865, CDA-D853, CDA-D855, and CDA-D857. It is also compatible with select Kenwood, JVC, and Blaupunkt head units that have a wired remote control input. Note: The SWI-ALP has a 3.5mm miniplug connector for Alpine and JVC, and a blue/yellow wire for Kenwood.
Easily Programmable: The SWI-ALP can be easily programmed. You can assign the buttons on the steering wheel to any of these specific functions:
- Alpine: Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, Track Up, Track Down, Preset Up, Preset Down, Source, Power, Ent/Play and Band/Program
- Kenwood: Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, Source, Seek Up, Track Up, Track Down, Disc Up/FM, and Disc Down/AM
- JVC: Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute/Power, Preset Up, Source, Seek Up, Seek Down, Select, and Band
- Blaupunkt: Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, Source, Track Up, Track Down, Disc Up, Disc Down, and OK
Note: The SWI-ALP has a non-volatile memory which keeps all programming in memory, even if the vehicle's battery is disconnected.
Resistor Kit: Some vehicles have a separate wire for each of the steering wheel buttons. Use the resistor kit for steering wheel push buttons that do not already have a resistor network connected to them. The resistor kit includes the following resistors:
- 47 Ohms (yellow, purple, black, and gold bands)
- 150 Ohms (brown, green, brown, and gold bands)
- 560 Ohms (green, blue, brown, and gold bands)
- 1000 Ohms (brown, black, red, and gold bands)
- 1500 Ohms (brown, green, red, and gold bands)
- 3900 Ohms (orange, white, red, and gold bands)
- 5100 Ohms (green, brown, red, and gold bands)