About the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX
Pioneer takes in-dash navigation to the NEX level
Pioneer's 2014 lineup of navigation receivers spotlights the NEX interface, which provides drivers with intuitive, responsive fingertip command of the action onscreen. They also offer a wealth of entertainment and integration options, including some impressive real-time, smartphone-connected navigation extras that are coming down the road.
Your multimedia command center
PIoneer's AVIC-7000NEX DVD/navigation receiver features a motorized 7" touchscreen display, allowing you to adjust the angle for the best view from your driver's seat. The NEX interface lets you choose musical sources with ease, and you can integrate your smartphone to get the most out of your travel-friendly apps. If you use a newer iPhone®, you can speak to and hear Siri® through the Pioneer without taking your eyes off the road. iPhone and Android™ smartphone users also get Pioneer's AppRadio mode for in-dash command of several important apps, while Android owners can employ MIrrorLink™ technology to navigate a car-friendly version of their phone's display right on the receiver's screen (optional interface cables required for smartphone connections).
Pioneer's innovative AppRadioLIVE streamlines your app info and functions into one easy-to-use interface. You'll enjoy quick access to your music, media, calendar, and other sources you subscribe to, just by downloading the AppRadioLIVE app and syncing your services. AppRadioLIVE works with your apps to provide visual map guidance and access to points of interest, as well as the ability to search for concerts, shows, and other local events of interest. And you can show several sources of information simultaneously, quickly shifting from one to another with a touch of your finger.
Note: AppRadio Mode and AppRadioLIVE are currently not compatible with iOS 8 due to stability and display issues. Please see "Details" for more information.
Pioneer's the first on deck with CarPlay in aftermarket car stereos. CarPlay integrates your iPhone into the driving experience in a new, seamless interface, putting iPhone content at the driver's fingertips with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay. A firmware update is required — now available at Pioneer's website.
The AVIC-7000NEX provides reliable door-to-door guidance, with maps of the entire U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus nearly 8 million searchable points of interest. A built-in traffic tuner presents timely reports on congestion along your route in most metropolitan areas, while text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual street names at turns. You'll also have 3D representations of landmarks and buildings keeping you oriented in urban areas..
Bluetooth® for calls and audio streaming
The AVIC-7000NEX lets you connect to your compatible smartphone with a wireless Bluetooth connection. You'll be able to carry on hands-free conversations using the receiver's included external microphone. And it'll work with most phones for wireless streaming audio, thanks to its advanced Hands-Free Profile technology. You'll also get smartphone app control through your devices:
iPhone: With a separate cable, you'll get control of your Aha Radio app through the receiver's touchscreen when connected. App Mode also gives you limited control over other select apps on your iPhone. You can control your iPhone's Pandora® app wirelessly with a Bluetooth connection, including station creation.
Android: You'll get control of your smartphone's Pandora (with station creation) and Aha Radio apps through Bluetooth, so no cable needed.
Hear HD Radio™ on the go
The AVIC-7000NEX also features an HD Radio tuner. You'll enjoy much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into a local participating station, and there's no subscription required — just tune it in like a regular radio station.
Great connections, better sights and sound
The AVIC-7000NEX removes the guesswork concerning which media format you can bring on your next road trip. It's got an HDMI input for Android connectivity, plus two rear USB inputs and an SD™ card slot for your favorite digital tunes, including FLAC lossless files. This receiver will also play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files, while a rear A/V input offers a connection for any other audio/video sources. Pioneer's MIXTRAX technology gives your digital files unique DJ treatments with effects and nonstop blends that'll turn your car into a mobile dance party.
The high-resolution 7" WVGA screen is perfect for viewing video from DVDs or other sources when you're parked. You can tap into video content on your iPod or smartphone with the help of the correct optional cable (not included). When you're on the road, you can play movies through a rear-seat monitor for your passengers, so they can stay entertained during long road trips. Dual-zone capability lets you enjoy the radio or another audio source up front while your passengers watch their favorite movies in the back.
No matter what you're listening to, you can look forward to superb sound quality from AVIC-7000NEX, which features a fingertip swipe-enabled 13-band graphic equalizer, plus built-in Auto EQ and Time Alignment for optimized listening. Use the high- and low-pass crossover's adjustable points and slopes to fine-tune the sound to your tastes, and engage the Advanced Sound Retriever to fill in the missing "gaps" in your compressed music files to restore them to CD-like clarity.
Expand your system
Eliminate the pain of FM stations fading away on long trips. You can hook up a satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and listen to your favorite entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music channels anywhere you go. You can also connect up to two cameras, so you can see more of what's near your vehicle when getting in and out of tight spots. If you're looking to add subs and amps, you can take advantage of three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs available.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
If your vehicle comes with factory add-ons like Ford SYNC®, GM OnStar®, or Chrysler Uconnect™, you don't have to worry about losing your favorite conveniences to get navigation and better sound — the AVIC-7000NEX offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included).
For Ford SYNC systems, you'll be able to retain voice-controlled features, steering wheel audio controls, and factory audio functions. For GM vehicles, you'll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, safety warning chimes, and OnStar, if present, while Chrysler owners will get to keep all their Uconnect functionality.
iDataLink Maestro note: A firmware update from Pioneer (available here) may be required to utilize iDataLink features.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with motorized 7" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 watts peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from your flash drive
- Apple CarPlay compatible (requires firmware update)
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details for model compatibility)
- Pioneer CD-IH202 cable and Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter required for AppRadio Mode and viewing video content from Lightning devices
- Pioneer CD-IU201V cable required for viewing video content from older Apple devices
- Siri Eyes Free control with iPhone 4s and 5/5s/5c
- built-in Android control
- Pandora and Aha Radio control through iPhone and Android
- maps of United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 7.9 million points of interest
- free traffic updates in major metropolitan areas
- text-to-speech announces actual street names at turns
- lane guidance
- 3D representations of select buildings and landmarks,
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB drives, and SD cards (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band graphic EQ with Easy EQ preset equalizer
- Auto EQ with Time Alignment
- low- and high-pass filters with adjustable crossover points
- Advanced Sound Retriever enhances compressed digital files
- Pioneer MIXTRAX technology creates nonstop mixes and adds effects to digital tracks
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: HDMI input; dual rear USB inputs; SD card slot; composite A/V input; dual rear-view camera inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer); composite video output
- CEA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDataLink Maestro module to retain factory settings for Ford SYNC, GM OnStar, and Chrysler Uconnect (firmware update may be required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVIC-7000NEX
What's in the box:
Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX owner's manual
- Navigation receiver w/ motorized 6.95" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- GPS antenna (w/ attached 11.5' cable)
- Self-adhesive square
- 58" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- 6.5' Stereo minijack extension cable
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
- Warranty sheet (USA/Canada)
- GPS note
- "Important Information for the User" booklet
Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), RCA (rear), Mini (rear)|
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Screen Type||Basic (Resistive)|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC|
Motorized 6.95" LCD Touchscreen: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX features a 6.95" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 widescreen touchscreen display. The resolution of the display is 800 x 480 (RGB), for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a paired Bluetooth device, or a connected component such as your iPod/iPhone or Android smartphone. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The unit's touchscreen display is motorized. The 6.95" touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs. The angle of the motorized touchscreen display can also be adjusted to five different positions to meet your viewing needs in the car.
- Favorites: You can register the desired menu items on the AVIC-7000NEX's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 12 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
- OSD + Backgrounds: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background display can be selected from 8 different preset displays for the AV Operation screen and 5 different preset displays for the Top Menu screen. In addition, you can change the background display to other images imported from an external USB or SD/SDHC device.
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video - Full (4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only; enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions), Zoom (4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen), Normal (4:3 picture is displayed as it is).
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video source and rear-view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusats brightness).
- Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Note: The unit offers English, Chinese, French, Portuguese, and Spanish text.
Start-Up Time: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX will turn on to the last source selected or the navigation screen. The unit has a start-up time of approximately 12.7 seconds from OFF to the last Source selected, or a start-up of approximately 35.3 seconds from OFF to the Navigation screen.
Front-Panel Control w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
Pass-Code Security: You can create a 5 to 16 character password that must be entered if the head unit is disconnected from power.
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose among twelve patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is also an optional double-DIN sleeve (130ADTV133, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to Euro-mount or custom mount the Pioneer head unit in your vehicle. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
HERE Navigation: The AVIC-7000NEX offers a comprehensive map database from HERE covering the entire United States (including Alaska & Hawaii), Canada, and Puerto Rico enabling users to route to millions of destinations; including 7.9 Million points of interest (POIs). The map database is stored on the head unit's built in 8GB flash memory. Map updates via a SD/SDHC memory card will be available at later date.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
GPS Technology: The AVIC-7000NEX accurately measures your current location by the Global Positioning System, a network of satellites orbiting the earth to give you time and position information. The accuracy of the GPS information depends upon how good the reception is. The unit has a built-in GPS receiver with a magnetic antenna included. The AVIC-7000NEX also features a speed sensing cable for better accuracy of your vehicle's movement; this wire should always be connected to your vehicle's speed detection circuit.
Note: The navigation receiver took approximately 10.1 seconds to calculate directions from Virginia to California. It only took 7.7 seconds to calculate directions from Virginia to Maryland. These tests were done inside the Crutchfield Lab of the Crutchfield Headquarters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
Real-Time Traffic Updates: Partnering with Clear Channel Broadcasting's Total Traffic Network, the built-in traffic tuner provides real-time traffic data for over 90 major cities in North America, including US and Canada. Check your commute route in advance or re-route to your destination to avoid traffic congestion. There is no subscription cost and no annoying on-screen advertisements.
- Road segments affected by traffic incidents are displayed with an alternate color on the map and small symbols above the road show the nature of the incident.
- When traffic information that may affect your route is receive, this system will warn you that it is recalculating the route and navigation will continue with a new route that is optimal considering the most up-to-date traffic conditions.
AVICSYNC App (Future Availability): With Pioneer's free AVICSYNC app and a connected iPhone (4 and newer) or Android smartphone (Galaxy series), users can access connected services that include traffic, local search, weather, gas prices and more, with key information/icons overlaid on the existing map screen information (subscription(s) required). With the AVICSYNC app, users have up-to-date and current information offering the benefits of the Latest Map Guarantee (LMG), where map data that becomes available within 90 days of the first use is updated on the receiver. It also includes highly accurate and the fast live traffic updates (every two minutes) from its High Density (HD) Traffic feature.
On-Screen Map: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. It will show map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways, buildings, and towns. Your route is marked with a green line, while your vehicle is indicated by a red arrow on the screen, and checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel the AVIC-7000NEX guides to your destination with arrows on the map and directions at the top of the screen. The map screen will also indicate the distance to your next maneuver. During your calculated route, distance to your final destination, timed need to reach the final destination, and estimated arrival time are all displayed on-screen. You can adjust the following map settings.
- 2D/3D Map Mode: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) or 3D (three-dimensional) view. 2D View displays a normal two-dimensional map with North or your direction at the top of map screen. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color. In 3D mode, your direction is at the top of the map screen and you can see the altitude and elevations differences. You can distinguish between valleys, mountains, and elevated roads. In selected cities 3D landmarks and 3D buildings are also displayed.
- Color Mode: You can switch between daytime and nighttime color modes or let the head unit's software switch between the two mode automatically a few minutes before sunrise and a few minutes after sunset.
Note: The on-screen map offers Smart Zoom. When you approach a turn, the map will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you.
Lane Guidance & Signposts: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX's navigation map offers helpful lane information and signpost guidance, along with exit service.
- Lane Guidance: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Exit Services: While navigation a route, you can find gas, food, lodging, and restrooms near upcoming exits along major highways and freeways.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Audible Alerts: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance (Text-to-Speech): In addition to graphical on-screen directions and maps, the AVIC-7000NEX provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can choose a male or female voice in English, French, or Spanish. Some of the voices are capable of text-to-speech, announcing the street names along with the turn directions. You can adjust the the voice guidance volume independently from the head unit's main volume.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The AVIC-7000NEX provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Note: The unit will mute the audio of the other sources during navigation voice-prompts.
Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs and emergency assistance nearby.
Destination Search: The Destination Menu offers search tools to find your destination and play your route.
|Browse Map||Select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.|
|Address||Input your destination address by house number, street, and city (or county).|
|POIs||Search over 7.9 million POIs (points-of interest) by name, near you current location, near your destination, or around a city.|
|Favorites (including Home & Work)||You can save your favorite addresses and POIs for quicker access the next time you are traveling. You can also save your Home and Work address in your favorites.|
|History & Smart History||The places that you have set as destinations in the past are automatically stored for easier access. Smart History suggest these previously used locations as destinations based on your navigation habits, using parameters like the current time of day, the day of week, and the current location.|
|Combined Search||You can enter search keywords to find addresses, favorite places, recent destination, and POIs.|
|Coordinates||Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.|
Note: Your vehicle must be stopped and the parking brake will need to be engaged to enable certain navigation functions; such as Address search and Coordinates.
Route Calculation: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Truck, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit should
use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Economical: combines the benefits of Fast and Short; calculates as if it were calculating the Fast route, but it takes other roads as well to save fuel
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Detours & Alternatives: You can select "Route Alternative" to see the turn-list and map screen of four routes (Fastest/Shortest/Economical/Easy) with the selected route planning parameters, giving you the option to select which route to take. You can also choose to Detour around the road ahead, avoid a specific road, or around a section of the route.
Router Planner: The Route Planner feature lets you built your route usign the list of destinations you have chosen. You can modify the list as you like (adding or removing a destination (waypoint), changing a final destination, or setting a new starting position.
Itinerary w/ Route Simulation: The Itinerary page displays turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route and the distance between turns. You can preview all the route information and simulate travel along a projected route.
Auto Reroute: If you depart from the original route, the navigation system recalculates the route and provides new directions.
Trip Monitor: The Trip Monitor contains useful information about your trip. This information can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes; Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Off-Road Navigation: The difference between the on-road and off-road modes is the navigation itself. When you are on the Map screen with an off-road route, your position and heading is not aligned with the nearest road and there is no turn by turn navigation; just a recommended direction. You see a straight line drawn between your current position and the next destination to reach. The Turn Preview field in the top left corner shows an arrow with your bearing and the distance of the next destination.
Bluetooth Technology (powered by Parrot): The AVIC-7000NEX is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 3.0 (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVIC-7000NEX without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit; only one device can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The AVIC-7000NEX supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the AVIC-7000NEX provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVIC-7000NEX allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVIC-7000NEX, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Phone Book (w/ alphabet search): The phone book (up to 800 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
Note: All Bluetooth phone functions are available with our without the parking brake engaged.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the AVIC-7000NEX lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. (app must also support). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
Siri Eyes-Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone with Siri (iOS 6.1+) via Bluetooth, the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone for "Siri Eyes-Free" functionality. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone Siri functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's touchscreen monitor will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: Your iPhone with Siri can be connected via Bluetooth and USB simultaneously. You can only access stored music using Siri when the head unit's source is iPod or Bluetooth Audio. All other Siri functions can be accessed from any source. The head unit's audio is muted while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
Compatible Discs: The 6.95" touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs. The AVIC-7000NEX supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs with music, video, and photo files.
Dual USB Ports: The unit's two rear-panel USB (type-A) ports and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) or USB Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) compliant devices; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device and music only on your USB MTP device through the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (1.6A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's rear-panel USB port supports Android OS 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean) as a Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) device. It also supports Android OS 2.2+ (Froyo/Gingerbread) as a Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; as of 3/31/2014. The receiver does not support Android OS 3.1+ (Honeycomb) or other Android operating systems not listed.
SD Card Slot: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX features a SD card slot hidden behind the motorized touchscreen monitor. The unit's SD card slot accepts SD (up to 2GB) and SDHC (up to 32GB) memory cards for playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or inserted USB device.
|Media Type||Disc: CD (-R/RW), DVD (-R/-RW/-R DL)||Flash Memory: USB (MSC/MTP), SD/SDHC|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, UDF||FAT 16/32 or NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3: 8-320kbps bit
rate; 16-48kHz sampling rates
8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates |
WMA: 5-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
AAC: 8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
WAV: 8-/16-bit rate; 16-44.1k sampling rates
FLAC: 8-/16-bit rate; 16-44.1k sampling rates
720 x 576 max resolution; 4GB max file size |
MPEG-1/2/4: 720 x 1280 max resolution; 4GB max file size
720 x 1280 max resolution; 4GB max file size |
H.264: 400 x 240 max resolution; 4GB max file size
WMV: 400 x 240 max resolution; 4GB max file size
|Photo||JPEG: max resolution of 8192 x 7680|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files|| |
700 folders/999 files (700 folders/3,500 files for DVD)
|1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0,/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags|
Note: Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Advanced Playback & Search Functions (for USB & SD): Advance playback functions include; Music Browsing which lets you browse your USB & SD/SDHC memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre from the head unit in alphabetical order; and Link Play which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVIC-7000NEX.
Off Insert/Eject: A disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
iPod Connectivity w/ DAC Bypass: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone through its rear-panel USB port, HDMI input, RGB port, and 3.5mm jack. The AVIC-7000NEX offers audio/video playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple iPod/iPhone models. It also provides a special AppRadio mode for iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5/5C/5S users which allows you to access a variety of online music, navigation, and other helpful apps. The AVIC-7000NEX allows your iPod/iPhone's music library to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 96dB.
- Lightning Dock Connector: If you have a newer iPhone with the Lightning-connector; you can use Pioneer's CD-IH202 HDMI cable and CD-IU52 Lightning-to-USB cable, plus the Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (all sold separately) to access stored music and videos, music and video apps, plus AppRadio Mode for playback of advance applications on the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX. This setup also requires your iPhone be paired via Bluetooth to the head unit. You can substitute the CD-IH202 HDMI cable for another manufacturer's mobile-grade HDMI cable and the CD-IU52 cable with the Lightning cable that came with your iPhone. If you desire only music playback from your Lightning-connector Apple device, simply use Pioneer's Lightning-to-USB cable (130CDIU52, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the AVIC-7000NEX.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPhone 4/4S with a 30-pin dock connector, use the Pioneer CD-IU201S RGB/USB cable (130IU201S, sold separately) to enjoy playback of stored music and videos, music and video apps, plus access to AppRadio Mode for playback of advance applications on the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX. If you do not own and iPhone 4/4S, but do have another older 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone, use the Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod Video cable (130IU201V, sold separately) for playback of music and movies files stored on your device, as well as music apps. Simply use Pioneer's dock connector-to-USB cable (130CDIU51, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device if you desire stored music and music app playback only.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.6A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Control + Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX lets you control your iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen, your iPod/iPhone's touchscreen/clickwheel, or a downloaded app. The head unit supports song/artist information and album art.
- Head Unit: Head Unit mode is supported by 30-pin and Lightning connector iPod/iPhones when used with one of the appropriate cables mentioned above. From the head unit's touchscreen, you can search your iPod/iPhone's audio content by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook; and video content by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, or TV Show. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. In addition, the head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. Older iPod/iPhone device's will be locked during connection, but Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked so you can also control the iPod/iPhone from its touchscreen or clickwheel.
- App Mode: App Control allows you to navigate stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. In addition, you can watch video on the Pioneer A/V receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S or iPhone 5/5C/5S. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include; Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next. There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to "App mode". Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen. App Control mode requires Pioneer's CD-IH202 HDMI cable / CD-IU52 Lightning Cable / Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (all sold separately) for Lightning connector Apple devices; and the CD-IU201V or CD-IU201S Pioneer cable (sold separately) for 30-pin dock connector devices.
Note: Video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged.
Apple CarPlay Compatible: Apple CarPlay can be integrated into this Pioneer NEX-series head unit through a firmware update that will be posted on the Pioneer site and can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive. You will then be able to connect the USB thumbdrive with the update file to the NEX-series head unit and complete the update process. Apple CarPlay is compatible with Apple iPhone with Lightning-connector (iOS 7.1+). Your iPhone must be connected to the NEX-series head unit via the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or Pioneer's CD-IU52 Lightning Cable (sold separately). CarPlay features Siri voice control and is specially designed for driving scenarios. It also works with the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen controls.
- Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchsrceen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Pioneer head unit. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying podcasts, music, and radio. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include Podcasts and Spotify (more supported Apps coming soon).
AppRadio Mode for iOS: Using the Pioneer CD-IH202 HDMI cable / Pioneer CD-IU52 Lightning Cable / Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (all sold separately) to connect the AVIC-7000NEX to your newer iPhone with Lightning connector (iOS 7.1.2) loaded with Pioneer's free AppRadio application from the Apple App Store, you can enjoy full on-screen access and control of your music, navigation, calendar, contacts, and more with an intuitive interface; formatted and designed specifically for safer in-vehicle operation (also requires Bluetooth pairing). The same can be done with the older iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.3+) using Pioneer's CD-IU201S RGB/USB cable (sold separately). Pioneer has teamed up with app providers to offer compatibility with many of today's most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an expanding catalog of compatible apps for future use that can be easily & seamlessly added. Visit the Pioneer AppRadio Mode Site for the latest compatible apps. Compatible apps include (as of 9/24/2014):
|App Categories||Application Description|
|CarMediaPlayer: CarMediaPlayer allows you to swipe, drag, and directly touch the desired artist, song, or album in your music library directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen with Alphabet Search and Album View function. When you're searching through your library, Alphabet Search allows you to select the first letter in the desired song, album, or artist name from the Pioneer receiver making it quick an easy to get to the music you want. The iPhone version of the app even allows you to play and access your iTunes Match collection directly from the Pioneer's touchscreen. Stored movies and videos can also be accessed through the CarMediaPlayer.|
|Aupeo! Personal Radio: AUPEO! Personal Radio offers free online music. With more than 120 Internet radio stations available, users can search for their favorite music by artists, songs, genres, or AUPEO!'s "Mood-Tuner". Users can also choose to "love" or "ban" songs directly from the AppRadio screen, enabling the app to adjust content to the user's personal taste.|
|iHeartAuto: The iHeartAuto app provides safe, easy, and free access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from across the country. Plus, in the same app you can create custom stations based on your favorite artists or songs. With the top live radio stations in America and more than 15 million songs in our catalog, iHeartAuto features more music, backed by better music programming, than any other service available.|
|Rdio: Rdio (from for $4.99 per month) gives you access to over 8 million songs. You are able to search and find any song, album or artist, and start listening immediately. You can search music by new releases and chart toppers. You can also check out what other listeners have been listening to the most, or look at your own recent listening history. In addition, you can even create your own music collection or make your own playlists. Rdio will even recommend music for you, based on your previous music listening. The AppRadio will display Artist,/Album/Song information, as well as Album art.|
|StreamS HiFi Radio: The StreamS HiFi Radio app has been optimized the iPhone. The StreamS HiFi Radio app ($3.99) provides access to more than 4,000 live Internet radio stations from across the globe delivered in AAC/HE-AACv1/HE-AACv2 at 32kbps for high fidelity listening.|
|MyPV: The MyPV app for iPhone uses an up-to-date music video ranking system from eight countries across the world, so you can select your favorite promotional videos and create playlists. You can put videos registered on your playlists on continuous playback. Because you can also register search results from YouTube for playlists, you can easily create lists using your favorite videos. You can also repeat and loop videos registered on your playlists.|
|Stezza: Take control of your iPod music with style and ease, because the Stezza app ($0.99) has big buttons for big fingers. Featuring a modern design, playing music has never been safer when driving. Multiple color themes for the fashion conscious, all the usual controls, podcasts, and iTunes Match supported.|
|gMusic: Google Music allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device. gMusic offers full playlist editing, thumbs up playlist, metadata editing, and innovative navigation.|
|Mixtrax: Pioneer's proprietary MIXTRAX app from iTunes analyzes the music in your iTunes library to create custom playlists for non-stop song mixes with added DJ effects.|
| N |
|Apple Maps: You can view Apple maps on the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen as you would on your iPhone. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|MotionX GPS Drive: The MotionX-GPS Drive App ($0.99) is available from iTunes for your iPhone. This navigation app also requires a $24.99 one time fee for the maps to display on-screen, and a one year $9.99 subscription for Voice Guidance feature. MotionX-GPS Drive is a complete GPS navigation solution, designed and optimized for the iPhone, that can be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio. MotionX-GPS Drive helps you find what you're looking for and provides turn-by-turn directions with optional Live Voice Navigation, using industry-leading maps (including US and Canada). All the functionality of an advanced dedicated turn-by-turn GPS unit is presented in this intuitive iOS application. MotionX-GPS Drive Offers full support for the iPhone with multitasking, routing, and live voice guidance instructions continuing in the background; while you listen to streaming music from your car audio system or use other applications from the iPhone. The 2D/3D navigation map will be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio, but you will still control the MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation app from your iPhone.|
|NavFree GPS Live: NavFree GPS Live is a free navigation app that offers turn-by-turn directions, voice and on-screen instructions, offline map use, address search, live searches via Google and Microsoft Bing, and many other features. Navfree is a completely free navigation app with no additional monthly charges. It uses map data created by a community of thousands of users around the world. The map gets downloaded to the phone so data connection is not required for navigating.|
|iGO Primo North America: The iGO primo app ($24.99) is powered by the same tried-and-trusted iGO Engine used in millions of GPS navigation devices around the world. The maps are part of the application so there are no roaming fees (no need for cellular network coverage). Highlighted features include; fast, short, easy-to-follow, and green routes, automatic route recalculation, multipoint-route support, smart keyboard & history, TTS Pro, in-app shop, local/POI search, and more.|
|INRIX Traffic: INRIX is a leading provider of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal navigation. The INRIX Traffic app ($24.95 lifetime subscription) for iPhone provides real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways, interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will be displayed on the AppRadio, while control is still handled from the iPhone.|
|Sygic: The Sygic app ($29.99) offers high quality TomTom maps stored on your iPhone together with a robust set of navigation features to help you drive with confidence.|
|Waze: Waze is a cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers. When you download Waze, you not only get a free GPS traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time and gas, and improve everyone's daily commute.|
| D |
|DashCommand: Utilizing the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors of the iPhone 4/4S, the DashCommand app ($49.99) displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle's OBD-II data port (using the Automatic Car Adapter; sold separately) advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the Pioneer head unit's screen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.|
|Beej!: Beej! for iPhone ($1.99) is an in-vehicle location/navigation application ($1.99). Beej! quickly identifies your position and allows you to select the nearest bank, bar, gas station, hospital, hotel, restaurant and more. Beej! provides a complete list of all the businesses in the category selected, including the distance from your current location and address, with options to get directions (via MotionX-GPS Drive app) or place a call to the selected business. The layout and aesthetics provide optimal in-vehicle viewing, without becoming a distraction for drivers from safe vehicle operations.|
|Extra Mile: Extra Mile ($1.99) is an all-in-one app for convenient voice navigation that gives audio feedback to improve your driving performance and conserve fuel.|
|Parkopedia: Parkopedia ($1.99) has grown to cover over 25 million parking spaces in 28 countries around the world thanks to contributions from other drivers. Use this app to find parking using your current location or by entering an address. Get directions straight to the space and see parking space availability in real-time (where available). Find opening hours, up to date prices, payment methods and more. You can quickly narrow down parking choices using filters such as free, credit cards accepted, covered, etc.|
| U |
|CarBrowser: CarBrowser ($1.99) allows you to search and navigate the internet directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.|
|Commute WX: CommuteWX ($2.99) provides real-time weather information (current/forecast/in-route). Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that's well suited for in-vehicle travel.|
|EC Touch: The EasyCar app is designed specifically for AppRadio and provides large icons, simple commands, and swipe gestures that enable you to access your iPhone's music, contacts, mapping, and more.|
|Top Headlines: The Top Headlines app (free) is an audible news app which lets you listen to the most recent new updates from multiple sources.|
|Contacts: Access your iPhone's contacts. This function is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|Calendar: Access your iPhone's calendar, so you can view important events and reminders. This functionality is bundles with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|Photos: You can view photos stored on your iPhone. Access albums and camera rolls, and even view a slideshows. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
AppRadioLive: Now within the AppRadio App mode is the AppRadioLive App for iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5/5C/5S (iOS 7.1.2). The AppRadioLive app simplifies AppRadio mode and your drive by combining the information you need during your commute into a single, easy-to-use interface. Maps, media, news information, and your events calendar are within reach within a smooth and intuitive interface on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Maps: The AppRadioLive app uses the native maps from your smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews. The AppRadioLive map feature also allows destinations to b exported directly into any of the user's favorite AppRadio compatible navigation apps; such as MotionX-GPS Drive, iGO Primo, Navfree, and Waze to obtain route and voice guidance.
- Media: AppRadioLive also lets you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone. And, you can access over 25 millions songs from your Rdio account. Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- News: AppRadioLive lets you stay up to date on the latest news with the help of Feedly and text-to-speech technology. You can check the weather for your current location, home, work, or destination.
- Calendar Events: The AppRadioLive app lets you stay organized by accessing your smartphone's calendar and Facebook events in a single, simple interface. Learn about nearby concerts, sporting events and more with EventSeeker, and easily add those events to your calendar.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 3/12/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode|| AppRadio |
| Pandora |
|CarPlay||Song/Artist||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Designed for Android: Offering support for some of the most popular Android smartphones on the market, the AVIC-7000NEX provides the ability to control, view, and listen to compatible apps running on select Android powered smartphones, via AppRadio mode or MirrorLink.
- AppRadio App Compatibility: In order to enjoy AppRadio
mode, you will need Pioneer's Android cable (130CDAH200,
sold separately) to connect your compatible Android smartphone to the
AVIC-7000NEX's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and HDMI input. Click
here for latest compatible Android smartphones tested by Pioneer.
Compatible Android smartphones (as off 4/2/2014)
- HTC: Amaze 4G, EVO 3D, EVO 4G, One, One S, One XL, One X+, Raider 4G, REzound, Sensation XE, Velocity 4G, Vivid
- LG: Optimus 2X (P990), Optimus G, Optimus 4G
- Motorola: Atrix 2, Droid 4, Droid Razr, Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
- Samsung: Epic 4G, Galaxy Express, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, *Galaxy Note II, *Galaxy Note III, Galaxy S II, *Galaxy S3, *Galaxy S4, *Galaxy S5 (*requires an additional 3rd party MHL microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin adapter; sold separately)
- Sony Ericsson: Xperia arc S, Xpeira arc, Xperia neo V, Xperia neo, Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia TL, Xperia TX, Xperia V, Xperia Z, Xperia ZL
- MirrorLink Compatibility: You will need Pioneer's CD-MU200 MirrorLink Cable (sold separately) to connect your MirrorLink-compatible Android smartphone to the RGB input of the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX. Compatible phones include the Samsung Galaxy S3/Note II (w/ Android OS) and select Sony Xperia (w/ Android OS smartphones. To use MirrorLink with your Samsung Galaxy S 3 or Note II, Samsung's free Drive Link application must be downloaded from Samsung Apps and installed on your Galaxy S 3/Note II smartphone. The Sony Xperia Z (with latest firmware update) does not require an additional app download.
Note: In order to access compatible AppRadio and MirrorLink apps, your Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
AppRadio Mode for Android: Using Pioneer's Android cable (130CDAH200, sold separately) to connect the AVIC-7000NEX's to your compatible Android smartphone loaded with Pioneer's free AppRadio application from the Google Play Store, you can enjoy select AppRadio apps through your car stereo system. Compatible AppRadio apps for Android include (as of 3/25/2014):
- Navigation: AppRadio
mode for Android offers a variety of navigation & driver assistant apps.
- Maps: You can view your Android smartphone's Google maps on the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen as you would on your mobile device. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.
- Waze: Waze is a social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers. When you download Waze, you not only get a free GPS traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time and gas, and improve everyone's daily commute.
- Dash Command: DashCommand utilizes the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors in your Android phone to provide advanced features such as the skid pad, race track, and inclinometer. Optional OBD-II interface sold separately from Palmer Performance Engineering is required.
- Extra Mile: Extra Mile ($1.99) is an all-in-one app for convenient voice navigation gives audio feedback to improve your driving performance and conserve fuel.
- Glympse: Glympse is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose. When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter, and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device.
- Music: AppRadio mode
for Android gives you access to music stored on your smartphone device and
from various online music services.
- CarMediaPlayer: The CarMediaPlayer app allows you to swipe, drag, and directly touch the desired artist, song, or album in your Android device's music library directly from the Pioneer touchscreen with Alphabet Search and Album View functions. Stored movies and videos can also be accessed through the CarMediaPlayer.
- Aupeo!: The Aupeo! music apps offers more than 120 Internet radio stations. Users can search for their favorite music by artists, songs, genres, or AUPEO!'s "Mood-Tuner". Users can also choose to "love" or "ban" songs directly from the head unit's touchscreen, enabling the app to adjust content to the user's personal taste.
- iHeartAuto Radio: The iHeartAuto app offers safe, easy, free access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from across the country. Plus, in the same app you can create custom stations based on your favorite artists or songs. With the top live radio stations in America and more than 15 million songs in our catalog, iHeartAuto features more music, backed by better music programming, than any other service available.
- 7digital: 7digital is a leading digital music provider which sells high quality MP3s across 32 countries worldwide. With over 20 million tracks in store, you're sure to find what you're looking for. With this app you can Sync your 7digital music from the cloud to your phone wirelessly, play music that is already stored on your device, and browse top album and track charts, new releases and recommendations right on the screen of this Pioneer DVD receiver.
- Mixtrax: Pioneer's proprietary Mixtrax app ($1.99) analyzes the music in your iTunes library to create custom playlists for non-stop song mixes with added DJ effects.
- Utility: AppRadio mode
offers additional helpful apps along your commute.
- CarKeyboard: The CarKeyboard app allows you to input text directly from the 6.95" capacitive touchscreen display of the Pioneer head unit. CarKeyboard is a customizable multi-language keyboard that works in conjunction with the AppRadio app and can also be used as the default keyboard on your Android device.
- Contacts & Calendar: Access your contacts on your Android phone from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen. You can also access your Android smartphone's calendar; view important events and reminders. This functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.
- Photos: View photos stored on your Android device. Access albums and camera rolls and even view a slideshow. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.
- Maxthon for Pioneer: Maxthon Mobile Web Browser app for Android is packed with cool features completely free with no ads.
Note: Click here to view latest AppRadio mode apps. AppRadioLive app for Android coming soon.
MirrorLink (for Samsung & Sony): The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX provides compatibility with MirrorLink, an in-vehicle connectivity standard created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC). MirrorLink offers seamless connectivity between your compatible smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S3/Note II and Sony Xperia Z) and the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX receiver using the Pioneer CD-MU200 MirrorLink Cable (sold separately). The MirrorLink interface lets you access certain music, map, and phone applications from the head unit's touchscreen for a more convenient and safer in-car experience. Individual MirrorLink apps are grouped into three categories (Music, Location/Drive, Phone/Call) for easy access. Selecting a category lets you quickly access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as hands-free telephone communication.
- Music: You can listen to every music file stored in the smartphone. You can search for your music files by Favorites, Playlists, Artists, Albums, or All Songs. You'll also have access to basic playback controls (Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track).
- Location (Drive): You can navigate via Google Maps. You are able to speak and type destinations. The app provides you with an on-screen map screen and audible directions.
- Phone (Call): The app retrieves all contact information stored in the smartphone. You can make and answer phone calls from the head unit's touchscreen, just as you would normally do on your smartphone. The head unit will even read aloud text messages and let you reply.
Note: For more information regarding MirrorLink, please visit www.mirrorlink.com.
HD Radio: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
- Station Text/Album Art + RDS: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The head unit also supports Album Art from select HD Radio stations. For analog FM stations, the Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as song/artist information when listening to compatible RDS FM stations.
- Supertuner IIID: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- Reception Blending: If a digital broadcast reception condition gets poor, this unit automatically switches to the analog broadcast of the same frequency level. If this function is set to "On", the tuner switches between digital broadcast and analog broadcast automatically. If this function is 'Off', reception will be conducted within an analog broadcast.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest analog or HD stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from a HD Radio or RDS FM broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to www.hdradio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone/Android): The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX allows you to access Pandora online music service, as well as Aha Radio social network service through your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected iPhone (iOS 5.0+), as well as Bluetooth-connected Android smartphone (2.2+). Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the AVIC-7000NEX via the appropriate Pioneer iPod connector cable (CD-IU51 / CD-IU52 / CD-IU201V / CD-IU201S / CD-IH202), the connector-cable that came with your iPhone, or via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX using your USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, or HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+), as well as Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (2.2+). The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your Station or Genre List and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- Aha Radio: Aha Radio provides you with up to the minute content made available from the convenience of Pioneer's touchscreen interface. Listen to the latest Facebook updates or Tweets from your friends. Listen to thousands of stations that include internet radio, podcasts, and audiobooks. Receive traffic information, restaurants, and coffee locations personalized to you instantly, safely, and easily. Compatible with USB-connected, Bluetooth-paired, and HDMI+Bluetooth-connected Apple iOS (5.0+) devices, as well as paired Android (2.2+) devices that support the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP). Simply download the free Aha Radio app to your iPhone or Android device (from iTunes Apps or Google Play) and connect to the AVIC-7000NEX to control your own personalized entertainment experience.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX CD receiver is SiriusXM Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV200, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel/Category Lists: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category. You can even scan through channels within categories; Category Scan lets you play back six seconds of a live broadcast in the currently selected category.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD touchscreen; as well as Album Art and station logos.
- Presets + Favorites: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets. Up to 6 of your SiriusXM presets can be identified as Favorites for advanced features such as TuneStart & TuneScan.
- Tune Start/Scan: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Favorite channel. TuneScan plays the first six seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Favorites.
- Instant Replay: Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station you are listening to.
- Alerts:While listening to SiriusXM Satellite Radio, you can be alerted when your favorite songs, artists, or games involving your favorite sports teams are playing on other channels.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone (connected to your head unit via USB). The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from DVDs, CDs, and flash media, the Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the AVIC-7000NEX are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+6 to -24).
Crossovers: The AVIC-7000NEX employs high pass and low pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speakers.
- HPF: The head unit's 12dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an18dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's rear-panel AUX 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source (AM, Pandora, iPod, Apps) to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 9 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App/Media App Control mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone/iPad. It is also not supported by USB MTP devices.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation; this can be turned On or Off.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console. The rear-panel 3.5mm minijack input also serves as the A/V input for your USB-connected iPod/iPhone (using the proprietary Pioneer cable).
AV Output (w/ Dual Zone): The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system. You can simultaneously enjoy the same or different sources in the front and rear of your vehicle. The unit's A/V output can be set to Mirror, Disc, AV-IN, SD, USB, iPod, or Off. The Mirror mode simply outputs the same audio/video signal which is playing on the head unit's touchscreen monitor to your connected rear monitor/headphone system.
HDMI Input: In addition to AppRadio mode for iPhone and Android, the head unit's HDMI input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output; such as a TV tuner, Blu-ray player, or game system. The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device (not the Pioneer head unit).
Rear-View Camera Input: The AVIC-7000NEX is equipped with a composite video rear-view camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC6, sold separately). When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds. The unit also provides four on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle. You can even select for the rear-view camera to stay on at all times, so you can keep an eye on the trailer you are towing. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Note: The head unit's composite video AV input can also be used as a second camera input for a front-camera (sold separately). Automatic video switching and on-screen guidelines are not supported by the second camera input.
OEM Integration: Via a firmware update, this Pioneer navigation receiver is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Pioneer head unit to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system; select GM vehicles with factory OnStar; select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles with U-Connect; and select Volkswagens. The iDatalink Maestro RR lets Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Dodge/Chrysler, and VW owners to swap out their factory radio for this aftermarket Pioneer head unit; while retaining the Ford Sync system, GM OnStar system, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep U-Connect system, steering wheel controls, USB interface, Bluetooth (Ford only), Satellite Radio, 911 assist, and more. You will need to flash the iDatalink Maestor RR readio replacement interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you will also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Pioneer head unit's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
Note: Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible and what additional installation gear you will need to complete the install.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input (3.5mm) on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
9 questions already asked
I am excited about this product because of the different features that it has. The navigation features are second to none, I put one of them in my 2005 toyota corolla and i am so please with its performance and it was easy to install.
Lloyd from NY