About the Pioneer DEH-80PRS
It's all about the sound quality
It's all about the sound quality
You'll find plenty of good CD receivers on the market that offer solid sound quality, active displays, and lots of features. But if your sights are set on achieving ultimate sound quality, you need to look beneath the surface for a receiver that's built for SQ from the ground up. Pioneer's DEH-80PRS CD receiver goes well beyond most receivers with the quality of its internal components and architecture.
Pioneer starts with audiophile-grade components — components like a set of three Burr-Brown® 24-bit D/A converters, one each for the lows, mids, and highs, along with beefy, high-capacitance power supply capacitors that keep your sound clean and focused even when you push your system. A 4-layer circuit board design reduces internal noise by shielding vulnerable components with copper foil.
The DEH-80PRS utilizes a 28-bit binary floating-point digital signal processor, which provides incredibly precise control of the receiver's signal processing and tuning. What's this mean to you? You can adjust the time alignment and other acoustic parameters without degrading the original signal — the sound stays accurate and real.
Unparalleled sound controls
The DEH-80PRS boasts plenty of built-in power, and you can adjust the output with a comprehensive 16-band EQ that lets you set the left and right channels independently. But you'll really want to hook this receiver up to external amplifiers for its true genius to shine through. The DEH-80PRS boasts a sophisticated 3-way active crossover network that allows you to amplify and adjust the lows, mids, and highs separately. This unparalleled control ensures the most accurate sound reproduction — perfect for building your ultimate SQ dream system.
For further refinement of the sound you can use the receiver's Auto Time Alignment feature to get the perfect stereo sweet spot. You can also connect the supplied microphone to the receiver and it'll automatically adjust the equalization to your vehicle's interior.
Classic styling and a pin-sharp OEL display
This receiver's style keeps up with its performance. The clean, uncluttered design features a fold-down face with a crisp 3-line full-dot LCD display. And you can choose from over 200,000 colors for the display and buttons — you won't have any problem matching the colors to match your dash (or your taste).
Plenty of expansion opportunities
In addition to CD playback, the receiver is ready to handle your digital media. Plug in your iPod® to one of the two rear USB inputs, and you'll be able to use the receiver's controls to access your playlists, with handy tools like Alphabet Search to help you find the song or album you want in a snap. For your other music sources, you'll find front and rear aux inputs and an SD card slot, too. You can control Pandora® Internet radio when your iPhone® is connected, and Pioneer's App Mode offers display and limited control of many other music apps.
Although you won't want anything disturbing your listening session when you're behind the wheel, it's nice to know that the DEH-80PRS offers built-in Bluetooth for the safety and convenience of hands-free calling. You won't fumble for the phone when a call comes in — just press a button and talk like your caller is sitting next to you.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
iPhone® 5 Note: You'll need to update this Pioneer receiver to enable Bluetooth control and metadata display for the iPhone 5 or other Apple iOS6 devices. This update requires a laptop with Bluetooth running Windows 7.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- audiophile-grade components and internal architecture
- Pandora® Internet radio control with iPhone
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- detachable fold-face with 3-line full-dot LCD display, plus customizable display and key colors
- remote control
- 16-band equalizer with separate left and right channel control
- 3-way crossover network
- Auto-EQ and time alignment (Auto-EQ microphone included)
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- built in iPod control no adapter necessary, but adding Pioneer's optional connecting cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- App Mode offers limited control of music apps through iPhone connection
- inputs: two rear 1-amp USB inputs, front and rear auxiliary inputs, SD card slot
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub — switchable to high, mid, low)
What's in the box:
- AM/FM CD receiver (with 10-amp ATM mini fuse inserted into chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Low-level-to-high-level harness
- Wireless remote control (QXE1044)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- 5' USB extension cable (with a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- Auto-EQ microphone (with attached 6.5' cord terminated by a male 3.5mm connector)
- External microphone (with attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 5 Self-adhesive cable clamps
- 2 Extraction keys
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Face fixing screws
- 2 Face fixing clips
- Operation's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Installation Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Information to User sheet
- Limited Warranty Information (USA/Canada)
- Operating Environment note for CD-ROM
Pioneer DEH-80PRS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DEH-80PRS
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front, Mini (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|Full size||5Gen and newer|
|Nano||1Gen and newer|
|Touch||1Gen and newer|
|iPhone||2G and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV|
Burr-Brown 24-bit D/A Converters: Three Burr-Brown digital to analog converters are used - one each for the high, mid, and low frequency ranges; providing exceptional linear sound reproduction with wide dynamic range and faithful reproduction of the original source.
4-Layer Circuit Board Design: Utilizing a four layer copper foil board with components mounted to both sides of the board allows for a circuit board with a much smaller footprint. The inside layers of the circuit board are dedicated to the power and ground supply traces, which allow for lower overall circuit impedance and greatly reduce noise.
Full-Custom High-Capacitance Power Supply Capacitor: Custom-built capacitors in the power supply keep sound clear and consistent. Exclusive parts are developed and tuned for optimal sound quality through a thorough review of materials and repeated listening trials.
Sound Master Clock Circuitry: Timing is everything. Pioneer's new Sound Master Clock generates waveforms that read and process digital signals with extraordinary precision; eliminating jitter. Finely detailed signals can be accurately reproduced as they were intended.
MOSFET Amplifier: The DEH-80PRS is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the DEH-80PRS are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the DEH-80PRS are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Three 5-Volt Preamp Output: The Pioneer Premier DEH-80PRS features three 5-Volt preamp outputs (Front, Rear, and Sub). The Front and Rear preamp outputs feature fade control, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. If you are using external amplifiers to power your car audio system, you can choose to turn off the head unit's amp for better sound quality.
28-Bit Binary Floating-Point DSP: Handling a wider range of complicated calculations than a standard fixed-point DSP, Pioneer's 28-bit binary floating-point DSP along with the use of advanced programming technology allows for highly precise sound processing and tuning without degrading the source's digital signal.
Audio Operation Modes: This unit features two operation modes: the 3-way network mode (NW), and the standard mode (STD).
- 3-Way Network Mode (NW): This mode lets you create a
3-way multi-amp, multi-speaker system with separate speakers for
reproduction of high, middle and low frequencies (bands), each driven by a
dedicated power amp using the head unit's three 5-volt preamp outputs. The
3-way network mode provides network and time alignment functions; two
functions essential for a multi-amp, multi-speaker system to enable precise
control over settings for each frequency range. The 3-way network mode also
enables low-pass, high-pass, level, and phase adjustments.
- Time Alignment: The time alignment function lets you adjust the distance between each speaker and the listening position from 0 to 160-inches.
- High-Pass Crossover Filter: The HPF cuts frequencies below the set frequency (1.25, 1.6, 2.0, 2.5, 3.15, 4.0, 5.0, 6.3, 8.0, 10.0, or 12.5 kHz), letting high frequencies through to the connected speakers.
- Low-Pass Crossover Filter: The LPF cuts frequencies above the set frequency (25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz), letting low frequencies through to the connected subwoofers.
- Mid-Pass Crossover Filter: This allows you to set a LPF frequency (1.25, 1.6, 2.0, 2.5, 3.15, 4.0, 5.0, 6.3, 8.0, 10.0, or 12.5 kHz) and HPF frequency (25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz) to allow only a specific range of frequencies to played through the connected speakers.
- Slope: You can adjust the HPF/LPF/MPF slope for each speaker unit connected - LPF Slope (-36, -30, -24, -18, or -12 dB/oct), MPF (-24, -18, -12, -6, or 0 dB/oct), and HFP (-24, -18, -12, or -6 dB/oct).
- Level: You can adjust the level of each speaker unit connected - High Frequencies (-24 to 0 dB), Mid Frequencies (-24 to 0 dB), and Low Frequencies (-24 to +6 dB).
- Phase: You can switch Phase (Normal or Reverse) for each speaker unit's input signal.
- Mute: You can mute each speaker unit (filter. When a speaker unit (filter) is muted, no sound is output from that speaker.
- Standard Mode (STD): This mode lets you create a
4-speaker system with front and rear speakers using the head units speaker
outputs, or a 6-speaker system with front and rear speaker and subwoofers
using the head units preamp outputs.
- Subwoofer Output: This unit is equipped with a dedicated subwoofer preamp output which can be turned on or off. You can adjust the Phase (Normal/Reverse), LPF (50/63/80/100/125/160/200Hz), Slope (-18/-12/-6dB), and Level (-24 to +6 dB) of the unit's subwoofer preamp output.
- High Pass Filter: The head unit features an independent High Pass Crossover Filter for the Front and Rear speakers. You can set the High Pass Filter for the front and rear speakers from 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, or 200 Hz. You can also adjust the slope of the HPF to -12, -6 or 0 dB/oct.
- Speaker Level: You can independently adjust the output level of the front and rear speakers from -24 to 0 dB.
- Mute: You can mute front and rear speaker units separately. When speakers units are muted, no sound is output from those speakers.
Position Control: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage by selecting the distance for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
Auto TA (Time Alignment) w/ Auto EQ (Equalization): The Pioneer Premier DEH-80PRS comes with a wired set-up microphone for automatic time alignment and equalization to make setting up your vehicle's car stereo system simple. The supplied microphone plugs into the front-panel 3.5mm port on the face-plate and should be placed in the center of the driver's seat headrest facing forward (stop the car in a place that is as quiet as possible, close all doors, windows, and the sun roof, and turn the engine off). The auto-time alignment is automatically adjusted for the distance between each speaker and the listening position. The auto-equalizer automatically measures the car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates the auto-equalizer curve based on that information.
Equalizer: The Equalizer lets you adjust the equalization to match your car's interior acoustics characteristics as desired. There are 5 Preset EQ curves & 2 Custom EQ curves (via a 16-band digital EQ) to choose from.
- Preset EQ: You can select from the following Preset EQ settings - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Flat, Super Bass, Custom 1, or Custom 2.
- L/R Independent 16-Band Digital EQ: The L/R Independent 16-Band Digital Equalizer (20Hz, 31.5hz, 50Hz, 80Hz, 125Hz, 200Hz, 315hz, 500Hz, 800Hz, 1.25kHz, 2kHz, 3.15kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 12.5kHz, and 20kHz) is excellent at overcoming in-vehicle frequency response peaks and troughs. With fine tuning adjustments at 2/3 octave steps, tailoring the frequency curves to generate a flat response is possible in any type of car.
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. Hear the detail, warmth, and clarity, the way the artist intended it, from all of your highly compressed MP3/WMA/AAC files stored on your USB/SD memory device, iPod/iPhone, and portable media players. By restoring data (especially higher frequencies) that tends to get lost in the digital compression process, Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever technology enhances audio reproduction nearly all the way up to 20 kHz frequencies
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume.
Digital Attenuator: When listening to a CD or other source on which the recording level is high, setting the equalizer curve level to high may result in distortion. You can switch the digital attenuator to low to reduce this distortion.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4dB to +4dB.
Bluetooth Technology: The DEH-80PRS is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 3.0 (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology that was developed as a cable replacement for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Phone Pairing: Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DEH-80PRS.
Hands-Free Communication: The DEH-80PRS supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The DEH-80PRS allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the DEH-80PRS, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
External Microphone: During your wireless phone call, you can talk into the head unit's included external microphone, and listen to the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth).
Note: The unit is not equipped with an integrated microphone. The external microphone must be installed for Bluetooth hands-free communication.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The DEH-80PRS will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, and Fast Forward/Rewind. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Song and Album title. The DEH-80PRS also supports audio streaming of music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or music player, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: The Pioneer head unit requires an optional Bluetooth firmware update (HW05-SW01.27.20) to enable Bluetooth AVRCP control and metadata display for the iPhone 5 or other Apple iOS6 device. If you do not own an iPhone 5 or iOS6 device, there is no need to install this update.
iPod Direct Connection: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS's rear-panel USB port can also be used to connect your iPod/iPhone to the head unit, via Pioneer's dock connector-to-USB cable (130CDIU50 / 130CDIU51, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable which comes with your iPod/iPhone. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. The DEH-80PRS supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible iPod/iPhone.
iPod DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The Pioneer head unit supports audio playback of music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps stored on your iPod or iPhone.
iPod Control: You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through the head unit's front-panel controls, from its clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit, you can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook (your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked). Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder.
- iPod: In iPod mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat.
- App Mode: App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, & Slacker from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include - Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next.
iPod Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information, including - Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
Note: There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to 'App Mode'. Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen. The head unit's LCD will only display the text - 'App Mode'.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 2/20/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora app||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App mode||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
MusicSphere: Pioneer's new proprietary MusicSphere technology allows you to enjoy your music in a new way by creating unique mood-based playlists via iTunes for your Apple iOS device. When installed on your Windows PC, the MusicSphere iTunes plug-in software will analyze the entire music library and create specialized playlists based on various musical attributes such as feeling (bright, energetic, gloomy, relaxing calm), rhythm pattern, beats per minute (BPM), year of the song and/or date added to the device. Additionally, through the MusicSphere, you can select preferred parameters of your music to create a "DJ Playlist".
Note: You can download MusicSphere directly to your Windows PC from the Pioneer website.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The DEH-80PRS is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting a portable audio source, such as a MP3 player. The head unit also features a rear-panel stereo RCA input for connecting a permanent audio source. The unit also includes a low-level to high-level adapter for source devices that do not have a line-level output. This adapter can only be used for the head unit's rear Aux input and you must select High level input in the menu.
Compatible Discs: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The disc slot is located behind the head unit's fold-down face plate.
SD Card Slot: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS is equipped with a hidden front-panel SD-card slot located behind the unit's fold-down detachable face plate. The head unit's face plate must be detached to access the SD card slot. The DEH-80PRS supports SD (up to 2GB) and SDHC (up to 32GB) memory cards. It also supports microSD and microSDHC memory cards with a SD-card adapter.
Dual Rear-Panel USB Ports: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS is fitted with two rear-panel USB (type-A) ports and includes one 5' USB extension cable to connect up to two USB portable audio players or USB flash memory devices. The connected USB device must be USB mass storage class compliant. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (1A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of an Android OS device.
Compressed Audio Playback: The DEH-80PRS supports playback of MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC audio files stored on CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs, as well as USB devices and SD/SDHC memory cards:
|Media Type||CD-R-RW Disc||USB Storage Device||SD/SDHC Memory Card|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, and Joliet||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||MP3 (8-320 kbps) , WMA (48-320 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), WAV (8-/16-bit)||MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (48-320 kbps), AAC (16-320 kbps), WAV (8-/16-bit)|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||99 folders, 999 files||1500 folders, 15000 files|
Song/Artist Information: The unit is compatible with CD Text and ID3/WMA/AAC Tags; and will display artist, folder, file, and album name.
File/Track Name List: The Name List feature displays a list of MP3/WMA/AAC folders and tracks on a loaded CD or connected USB/SD memory device, so you can easily access your music. The Name List will also display the list of track titles on a CD Text disc.
Repeat & Random: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS offers Repeat (disc/track/file/folder) and Random (disc/folder) playback modes.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Off Eject: When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
Installation Angle: Optimum CD playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 60-degrees.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from a RDS FM broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Pandora App: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer DEH-80PRS using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Pioneer CD-IU50/CD-IU51 iPod connector cable (sold separately) or the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS.3.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora Radio application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Pioneer DEH-80PRS will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the iPhone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS in-dash CD receiver features a manual fold-down faceplate with detachable face security. The manual fold-down face helps to prevent dust from gathering on the unit's CD mechanism. If the front panel is not detached from the head unit within five seconds of turning off the ignition, a warning tone will sound. The warning tone can be turned off in the menu, if desired. No face case is included; an optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Large Full-Dot LCD: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS features a 3-line full-dot LCD which makes it easier to see what is playing in most lighting conditions. You can easily view file/folder lists from your MP3, WMA, AAC, and CD Text-encoded discs, HD Radio presets, or data from your connected iPod/iPhone. The contrast of the display can be set between 0 and 15.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets the user match their receiver illumination to their vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 27 preset colors (White to Rose), customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red, Blue, and Green brightness levels), or scan through various color settings (All/Warm/Ambient/Calm/Custom).
Ever Scroll: When the Ever Scroll feature is set to On, recorded text information scrolls continuously on the display. It will auto-scroll up to 64 characters. Set this feature to Off if you prefer the information to scroll only once.
Multi-Language Display: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language - English, French, or Spanish.
Entertainment Displays: You can enjoy entertainment displays while listening to each sound source. You can choose from the following; Background Visual, Genre, Background Picture (1/2/3/4), Spectrum Analyzer (1/2), Level (Indicator/Meter), Simple Display, Movie Screen, or Calendar.
Calendar/Clock Display: The Pioneer DEH-80PRS provides time, date, month, and year display. You can choose to have the head unit display the calendar and clock even when the unit is powered off (your vehicle must be running or in the accessory position).
Engine Time Alert: This setting allows you to measure the length of time that elapses from when the head unit is turned on and display the amount of elapsed time per set period (15 min., 30 min., or Off). There will also be an audible alarm. This function is handy if you are listening to the radio with the vehicle's ignition in the accessory position, and the engine off.
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. You can turn the dimmer on or off. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit. You can also choose to turn the head unit's LCD and button illumination off while your music still plays.
Wireless Remote Control: The DEH-80PRS comes with an IR wireless remote control. The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause the CD, change the display, and adjust the audio. The mute button allows you to quickly lower the volume by about 90% (function that cannot be performed from the front panel). In addition, the remote provides answer/end phone controls for Bluetooth.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
45 questions already asked