About the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT
Pioneer builds car stereos to suit almost any desire and any budget. But if you're looking for serious car audio/video mojo, their AVIC-Z130BT receiver takes connectivity to a new level, setting the standard for navigation utility and multimedia capability. Plus, the cool-looking graphics on the 7" touchscreen will keep you in close touch with every part of your entertainment setup.
The Aha Radio advantage
With the free Aha Radio app and your iPhone, the AVIC-Z130BT will let you tap into a wide variety of personalized, on-demand content while you're behind the wheel. Aha Radio provides audio streams of information like status updates and Tweets, so you can catch social media updates from Facebook and Twitter while you drive, all without having to take your eyes off the road to check out your iPhone's screen.
Whether you're looking for a great cup of joe or some awesome Asian food, you can listen to search results and reviews of restaurants and coffee shops listed on Yelp with Aha Radio's "Hungry" and "Coffee" stations. Aha Radio filters, sorts, and prioritizes the content you get based on your location, so you can even tap into traffic info for first-hand reports of road conditions in your vicinity. Aha Radio has news updates, podcasts, and even comedy — so there's always something to listen to.
PANDORA® Internet radio and online video content at your command
PANDORA® fans! When your iPhone's connected you'll have control of your stations from the receiver's touchscreen, including "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" song ratings. And you'll see album art, plus song and artist info on the big screen as well.
Once you plug in your iPhone with Pioneer's iPod cable, you'll be able to watch YouTube, Netflix, and other online video content when you're parked, or send it to backseat monitors while you're driving. Thanks to dual-zone A/V control, you can even listen to music from another source while the crew in the back enjoys video.
Free traffic service with your navigation
The AVIC-Z130BT guides you with detailed Tele Atlas® maps of Canada, Puerto Rico, and the entire U.S.A. And, in most major metropolitan areas, the included TMC traffic tuner offers quick access to fast, free traffic information, anticipating many tie-ups well before you get caught in a jam.
Your new copilot
If you know the pain of getting caught in the wrong lane at a busy interchange, you'll appreciate the Lane Guidance feature directing you to the right lane for an upcoming turn. And Pioneer's AVIC FEEDS add a whole new level of fun and functionality, giving you the ability to transfer destinations from Google Maps, download points-of-interest from the Internet, and more. The ECO Graphs function even lets you keep track of your carbon emissions and gas mileage, so you can learn to drive more economically.
Hands-free phoning with voice control
You can make hands-free calls easily through this receiver with your compatible phone, and keep your attention on the road. The built-in Bluetooth also supports audio music streaming (A2DP) so you can stream music wirelessly from compatible mobile devices to the receiver.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check Hands-on Research for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in navigation system for all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico with 12 million points of interest and TMC traffic tuner
- AVIC FEEDS navigation customization
- internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" motorized touchscreen with variable-color button illumination
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner with iTunes tagging
- PANDORA® Internet radio connectivity
- connection to social media and other sites through Aha Radio and your iPhone
- App mode for viewing iPhone video content from select Internet applications (iPhone 4 required)
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD/SDHC cards, and USB memory devices
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- high- and low-pass filters
- 7-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- Auto EQ measures and tunes for your car's acoustics (requires optional microphone)
- dual-zone A/V output
- iPod control: Pioneer cable required for full access to audio/video content
- compatible with Pioneer satellite radio tuners
- inputs: rear USB input, micro-SD card slot, front-panel A/V input, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer), video output
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN Navigation receiver with integrated 7" LCD monitor (10A mini-blade fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- AV/Preamp connector harness
- 6.75' USB/AV cable (with a USB type-A connector and AV 3.5mm connector on one end and a proprietary multi-pin connector on other end)
- GPS antenna with attached 16.25' cable
- Self-adhesive ground plane sheet (2.375" square)
- External traffic tuner box
- Microphone with 13' cable (right-angle 2.5mm sub-mini plug)
- Sun-visor clip
- 3M tape
- 8 Pan-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 8 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Operation Manual CD-ROM (Eng/Fre)
- Installation Manual (Eng/ Fre)
- Quick Start Guide
- "Warning" sheet
- Warranty information (US/Canada)
- On-line product registration information card
- "Important Information for the User" booklet (Eng/Fre)
- "Under Industry Canada Regulations" note
Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Rear AV|
|Audio/video Input||2 Composite Video|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Android Control||USB MSC protocol + Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP|
|Memory Card Slot||MP3, WMA, AAC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius or XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT multimedia-navigation in-dash receiver has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double DIN" or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets.
Note: As always, please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
7" Motorized TFT LCD Touchscreen Color Display: The AVIC-Z130BT features a motorized 7" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 wide screen touchscreen display with an LED backlight. The resolution of the display is 800 x 480 for a total of 384,000 pixels. The touchscreen allows you to control this unit or a connected component such as an iPod/iPhone, USB device, Bluetooth enabled device, or a Satellite Radio and HD Radio tuner. Menus appear onscreen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The motorized LCD touchscreen display electronically slides-down to insert and eject discs and SD memory cards.
Note: The motorized touchscreen display is not removable.
Angle Adjustment: You can adjust the motorized display's angle (5-steps; 0-22° to suit your viewing needs.
10-Bit Video DAC: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT utilizes a 10-bit video DAC for excellent video playback of your movies/TV shows stored on disc, flash memory, or your iPod/iPhone.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged.
Video Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for each source and the optional rear view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video:
- Full: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only, enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions.
- Zoom: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen.
- Cinema: A picture is enlarged by the same proportion as Full or Zoom in the horizontal direction and by an intermediate proportion between Full and Zoom in the vertical direction.
- Normal: A 4:3 picture is displayed as it is.
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The orange/white illumination wire must be connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit in order for this feature to work.
Shortcut Menu: You can register your favorite menu items in the head unit's Shortcut Menu so you can quickly jump to your favorite menu items. Up to 15 menu items can be registered.
Front-Panel Controls With Adjustable Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom-edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to white, green, blue, purple, yellow, orange, red or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color using the unit's three primary colors (red, green, blue) and a 0 to 31 color-level adjustment.
Firmware Updates: New firmware will be released for the purpose of additional features or product improvements. Firmware updates can be downloaded from the Pioneer website onto a microSD card, or a preloaded microSD card can be shipped to you from Pioneer.
Note: Visit Pioneer's website for the latest firmware update information pertaining to the AVIC-Z130BT.
Flash Memory Navigation: The AVIC-Z130BT offers a comprehensive map database from Tele Atlas stored on its built-in 4GB flash-memory which covers the entire United States (including Alaska & Hawaii), Canada, and Puerto Rico; enabling you to route to millions of destinations, including more than 12 million points of interest (POIs).
Note: Future map upgrades can be purchased at www.pioneerelectronics.com and downloaded to a SD/SDHC card.
GPS Technology: The AVIC-Z130BT accurately measures your current location by the Global Positioning System, a network of satellites orbiting the earth to give you time and position information. The accuracy of the GPS information depends upon how good the reception is. The unit has a 32-channel GPS receiver with a magnetic antenna included. The AVIC-Z130BT also features a speed sensing cable for better accuracy of your vehicle's movement.
Note: The car speed signal cable (Pink) should always be connected to your vehicle's speed detection circuit. Failure to make this connection will increase errors in the vehicle's location display.
2D/3D Map: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT allows you to view a detailed city map on its integrated monitor in 2D or 3D. You can choose to orient the map in one of two ways; show North at the top of the screen, or show the direction in which you are heading at the top. You can also select between brightness modes - Day (for a bright background), Night (for a black background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two). Most of the information provided by the navigation system can be seen on the onscreen map.
3D Landmarks: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT provides 3D Landmarks that are comprised of well-know buildings and statues to residents and tourists within certain city-limits. These 3D Landmarks give you a better understanding of your surroundings and location when navigating.
Voice Guidance/Text to Speech: In addition to graphical on-screen directions and maps, the AVIC-Z130BT provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can choose a male or female voice in English, French, or Spanish. Some of the voices are capable of text-to-speech, announcing the street names along with the turn directions.
Lane Guidance: In certain locations of a freeway, lane information is available, indicating the recommended lane to be in to easily maneuver the next instruction.
Total Traffic Network Tuner: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT features an external Total Network Traffic tuner module. The included traffic tuner lets you check real-time traffic information transmitted by the Total Traffic Network via FM RDS, on-screen. When the AVIC-Z130BT receives updated traffic information, the navigation system will overlay the traffic information on the on-screen map and also display detailed text information when available. When you are traveling along a route and there is traffic information on your current route, the system will detect it and ask you if you would like to be re-routed, or suggest another route automatically.
Destination Search: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT's built-in navigation system allows you to search for your destination by Address (City/Street/House #), POI (points-of-interest), Favorites (up to 400 locations), Recent History (up to 100 locations), and Coordinates (latitude/longitude). You can also select a point on the map to be your destination by simply touching the screen.
Note: The parking brake must be engaged to operate all, but some of the simplest navigation functions. Destination history and some local POI functions are still available without the parking brake.
Route Calculation: The AVIC-Z130BT calculates the route based on your preferences. You can have the navigation system calculate your route based on the following selections.
- Route Method: You can choose from 2 different route methods (Fastest Time or Shortest Distance)
- Road Types: To let the route fit your needs, you can also set which road types (Main Road, Ferry, Freeway, Toll Road) are to be considered for or to be excluded from the route if possible.
- Time Restrictions: This setting control whether streets or bridges that have traffic restrictions during a certain time should be taken into account.
- Learning Route: The system learns the travel history of your vehicle for each road. You can choose whether or not this travel history should be taken into account.
Current Itinerary: The Current Itinerary is a detailed list of the route events or driving instructions.
Waypoints: During an active route, you can insert additional waypoints (intermediate destinations) preceding the destination. You can insert up to 5 waypoints. Every time a new point is added, the route is recalculated automatically and you can start navigating right away.
Eco-Driving Function: This navigation system is equipped with an Eco-driving function that can be used to estimate whether you are driving in an environmentally friendly way.
- Echo Graph: This function estimates approximate fuel mileage based on your driving, compares that with your average fuel mileage in the past, and displays the results in a graph. The ECO Graph feature provides a view in addition to 2D and 3D, which divides the map view screen with a new graph to provide drivers with a visual representation of their environmental impact.
- Gas Mileage: You can estimate the fuel cost to your destination by entering in approximate fuel price per gallon.
- Eco Drive Level Guidance: This navigation is equipped with the
Eco Drive Level function that estimates how well you have driven in an
environmentally friendly way based on your Eco Score. When a route is set,
the unit will calculate a Drive Score based on driving efficiency which
factors abrupt stops and accelerations and idle time. Your Eco Score is
calculated from the following:
- Speed: indicates the speed detected (this indication may be different from actual speed of vehicle)
- Acceleration/Deceleration: indicates acceleration or deceleration velocity of your vehicle
- Distance: indicates driving distance
- Incline: indicates the degree of slope of the street that you are currently on
- Sudden Start Alert: If the speed of the vehicle exceeds 25.5 mph within 5 seconds from the time it is started, a message appears and a warning sound beeps.
Note: The fuel mileage calculated is based on a theoretical value determined from vehicle speed and position information from the navigation system. The fuel mileage displayed is only a reference value, and does not guarantee the mileage displayed can be obtained.
Travel History: The Track Logger feature enables you to record your driving (travel) history to the unit's built-in flash memory or an inserted SD/SDHC card.
Route Simulation: A simulation drives you through the route, following the driving instructions.
Intelligent Reroute: If you deviate from the set route, the system will recalculate the route from that point so that you remain on track to your destination.
AVIC Feeds: Through Pioneer's proprietary AVIC FEEDS PC software, the unit can estimate the fuel cost of trip routes as well as the vehicle's CO2 emissions through detailed Drive Reports. Through a proprietary fuel consumption algorithm, AVIC FEEDS can also log and archive driving data and analyze driving habits to generate various reports with suggestions to improve fuel efficiency. You can also create custom Points of Interest (POIs) by using the AVIC Feeds utility program. Once created, you can store the POI on an external storage device, such as a SD/SDHC card, and upload the information to the unit.
Note: AVIC Feeds available on the Pioneer website (pioneerelectronics.com).
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from DVDs, CDs, and flash media, the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This multimedia-navigation in-dash head unit is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVIC-Z130BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer multimedia-navigation receiver's A/V 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Sonic Center Control: Sound that is suited for the listening position can easily be created with this function. You can adjust sound more toward the listening position left (7) to right (7).
EEQ (Easy EQ): There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2.
8-Band Graphic EQ: The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 8-band graphic equalizer (40Hz, 80Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz, and 10kHz).
Sonic Center Control: Sound that is suited for the listening position can easily be created with this function. You can adjust sound more toward the listening position left (7) to right (7).
Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6.
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Three 4.0-Volt Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT is equipped with three 4.0-Volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front and rear speakers are fading with high-pass crossover filters, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter.
- Front and Rear Preamp Outputs: If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the front or rear speaker preamp outputs (or speaker outputs), you can turn on the 12dB/octave High Pass Filter. The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers.
- Subwoofer Output: The unit has a pair of dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level. When the subwoofer output is turned on, you can select the frequency of the 18dB/octave low pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
Rear Channel Speaker Output: You can choose to use the rear channel output (speaker and preout) for full-range speaker or subwoofer. If you select "subwoofer", you can connect a 4-ohm subwoofer directly to each rear speaker lead, or a 2-ohm subwoofer to one of the rear speaker leads, without using an external amplifier.
HD Radio: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio in the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-quality sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Satellite Radio Ready: You can connect and control an external satellite radio tuner from XM or Sirius. The XM or Sirius satellite radio tuner connects via the IP-Bus connector on the back of the head unit.
- XM Satellite Radio: The head unit is compatible with the GEX-P920XM (130P920XM, sold separately) Pioneer XM receiver.
- Sirius Satellite Radio: For Sirius there are two options; connect the SC-C1 SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle tuner and the CD-SB10 Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (700SIRPION, sold separately), or use the Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (130CDSB10, sold separately) and the SIRIUS dock-and-play adapter (607SCVDOC1, sold separately) along with a compatible portable SIRIUS radio.
Note: A subscription to XM or Sirius, plus the proper antenna is required in order to receive satellite radio programming.
Multimedia Compatibility: The Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT features a disc slot (behind motorized touchscreen display) and a SD-card slot (along bottom edge of touchscreen display). The AVIC-Z120BT is also equipped with a USB 2.0 Full-Speed port (using included 6.75' proprietary cable). The head unit offers the following media compatibility.
|Media Type||CD-R-RW||DVD-R/-RW/-R DL||USB Storage Device||SD/SDHC Memory Card (up to 16GB)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, |
Romeo, and Joliet
|ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, and UDF 1.02||FAT16/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||MP3, WMA, AAC, DivX||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, AVI, WMV, MPEG-4|
|Maximum # of Folders||700||300|
|Maximum # of Files||999||3,500||2,500|
|Note||Maximum playback time of audio files stored in an external storage device (USB/SD) is 7.5 hours or 450 minutes|
Compressed Audio Playback: The AVIC-Z130BT supports playback of MP3, WMA, and AAC audio files stored on CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs, as well as USB devices and SD/SDHC memory cards:
|Bit Rate||8-320 kbps (CBR), VBR||5-320 kbps (CBR), VBR||LPCM: 8 and 16 bits |
MS ADPCM: 4 bits
|8-320 kbps (CBR)|
|Sampling Frequency||16-48 kHz (32/44.1/48kHz for emphasis)||8-48 kHz||LPCM: 16-48 kHz |
IMA-ADPCM: 22.05 and 44.1 kHz
|Tags||ID3 tag ver. 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3||WMA tag||N/A||AAC tag|
Compressed Video Playback: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT supports the following video files recorded onto a USB storage device or a SD/SDHC memory card:
|Compatible Audio Codec||Linear PCM||AAC||AAC||WMA|
|Recommended Video Specifications||Image Size: QVGA (320 x 240)||Bit Rate: 768 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 384 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 384 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Maximum Bit Rate||Image Size: WQVGA (400 x 240)||Bit Rate: 2 Mbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 1 Mbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 768 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Image Size: VGA (640 x 480)||Bit Rate: 1 Mbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 576 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Bit Rate: 576 kbps |
Frame Rate: 30 fps
|Maximum File Size||2 GB|
|Maximum Playback Time||150 minutes|
Note: These compressed video formats cannot be played back via CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW.
DivX Video Compatibility: This unit supports DivX video file playback recorded onto DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs. The AVIC-Z130BT supports the following DivX formats.
|DivX Format||DivX, DivX Ultra|
|Profile (DivX version)||Home Theater Ver. 3.11/4.x/5.x/6x|
|Compatible audio codec||MP3, Dolby Digital|
|Bit rate (MP3)||8-320 kbps (CBR), VBR|
|Sampling Frequency||16kHz-48kHz (32/44.1/48kHz for emphasis)|
|Maximum image size||720 x 576 pixels|
|Maximum file size||4GB|
Note: DivX files cannot be played on a USB memory device or SD memory card.
JPEG/BMP Still Images: The AVIC-Z130BT also supports playback of JPEG and BMP still images stored on a SD or SDHC memory card. You can import still images from your SD/SDHC memory card to the unit's built-in flash-memory and create a custom splash screen for the head unit.
|Still Image Format||JPEG/BMP|
|Maximum Image Size||2592 x 1944 pixels or smaller|
|Maximum Data Size||6MB or smaller|
|Maximum Number of Files||200 images|
Note: JPEG/BMP files are not support on CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs, or USB devices.
Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT offers the following playback functions.
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Slow Motion Forward: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you can choose to play back video in slow motion (no audio).
- Repeat Play: Audio/Video content can be repeated. You can choose from Disc (entire disc), Chapter (current chapter), Title (current title), Track (current track), File (current file), Folder (current folder), or One (current video/song/track).
- Random (Shuffle) Play: Audio/Video can be played back in a random order. You can choose from Songs (videos/songs in selected list), Albums (videos/songs from selected album), Folder (songs/tracks in selected folder), or Disc (all songs/tracks on disc).
Search Functions: The AVIC-Z130BT provides the following search functions.
- Track Title List: You can select tracks to playback using the track title list which is a list of the tracks recorded on a disc.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying a title, chapter, and the time.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Skip Search: You can skip to the previous/next track, file, folder, title, or chapter on a disc.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: You can fast forward/reverse through a current track, file, or title on a disc.
- Scan Play: Scan Play lets you hear the first 10 seconds of each track/file on a CD or flash memory device.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVIC-Z130BT.
Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
iPod/iPhone Music, Video, and App Playback: The Pioneer multimedia-navigation in-dash head unit supports both audio/video playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone, using the required Pioneer CD-IU51V iPod/iPhone connector cable (130IU51V, sold separately). Once this cable is connected you can listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks stored on your iPod/iPhone. You can also enjoy video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod or iPhone. In addition, you can access downloaded Apps from your iPhone, such as Pandora, Aha Radio, and more. The Pioneer CD-IU51V iPod/iPhone connector cable plugs into the unit's included proprietary cable's USB (type-A) port and AV 3.5mm input.
Note: You cannot use your iPod/iPhone's dock-connector cable for audio, video, or App playback. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park (the unit will display "Audio Only" when your vehicle is in motion).
iPod/iPhone Control: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT offers 3 iPod/iPhone control modes - head unit, Passenger, and App mode.
- head unit Control: To make operating and searching easy,
operations to control your iPod/iPhone with this unit's touchscreen are
designed to be as similar to the iPod/iPhone as possible.
- Music Browsing: You can search your iPod/iPhone's audio/video content by category (Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, TV Show, Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook). Each category is then listed alphabetically to ensure easy access to each audio/video file.
- Link Search: In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
- Random & Repeat: You can also select random and repeat functions for a certain song, specific category, or your entire iPod/iPhone's music library.
- Passenger: The Passenger control mode allows you to control audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat.
- App Mode: The App Mode lets you enjoy video content from iTunes apps, such as - Safari, YouTube, Netflix, and other select apps (iPhone app must support video output) from your iPhone 4 on the Pioneer head unit's high resolution touchscreen. You can control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse Previous/Next) of these applications from the Pioneer head unit. The App Mode feature can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged.
Note: The App mode is only supported by the iPhone 4.
iPod/iPhone Display: The multimedia-navigation in-dash head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including - Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, Album label, and Album art.
Note: There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to 'App Mode'. Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen. The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display the text - 'App Mode'.
iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your iPod/iPhone connected to your compatible Pioneer head unit. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
Note: This function can be operated with the following iPod/iPhone models - iPod nano (3rd/4th/5th/6th gen), iPod classic (80/120/160GB), iPod touch (1st/2nd/3rd/4th gen), and iPhone (2G/3G/3GS/4).
Pandora App: Pandora App lets you play and control music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Pioneer CD-IU51V iPod connector cable (sold separately). The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT provides control over your Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information; as well as Album art. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and skip song tracks within a station. You can also give songs a thumbs up/down and bookmark songs/artists. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (ver. 3.0), iPhone 3G (ver. 3.0 or later), iPhone 3GS (ver.3.0 or later), or iPhone 4 (ver. 4.0) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and is only available in the United States.
Aha Radio Compatibility: The Pioneer multimedia-navigation head unit offers compatibility with the Aha Radio app (free) for iPhone (iOS 3.0 or later), which provides audio streams of a user's social network and RSS feeds, podcasts, and local Yelp reviews in a non-distracting format. Via an iPhone running the free Aha Radio Mobile App connected to the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT, you can listen to the latest traffic conditions on your current road or commute road, listen to Facebook and Twitter updates, access hundreds of podcasts and other services such as the "Hungry" and "Coffee" stations which deliver real-time vicinity search results and directions to preferred restaurant categories listed on Yelp. Aha Radio offers over 100 content and podcast stations that can be conveniently accessed and controlled directly on the touchscreen of the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT through the connection of your Apple iPhone (Pioneer CD-IU51V iPod connector cable required and sold separately).
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. Access to the Aha Radio will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Not available in Canada.
iPod/iPhone Charging: The head unit's USB connection will power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone battery when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Note: If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of October 2011):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Apps||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||head unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Pandora App||Aha Radio|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
iOS 5.0 Note: The In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver's Pandora Internet Radio & Aha Radio iPhone functions are currently experiencing audio playback issues with Apple's latest iOS 5.0 software update for the iPhone.
Note: Pandora version 3.1.15 was released on the Apple App store which includes the fix for the iOS5 audio playback issues with Pioneer AVIC head units.
MusicSphere: Pioneer's new proprietary MusicSphere technology allows you to enjoy your music in a new way by creating unique mood-based playlists via iTunes for your iPod, iPod Touch, or iPhone device. When installed on your Windows PC, the MusicSphere iTunes plug-in software will analyze the entire music library and create specialized playlists based on various musical attributes such as feeling (bright, energetic, gloomy, relaxing calm), rhythm pattern, beats per minute (BPM), year of the song and/or date added to the device. Additionally, through the MusicSphere, you can select preferred parameters of your music to create a "DJ Playlist".
Bluetooth Technology: The AVIC-Z130BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 2.0 (powered by Parrot) allowing to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver. Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology that was developed as a cable replacement for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), A2DP (Audio Streaming Profile), and AVRCP (Audio Control Profile).
Phone Pairing: Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time.
Note: Not all Bluetooth mobile devices will be compatible. Visit Pioneer's website for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Hands-Free Communication: The AVIC-Z130BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/PBAP/OPP) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVIC-Z130BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVIC-Z130BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's on-screen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Call Home: You can save your Home phone number for quick & easy dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for the phone number by alphabet search mode. A maximum of 1,000 phone book entries can be transferred per cellular phone. Each entry can hold up to 5 phone numbers.
- Call History: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. Each call history saves up to 30 calls per registered cellular phone. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Favorite Locations: You can make a call to an location stored in the unit's Navigation Favorites list.
- POI Dialing: You can make a call to a point-of-interest which contains phone number data.
- Map Dialing: You can make a call by selecting the icon of a registered location or a POI icon from the map (must contain phone number data).
External Microphone: During your wireless phone call, you can talk into the head unit's included microphone, and listen to the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than an integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many other in-dash head units. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip.
Note: This unit is not equipped with an integrated front-panel mic.
Echo Canceling with Noise Reduction: This function reduces echo and noise when using the multimedia-navigation's Bluetooth hands-free communication feature.
Bluetooth Audio Players: In addition to supporting Bluetooth's Hands-Free Profile (HFP), the head unit also supports Bluetooth's wireless Audio Streaming Profile (A2DP) and Bluetooth's Audio Control Profile (AVRCP). These features allow you to wirelessly transmit music from your Bluetooth compatible cell-phone or portable audio player to the AVIC-Z130BT so you can listen to your stored music files through your vehicle's audio system.
Dual AV Inputs: The AVIC-Z130BT features two rear-panel AV inputs (composite/3.5mm). There is a rear-panel A/V input (composite video/stereo RCA audio) for connecting a video component such as a VCR or game console. The AVIC-Z130BT also has rear-panel AV 3.5mm minijack input for connecting a portable audio/video device. The AV 3.5mm input is provided by the included proprietary USB/minijack cable.
AV Output (with Dual Zone): The AVIC-Z130BT features a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA audio output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can playback audio/video content from a DVD/CD disc, the AV 1 inputs, or the same source as the built-in monitor. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Note: You cannot play DivX files on the unit's monitor and a connected external monitor at the same time.
Rear View Camera: The AVIC-Z130BT is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The head unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera In jack) when an optional rear camera (130NDBC4, sold separately) is installed on your vehicle. When your vehicle's shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the purple/white wire in the wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching).
Voice Recognition: The Pioneer navigation system uses voice recognition technology, allowing you to use voice commands to operate many of its functions. The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT offers specific voice commands for Navigation (address/POI search), iPod/iPhone (Search by Artist/Album/Genre/Playlist), Bluetooth Phone (call contact from Phonebook) and AV sources (switch AV sources). Voice commands our recognized by the unit through its external microphone.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit to allow you to keep your vehicle's radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (541SWIRC, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT replaces these items
- control your Pandora Internet Radio stations through 7" motorized touchscreen
- voice control of iPod and Bluetooth
- built-in navigation capability with map coverage of US, Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii, plus over 12 million points of interest
- CD/MP3/WMA/AAC playback
- voice control of iPod and Bluetooth
- built-in navigation capability with map coverage of US, Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii, plus over 12 million points-of-interest
- MP3/WMA/AAC playback
- built-in navigation capability with map coverage of Canada and entire United States
- built-in Bluetooth