About the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT
Exercise your freedom of speech
Exercise your freedom of speech
Pioneer's AVIC-Z120BT navigation receiver gives you a beautiful 7" touchscreen display, but you won't need to take your eyes off the road to touch it while you're driving — just tell it what you want to do, or where you want to go with spoken commands. The AVIC-Z120BT's ingenious Voice Control system lets you set navigation destinations, choose music, or make hands-free calls from a compatible phone simply through the power of your voice.
The AVIC-Z120BT guides you with detailed maps of Canada and the entire U.S., stored on built-in flash memory so you won't have to insert a disc when you need directions. You can find the services you need from over 12 million points of interest, while brand icons help you find the right gas station or fast food spot. The system's text-to-speech function announces street names as you go, so you'll always know you're making the correct turn.
The navigator recognizes voice commands for address searches and points-of-interest category selection, so you'll spend less time punching buttons to get into the menus. Got an iPhone®? Pioneer has an app that lets you find a location with your iPhone, then transfer it to the AVIC-Z120BT for turn-by-turn directions. Search for "AVIC feeds" in the iTunes app store.
Hands-free phoning with voice control
Make hands-free calls easily with your compatible phone using the receiver's built-in Bluetooth® capability. Pioneer's voice-recognition software understands your casual request to make a phone call, prompting you for additional information when required.
The receiver's Bluetooth also supports A2DP, for wireless streaming of music from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the receiver.
Bring Pandora® Internet radio on the road
Pandora is great — you create your own stations online based on your favorite artists, albums, songs, or genre. Pandora then uses a unique algorithm to suggest new artists and songs, which you then give a "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down." Over time, your stations swell with the kinds of tunes you're looking for. Download Pioneer's free Pandora app, hook up your iPhone to the receiver with Pioneer's optional iPod cable, and you can use the AVIC-Z120BT's beautiful screen to tap your way through your Pandora stations.
Voice control for your iPod®
Plug your iPod into the optional Pioneer CD-IU50V adapter and you can also use voice commands to search for music by artist, album, genre, and playlist. Song info and album art appear on the screen, giving you the information you want, while offering easy control through the touchscreen.
More ways to play your tunes
The AVIC-Z120BT covers the bases with your other media too. It plays CDs and DVDs, including discs burned with MP3, WMA, and AAC files. Flash media is covered with the USB input and SD card slot. You can use them for MP3, WMA, and AAC files, as well as Windows Media Video (WMV) files and MPEG4 videos.
Pioneer's Eco Drive analyzes your driving habits and projects your effect on the environment. You'll see results right on the screen, and even get an "Eco Score," which you can improve through adopting more fuel-efficient driving habits. The AVIC-Z120BT analyzes your driving every 30 seconds, then updates your score every 5 minutes. As your score goes up, your fuel consumption goes down — and you'll pocket the savings.
Sound quality is superb, with a strong built-in amp and a 24-bit digital-to-analog converter that delivers smooth, natural sound. For sound tweaking, explore the possibilities of the 7-band graphic equalizer, frequency filters, and 3-level loudness control.
Video and other entertainment options
Check out your video DVDs on the receiver's screen when you're parked, or connect a rear-seat video screen so your passengers can enjoy the show while you drive. You can also plug in an optional rear-view camera for extra safety when backing up in tight spaces.
Connect audio sources through the USB input, SD card slot, or audio/video inputs. Tap into the variety of SIRIUS/XM radio with a satellite radio tuner, or add Pioneer's HD Radio tuner to enjoy the crystal-clear sound and extra programming from participating stations.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility with this receiver may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check Hands-on Research for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Information provided by Pioneer
Note: Pandora is currently only available in the United States.
- navigation receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in navigation capability with map coverage of Canada and the entire U.S., plus over 12 million points-of-interest
- voice control of navigation address and POI searches
- 7" motorized touchscreen
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- voice control of Bluetooth and music searches
- works with Pioneer's free Pandora app for iPhone
- plays MP3/WMA/AAC files recorded on DVD or CD discs, USB, and SD cards
- plays WMV, MPEG4, and H.264 files on USB/SD
- 24-bit digital-to-analog audio converter
- high- and low-pass filters
- 7-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- 6-level bass boost
- built-in iPod control Pioneer's optional adapter required for viewing video content
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling
- compatible with satellite radio and Pioneer HD Radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, SD card slot, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer), A/V output
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN CD/DVD/Navigation receiver with integrated 6.95" LCD monitor (10A mini-blade fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- AV/Preamp connector harness
- 6.75' USB/AV cable (with a USB type-A connector and AV 3.5mm connector on one end and a proprietary multi-pin connector on other end)
- GPS antenna with attached 16.25' cable
- Self-adhesive ground plane sheet (2.375" square)
- 8 Pan-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 8 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Microphone with 13' cable (right-angle 2.5mm sub-mini plug)
- Sun-visor clip
- 3M tape
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM (Eng/Fre)
- Installation Manual (Eng/ Fre)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty information (US/Canada)
- On-line product registration information
- "Important Information for the User" booklet (Eng/Fre)
- "Pandora/iPhone" note
Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT
Features & specs
|Audio/video Input||1 Composite video|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB Memory, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double DIN" or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets.
Note: As always, please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
6.95" Motorized TFT LCD Touchscreen Color Display: The AVIC-Z120BT features a motorized 6.95" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 wide screen touch-screen display with an LED backlight. The resolution of the display is 800 x 480 for a total of 384,000 pixels. The touch panel allows you to control this unit or a connected component such as an iPod, USB device, Bluetooth enabled device, or a Satellite Radio and HD Radio tuner. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The motorized LCD touchscreen display electronically slides-down to insert and eject discs and SD memory cards. You can adjust the motorized display's angle (5-steps) to suit your viewing needs.
Note: The motorized touchscreen display is not removable.
Video Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for each source and the optional rear view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video:
- Full: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only, enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions.
- Zoom: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen.
- Cinema: A picture is enlarged by the same proportion as Full or Zoom in the horizontal direction and by an intermediate proportion between Full and Zoom in the vertical direction.
- Normal: A 4:3 picture is displayed as it is.
Screen Off: By turning off the backlight of the LCD screen, you can turn off the integrated monitor without turning off the unit's audio output.
Front-Panel Controls With Adjustable Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to white, green, blue, purple, yellow, orange, red or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color using the unit's three primary colors (red, green, blue) and a 0 to 31 color-level adjustment.
Shortcut Menu: You can register your favorite menu items in the headunit's Shortcut Menu so you can quickly jump to your favorite menu items. Up to 15 menu items can be registered.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged.
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The orange/white illumination wire must be connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit in order for this feature to work.
Anti-Theft Function: You can set a password for the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT to deter theft. If the back-up lead is cut after the password is set, the navigation system prompts for the password at the time of next boot up.
Flash Memory Navigation: The AVIC-Z120BT offers a comprehensive map database from Tele Atlas stored on its built-in 4GB flash-memory which covers the entire United States, Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii; enabling you to route to millions of destinations, including more than 12 million points of interest (POIs).
Positioning Technology: The AVIC-Z120BT accurately measures your current location by the Global Positioning System, a network of satellites orbiting the earth to give you time and position information. The accuracy of the GPS information depends upon how good the reception is. The unit has a 32-channel GPS receiver with a magnetic antenna included. The AVIC-Z120BT also features a speed sensing cable for better accuracy of your vehicle's movement.
2D/3D Map: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT allows you to view a detailed city map on its integrated monitor in 2D or 3D (with 3D landmarks). You can choose to orient the map in one of two ways; show North at the top of the screen, or show the direction in which you are heading at the top. You can also select between brightness modes - Day (for a bright background), Night (for a black background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two). Most of the information provided by the navigation system can be seen on the onscreen map.
Voice Guidance/Text to Speech: In addition to graphical on-screen directions and maps, the AVIC-Z120BT provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can choose a male or female voice in English, French, or Spanish. Some of the voices are capable of text-to-speech, announcing the street names along with the turn directions.
Lane Guidance: In certain locations of a freeway, lane information is available, indicating the recommended lane to be in to easily maneuver the next instruction.
Destination Search: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT's built-in navigation system allows you to search for your destination by Address (City/Street/House #), POI (points-of-interest), Favorites (up to 400 locations), Recent History (up to 100 locations), and Coordinates (latitude/longitude). The unit also supports destination searches using voice recognition. In addition, you can select a point on the map to be your destination by simply touching the screen.
Note: The parking brake must be engaged to operate all, but some of the simplest touchscreen navigation functions. Destination history and some local POI functions are still available without the parking brake. Voice recognition can be used while driving (without parking brake engaged.
Route Calculation: The AVIC-Z120BT calculates the route based on your preferences. You can have the navigation system calculate your route based on the following selections.
- Route Method: You can choose from different route types (Fast or Shortest).
- Road Types: To let the route fit your needs, you can also set which road types (Main Road, Ferry, Freeway, Toll Road) are to be considered for or to be excluded from the route if possible.
- Time Restrictions: This setting control whether streets or bridges that have traffic restrictions during a certain time should be taken into account.
- Learning Route: The system learns the travel history of your vehicle for each road. You can choose whether or not this travel history should be taken into account.
Itinerary: The Itinerary is a detailed list of the route events or driving instructions.
Waypoints: During an active route, you can insert additional waypoints (intermediate destinations) preceding the destination. You can insert up to 5 waypoints. Every time a new point is added, the route is recalculated automatically and you can start navigating right away.
Eco-Driving Function: This navigation system is equipped with an Eco-driving function that can be used to estimate whether you are driving in an environmentally friendly way.
- Echo Graph: This function estimates approximate fuel mileage based on your driving, compares that with your average fuel mileage in the past, and displays the results in a graph. The ECO Graph feature provides a view in addition to 2D and 3D, which divides the map view screen with a new graph to provide drivers with a visual representation of their environmental impact.
- Gas Mileage: You can estimate the fuel cost to your destination by entering in approximate fuel price per gallon.
- Eco Drive Level Guidance: This navigation is equipped with the
Eco Drive Level function that estimates how well you have driven in an
environmentally friendly way based on your Eco Score. When a route is set,
the unit will calculate a Drive Score based on driving efficiency which
factors abrupt stops and accelerations and idle time. Your Eco Score is
calculated from the following:
- Speed: indicates the speed detected (this indication may be different from actual speed of vehicle)
- Acceleration/Deceleration: indicates acceleration or deceleration velocity of your vehicle
- Distance: indicates driving distance
- Incline: indicates the degree of slope of the street that you are currently on
- Sudden Start Alert: If the speed of the vehicle exceeds 25.5 mph within 5 seconds from the time it is started, a message appears and a warning sound beeps.
Note: The fuel mileage calculated is based on a theoretical value determined from vehicle speed and position information from the navigation system. The fuel mileage displayed is only a reference value, and does not guarantee the mileage displayed can be obtained.
Travel History: The Track Logger feature enables you to record your driving (travel) history to the unit's built-in flash memory or an inserted SD card.
Route Simulation: A simulation drives you through the route, following the driving instructions.
Auto Reroute: If you deviate from the set route, the system will recalculate the route from that point so that you remain on track to your destination.
AVIC Feeds: Through Pioneer's proprietary AVIC FEEDS PC software, the unit can estimate the fuel cost of trip routes as well as the vehicle's CO2 emissions through detailed Drive Reports. Through a proprietary fuel consumption algorithm, AVIC FEEDS can also log and archive driving data and analyze driving habits to generate various reports with suggestions to improve fuel efficiency. You can also create custom Points of Interest (POIs) by using the AVIC Feeds utility program. Once created, you can store the POI on an external storage device, such as a SD card, and upload the information to the unit.
Note: AVIC Feeds available on the Pioneer website (pioneerelectronics.com).
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVIC-Z120BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Voice Recognition: The Pioneer navigation system uses voice recognition technology, allowing you to use voice commands to operate many of its functions. The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT offers specific voice commands for Navigation, DVD/CD, USB, SD, iPod/iPhone, Bluetooth Phone, and other connected AV sources. Voice commands our recognized by the unit through its external microphone.
EEQ (Easy EQ): there are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2.
7-Band Graphic EQ: The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the headunit's 7-band graphic equalizer (50Hz, 125H, 315Hz, 800Hz, 2kHz, 5kHz, 12.5kHz).
Simulated Sound Stage: You can select the desired effect from various sound stages, such as Music Studio, Dynamic Theater, Living Room, or Actor's Stage. You can also adjust a listener positioning effect (Center, Left, Right).
Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6.
Sound Retriever: The Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Sound Retriever effect.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Three 4-Volt Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT is equipped with three 4-Volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front and rear speakers are fading with high-pass crossover filters, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter.
- Front and Rear Preamp Outputs: If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the front or rear speaker preamp outputs (or speaker outputs), you can turn on the 12dB/octave High Pass Filter. The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers.
- Subwoofer Output: The unit has a pair of dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level. When the subwoofer output is turned on, you can select the frequency of the 18dB/octave low pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
Rear Channel Speaker Output: You can choose to use the rear channel output (speaker and preout) for full-range speaker or subwoofer. If you select "subwoofer", you can connect a 4-ohm subwoofer directly to each rear speaker lead, or a 2-ohm subwoofer to one of the rear speaker leads, without using an external amplifier.
Telephone Mute/Attenuator: Sound from your system is muted or attenuated automatically when a phone signal is received when you have hardwired your mobile phone system to the mute wire of this unit.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Satellite Radio Ready: You can connect and control an external satellite radio tuner from XM or SIRIUS. The head unit is compatible with the GEX-P920XM (130P920XM, sold separately) Pioneer XM receiver. For Sirius there are two options; connect the SC-C1 SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle tuner and the CD-SB10 Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (700SIRPION, sold separately), or use the Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (130CDSB10, sold separately) and the SIRIUS dock-and-play adapter (607SCVDOC1, sold separately) along with a compatible portable SIRIUS radio. A subscription to XM or Sirius, plus the proper antenna is required in order to receive satellite radio programming. The satellite radio tuners connect via the IP-Bus connector on the back of the head unit.
HD Radio Ready: This unit is compatible with the optional Pioneer GEX-P20HD HD Radio tuner (130GEXP20H, sold separately) allowing you to tune available HD Radio stations. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. The add-on HD Radio tuner also supports iTunes Tagging which allows you to save song information (tag) from an HD Radio broadcasting station to your connected iPod or iPhone. The saved songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. The optional HD Radio tuner connects through the headunit's IP-BUS interface.
Note: Right now there are about 2,000 radio stations broadcasting using digital HD Radio technology in the U.S. To find HD Radio stations in your area, visit the HD Radio website (HDRadio.com).
Multimedia Compatibility: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT features a disc slot and SD-card slot behind its motorized touchscreen display, and a USB 2.0 Full-Speed port (using included 6.75' proprietary cable). The headunit offers the following media compatibility.
|Media Type||CD-R-RW||DVD-R/-RW/-R DL||USB Storage Device||SD/SDHC Memory Card (up to 16GB)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, |
Romeo, and Joliet
|ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, and UDF 1.02||FAT16/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||MP3, WMA, AAC, DivX||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, AVI, WMV, MPEG-4|
|Maximum # of Folders||700||300|
|Maximum # of Files||999||3,500||2,500|
|Note||Maximum playback time of audio files stored in an external storage device (USB/SD) is 7.5 hours or 450 minutes|
Compressed Audio Playback: The AVIC-Z120BT supports playback of MP3, WMA, and AAC audio files stored on CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs, as well as USB devices and SD/SDHC memory cards.
|Media Type||CD-R/-RW |
SD/SDHC Memory Card
|Bit Rate||8-320 kbps (CBR, VBR)||5-320 kbps (CBR, VBR)||8-320 kbps (CBR)||8-320 kbps (CBR, VBR)||5-320 kbps (CBR, VBR)||LPCM: 8 and 16 bits |
MS ADPCM: 4 bits
|8-320 kbps (CBR)|
|Sampling Frequency||16-48 kHz (32/44.1/48kHz for emphasis)||8-48 kHz||8-44.1 kHz||16-48 kHz (32/44.1/48kHz for emphasis)||8-48 kHz||LPCM: 16-48 kHz |
IMA-ADPCM: 22.05 and 44.1 kHz
|Tags||ID3 tag ver. 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3||WMA tag||AAC tag||ID3 tag ver. 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3||WMA tag||N/A||AAC tag|
DivX Video Compatibility: This unit supports DivX video file playback recorded onto DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs. The AVIC-Z120BT supports the following DivX formats.
|Profile (DivX version)||Home Theater Ver. 3.11/4.x/5.x/6x|
|Compatible audio codec||MP3, Dolby Digital|
|Bit rate (MP3)||8-320 kbps (CBR), VBR|
|Sampling Frequency||16kHz-48kHz (32/44.1/48kHz for emphasis)|
|Maximum image size||720 x 576 pixels|
|Maximum file size||4GB|
USB/SD Video Playback: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT supports the following video files recorded onto a USB storage device or a SD/SDHC memory card.
|Compatible Audio Codec||Linear PCM||AAC||AAC||WMA|
|Recommended Video Specifications||Image Size: QVGA (320 x 240)||Bit Rate: 768 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 384 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Maximum Bit Rate||Image Size: WQVGA (400 x 240)||Bit rate: 2 Mbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 1 Mbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 768 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Image Size: VGA (640 x 480)||Bit Rate: 1 Mbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 576 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Maximum File Size||2 GB|
|Maximum Playback Time||150 minutes|
JPEG/BMP Still Images: The AVIC-Z120BT also supports playback of JPEG and BMP still images (up to 2592 x 1944) stored on a SD or SDHC memory card. You can import still images from your SD/SDHC memory card to the unit's built-in flash-memory and create a custom splash screen for the headunit. The maximum number of images, including the images in the built-in memory, that can be imported and displayed is 200.
Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT offers the following playback functions.
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Slow Motion Forward: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you can choose to play back video in slow motion (no audio).
- Repeat Play: Audio/Video content can be repeated. You can choose from Disc (entire disc), Chapter (current chapter), Title (current title), Track (current track), File (current file), Folder (current folder), or One (current video/song/track).
- Random (Shuffle) Play: Audio/Video can be played back in a random order. You can choose from Songs (videos/songs in selected list), Albums (videos/songs from selected album), Folder (songs/tracks in selected folder), or Disc (all songs/tracks on disc).
Search Functions: The AVIC-Z120BT provides the following search functions.
- Track Title List: You can select tracks to playback using the track title list which is a list of the tracks recorded on a disc.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying a title and chapter track.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Skip Search: You can skip to the previous/next track, file, folder, title, or chapter on a disc.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: You can fast forward/reverse through a current track, file, or title on a disc.
- Scan Play: Scan Play lets you hear the first 10 seconds of each track/file on a CD.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVIC-Z120BT.
Installation Angle: Optimum CD playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
iPod/iPhone Audio/Video Playback: The Pioneer CD-IU50V interface cable (130IU50V, sold separately) allows you to plug your iPod/iPhone directly into the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT Multimedia Headunit's rear-panel USB and A/V Aux input terminal, and gain direct control, audio/video playback, and charging via the headunit.
iPod/iPhone Control: You can choose to control your iPod/iPhone from the AVIC-Z120BT, or the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. To make operating and searching easy, operations to control your iPod/iPhone with this unit are designed to be as similar to the iPod/iPhone as possible.
- Music Browsing: You can search your iPod/iPhone's audio/video content by category (movies, music videos, TV shows, artists, albums, songs, genres composers, audiobooks, Podcasts, or playlist). Each category is then listed alphabetically to ensure easy access to each audio/video file.
- Link Search: The AVIC-Z120BT also offers Link Search, which displays a lists of songs related to the currently playing song to match your mood.
- Repeat & Shuffle: In addition, the AVIC-Z120BT offers Repeat and Shuffle playback functions.
- Voice Recognition: The AVIC-Z120BT even supports voice recognition for iPod/iPhone, via the supplied external microphone.
iPod/iPhone Display: The multimedia headunit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including - Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, Album title, and Album art.
iPod/iPhone Charging: The multimedia headunit's USB connection will power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone battery when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Note: If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Pandora Link: You can play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Pioneer CD-IU50V iPod connector cable (sold separately). To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS (v3.0 or later), or iPhone (v4.1 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT provides control over your Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information; as well as Album artwork.
Note: You must use the CD-IU50V cable to access Pandora. The standard iPod/USB dock cable will not output Pandora Audio. The Pandora music feature is not compatible with the latest iOS 4.0 update for the iPhone (3G/3GS) and iPod touch (2nd/3rd gen). Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT multimedia headunit is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions when connected via the Pioneer CD-IU50V interface cable (as of April. 2010):
|iPod Model||Gen.||Ver.||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora Link||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Unit||iPod||Song Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple firmware updates may change functionality results. Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the headunit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
iOS 5.0 Note: Pandora Link is not compatible with Apple's latest iOS 5.0 for the iPhone.
MusicSphere: Pioneer's new proprietary MusicSphere technology allows you to enjoy your music in a new way by creating unique mood-based playlists via iTunes for your iPod, iPod Touch, or iPhone device. When installed on your Windows PC, the MusicSphere iTunes plug-in software will analyze the entire music library and create specialized playlists based on various musical attributes such as feeling (bright, energetic, gloomy, relaxing calm), rhythm pattern, beats per minute (BPM), year of the song and/or date added to the device. Additionally, through the MusicSphere, you can select preferred parameters of your music to create a "DJ Playlist".
Bluetooth Technology: The AVIC-Z120BT is equipped with built-in Parrot Bluetooth (ver. 2.0) system allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver, as well a wirelessly stream Bluetooth audio to the headunit. Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology that was developed as a cable replacement for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), and AVRCP Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
Phone Pairing: Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time.
Note: Not all Bluetooth mobile devices will be compatible. Visit Pioneer's web site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Hands-Free Communication: The AVIC-Z120BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The headunit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVIC-Z120BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the headunit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVIC-Z120BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the headunit's on-screen keypad (0-9).
- Call Home: You can call home without taking the time to enter the phone number, if your home phone number has been stored in the unit.
- Favorites: You can make a call to phone numbers entered and stored in the headunit's Favorites list.
- Contacts List: You can transfer the phone book entries from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone to the AVIC-Z120BT. A maximum of 1000 entries can be transferred per paired mobile phone (each entry can hold up to 5 phone numbers)
The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT replaces these items
- MP3/WMA/AAC playback on DVD/CD
- voice control of iPod and Bluetooth
- built-in navigation capability with map coverage of US, Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii, plus over 12 million points of interest