About the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX
Take your iPhone® or Android™ with you anywhere
Take your iPhone® or Android™ with you anywhere
Pioneer's AViC-8200NEX is more than just their flagship navigation receiver — it's a multimedia marvel that doesn't force you to choose which phone you can travel with. It offers compatibilty with both Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™, two platforms for simplified integration of common smartphone functions through the receiver's advanced 7" capacitive touchscreen display.
Android Auto works with a simple one-cable connection between your Android phone and the AVIC-8200NEX. You'll see large icons for many common Android functions and apps on the receiver's screen, accessible via fingertip or voice control. You can pull up Google Maps, your phone's music library, messages, and apps for streaming songs (including Spotify, Pandora, and iHeartRadio) and podcasts without looking at or touching your phone. Android Auto can access your phone's contact info, allowing you to get in touch via hands-free calling or text mesaging. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
Your Android smartphone will need OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer to take advantage of Android Auto, and you'll also need a compatible microUSB cable such as the Pioneer CD-MU200 cable (or a similar microUSB-to-USB cable) to connect the phone to the receiver.
Apple CarPlay™ for convenient access
Apple CarPlay compatibility allows a Lightning™-to-USB connection to provide access to select apps on newer iPhones. Once connected, the receiver shows large icons for functions such as Maps, Phone, Messages, Music, Now Playing, and Podcasts. Several streaming apps — including Pandora® — work within the Apple CarPlay interface as well. Drivers can access these functions by touch or through Siri® voice control. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Conveniently swap Apple and Android
The AVIC-8200NEX's ready for those times when you and another driver sport different phones. It can switch between Apple CarPlay and Android Auto automatically, depending on which kind of phone is connected, so there's no need to go through menu screeens to change settings. Your passengers can see how cool these features are as they ride shotgun, even if they've got a different phone than you do.
Slick 7" screen and interface
Pioneer's multi-touch 7" capacitive touchscreen gives you control of the onscreen action with pinch-to-zoom and other simple finger movements. You can flick your way to the next screen or song instead of using arrow keys on the menu. And the motorized display lets you find the optimum angle for interaction from the driver's seat. The included remote control lets you take charge without leaving fingerprints on the screen.
Pioneer's advanced NEX interface takes full advantage of the real estate to show you all your sources and other pertinent info, not to mention its easy-to-follow maps. When you're properly connected, your smartphone's travel-friendly apps will find a good home on the display. It even offers a "Power Off" mode in the source menu for those times when you want a completely dark screen. iPhone users also get Pioneer's AppRadio mode for in-dash command of several important apps.
Guidance you can count on
Tour the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico with confidence as the AVIC-8200NEX leads the way. It's got nearly 8 million included points of interest to help you find a nearby stopping point, or you can mark your own favorite spots for future reference. Worried about traffic delays? The Pioneer delivers live traffic updates to keep you ahead of congestion. Speed limit warnings help keep you alert of sudden changes and potentially unsafe situations. For a better look at the map, you can choose the level of map zoom manually.
Even better directions
Enhanced junction views and realistic street signs offer added assurance when it's time for the next maneuver. Text-to-speech voice prompts say actual street names at turns, and you can choose a "natural voice" to guide you. This offers a more human-sounding voice to lead the way, but doesn't announce road names. You'll also have 3D representations of landmarks and buildings keeping you oriented in urban areas.
Realistic depictions of interchanges and road signs keep you on the right path.
Bluetooth® for convenient calls and streaming
Wireless Bluetooth connectivity lets you keep in contact with others from the road with hands-free calling. The included external microphone gives your conversations plenty of clarity when you're talking through your compatible phone. And the receiver will work with most phones for wireless streaming audio, thanks to its advanced Hands-Free Profile technology. You'll also get smartphone app control through your devices:
iPhone: With a separate cable, you'll get control of your Aha Radio app through the receiver's touchscreen when connected. AppRadio Mode also gives you limited control over other select apps on your iPhone, including Pandora. You even get up to six station presets on Pandora when using it through AppRadio Mode.
Android: You'll get control of your smartphone's Pandora (with station creation) and Aha Radio apps through Bluetooth, so no cable needed.
Siri® Eyes Free or Google™ Now
In addition, you can use your smartphone voice commands via SIri Eyes Free or Google Now when the receiver's paired with your phone. You can perform any number of tasks such as making phone calls, hearing and composing texts, getting directions, choosing songs and playlists, and adding reminders with your voice.
The AVIC-8200NEX offers a generous helping of A/V connections to maintain access to your media. Its HDMI input opens the receiver up to some of the newest A/V sources around — including Android phones — and the two rear USB inputs are perfect for your digital tunes, including FLAC lossless files. And of course, you can always play your shiny CDs or DVDs with music, movies, or files on them, too.
Make it movie night in your driveway
While you're parked, you can view video on DVDs or from other sources on the AVIC-8200NEX's 7" screen. You can also tap into video content on your iPod or smartphone with the help of the correct cable (not included). When you're on the road, you can play movies through a rear-seat monitor for your passengers, so they can stay entertained. Dual-zone capability lets you enjoy the radio or another audio source up front while your passengers watch their favorite movies with headphones in the back.
See things more safely with one or two cameras
You can also connect up to two cameras, so you can see more of what's near your vehicle when getting in and out of tight spots. Need to pull up your rear-view camera in a hurry? A dedicated icon in the source menu gives you instant access.
Turn it up, not out
The AVIC-8200NEX's built-in 13-band graphic equalizer, Auto EQ, and Time Alignment let you shape the sonic output to suit your tastes. Use the high- and low-pass crossover's adjustable points and slopes for further adjustments, and engage the Advanced Sound Retriever to fill in the missing "gaps" in your compressed music files to restore them to CD-like clarity.
Radio expansion options
The AVIC-8200NEX features a built-in HD Radio™ tuner which allows you to hear improved fidelity and reception from participating AM/FM stations all over. The receiver also features a connection for an optional satellite radio tuner, so you can enjoy SiriusXM's extensive programming with your subscription.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The AVIC-8200NEX offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included).
- Ford SYNC systems: you'll be able to retain voice-controlled features, steering wheel audio controls, and factory audio functions
- GM vehicles: you'll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, safety warning chimes, and OnStar
- Chrysler: you'll keep all your Uconnect functionality
- Toyota: you'll keep your factory amplifer, auxiliary and USB inputs, rear-view camera, and steering wheel audio controls
- Volkswagen: you'll retain the factory Bluetooth, the factory digital amplifier and fader, plus VW's media device interface
The iDatalink adapter also lets you tap into your vehicle's diagnostic port, so you can check out expanded functionality including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure monitor on the Pioneer's screen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with 7" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 watts peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- remote control
- plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from your flash drive
- Android Auto™ compatible
- Apple CarPlay™ compatible
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details for model compatibility)
- built-in Android control
- Pioneer CD-AH200 kit required for AppRadio Mode and viewing video content from Android devices
- Google Now voice control with compatible phones
- Pandora and Aha Radio control through iPhone and Android
- maps of United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 7.9 million points of interest
- free traffic updates in major metropolitan areas
- text-to-speech announces actual street names at turns
- natural voice guidance
- lane guidance
- speed limit warnings
- enhanced street signs and junction view
- manual map zoom
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB drives (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band graphic EQ with Easy EQ preset equalizer
- Auto EQ with Time Alignment (optional CD-MC20 mic required)
- low- and high-pass filters with adjustable crossover points
- Advanced Sound Retriever enhances compressed digital files
- Pioneer MIXTRAX technology creates nonstop mixes and adds effects to digital tracks
- dual-zone A/V output
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- inputs: HDMI input; dual rear USB inputs; 2 rear A/V inputs; dual camera inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer); composite video output
- CEA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory settings for Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, and VW
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVIC-8200NEX
What's in the box:
- Navigation receiver w/ motorized 6.95" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CD-R33)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable)
- Self-adhesive square
- 58" USB-A extension cable
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- 6.5' Stereo minijack extension cable
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
- Warranty Sheet (US/CA)
- "Important Information for the User" booklet
- "CarPlay" notice
- Online Product Registration Card
- "AVICSYNC Support" notice
- "Caution" note
- "LCD touchscreen" note
Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX reviews
I put this in my '07 Fusion. Holly cow! There is nothing that this unit cannot control, and control well! Crutchfield should offer an online course to reveal ALL that it can do ;). Having said that, it is extremely intuitive to operate and set. Beautiful capacitive big screen! It integrates extremely well with iPhone, both Bluetooth and HDMI connection (via adaptor). I haven't used Apple car play so I cannot speak for that; All my music files are FLAC. I have this unit with: Alpine PDX-4 ( JL c2's in rear doors & JL C5 components up front) and an Alpine PDX-M12 ( JL 12W7AE-3 in the trunk). The navigation is great, Sirius XM works well (with adaptor) Receiving and transmitting voice couldn't be any better. This thing will do everything my upper mid range home theatre receiver will do.
0 of 0 found this helpful
This thing is awesome. Syncs easily to my iPhone. Easy to use and search. It's like an extension of my phone with radio functions. I still have yet to use it to its full potential but will given more time with it.
Pros: Too many to list them all.
0 of 0 found this helpful
works better than expected
Pros: Still learning about the product
Cons: So far nothing
0 of 0 found this helpful
What can I say. It does what they said. Installation was easy.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Outstand unit...great sound with good power.
Pros: superb sound
0 of 0 found this helpful
This radio does it all, and probably a little more. I have enjoyed getting it going in my 01 Acura, and it has breathed new life into an old car. Cars really haven't changed all that much since 2001, aside from the infotainment and of course the gas mileage. With this stereo installed, it feels like my car is ten years newer. One downside is that in my car, the radio is set at a spot down by the shifter, which was OK back in the day because the radio did not have a huge distracting screen. Nowadays, manufacturers generally put the radio up closer to eye level for safety. I have had to concentrate on not looking at the radio for too long because when I'm looking at it my eyes are completely off the road. Thankfully, it has a handy feature where you can actually tilt the screen from the bottom so it it more in line with your line of sight if it's mounted low. The integrated navigation system has nifty and very handy graphical representations of major junctions and the signs, and even presents a 3D representation of the downtown area of cities, right down to accurate color pictures of the buildings. My big gripe and the reason I had to give four stars is the total failure of the "AVIClink" app to work. It fails to connect with the unit either by wire or BT. This means no connected navigation features. Most users have this issue, according to the app reviews. This means no traffic (except for the inferior FM radio traffic) and no map updates. Quite disappointing.
Pros: Big, clear screen Every feature known to man The small buttons sit on a weird little shelf No mute button that I've found yet
Cons: AVIC link is a total failure that will not connect to the unit Expensive
0 of 0 found this helpful
Don't have the unit operational yet
Pros: Not sure yet
Cons: I can't get the Bluetooth ASPECT of this unit to work properly I called the install help line who were very helpful but they thought it could have a bad microphone but they didn't have a new one to send me either so for now not so great
0 of 1 found this helpful
Great product, features are much more functional than I expected. I previously had a Kenwood in-dash navi unit, and the Pioneer blows it away. Plus, the Kenwood died after 3-1/2 years, so I wasn't eager to try them again. The Pioneer has incredible sound, even with my factory speakers in a 2011 Subaru. The only minor complaint I have is that sun glare sometimes makes the screen difficult to see. As for installation, fairly straight forward, only had one or two hiccups along the way, primarily with the ASWC1 steering wheel controls. The ASWC manufacturer installation instructions had me hook up a wire that caused a conflict with the Pioneer unit which made it go haywire. One call to the folks at Crutchfield Tech Support and they indeed verified that the mfg instructions were wrong (they had the correct info in their systems), and 20 minutes later I was back in business. Other problem was with the wiring harness, but it was my own fault, again the guys at Crutchfield had me fixed up in five minutes. No issues since. This is why I keep coming back to Crutchfield!
Pros: Great functionality
Cons: Conflict with the ASWC1 instructions, not Pioneer's fault.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Very happy with this head unit. The menus are easy to navigate thru. Apple Car Play feature is seamless hands free operation. The GPS feature is great, and up to date.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Just learning. So far so good. Note push buttons some time hard to engage. Hope its just newness
0 of 0 found this helpful
All great except Android connection.
Cons: Connectivity for Android
0 of 2 found this helpful
I absolutely love this unit! Until you actually operate it in person, you can't appreciate the capacitive touchscreen. I installed this unit in a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab and even though Crutchfield says it doesn't fit, it does with minor modifications. The stock radio chassis has a plastic support bracket that must be cut (I used an dremel) to allow for the Pioneer wiring harness and enlarged chassis. I paired this unit with the idatalink maestro kit and I was able to retain and customize every steering wheel control, access all my gauges (RPM, fuel capacity, transmission temperature, etc.), as well as retain the door chime with the supplied speaker. Android auto (Note 4 user) works well, but you must use the stock usb cable or an equivalent data cable (Anker cables seem to work). The navigation works flawlessly even with the nav antenna mounted inside the truck on the dash. The only bad thing about this unit when paired with the idatalink harness is the insane amount of wiring you need to tuck away in the dash. As an experienced installer, this unit took me every bit of 3 hours to install from start to finish, including making all connections with heat shrinked butt connectors.
Pros: Capacitive Touchscreen Navigation Idatalink
Cons: Pricey Installation may be difficult if paired with idatalink
0 of 0 found this helpful
This is rated as one of the top decks available and it does not disappoint. The display is stellar, the navigation system is excellent, and Android Auto performs flawlessly. This updated my wife's Highlander from a basic system to state of the art. It blows away the stock system in my Odyssey, so I am now extremely jealous. The installation kit provided the necessary wiring to plug into the existing system and mounting plastic to cover the left and right of the deck as it is slightly smaller than the factory deck. Now my wife wants me to get another one for our RV. There was one area where Crutchfield failed me though. The navigation requires hooking into the speed sensor, backup sensor, and parking brake. No information where to find these was supplied, so I had to go online to find the information. That should be included in the installation instructions.
Pros: Excellent navigation, Android Auto, Bluetooth, all perform beautifully.
Cons: Incomplete installation instructions.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Installed this in an 07 Odyssey. I got the steering wheel control package to go with it. Wiring harness was extremely easy to wire up to the unit, with all wires color coded perfectly matched to the head unit. The most time consuming part was routing the microphone, GPS antenna, aux in, HDMI in, and USB throughout the dashboard. Steering wheel controls work perfectly. Radio reception is incredible compared to the factory unit. CarPlay works beautifully. Integrated GPS works great too. Absolutely no complaints about this unit. The sound is a huge improvement over factory. Great channel separation. Highs sparkle, and the lows are stronger. I'm still using factory speakers, but with the 8200NEX, they sound brand new.
Pros: Great sound, capacitive display, ease of installation, tons of useful features like CarPlay, GPS, DVD, and HD Radio
0 of 0 found this helpful
I upgraded from the Avic 140BH, that I had for 5 years. My main reason for upgrading was needing to feel safer playing music. We moved to a place where satellite radio doesn't come in. I have a Samsung phone, and play music through downloaded Amazon music. The old unit was great, but it did not integrate with android phones, it is mainly an iPhone unit. So, I ordered this head unit, hoping I could figure out how to install it. All I had to do was follow the wires with the existing harness and the new unit. In my case, I already had integrated steering controls and they continued to work with the new head unit. So within a few hours, would have been less but it took awhile to feed all the wires (extra USB and HDMI) through my minivan so they came out in the shelf below (where previous installers had them). I have to go back in and finish install with wire crimps and the new Sirius receiver (maybe, just maybe I can get it to come in better... free for 3 months was to good to pass up if it works). I can push the speak button, or just say "OK google" and while it is playing my Amazon music from the display, I can say "navigate to" and get directions or option to call the place! While doing all this, it then reads my text to me and let's me answer them with voice commamds. All without taking my eyes off the road!! I loved my other unit, but this goes above and beyond!!
0 of 1 found this helpful
First off this Pioneer unit beats the heck out of the JBL unit I discarded from my Toyota Venza. The touchscreen on the JBL dropped down 1/4" on one side. I tried to push it back up and then used a small screwdriver to get it the rest of the way up. Well, I managed to crack the screen. The Toyota dealer would not repair it under warranty but was willing to charge me to have it repaired. I told them I would only pay for a replacement upgrade and not pay to have a hunk of junk repaired. The Pioneer navigation is much easier to use. I especially like the 3D view as opposed to the 2D, flat map view. The radio and audio is equal to or better than the JBL. One feature I liked on the JBL was the ability to send and receive Text, SMS, messages while driving. The Pioneer does not have it built in, but you can connect your smart phone, mine is Android, through a USB cable. Then download the Android Auto app. This allows voice commands through your smart phone and will read u any text messages you receive while driving. You can also reply to a text by voice. It won't allow you to type a message while driving. I installed the Pioneer myself. It was not easy! I felt the documentation supplied by Crutchfield was lacking. I ended up with several of the wiring adapters left over. I don't know if they are needed. The Pioneer works as promised, but I would not recommend doing it yourself unless you have extensive automotive and electronic experience. 1 problem backup camera is intermittent.
Pros: Easy to use navigation. Good audio. I love being able to read my tire pressures and OBD codes.
Cons: Backup camera is intermittent. Screen difficult to see because of sun glare. But, it's due to the shape of my dash and windshield. A magazine laid on the dash to provide shade cures it.
0 of 0 found this helpful
This item is great, a serious media warehouse. Many options at once with this interface. I do like the custom screen saver option as well as the sd card usage. The music output is really good and will probably upgrade speakers next as the oem speakers cannot keep up with this system... a true beast and worth buy.
Pros: Independent GPS Inputs for numerous options, a very compatible device All Screen, nice touch on metal brushed control panel with color changing illumination to match your vehicle.
Cons: Could use a tilt forward option, does have a down tilt option but only from standard position Would be nice if it had a communicative AI but that's asking a lot
1 of 1 found this helpful
Better then expected Love it. Easy to install, no problems at all
Pros: Easy to install
0 of 0 found this helpful
Still getting used to this new addition to my motorhome. I upgraded the software which turned out to be a bit of a task. Make sure you put in your exact model number and then search for the software. Installation was not difficult. The unit will not work without the "switched" power being present. So, I installed a physical switch to allow me to use the unit while the motorhome is parked and turned off. I do not think you can save routes in the GPS. It would be handy to be able to save routes and recall them. Perhaps this could be accomplished using a SD card. For my use the remote is very useful. I can mute the unit from across the room. I have not used the GPS yet.
0 of 0 found this helpful
I replace a kenwood dnn990hd for this radio an I'm amaze with all the functions of this radio. The navigation functions does more then any Garmin navigation device I have every used. I love that this radio has both CarPlay and android function because I used both of these smartphones. I couldn't ask for anything else in a radio.
1 of 2 found this helpful
Awesome headunit ????
0 of 1 found this helpful
Awesome product! Everything works smooth as can be. Only problem I had was updating the map,Not a pioneer issue. Naviextras toolbox needs some upgrades?, had same problems updating my Harley. Crutchfield knocked it out of the park with the install kit, everything fit perfect and integrated perfectly with the vehicle!
Pros: Everything about this unit is built with quality. Looks very sharp. Screen is very easy to read in the daylight, and not too bright at night.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Worth every penny!
0 of 1 found this helpful
Very good product. Easy to use and the install was pretty straight forward. I used the online chat to help pick my products and the staff was helpful and very friendly. The best thing I like about the pioneer 8200nex is the screen. It is iPhone similar and not a "sticky" or "plastic feel" like other touchscreen double din nav receivers. One con about the pioneer 8200nex is I feel the processor can sometimes lag. It's not a deterrent but plugging my IPhone into the reciever sometimes has a couple second lag. It could just be Apple car play becoming active on my phone that takes a couple seconds. Overall I've very happy with my purchase and Crutchfield's service and advice!
4 of 5 found this helpful
Great product with massive functionality (still learning it all). I've owned an Avic D-2 for the last 10+ years in my 2005 GMC Sierra Crew-cab, a compination which I loved, but this is a huge improvement. I was able to install this using the same steering wheel control (SWI-PS), door chime, and faceplate I've been using with the D-2. The sound out of this, married with Polk composites in the front doors and polk midrange speakers in the rear doors is amazing (thanks for the Polk recommendation). Only two things bother me about this new system...1. The Avic D-2 allowed "tracking", which allowed me to drop a popcorn trail of where I'd been (helpful for tracking my way back out of areas not on the map). 2. Upgrading the map was not cleary spelled out in the user's manual (eventually figured it out and all is fine). Even taking those things into account this is an awesome unit that is well-worth the money.
9 of 9 found this helpful
Enjoying the new stereo so far. Had a little bit of an issue figuring how to hook up the adapter I bought to keep my steering wheel controls but I was able to. Those instructions weren't very good but the stereo instructions were excellent. Still learning how to use all the features though.
Pros: Lots of features
Cons: Almost too many features
1 of 1 found this helpful
Product worked for one day and then completely locked up. Had to do a hard reset for the unit to work. If this is any indication of the quality if this unit I must say I am more than concerned. Other than that the unit is packed with features and makes life on the road a lot easier being able to reply to messages well listening to my favorite tunes. Time will tell if the unit will give me any more problems. Only had the unit installed for 2 days so far so we are only at a 50% success rate.
Pros: Nice looking unit that is full of awesome features.
Cons: Unit has already locked up for a day after only being installed for 2 days.
3 of 3 found this helpful
Okay, so this head unit is full of features... Apple Carplay, Android auto, GPS, DVD player, HD Radio and Bluetooth connectivity. All work seamlessly. I listen to a lot of music through my iPhone via iTunes... I was extremely disappointed with the sound quality of the Pioneer. My original factory head unit sound was amazing compared to this unit!. So I thought no way would the flagship head unit of Pioneer would be inferior to my original factory head unit. The Pioneer head unit has an overwhelming amount of adjustments for sound to include a 13 band equalizer. It will drive you crazy to adjust the crossover, sound delay, speaker height and the equalizer. I began my research utilizing the internet especially Youtube and found an abundance of videos on the Pioneer head unit. I found that Pioneer makes a microphone specifically for adjusting the sound quality to your specific environment... Unfortunately it is not included with the head unit. THIS IS A MUST HAVE!! After purchasing this microphone separately, I went on Youtube and found directions on how to use it (directions not included with microphone). So now! what a difference!!! Night and day... The Pioneer absolutely blew away my beloved factory unit. I cannot tell you how amazing the sound is... If you already have this head unit, do yourself a favor and get that little microphone. It is very easy to setup and you'll be amazed with the sound.
Pros: Too many to list!
Cons: Sound adjustment microphone not included.
10 of 10 found this helpful
I would say that I should have installed an aftermarket radio a long time ago, but many years ago the technology was likely not what it was today either. My factory radio in my '02 F-250 the CD portion of it went bad many years ago but I just never wanted to change out the radio. I had a standalone GPS unit so aside from the limited music when traveling it wasn't every a really big deal. Several years ago after purchasing a newer Mustang with in-dash GPS and a line in jack so I could listen to my iPod music I thought originally this was what I wanted for the truck, but the more I read reviews on sound quality I was turned off by it then started looking at in-dash replacements that just gave me some simple functions and by the time I decided on which one there I wasn't far off from purchasing one with GPS and all the bells and whistles built in and eventually just pulled the trigger and purchased Pioneer's flagship unit for my truck and couldn't be happier. The sound was the first thing that I noticed. Even with the factory speakers, the sound coming from them now is night and day different from the factory head unit. Next is the bluetooth connection for the phone. I called my friends and family and they couldn't believe i was talking through my radio. They said it was clearer than talking through the phone. And now I use Siri all the time in the truck to do everything with the phone so it's totally hands free and I love it. I highly recommend this unit or one from this series
9 of 10 found this helpful
Love,love this product, you guys are AWESOME!!
0 of 1 found this helpful
So far so good. Very fast start up. Great sound. Wonderful support from Crutchfield.
1 of 1 found this helpful
First off, this deck fits a 2009 Suburban Z71 with stock Bose and navigation despite Crutchfield's search parameters stating it won't fit. It wasn't easy to get it in straight, but it looks great now. Amazing sound with the stock Bose equipment. The bass is deep and the multiple EQ allow you to make it your own. The navigation took a road trip to get used to, but it is way better than any Garmin I have used, plus lane assist, 3-D images etc. Capacitive touch screen is especially nice. All the extras make driving with the family pleasant again. The ability to listen to music up front while the kids are watching a movie in back is priceless! (Our suburban has wireless headphones that link with the rear monitor, otherwise they would have to watch the video and hear our music. Pioneer needs to find a fix for this and every person with kids would buy this deck for road trips or long commutes) Easy to bypass the front video display lock so passengers can watch video while driving, if it's not illegal to do so. No grounding the parking break line. Thanks youtube. Haven't tried Android auto since we use waze for traffic and police information and it is a hassle to link with the 2 cable system. No comments on iPhone info. Wish I would have installed this in my other vehicles. Buy it!
Pros: Dual zone output Amazing Sound Great Navigation Plays the kids DVDs
Cons: Pricey No dual zone sound output, need headphones that link to separate monitor to hear movies No WAZE! :(
2 of 2 found this helpful
The 8200 is Pioneer's the top of the line navigation/back-up camera, CD Player, Sirius/AM/FM Radio, available. Along with the install kit and the Sirius adapter, installation was simple and straight forward with absolutely no problems. I installed my unit in my old 2004 Chevy SSR and appearance wise, you couldn't ask for a nicer looking radio and Perfect fit - my car was made for this radio! The only issue is that even though there is a remote, you still get finger prints on the radio face itself - I guess that's the nature of the beast!
Pros: More options than you can ever use...pretty simple to program & operqate
Cons: None - can't find Anything that would need improvement!
0 of 1 found this helpful
I bought the 4100 nex few years ago my. Girlfriend wanted a radio in my car so i.bought the 8200 nex for my. Car for the.navigation and.capactive touchscreen and put the 4100.nex in.her car i was stuck.between the nex8200 and kenwood dnx893s after reading the reviews in the dnx893s i decide to.stick to.what works the pionerr nex8200 ive had . kenwood in the.past yes garmin is nice. But there more to.a radio.then 1 thing
Pros: Navigation is smooth good interface
Cons: It would be.nice if pioneer Included calbration mic with the radio for the price there asking
0 of 4 found this helpful
Outstanding on all fronts, even my entire collection on the SD card in flac format sounds fantastic. Thoroughly impressed with the GPS system, so much easier to use and follow than the Garmin & Tom-Tom I have had.
Pros: Nav, SD
Cons: None yet
1 of 1 found this helpful
Absolutely love it, big upgrade from my factory radio in my f150. The wiring is a little daunting and would recommend if you don't have much experience to have a professional do it, even with all the hardware included. But great radio, no complaints yet. Great bang for the buck. Great addition.
Pros: Great look, no complaints yet.
Cons: Install is a little confusing.
0 of 0 found this helpful
The Pioneer AVIC 8200nex delivers what it promised. Pairing the cell phone took one minute. You should check the Pioneerelectronics.com website for firmware updated for the radio and the Bluetooth. Follow the directions carefully and it will work. You can also add a custom background picture which gives the radio personal touch. One complaint, I wish that there were a way to customize the number of icons on the screens. There are so many icons on the display; you cannot really see the background picture. You can save custom screen configurations for colors the themes, but not the number of things on the screen.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Awesome sound! The GPS works flawlessly.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Excellent overall performance from this unit. Controls are easy to access and understand and the interface to my vehicle was perfect. Also very easy to install with the Crutchfield supplied adapter kit. No lag when using the touch screen and the Navigation is smooth and very readable.
Pros: Very well thought out unit!!
Cons: Takes a little longer than I'd like to boot up.
1 of 2 found this helpful
The stereo works great. The features are easy to navigate. I had a Kenwood before and I'm pleased with it
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great head unit, tied into alpine r speakers and shorty r sub with kicker amps, this thing rocks in my Jeep Wrangler jku
3 of 4 found this helpful
This unit is AWESOME !!!!! Very easy to operate and is loaded with great features. Worth every penny !!!!!!
Pros: Easy. Install in my 2016 ram pickup . Nothing to complain about here. You get what you pay for
1 of 1 found this helpful
Actually I give it a 4.5 but the civet is that there seems to be no sub woofer increase setting. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Using Android Auto with out a hitch, Pandora. (Worth the extra amount to get the yearly sub and have no commercials.) Have used its GPS and android Auto = Google maps. No problem. HD radio sounds assume. Replaced all the speakers and added a sub too. Installed in a 2017 Nissan Frontier crew cab.
Pros: Seems oddly totally intuitive.
Cons: Nothing yet, except would of liked a sub woofer "loudness" adjustment. had another AV style only and it had that, this one if it has it I have not found it.
1 of 1 found this helpful
An awesome unit!! I've never had Pioneer before but I'm def sticking with it! Great great great buy. Brings my Tundra to the next level.
2 of 2 found this helpful
This is a great unit gives you everything you want in a head unit
2 of 3 found this helpful
I spent quite a bit of time researching and comparing this unit to other GPS navigation head units from Alpine. We chose to add the SiriusXM tuner and are using every source, including USB and SDHC memory cards. Simply said: It's a great choice and I'm thrilled with the features, the easy-to-use interface and the sound! I chose a custom image for the background, the Marine Corps Eagle, Globe and Anchor (because I earned the title). You'll love the customization too. I added a Brandmotion backup camera with license plate mount for my Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab and I don't have to stress about parking lots any more! This head unit does it all! I used the Crutchfield master sheet instructions to guide the installation and am very satisfied with the overall quality. The steering wheel controls work well with the unit and It was nice knowing that Crutchfield technical support was available if I needed it. Definitely a 10 out of 10 purchase, very satisfied with the experience!
Pros: Great sound, fully featured, every source available!
Cons: None yet...glad I waited for Crutchfield to lower the price!
11 of 11 found this helpful
It is an Awesome Product and I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to spend there money in it, it literally is everything you need and want in a car and everything is extremely customizable, awesome product 10 out of 10 !
Pros: Customizable, Easy to Learn, Simple Set Up, Has All necessities that you need for music and movies and so on
Cons: None that I have came across
0 of 2 found this helpful
the best head unit i have bought so far works very well love all the features and speaker options the auto calibrate with mic works very well love the xm radio and the high def radio love the dvd system can play custom made dvds with just music on them not much more you can ask for the gps works very well way better them my old tom tom and garmin gps systems very accurate on the speed and love the vehicle features cant fault the price i pay the 1500 dollars for it back when it first came out was worth every penny
Pros: eq system changeable colors so many different features for customizing sound and speaker and subs inputs and outputs video is great connectability to in vehicle dvd systems
Cons: non so far
3 of 3 found this helpful
Great touchscreen head unit. Installed it in my Jeep JK and it works great with the iDatalink Maestro and the Jeeps connectivity group buttons. Only problems I am having is with the auto connect feature for Bluetooth to my phone, but not a huge issue.
2 of 2 found this helpful
Glad I made the purchase. It has everything I was looking for in a head unit.
1 of 2 found this helpful
Amazing value for the discounted price
Pros: Value package for price
Cons: Nothing thus far
1 of 2 found this helpful
Outstanding product. Easy to operate and the ap carplay the best.
Pros: The built and quality outstanding. Easy to operate, the nav is very accurate love the ap carplay. The screen looks and feels like my iphone. Pooneer you've done it again
1 of 2 found this helpful
1 of 2 found this helpful
I had the AVIC-8200nex with satellite radio, and kenwood CMOS backup camera installed professionally in my 2003 F150 King Ranch Super Crew. I would recommend having no it professionally installed; from speaking with my installer (whom turned out to be a friend of the family, so I trust his advice), these trucks need the plastic "burl wood" surround trimmed for double DIN stereos with a folding faceplate. When done professionally, you'll hardly notice, and if you really want, you can hydro coat it and wouldn't ever know, but I'm pretty picky, and you can't tell unless you really look for it, so I'm good. Now about the stereo...it's awesome! The Lund is 10x better than before, don't think I need anymore bass (I.e. Subwoofer), but if/when these speakers give up the ghost, I may add a small one then. With this u it you can adjust the crossover (front and back), and individually adjust each speaker gain and time lapse. I've got more control over my sound than I've ever had on a car stereo. The apple play works great, but only when plugged into the phone, it doesn't work over Bluetooth with my IPhone 5s. The hands free with Siri is awesome, just speak what you want to listen to or where you want to go. I did a lot of research for the stereo I wanted. Price didn't matter on this one... Capacitive screen, Garmin gps, free traffic updates, Apple and android capatible, etc..this unit fit the bill, and rated the top GPS unit for 2016. You can't go wrong with this unit.
Pros: Everything works as advertised Sounds great User friendly display and menu
Cons: By a HD cable if you have it installed Cannot find out how to get weather on my screen, but only had it for a few days now Cannot update maps with a Mac PC
4 of 6 found this helpful
This is a great unit. it works great and is easy to use. The screen brightness & clarity is just perfect during day or night. The sound is so much better than most units I've Installed before.
Pros: Easy to install and I kept the steering wheel control functionality.
Cons: None yet.
2 of 3 found this helpful
Great product and great service from Crutchfield. Navigation,bluetooth,and radio/dvd player that work smoothly.
Pros: EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT
5 of 7 found this helpful
The 8200 is excellent, the brightness & clarity of the screen, the sound quality, and the functionality are great. Had issue connecting Android Auto to my Samsung S7, but with Crutchfield Support (Thanks for the help & patience) we managed to get it working. I'm glad I purchased from Crutchfield, their knowledge & support is outstanding. Note, big selling point is Waze App is soon to be released for Android Auto.
Pros: Aftermarket unit with functionality that exceeds latest oem units. Tech support outstanding with Crutchfield.
Cons: Wish Android Auto would connect through bluetooth
9 of 10 found this helpful
Truly awesome. Coming from an AVIC 850BT, to the Avic 8200NEX is like going 10 years in time forward! If you've used any Avic beforehand, this unit will be easy for you to program.
Pros: Loaded full of features, beautiful looking screen, lots of aux in's and outs...works well with IPOD and Android phones.
6 of 8 found this helpful
I love this!
2 of 7 found this helpful
The AVIC-8200NEX does it all,great unit.
Pros: Easy install,sounds great.
6 of 12 found this helpful
Pretty darn good, if not excellent. Maybe the best HU NAV unit on the market today. Pioneer has got it right with their "NEX" user interface, I haven't seen one any better, and I've owned several HU & a few Alpine NAV units. The absolute best screen, one that you can actually read in direct sunlight, temp-touch sensitive (just like an iPhone). Super clear and sharp graphics, and the sound......wow! A huge step up from my old Alpine INE-W957HD. NAV is very smooth, not jittery & jumpy, nice layout of main buttons on lower front panel. As expected, works wonderful with an iPhone for music. Now.....if I had to complain, it would be about the Apple Car Play feature. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice user friendly feature, but let's face it, it's got some flaws. Sometimes it can wreak havoc on the HU itself, but unless you have to have it, you can turn the Apple Car Play function off. Siri is nice for the messaging (not that I condone that while driving) but you better have a very quiet vehicle, because interior and/or road noise will confuse Siri. Apple Car Play is designed to be used with a newer iPhone, but with iOS10 & subsequent/future iOS updates, nothing can be completely perfect. I use an Apple 2M USB to lighting cord to connect my iPhone I did read a review where someone had a similar issue using the supplied Pioneer USB extension. I might try a standard 1M length Apple cord & see if there's any difference. Aside from that, I'm still overall very happy with this NAV
Pros: Clear & vivid screen, Sound quality, lots of features, NEX user interface
Cons: Apple Car Play may cause a malfunction or two sometimes
22 of 22 found this helpful
Everything works great the only thing that I have a problem with is , when you are using navigation and you get a phone call you are loosing the map.
29 of 30 found this helpful
This unit is great so far. There is so many features. I've only had it for a couple of weeks and still finding new things. The SD card is read instantly. You can use a bigger card than 32gb SD card even though the description and manual says you can't. You just have to format it in NTFS. I have a 64gb card in it now. You can also mirror your Samsung Note 7, S7, S7 Edge screen to the deck using a Microsoft wireless hdmi adaptor and the smart view feature on the phone (Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc..). The navigation works great. Sound is good. I bought the optional microphone and had the unit tune the time delay, sound by itself.
Pros: Many, many, many features. Pretty much plays anything and everything. Software reads SD card slot, USB 2 drives very quickly.
Cons: $$$Price$$$ you pay for all this technology
22 of 22 found this helpful
Nice, nice, nice. Functions are easy, features are numerous and the sound is kick-ass.
Pros: Easy to use and to set up. Sounds fantastic.
Cons: All I want to do is listen to it!
7 of 13 found this helpful
This radio is awesome very happy about it installation was easy everything looks great and sounds great I'm very happy
5 of 11 found this helpful
I have nothing negative to say about this receiver. Great features once you figure out how to use it all.
5 of 11 found this helpful
Pros: By no means am I an expert . Had the unit installed by professional installer along with a sun shade along fort windshield 6". I was concerned about the sun glare given the capacitive screen in conjunction with the angle of the dash however this has not been an issue at all. Love the unit, very clean look, great sound
14 of 16 found this helpful
Absolutely amazing is all there is to say! I enjoy having the touchscreen.
Pros: Does anything & everything
Cons: None as of yet
10 of 20 found this helpful
Great radio took about an hour and a half. Navigation easy to follow with the on screen display.
Pros: Easy installation. touch screen is easy to navigate.
12 of 18 found this helpful
Nice radio. Not sure of the real benefit of the swipe screen? You may want to think twice before buying the newest model. I think that is the only real upgrade?
Pros: Easy install. Easy to navigate
Cons: The Apple Car Play does not seem to work if you need to extend the length of USB with more than one extension. For example. I tried to use a PAC USBCBL 6' USB Cable Extension w/ bracket with a 6' USB extension (2 USB cords plus apple lightening cord). Apple Car play would not work with the 6' USB extension in line.
35 of 46 found this helpful
More details on the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear),RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||HDMI (rear), Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Touchscreen & Remote Control
CarPlay & Android Auto
AppRadio + AppRadioLive
iPod/iPhone Music Playback
Audio & DSP Section
AV + OEM Connectivity
Motorized 6.95" Capacitive LCD Touchscreen: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX features a 6.95" (16:9) capacitive LCD touchscreen monitor with a resolution of 800 x 480 (RGB); for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The capacitive LCD touchscreen is highly responsive, powerful, and very intuitive for exceptional control. The capacitive touchscreen offers multi-touch gestures like pinch-to-zoom, plus simple swipe & scroll controls; similar to your smartphone's touchscreen interface. From the touchscreen you'll not only be able to control the head unit, but also a paired Bluetooth device, or a connected component such as your iPod/iPhone or Android smartphone. Menus will appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The unit's touchscreen display is motorized; it electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs. The angle of the motorized touchscreen display can also be adjusted to five different positions to meet your viewing needs in the car.
- Favorites: You can register the desired menu items on the AVIC-8200NEX's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 12 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
- OSD + Backgrounds: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background display can be selected from 8 different preset displays for the AV Operation screen and 5 different preset displays for the Top Menu screen. In addition, you can change the background display to other images imported from an external USB device.
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video - Full (4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only; enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions), Zoom (4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen), Normal (4:3 picture is displayed as it is).
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video source and rear-view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
- Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Note: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
Start-Up Time: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX will turn on to the last source selected or the navigation screen. The unit has a start-up time of approximately 14.1 seconds from OFF to the last Source selected, or a start-up of approximately 37.3 seconds from OFF to the Navigation screen.
Variable Illumination: The AVIC-8200NEX offers custom illumination for the front-panel controls so you can match your vehicle's interior, plus MIXTRAX Illumination for DJ-style illumination in your vehicle.
- Front-Panel Control w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
- MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. Choose among multiple patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes.
Remote Control: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX receiver comes with an IR wireless remote control, plus support for factory steering wheel control (adapter sold separately).
- IR Remote: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX includes an IR remote control (CD-R33) for wireless operation of the multimedia head unit and your connected devices.
- SWC Input: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
HERE Navigation: The AVIC-8200NEX offers a comprehensive map database from HERE covering the entire United States (including Alaska & Hawaii), Canada, and Puerto Rico enabling users to route to millions of destinations; including 7.9 Million points of interest (POIs). The map database is stored on the head unit's built in 8GB flash memory.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: Customers are eligible to update to the latest available map database free of charge during the first 45 days of operation (from the unit's first receipt of an active GPS signal). To update the map database, visit the Naviextras website to download the Naviextras Toolbox on your computer (requires Windows XP or newer; not compatible with Mac) and USB thumbdrive.
GPS Technology: The AVIC-8200NEX accurately measures your current location by the Global Positioning System, a network of satellites orbiting the earth to give you time and position information. The accuracy of the GPS information depends upon how good the reception is. The unit features a built-in GPS receiver and comes with a GPS antenna. The AVIC-8200NEX also utilizes a speed sensing cable for better accuracy of your vehicle's movement; this wire should always be connected to your vehicle's speed detection circuit.
Note: The navigation receiver took approximately 13.7 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Los Angeles California. It only took 12.1 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Baltimore, Maryland. These tests were done inside the Crutchfield Lab of the Crutchfield Headquarters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
Real-Time Traffic Updates: Partnering with Clear Channel Broadcasting's Total Traffic Network, the built-in traffic tuner provides real-time traffic data for over 90 major cities in North America, including US and Canada. Check your commute route in advance or re-route to your destination to avoid traffic congestion. There is no subscription cost and no annoying on-screen advertisements.
- Road segments affected by traffic incidents are displayed with an alternate color on the map and small symbols above the road show the nature of the incident.
- When traffic information that may affect your route is received, this system will warn you that it is recalculating the route and navigation will continue with a new route that is optimal considering the most up-to-date traffic conditions.
On-Screen Map: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. It will show map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways, buildings, and towns. Your route is marked with a green line, while your vehicle is indicated by a red arrow on the screen, and checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel the AVIC-8200NEX guides to your destination with arrows on the map and directions at the top of the screen. The map screen will also indicate the distance to your next maneuver. During your calculated route, distance to your final destination, timed need to reach the final destination, and estimated arrival time are all displayed on-screen. You can adjust the following map settings.
- 2D/3D Map Modes (w/ Landmarks): The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) or 3D (three-dimensional) view. 2D View displays a normal two-dimensional map with North or your direction at the top of map screen. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color. In 3D mode, your direction is at the top of the map screen and you can see the altitude and elevations differences. You can distinguish between valleys, mountains, and elevated roads. In selected cities 3D landmarks and 3D buildings are also displayed on the map, so you can better distinguish the surroundings around you.
- Color Mode: You can switch between daytime and nighttime color modes or let the head unit's software switch between the two mode automatically a few minutes before sunrise and a few minutes after sunset.
Note: The on-screen map offers Smart Zoom. When you approach a turn, the map will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you.
Lane Guidance & Signposts: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX's navigation map offers helpful lane information and signpost guidance, along with exit service.
- Lane Guidance: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Realistic Signposts: Where additional information is available, realistic signposts & road signs substitute arrows. Replications of actual highway signs are displayed at the top of the map further improving driver orientation and navigation.
- Enhanced Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Realistic signposts & roadsides can also be present, if information is available.
- Exit Services: While navigation a route, you can find gas, food, lodging, and restrooms near upcoming exits along major highways and freeways.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Audible Alerts: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance (Text-to-Speech w/ Landmarks): In addition to graphical on-screen directions and maps, the AVIC-8200NEX provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions with landmark identification. You can choose a male or female voice in English, French, or Spanish. Some of the voices are capable of text-to-speech, announcing the street names along with the turn directions and identification of landmarks. You can adjust the the voice guidance volume independently from the head unit's main volume.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The AVIC-8200NEX provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Note: The unit will mute the audio of the other sources during navigation voice-prompts.
Where Am I? & Destination Search: The Where Am I? screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs and emergency assistance nearby. The Destination Search menu offers search tools to find your destination and play your route.
- Browse Map: Select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.
- Address: Input your destination address by house number, street, and city (or county).
- POIs: Search over 7.9 million POIs (points-of interest) by name, near you current location, near your destination, or around a city.
- Favorites (including Home & Work): You can save your favorite addresses and POIs for quicker access the next time you are traveling. You can also save your Home and Work address in your favorites.
- History & Smart History: The places that you have set as destinations in the past are automatically stored for easier access. Smart History suggest these previously used locations as destinations based on your navigation habits, using parameters like the current time of day, the day of week, and the current location.
- Combined Search: You can enter search keywords to find addresses, favorite places, recent destination, and POIs.
- Coordinates: Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.
Note: Your vehicle must be stopped and the parking brake will need to be engaged to enable certain navigation functions; such as Address search and Coordinates.
Route Calculation: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Truck, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit should
use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Economical: combines the benefits of Fast and Short; calculates as if it were calculating the Fast route, but it takes other roads as well to save fuel
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Detours/Alternatives/Auto Reroute: You can select "Route Alternative" to see the turn-list and map screen of four routes (Fastest/Shortest/Economical/Easy) with the selected route planning parameters, giving you the option to select which route to take. You can also choose to Detour around the road ahead, avoid a specific road, or around a section of the route. If you depart from the original route, the navigation system recalculates the route and provides new directions.
Route Planner + Itinerary w/ Route Simulation: The Route Planner feature lets you built your route using the list of destinations you have chosen. You can modify the list as you like (adding or removing a destination (waypoint), changing a final destination, or setting a new starting position. The Itinerary page displays turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route and the distance between turns. You can preview all the route information and simulate travel along a projected route.
Monitors: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX provides a Trip Monitor that contains useful information about your trip and a Fuel Consumption Monitor that helps keep track of fuel mileage.
- Trip Monitor: The Trip Monitor contains useful information about your trip. This information can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes; Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
- Fuel Consumption Monitor: The Fuel Consumption Monitor helps you keep track of the fuel consumption of your car even if you do not use the navigation system for all your journeys. Set the initial odometer value and then record the distance driven and the amount of fuel whenever you fill up your car. You can also se reminders for regular car maintenance. The Fuel Consumption Monitor's calculations are based only on the information that you provide and not on any data from the vehicle. The fuel mileage displayed is only a reference value and does not guarantee that the fuel mileage displayed can be obtained.
AVICSYNC App: Pioneer's AVICSYNC app provides the ability to access free & subscription-based services, from the application on your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 6.0+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (OS 4.0+), using the touchscreen display of the navigation receiver in the dash. With a connected smartphone, users can experience a simplified interface for accessing live traffic updates, local POI searches, weather, local gas prices and parking availability and prices.
- Free Services: Free services & features of the AVICSYNC
app include -
- Pedestrian Mode: After disconnecting the smartphone from the navigation receiver, the smartphone app will tell you how to walk to your destination from the car.
- Find Your Parked Car: The smartphone app records the last coordinates at which it was connected to the receiver as the car was being driven, which is useful in case you forgot where you parked your car.
- Data Synchronization: Data synchronization keeps navigation-related data such as planned routes, history, favorites, and saved routes in sync between the smartphone and the receiver, each time they are connected.
- In-App Purchases: You can purchase an online service
package through the in-app shop to expand navigation functionality.
- Search with HERE: Using the Online Search feature, search for the latest online information based on the HERE database for local points of interests.
- Custom Weather: For convenient traveling, check on weather, temperature and wind conditions forecasted at your destination and along the route from the touchscreen display of the receiver.
- Traffic by TomTom: Live traffic information with broad road coverage from Traffic by TomTom provides real-time traffic for faster route planning.
- Fuel Prices from OPIS: This feature shows the available gas station locations around your current position and along the route to your destination and provides information on fuel pricing and distance to fuel stations from your current location.
- Parkopedia: Searching for parking using the Online Parking feature makes it easy to locate available parking from your current position. Additional details such as pricing and availability are provided where available.
Apple CarPlay: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX features Apple CarPlay, the smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in the car. The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX supports Apple CarPlay through your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning connector. Your iPhone can be connected to the NEX-series head unit's USB-1 port via the included USB extension cable and a Lightning-to-USB cable. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use Maps, listen to music, and access messages through Siri voice control and the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen controls.
- Maps: Apple CarPlay brings the power and simplicity of Apple Maps to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars.
- Phone & Messages: Via Apple CarPlay, you'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Pioneer head receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Through Apple CarPlay, you can access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Apple continues to add more apps to CarPlay. Current supported apps include (fees may apply) -
Android Auto: The Pioneer NEX receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the NEX receiver's USB-2 port via the included USB extension cable and a microUSB-to-USB cable, plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into simple on-screen "card-style" pop-ups that appear just when they're needed. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include:
- Google Speech Technology: The Pioneer NEX receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google's Speech Technology using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the on-screen "mic" icon to activate Google Speech.
- Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology.
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Pioneer NEX receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Pioneer receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, & Tune-In. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo.
Note: Android smartphones with a USB Type-C connector (including the Pixel) may not function without appropriate USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable. Click here for more details.
Data Plan Required: Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi for CarPlay and Android Auto to function. Access to CarPlay and Android Auto's online app services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. App services may not be available in all regions.
Smartphone Charging: The Pioneer Receiver's USB connection provides 1.6A of current to power and charge your connected iPhone or Android smartphone during CarPlay or Android Auto. Your vehicle's ignition switch must be set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your mobile device has no initial battery charge, then the head unit will not recognize it.
Optional USB Extension Cable: If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Pioneer's CD-MU200 cable (130CDMU200, sold separately).
- For Apple Car Play: For Car Play, you will only use the CD-MU200's 58" USB extension cable and not the included 19" micro-to-USB cable. The 19" micro-to-USB cable can be used for Android Auto, if you also have an Android OS device. Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay or Android Auto to malfunction.
- For Android Auto: If you need a USB extension cable, use Pioneer's CD-MU200 cable. Any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
AppRadio & AppRadioLive Compatibility: The AVIC-8200NEX supports Pioneer's AppRadio & AppRadioLive applications through your compatible Apple iPhone (iOS 7.0+) with Lightning connector or MHL-enabled Android smartphone (OS 4.0+). See below for compatibility and what type of cables are needed.
- Apple iOS Compatibility: Use Apple's Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter, a Lightning-to-USB cable, and a HDMI cable (all sold separately) to connect your iPhone with Lightning connector (iOS 7.0+) to the AVIC-8200NEX's rear-panel USB-1 port and HDMI input. Your iPhone will also require Bluetooth pairing with the Pioneer receiver.
- Android Compatibility: You will need a MHL adapter box,
microUSB-to-HDMI cable, and a microUSB-to-USB cable (all sold separately) to
connect your compatible MHL-enabled Android smartphone (OS 4.0+) to the
AVIC-8200NEX's rear-panel USB-2 port and HDMI input. Click
here for compatible Android devices. The Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5 and
Samsung Note II/II/IV also require an additional Samsung adapter (sold
- The Samsung MHL adapter (EPL-FU10BEBSTD, not sold at Crutchfield) is also needed for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note II.
- The Samsung HDMI adapter (EPL-3FHUBEGSTD, not sold at Crutchfield) is also needed for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note III.
- The Samsung MHL 2.0 adapter (ET-H10FAUWESTA, not sold at Crutchfield) is also needed for the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note IV.
Note: Your iPhone or Android phone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. Access to these online AppRadio app services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. AppRadio apps may not be available in all regions.
AppRadio Mode: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX supports Pioneer's AppRadio mode application for iPhone (iOS 7.0+) with Lightning Connector and select MHL-enabled Android smartphones (OS 4.0+). AppRadio offers full on-screen access and control of your smartphone's music, navigation, calendar, contacts, and more with an intuitive interface; formatted and designed specifically for safer in-vehicle operation. Pioneer has also teamed up with various app providers to offer compatibility with many of today's most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an expanding catalog of compatible apps for future use that can be easily & seamlessly added. The AppRadio app for iPhone & Android consists of a variety of navigation, music, & utility apps. These integrated application are displayed on the AVIC-8200NEX's LCD touchscreen. You are able to select, view, and even control many of the apps from the Pioneer receiver. Available apps within AppRadio will depend on your type of smartphone (iPhone or Android) and your region.
- Navigation: The following navigation apps can be
utilized within AppRadio. Purchase and Subscription fees may apply for some
- Apple & Google Maps: You can view your iPhone or Android smartphone's Apple or Google maps on the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen as you would on your mobile device.
- Waze: Waze, for iPhone & Android, is a social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers. When you download Waze, you not only get a free GPS traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time and gas, and improve everyone's daily commute.
- INRIX Traffic: INRIX (for iPhone) is a leading provider of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal navigation. INRIX Traffic provides real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways, interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will be displayed on the AppRadio, while control is still handled from the iPhone.
- iGO Primo North America: The IGO Primo app (for iPhone) app is powered by the same tried-and-trusted iGO Engine used in millions of GPS navigation devices around the world. The maps are part of the application so there are no roaming fees (no need for cellular network coverage). Highlighted features include; fast, short, easy-to-follow, and green routes, automatic route recalculation, multipoint-route support, smart keyboard & history, TTS Pro, in-app shop, local/POI search, and more.
- Navmii GPS USA: Navmii GPS USA is a free navigation app (for iPhone & Android) that offers turn-by-turn directions, voice and on-screen instructions, offline map use, address search and live search via Google or Microsoft Bing. It uses map data created by a community of thousands of user around the world. The map gets downloaded to the phone, so a data connection is not required.
- Driver Assistant: In addition to navigation apps,
AppRadio offers Driver Assistant apps to help with parking, communication,
and vehicle diagnostic. Purchase and Subscription fees may apply for some
- DashCommand: DashCommand (for iPhone & Android) utilizes the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors in your phone to provide advanced features such as the skid pad, race track, and inclinometer. A separate OBD-II interface module (sold separately) is required.
- Extra Mile: Extra Mile (for iPhone & Android) is an all-in-one app for convenient voice navigation gives audio feedback to improve your driving performance and conserve fuel.
- Beej!: Beej! (for iPhone) is an in-vehicle location/navigation application. Beej! quickly identifies your position and allows you to select the nearest bank, bar, gas station, hospital, hotel, restaurant and more. Beej! provides a complete list of all the businesses in the category selected, including the distance from your current location and address, with options to get directions or place a call to the selected business.
- Parkopedia: Parkopedia (for iPhone) has grown to cover over 25 million parking spaces in 28 countries around the world thanks to contributions from other drivers. Use this app to find parking using your current location or by entering an address. Get directions straight to the space and see parking space availability in real-time (where available). Find opening hours, up to date prices, payment methods and more. You can quickly narrow down parking choices using filters such as free, credit cards accepted, covered, etc.
- TPMS: The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) app (for iPhone and Android) automatically monitors pressures and temperatures of tires in real-time. It immediately alerts drivers when there is an abnormal tire pressure through voice alerts and flashing lights.
- Glympse: Glympse (for Android) is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose. When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter, and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device.
- Saving Fuel: Saving Fuel (for iPhone) monitors your acceleration, braking cornering, and idling to gather an overall score for each trip. It scores your driving behavior and car health, as well a give you tips to help you drive safely.
- Music: AppRadio mode
gives you access to music stored on your smartphone device and from various
online music services. Purchase and Subscription fees may apply for
- CarMediaPlayer: The CarMediaPlayer app (for iPhone & Android) allows you to swipe and directly touch the desired artist, song, or album in your Android device's music library directly from the Pioneer touchscreen with Alphabet Search and Album View functions. Stored movies and videos can also be accessed through the CarMediaPlayer. Video can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- iHeartAuto Radio: The iHeartAuto Radio app (for iPhone & Android) app offers safe, easy, free access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from across the country. Plus, in the same app you can create custom stations based on your favorite artists or songs. With the top live radio stations in America and more than 15 million songs in our catalog, iHeartAuto features more music, backed by better music programming, than any other service available.
- Mixtrax: Pioneer's proprietary Mixtrax app (for iPhone & Android) analyzes the music in your iTunes library to create custom playlists for non-stop song mixes with added DJ effects.
- 7digital: The 7digital app (for Android) is a leading digital music provider which sells high quality MP3s across 32 countries worldwide. With over 20 million tracks in store, you're sure to find what you're looking for. With this app you can Sync your 7digital music from the cloud to your phone wirelessly, play music that is already stored on your device, and browse top album and track charts, new releases and recommendations right on the screen of this Pioneer navigation receiver.
- StreamS HiFi Radio: The StreamS HiFi Radio app (for iPhone) provides access to more than 4,000 live Internet radio stations from across the globe delivered in AAC/HE-AACv1/HE-AACv2 at 32kbps for high fidelity listening.
- gMusic: The Google Music app (for iPhone) allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device. gMusic offers full playlist editing, thumbs up playlist, metadata editing, and innovative navigation.
- Stezza: The Stezza app (for iPhone) has big buttons for big fingers. Featuring a modern design, playing music has never been safer when driving. Multiple color themes for the fashion conscious, all the usual controls, podcasts, and iTunes Match supported.
- Utility: AppRadio mode
offers additional helpful apps along your commute. Purchase and
Subscription fees may apply for some applications.
- Contacts & Calendar: Access your contacts on your iPhone or Android phone from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen. You can also access your smartphone's calendar; view important events and reminders.
- Photos: View photos stored on your iPhone or Android device. Access albums and camera rolls and even view a slideshow.
- CarBrowser: The CarBrowser app (for iPhone) allows you to search and navigate the internet directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Commute WX: The Commute WX app (for iPhone) provides real-time weather information (current/forecast/in-route). Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that's well suited for in-vehicle travel.
- Top Headlines: The Top Headlines app (for iPhone) is an audible news app which lets you listen to the most recent new updates from multiple sources.
- EC Touch: The EasyCar app (for iPhone) is designed specifically for AppRadio and provides large icons, simple commands, and swipe gestures that enable you to access your iPhone's music, contacts, mapping, and more.
- Voice Directory: The Voice Directory app (for Android) is a hands-free app that uses voice to search Yellow Pages' business listings in the US and call the phone number directly. Use voice to search for a business near you or by city and state, to search by business name or business type, or to call the business directly.
- CarKeyboard: The CarKeyboard app (for Android) allows you to input text directly from the 6.95" touchscreen display of the Pioneer head unit. CarKeyboard is a customizable multi-language keyboard that works in conjunction with the AppRadio app and can also be used as the default keyboard on your Android device.
Note: Click here to view complete list of compatible AppRadio apps.
AppRadioLive: Within the AppRadio App mode is the AppRadioLive App for iPhone (iOS 7.0+) with Lightning connector and select MHL-enabled Android (OS 4.2+) smartphones. The AppRadioLive app simplifies AppRadio mode and your drive by combining the information you need during your commute into a single, easy-to-use interface. Maps, media, news information, and your events calendar are within reach within a smooth and intuitive interface on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Maps: The AppRadioLive app uses the native maps from your Apple or Android smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews. The AppRadioLive map feature also allows destinations to b exported directly into any of the user's favorite AppRadio compatible navigation apps; such as iGO Primo (iPhone only), Navfree (iPhone only), and Waze to obtain route and voice guidance.
- Media: AppRadioLive also lets you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone. And, you can access over 25 millions songs from your Rdio account (iPhone only). Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- Events: AppRadioLive lets you stay up to date on the latest news with the help of Feedly and text-to-speech technology. You can check the weather for your current location, home, work, or destination. With text-to-speech technology, the Pioneer receiver will even read you the latest news stories from the internet.
- Calendar: The AppRadioLive app lets you stay organized by accessing your smartphone's calendar and Facebook events in a single, simple interface. With multiple viewing options within its sleek, simple user interface, you can access your smartphone and Facebook calendars in one place, RSVP to Facebook events and use EventSeeker to find nearby concerts and events based on your personal interests and location.
Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR: The AVIC-8200NEX is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (3.0+EDR), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing) w/ Dual Phone Connection: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVIC-8200NEX without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Once a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices (2 phones/1 audio player) can be paired to this head unit. You are even able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled smartphones connected at the same time, so you can switch between phones from the head unit's touchscreen, without having to connect or re-connect devices.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The PioneerAVIC-8200NEX supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the AVIC-8200NEX provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The AVIC-8200NEX allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming phone call, the head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call.
- Making A Call: The AVIC-8200NEX offers a variety of ways
to make call using the in-dash receiver.
- Direct Dialing: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dialing: You can store up to six phone numbers as presets for quicker dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book (up to 800 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing (Siri & Google Voice): When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen controls and external microphone. It also supports Google Voice for select Android smartphones (not compatible with Samsung "S Voice"). You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the touchscreen monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
- Advanced Music Navigation: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the AVIC-8200NEX lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will also display your stored music's and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support).
Siri Eyes-Free Functionality: When paired and connected to an iPhone (iOS 6.1+) with Siri via Bluetooth, the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone for Siri Eyes-Free functionality. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone Siri functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's audio is muted while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
Note: The head unit's touchscreen monitor will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
iPhone Music Playback w/ DAC Bypass: If you don't desire CarPlay, AppRadio, or AppRadioLive, the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX also supports music only playback from your Lightning or 30-pin connector iPod/iPhone device through the receiver's USB-1 port (requires a Lightning-to-USB cable or dock-to-USB cable). Your iPod/iPhone's music library to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 96dB. The AVIC-8200NEX will playback stored music and music apps on your compatible iPod/iPhone device, provide touchscreen control, and song/artist information display.
Music Control: From the head unit's touchscreen, you can search your iPod/iPhone's audio content by Radio, Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder.
Note: Older iPod/iPhone device's will be locked during connection, but newer Apple devices (iOS 6.0+) will stay unlocked so you can also control the iPod/iPhone from its touchscreen and access apps.
Apple Music Radio: You'll have access to Apple Music Radio from your USB-connected iPhone through the Pioneer navigation receiver. Listen for free to Beats 1, an innovative radio station hosted by the world's best artists and DJs. With an Apple Music Radio subscription, you can explore a wide range of curated radio stations, as well as create stations around your favorite songs or artists. Playback control from the head unit's touchscreen is only offered for Apple Music Radio paid subscribers.
Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The Pioneer receiver supports song/artist information and album art. The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art.
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.6A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 2/20/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay|| AppRadio |
|Pandora||Song/Artist||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX using your USB, Bluetooth, or HDMI+Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, as well as your Bluetooth or HDMI+Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information; as well as Album art.
- Station List + Presets: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically. You can also store six Pandora Radio preset stations for even easier recall.
- New Stations: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing.
- Shuffle: You can also listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
SiriusXM 3.0 Ready: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply activate a SiriusXM Radio subscription (fees will apply) and connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated port on the rear of the receiver for playback and control of satellite radio. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Channel/Category Lists + Song/Artist/Album Info: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD touchscreen. You also get station logo identification and album art on
- Category Scan + Instant Replay: During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time. The SiriusXM Instant Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to.
- SmartFavorite Presets + Featured Favorites: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets with special tuning features such as TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix (see below). Featured Favorites are groups of channels that are created by the SiriusXM Programming department allowing to discover new channels. Featured Favorite channels are dynamic and can change often, allowing you to discover new channels.
- TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix: TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your SmartFavorite music channels stored on the current band of presets. TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of SmartFavorite presets. TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from music channels stored in the current SmartFavorite preset band.
- Traffic, Weather, & Sports: You can tune in and listen quickly to information pertaining to weather and traffic from a particular city you have specified. You can also be alerted when your favorite sports teams are playing so you can tune to the appropriate station quickly.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone (connected to your head unit via USB). The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
HD Radio: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Supertuner IIID: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- Station Text/Album Art + RDS: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The head unit also supports Album Art from select HD Radio stations. For analog FM stations, the Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as song/artist information when listening to compatible RDS FM stations.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
- Reception Blending: If a digital broadcast reception condition gets poor, this unit automatically switches to the analog broadcast of the same frequency level. If this function is set to "On", the tuner switches between digital broadcast and analog broadcast automatically. If this function is 'Off', reception will be conducted within an analog broadcast.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest analog or HD stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from a HD Radio or RDS FM broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to www.hdradio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Compatible Discs: The 6.95" touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs. The AVIC-8200NEX supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs with music, video, and photo files.
Dual USB Ports: The unit's two rear-panel USB (type-A) ports and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device, such as USB thumbdrive or portable digital music player. The USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (1.6A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
SD Card Slot: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX features a hidden SD card slot (located behind the motorized touchscreen monitor) which will accept SD (up to 2GB) and SDHC (up to 32GB) memory cards for playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc, USB device, or SD memory card.
|Media Type||Disc: CD (-R/RW), DVD (-R/-RW/-R DL)||Flash Memory: USB MSC, SD/SDHC|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, UDF||FAT 16/32 or NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3: 8-320kbps bit
rate; 16-48kHz sampling rates
8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates |
WMA: 5-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
AAC: 8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
WAV: 8-/16-bit rate; 16-44.1kHz sampling rates
FLAC: 24-bit rate; 192kHz sampling rates
Video Files: MPEG 1/2/4, DivX |
Max Resolution: 720 x 1280 (MPEG), 720 x 576 (DivX)
Max Frame Rate: 30 fps
Max File Size: 4GB
Video Files: AVI, ASF, FLV, F4V, MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, VOB,
Max Resolution: 720 x 480
Max Frame Rate: 30 fps
Max File Size: 4GB
|Photo||N/A||JPEG: max resolution of 8192 x 7680|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files|| |
700 folders/999 files (700 folders/3,500 files for DVD)
|1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0,/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags|
Note: Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Advanced Playback & Search Functions (for USB & SD/SDHC): Advance playback functions include; Music Browsing which lets you browse your USB & SD/SDHC memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre from the head unit in alphabetical order; and Link Search which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
Direct DVD Search: During DVD playback, you can go directly to a specific Title or Chapter by entering the number using the unit's touchscreen numeric keypad.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVIC-8200NEX.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX is equipped with a 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for superb quality audio playback from disc, USB, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Bluetooth.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the AVIC-8200NEX are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+6 to -24).
Crossovers: The AVIC-8200NEX employs high pass and low pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speakers.
- HPF: The head unit's variable 6/12/18db per octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, or 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features a 6, 12, or 18dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, or 200Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's rear-panel AUX 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source (AM, Pandora, iPod, Apps) to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
MIXTRAX: MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a nonstop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and our passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to those in the car. MIXTRAX takes the music from a USB-connected iPod/iPhone or USB MSC device and plays it back with added transitions and effects, creating a virtual DJ inside the Pioneer receiver.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in AppRadio or AppRadioLive mode, with the Pandora App, for CarPlay or Android Auto, and with Bluetooth sources.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation; this can be turned On or Off.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console.
HDMI Input: In addition to AppRadio & AppRadiLive modes for iPhone and Android, the head unit's HDMI input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output; such as a TV tuner, Blu-ray player, or game system. The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged to view video on the receiver's screen. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device (not the Pioneer head unit).
AV Output (w/ Dual Zone): The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output AV signals to an optional monitor and headphone system. You can simultaneously enjoy the same or different sources in the front and rear of your vehicle. The unit's dual zone AV output can be set to Mirror, DVD/CD, AV, USB-1/iPod, SD, or Off. The Mirror mode simply outputs the same audio/video signal (not including HDM, CarPlay, or Android Auto) which is playing on the head unit's touchscreen monitor to your connected rear monitor/headphone system.
Note: USB/iPod 1 and SD cannot be selected for playback in the rear of the vehicle when CarPlay or Android Auto is active.
Rear-View Camera Input: The AVIC-8200NEX is equipped with a composite video rear-view camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC8, sold separately). When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. Additional rear-view camera features include:
- Parking Assist Guidelines: The unit also provides four on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up and parking your vehicle.
- Trailer Towing: You can even select for the rear-view camera to stay on at all times, so you can keep an eye on the trailer you are towing.
- Second Camera: In addition, you can turn the unit's AV input into a second camera input for adding a front camera (sold separately).
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
iDatalink Serial Port: This Pioneer navigation receiver is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Pioneer receiver to work with select Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system, select GM vehicles with factory OnStar, select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles with U-Connect, select Volkswagens with factory digital amplifier, select Toyota/Scion vehicles, and select Fiat vehicles.
- Retained Features: The Pioneer navigation receiver lets you retains select factory functions (retained features will vary by vehicle via the iDatalink Maestro RR. Retained proprietary factory systems can include Ford Sync, GM OnStar, and Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep U-Connect. Other retained factory features may include Steering Wheel Controls, Aux Input, USB Port, Hands-Free Bluetooth, Voice Commands, Satellite Radio, Secondary Display, and more.
- Extra Features: In some installations, the iDatalink Maestro RR let you configure the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen monitor to operate interior climate controls and provides extra visual data; such as User Selectable Gauges, Vehicle Info (Tire Pressure/Battery Voltage/Check Engine Codes/Door Ajar Warning), and Visual Park Assist. These extra features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Pioneer receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
35 questions already asked