About the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH
Excellent navigation and iPhone® 5 compatibility
Excellent navigation and iPhone® 5 compatibility
Pioneer's flagship AVIC-Z150BH navigation receiver packs an overstuffed feature set into its double-DIN (4" tall) chassis. Not only do you get reliable guidance across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, but you'll have plenty of ways to stay connected to information and entertainment along the way — all on a beautiful 7" touch display. And iPhone 5 users can enjoy access to apps and audio/video content that you just won't find in other receivers on the market.
Travel without fear of delays or getting lost
Looking for a specific destination or just a better route to where you need to go? The AVIC-Z150BH features detailed maps and over 12 million points of interest, and you can add your favorite stopping points as well. The built-in traffic tuner from Clear Channel's Total Traffic Network provides real-time data on congestion in over 90 major metropolitan areas, including some in Canada. You'll see traffic as it develops and find a route around it quickly, all without any additional costs or on-screen advertising.
Don't you hate missing an important turn at the last second because you weren't in the correct lane? Pioneer's lane guidance clearly points you to the correct lane for an upcoming maneuver. And you'll also see realistic signposts on the screen in some instances, with arrows indicating the proper path. And complicated intersections will be shown as realistic 3D representations, so you'll know exactly where to turn.
Bluetooth® for phone conversations and music streaming
The AVIC-Z150BH's built-in Bluetooth lets you make hands-free calls easily with your compatible phone, and keep your attention on the road. The Bluetooth also supports audio music streaming (A2DP) so you can stream music wirelessly from compatible mobile devices to the receiver.
AppRadio Mode gives you the power
AppRadio Mode lets you take advantage of full on-screen use of over 30 smartphone apps, including parking, music, navigation, social networking, and traffic (and there are more on the way). You can tap into your iPhone or Android smartphone's contacts, calendars, maps, and more. And you can even view some streaming apps from your smartphone while your vehicle is parked.
To enjoy AppRadio Mode, you'll need to download Pioneer's free AppRadio app and connect your iPhone or Android device with the cable or cables linked below, depending on your phone.
Pioneer's innovative AppRadioLIVE streamlines your app info and functions into one easy-to-use interface. You'll enjoy quick access to your music, media, calendar, and other sources you subscribe to, just by downloading the AppRadioLIVE app and syncing your services. AppRadioLIVE works with your apps to provide visual map guidance and access to points of interest, as well as the ability to search for concerts, shows, and other local events of interest. And you can show several sources of information simultaneously, quickly shifting from one to another with a touch of your finger.
Pioneer offers different levels of smartphone control, depending on your device. Here are the highlights:
Android™: You'll get control of Pandora® Internet radio and Aha Radio apps through the receiver's touchscreen when paired through Bluetooth, so no cable needed if your phone supports music streaming profile (SPP). With a separate adapter kit, you can use AppRadio Mode to control other compatible apps on your phone. When your vehicle's parked, you can also check out video from your compatible Android device through the receiver's HDMI input.
iPhone 4/4S: With a separate cable, you'll get control of your iPhone's music and video, plus Pandora Internet radio and Aha Radio apps through the receiver's touchscreen when connected. You can also use AppRadio Mode to control other compatible apps on your phone.
iPhone 5: With a separate adapter and cable, you'll get control of your iPhone's music, plus Pandora Internet radio and Aha Radio apps through the receiver's touchscreen when connected. The AVIC-Z150BH features an HDMI video input, which allows for iPhone 5 video playback and AppRadio mode to control other compatible apps on your phone. You'll need these cables for AppRadio mode and video playback on the 7" display.
A firmware update is available from Pioneer that will provide enhanced iPhone 5 compatibility to enable AppRadio Mode. However, due to an unforeseen communication error with the Pandora Internet radio app, audio playback and display of metadata from Pandora are disrupted. If you use Pandora and don't intend to use AppRadio Mode at this time, please do not install this update. Pioneer is working on an update to allow for both Pandora and AppRadio Mode, to be released at a future date.
Audio/video options galore
The AVIC-Z150BH features a built-in HD Radio™ tuner for high-fidelity AM/FM sound from participating stations. This receiver plays CDs and DVDs, not to mention SD cards, USB thumb drives, and iPods®. It also features an auxiliary input for other sound sources. And you can tweak the sound to your tastes with the 8-band graphic equalizer.
Again, you can play video content from DVDs on the main screen when you're parked, or send the video output to rear-seat screens when you're traveling. You can also add satellite radio programming from SiriusXM with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
Expand your mind... and your stereo
If you're concerned about what's behind you when you're backing up, the AVIC-Z150BH offers a dedicated rear-view camera input. And customizable home screen and button color illumination options let you get creative. Do you like to take matters into your own hands? You can add an optional wired remote control to the receiver.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod or iPhone with this receiver, be sure to check Details for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- DVD/CD receiver with motorized 7" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- maps of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 12 million points of interest
- free lifetime Total Traffic Network updates in over 90 metro areas
- lane guidance and junction view
- iPod control: Pioneer cable required for full access to audio/video content
- AppRadio Mode: iPhone 4/4S/5 and Android (cable or cables required)
- Pandora control for iPhone (cable required) and Android
- Aha Radio control for iPhone (cable required) and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- high- and low-pass filters
- 8-band graphic equalizer with 5 preset EQ curves
- Auto EQ measures and tunes for your car's acoustics (requires optional microphone)
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear 1-amp USB input (with optional cable), SD card slot, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input, rear HDMI input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer), audio/video output
What's in the box:
- Navigation receiver with integrated 7" LCD touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- AV/preamp harness
- 6.5' AV minijack extension cable
- GPS antenna with attached 16.25' cable
- Self-adhesive square
- Microphone (w/ attached 13' cable termianted by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- HDMI-connector holder 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Operation Manual on CD-ROM
- Installation Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Information for the User
- Warranty Info (USA/Canada)
- Online Product Registration
- NAVTEQ Maps Registration Card
- iPhone 5 note
More details on the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH
Features & specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (R), Composite (R)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||microSD, Opt. USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
AppRadio (for iPhone & Android)
7" Motorized Touchscreen Display (w/ Swipe Action): The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH features a 7" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 widescreen touchscreen display. The resolution of the display is 800 x 480 (RGB), for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a paired Bluetooth device, or a connected component such as your iPod/iPhone or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. You can operate some navigation and audio/video functions by sliding your fingers vertically and horizontally while touching the screen. The unit's touchscreen display is motorized. The 7" touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your discs and SD/SDHC cards. The angle of the motorized touchscreen display can also be adjusted between 0-20° to meet your viewing needs in the car.
Start Up Time: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH has a start up time of approximately 14.7 seconds from Off to the "Caution" screen. Once the "Caution" screen appears, you can tap the "OK" button on the head unit's touchscreen to go instantly to the Navigation screen or press the "Mode" hard-key to access the Source menu.
10-Bit Video DAC: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH utilizes a 10-bit video DAC for excellent video playback of your movies/TV shows stored on disc, flash memory, or your iPod/iPhone.
Shortcut Menu: You can register your favorite menu items in the head unit's Shortcut Menu so you can quickly jump to your favorite menu items. Up to 10 menu items can be registered.
Display Adjustments: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH offers the following monitor display adjustments.
- Splash Screen: You can change the splash screen of the head unit to one of four pre-installed images w/ Pioneer Logo. You can also change the splash screen to custom images stored on an inserted SD memory card. These custom images must be JPEG or BMP files (800 x 480 recommended size).
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the screen's brightness, contrast, color temperature, and dimmer levels.
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video (Full, Just, Zoom, Cinema, and Normal).
Front-Panel Controls (w/ Variable Illumination): In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to white, red, orange, blue, green, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color using the unit's three primary colors (red, green, blue) and a 0 to 31 color-level adjustment.
Auto Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must have the parking brake engaged. Many of the head unit's menu functions will also be disabled; such as Navigation, System, Map, and Bluetooth settings. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
Security Password: You can set a password for the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH to deter theft. If the back-up lead is cut after the password is set, the navigation system prompts for the password at the time of next boot up.
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double -DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is also an optional double-DIN sleeve (130ADTV133, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to Euro-mount or custom mount the Pioneer head unit in your vehicle. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Built-in Navigation (from NAVTEQ): The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH offers a comprehensive map database from NAVTEQ stored on its built-in 8GB flash-memory. The pre-loaded map database covers the entire United States (including Alaska & Hawaii), Canada, and Puerto Rico enabling users to route to millions of destinations including more than 12 million points of interest (POIs).
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: Map updates via a SD memory card can be purchased at Pioneer's online store. Pioneer will release one update per year.
GPS Technology: The AVIC-Z150BH accurately measures your current location by the Global Positioning System, a network of satellites orbiting the earth to give you time and position information. The accuracy of the GPS information depends upon how good the reception is. The unit has a 32-channel GPS receiver with a magnetic antenna included. The AVIC-Z150BH also features a speed sensing cable for better accuracy of your vehicle's movement.
Note: The car speed signal cable (Pink) should always be connected to your vehicle's speed detection circuit. Failure to make this connection will increase errors in the vehicle's location display.
On-Screen Map: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. It will show map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways and towns. Your route is marked with a green line, while your vehicle is indicated by a red arrow on the screen, and checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel the AVIC-Z150BH guides to your destination with arrows on the map and directions at the top of the screen. The upper-right corner of the screen indicates the distance to your next maneuver. During your calculated route, your arrival time is displayed in the top left corner. The unit allows you to zoom, pan, and point using the touchscreen during navigation. If you depart from the original route, the navigation system recalculates the route and provides new directions. You can adjust the following map settings.
- View Modes: Various types of screen displays can be select for navigation guidance; 2D View (displays a normal two-dimensional map with North or your direction at the top of map screen), 3D View (displays three-dimensional map with your direction at the top of the map screen), Rear View (displays the rear view image on the left side of the map screen), or App View (displays the screen of an application for iPhone on the right of screen and the map on the left side of the screen).
- Day/Night Modes: You can also select between brightness modes; Day (for a bright background), Night (for a black background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two).
Text-to-Speech Voice Guidance: In addition to graphical on-screen directions and maps, the AVIC-Z150BH provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can choose a male or female voice in English, French, or Spanish. Some of the voices are capable of text-to-speech, announcing the street names along with the turn directions.
Lane Guidance & Signposts: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH's navigation map offers helpful lane information & signpost guidance.
- Lane Guidance: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Real-Time Traffic Updates: The AVIC-Z150BH offers real-time traffic information updates transmitted Clear Channel Broadcasting. The system acquires traffic information up to 100 miles in radius from your vehicle's position and the info is updated periodically. When the navigation system receives updated traffic information, the navigation system will show it on the head unit's on-screen map and displays detailed text information when available. When your receive information concerning traffic incidents on your route, the system will suggest another route to avoid traffic congestion.
Destination Search: The Destination Menu offers search tools to find your destination and play your route. You can search
|Browse Map||Select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.|
|Home||Store one home location to allow you to calculate a route home from anywhere.|
|Address||Input your destination address by house number, street, and city (up to 100 cities can be saved in units memory).|
|POIs||Search over 12,000,000 POIs (points-of interest) by name, near you current location, near your destination, or around a city.|
|Favorites||You can save your favorite addresses and POIs for quicker access the next time you are traveling (up to 400 favorite locations can be saved).|
|History||The places that you have set as destinations in the past are automatically stored for easier access (up to 100 previous destinations can be saved).|
|Coordinates||Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.|
Note: Your vehicle must be stopped and the parking brake will need to be engaged to enable certain navigation functions; such as Address search, Return Home, and Coordinates.
Route Calculation: The AVIC-Z150BH calculates the route based on your preferences. You can have the navigation system calculate your route based on the following selections.
- Route Method: You can choose from two different route methods (Fastest Time or Shortest Distance)
- Road Types: To let the route fit your needs, you can also set which road types (Main Road, Ferry, Freeway, Toll Road) are to be considered for or to be excluded from the route if possible.
- Time Restrictions: This setting control whether streets or bridges that have traffic restrictions during a certain time should be taken into account.
- Learning Route: The system learns the travel history of your vehicle for each road. You can choose whether or not this travel history should be taken into account.
Route Profile + Simulation: The Route Profile is a detailed list of the route maneuvers or driving instructions. A simulation drives you through the route, following the driving instructions.
Waypoints: During an active route, you can insert additional waypoints (intermediate destinations) preceding the destination. Every time a new point is added, the route is recalculated automatically and you can start navigating right away.
Travel Log: The navigation system logs routes that you already passed through, if the Track Logger function is activated. This is handy when you want to check a route traveled or if returning along a complex route.
Auto Reroute: If you deviate from the set route, the system will recalculate the route from that point so that you remain on track to your destination.
AVIC Feeds PC Application: Pioneer's AVIC FEEDS is a free downloadable software for Windows PC that will enable you to customize the AVIC-Z150BH. AVIC FEEDS creates a link between the Pioneer AVIC Navigation system and your Windows PC. It allows you to bring content from your PC and the Internet to the AVIC Navigation system. Even use AVIC FEEDS to view and edit data from the navigation receiver. Features include:
- Import a Location from a Geo-Tagged Photo from Flickr.
- Busy drivers will end up with many locations stored in their "Favorites" address book. Now you can export those locations for a safe back up. Manage and edit them at home on your PC, and even import from your PC's address book to make this feature even more convenient.
- Give your Navi unit a custom feel, with a personalized splash screen.
- Export your drive report from your Navi, and analyze it with this tool. View fuel mileage, CO2 emissions, and even acceleration & braking trends that will help you get more mileage out of your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1+EDR), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), HSP 1.0 (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVIC-Z150BH without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication: The AVIC-Z150BH supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVIC-Z150BH allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVIC-Z150BH, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's on-screen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for the phone number by alphabet search mode. A maximum of 1,000 phone book entries can be transferred per cellular phone. Each entry can hold up to 5 phone numbers.
- Call History: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory (30 each). You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- NAV Dialing: From the navigation screen, you can make a call to a location stored in the unit's Favorites, History, or POI list (if phone number is available).
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
External Microphone: During your wireless phone call, you can talk into the head unit's included external microphone, and listen to the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth).
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Meta Data Display): The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The AVIC-Z150BH will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Repeat/Random. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album Art. The AVIC-Z150BH also supports audio streaming of music apps (metadata display and control will depend on music app). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: You cannot use Bluetooth Audio Streaming when an iPhone device is connected to the AVIC-Z150BH in AppRadio Mode.
iPod/iPhone Connection: The Pioneer navigation head unit supports both audio/video & app playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone through its rear-panel proprietary port and a proprietary Pioneer iPod/iPhone cable (sold separately). Select the appropriate cable for your model Apple device and media content.
- 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Model: Using Pioneer's proprietary CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately) you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music, podcasts, and audiobooks; plus video playback of your stored movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos from your iPod/iPhone device through the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH. You can also listen to music apps and watch video apps streamed to your iPhone through the Pioneer head unit. In addition, the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) allows you to launch the AppRadio Mode on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.2+), for playback of advance applications (such as navigation & driver assistant apps) on the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH.
- Lightning Connector iPod/iPhone Model: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; you will need the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) in addition to the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) to connect the Apple device to the Pioneer head unit for audio playback only. You can also access audio/video files and AppRadio Mode from your iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+) using Pioneer's CD-IH202 cable, the Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable, and the Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (all sold separately). Your iPhone 5 will also need to be paired with the Pioneer receiver via Bluetooth. In addition, a Firmware update from Pioneer is required.
Note: Video from your iPod/iPhone device can only be displayed while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
iPod/iPhone Control: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH lets you control your iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen or from the iPod/iPhone's touchscreen, clickwheel, or downloadable app.
- Head Unit: Head Unit mode lets you control your connected iPod/iPhone device from the AVIC-Z150BH's touchscreen. You can browse your iPod/iPhone's music content by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook; and video content by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, TV Show, Rental. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder.
- iPod/App: App Control mode allows you to navigate stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. In addition, you can watch video on the Pioneer A/V receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+) or iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+). Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include; Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next. The App Mode's video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged.
iPod/iPhone Display: The navigation head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information, as well as metadata from Pandora and Advance Apps; including Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to 'basic App mode'. Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 3/26/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||iTunes Taggomg||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App Mode||AppRadio Mode||Pandora||Aha||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
- *Requires the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable and the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (both sold separately).
- **CD-IH202 cable, the Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable, and the Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (all sold separately); requires a Firmware update from Pioneer.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AppRadio Mode: The AppRadio Mode allows you to access your Calendar, Contacts, Maps, Photos and other Advanced Applications from your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, or Android smartphone (using proprietary cable, sold separately) and displays content directly on the Pioneer head unit's larger touchscreen display. The AppRadio mode will even recommend and notify you of the latest compatible apps. Please view the AppRadio Compatible Device List for the latest compatible iPhone 4/4S and Android smartphone information to see if your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, or Android smartphone is compatible. You must initially download the AppRadio App onto your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, or Android smartphone from the iTunes App Store or Google Play App Store. Choose the appropriate cable for your model iPhone or Android smartphone.
- iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.2+): Requires the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) which connects to the 17-pin RGB port on the rear-panel of the head unit.
- iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+): Requires the Pioneer CD-IH202 cable, Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter, and Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable (all sold separately) which connect to the 17-pin RGB port and HDMI port on the rear-panel of the head unit. Your iPhone 5 will also need to be paired with the Pioneer receiver via Bluetooth. In addition, a Firmware update from Pioneer is required.
- Android (2.3+): Requires the Pioneer CD-AH200 Android connectivity kit (sold separately) which connects to the HDMI port and USB (5V/1.6A) port on the rear-panel of the head unit. The Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 requires an additional 3rd party microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin MHL adapter (sold separately; not available at Crutchfield).
Note: You will need to confirm which type of smartphone device you are using for AppRadio mode in the head unit's setup menu.
AppRadio Apps: Pioneer has teamed up with app providers to offer compatibility with many of today's most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an expanding catalog of compatible apps for future use that can be easily & seamlessly added. Visit the Pioneer AppRadio Site for the latest compatible apps. Popular apps include (as of 3/26/2013):
|App Categories||Application Description|
|AUPEO! Personal Radio: AUPEO! Personal Radio offers free online music. With more than 120 Internet radio stations available, users can search for their favorite music by artists, songs, genres, or AUPEO!'s "Mood-Tuner". Users can also choose to "love" or "ban" songs directly from the AppRadio screen, enabling the app to adjust content to the user's personal taste.|
|CarMediaPlayer: CarMediaPlayer allows you to swipe, drag, and directly touch the desired artist, song, or album in your music library directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen with Alphabet Search and Album View function. When you're searching through your library, Alphabet Search allows you to select the first letter in the desired song, album, or artist name from the Pioneer receiver making it quick an easy to get to the music you want. The iPhone version of the app even allows you to play and access your iTunes Match collection directly from the Pioneer's touchscreen.|
|iHeartAuto: The iHeartAuto app offers access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from across the country. Plus, you can create custom stations based on your favorite artists or songs. With the top live radio stations in America and more than 15 million songs in our catalog, iHeartAuto features more music, backed by better music programming, than any other service available.|
|Livio Radio: The Livio Radio app ($4.99) lets you listen to more than 42,000 AM/FM and Internet-only radio streams from around the world. The Livio Radio app has been optimized for use in the vehicle with a range of features an controls right from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen.|
|Rdio: Rdio (from for $4.99 per month) gives you access to over 8 million songs. You are able to search and find any song, album or artist, and start listening immediately. You can search music by new releases and chart toppers. You can also check out what other listeners have been listening to the most, or look at your own recent listening history. In addition, you can even create your own music collection or make your own playlists. Rdio will even recommend music for you, based on your previous music listening. The AppRadio will display Artist,/Album/Song information, as well as Album art.|
|StreamS HiFi Radio: The StreamS HiFi Radio app ($4.99) provides access to more than 4,000 live Internet radio stations from across the globe delivered in AAC/HE-AACv1/HE-AACv2 at 32kbps for high fidelity listening.|
|Google Music: Google Music allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device. gMusic offers full playlist editing, Last.fm scrobbling, thumbs up playlist, metadata editing, and innovative navigation.|
|7digital: 7digital is a leading digital music provider which sells high quality MP3s across 32 countries worldwide. With over 20 million tracks you're sure to find what you're looking for. With this app you can Sync your 7digital music from the cloud to your phone wirelessly, play music that is already stored on your device, and browse top album and track charts, new releases and recommendations right on the screen of the Pioneer navigation receiver.|
|MIXTRAX: Pioneer's proprietary MIXTRAX app from iTunes analyzes the music in your iTunes library to create custom playlists for non-stop song mixes with added DJ effects.|
| N |
|Apple Maps: You can view Apple maps on the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen as you would on your iPhone. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|MotionX-GPS Drive App: The MotionX-GPS Drive App ($0.99) is available from iTunes for your iPhone 4/4S (not compatible w/ iPhone 5). There is a $2.99 per month subscription fee with an additional $19.99 per year for Voice Guidance feature. MotionX-GPS Drive is a complete GPS navigation solution, designed and optimized for the iPhone, that can be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio. MotionX-GPS Drive helps you find what you're looking for and provides turn-by-turn directions with optional Live Voice Navigation, using industry-leading maps (including US and Canada). All the functionality of an advanced dedicated turn-by-turn GPS unit is presented in this intuitive iPhone application. MotionX-GPS Drive Offers full support for the iPhone with multitasking, routing, and live voice guidance instructions continuing in the background; while you listen to streaming music from your car audio system or use other applications from the iPhone. The 2D/3D navigation map will be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio, but you will still control the MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation app from your iPhone.|
|iGO Primo North: iGO primo app ($24.99) is powered by the same tried-and-trusted iGO Engine used in millions of GPS navigation devices around the world. The maps are part of the application so there are no roaming fees and no need for cellular/network coverage. Highlights include - Fast, short, easy-to-follow, and Green routes; automatic route recalculation; multipoint-route support; smart keyboard & history; TTS Pro; in-app shop; local/POI search; and more.|
|NavFree GPS Live: NavFree GPS Live is a free navigation app that offers turn-by-turn directions, voice and on-screen instructions, offline map use, address search, live searches via Google and Microsoft Bing, and many other features. Navfree is a completely free navigation app with no additional monthly charges. It uses map data created by a community of thousands of users around the world. The map gets downloaded to the phone so data connection is not required for navigating.|
|My GPS USA: My GPS USA is the next generation GPS satellite navigation from the makers of NavFree. Full featured with voice guided, turn-by-turn satellite navigation with no hidden costs. It offers a HD live map display with 2D and 3D modes. You can navigate by pinching, swiping and touching. Full voice guidance is available in 12 languages. Multiple Routing Modes include - Fastest, Shortest, Easy, Pedestrian, and Economical Routes. You can even navigate from your Contacts.|
|INRIX Traffic: INRIX is a leading provider of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal navigation. The INRIX Traffic app ($24.95 per year) provides real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways, interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will be displayed on the Pioneer head unit, while control is still handled from the iPhone.|
|Beej!: Beej! is an in-vehicle location/navigation application ($1.99). Beej! quickly identifies your position and allows you to select the nearest bank, bar, gas station, hospital, hotel, restaurant and more. Beej! provides a complete list of all the businesses in the category selected, including the distance from your current location and address, with options to get directions (via MotionX-GPS Drive app) or place a call to the selected business. The layout and aesthetics provide optimal in-vehicle viewing, without becoming a distraction for drivers from safe vehicle operations.|
|Extra Mile: Extra Mile ($1.99) is an all-in-one app for convenient voice navigation that gives audio feedback to improve your driving performance and conserve fuel.|
|EasyCar Touch: The EasyCar app is designed specifically for AppRadio and provides large icons, simple commands, and swipe gestures that enable you to access your iPhone's music, contacts, mapping, and more.|
|Waze: Waze is a cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers. When you download Waze, you not only get a free GPS traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time and gas, and improve everyone's daily commute.|
| D |
|DashCommand: Utilizing the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors of the iPhone, the DashCommand app ($49.99) displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle's OBD-II data port (optional OBD-II interface sold separately from Palmer Performance Engineering), advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the Pioneer head unit's screen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.|
|Best Parking: Best Parking is a parking search engine that steers drivers towards the cheapest and most convenient parking garages and lots in 55 cities and 80 airports.|
|Parkopedia: Parkopedia ($1.99) has grown to cover over 25 million parking spaces in 28 countries around the world thanks to contributions from other drivers. Use this app to find parking using your current location or by entering an address. Get directions straight to the space and see parking space availability in real-time (where available). Find opening hours, up to date prices, payment methods and more. You can quickly narrow down parking choices using filters such as free, credit cards accepted, covered, etc.|
| U |
|CarBrowser: CarBrowser ($1.99) allows you to search and navigate the internet directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.|
|CommuteWX: CommuteWX ($0.99) provides real-time weather information (current/forecast/in-route). Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that's well suited for in-vehicle travel.|
|Contacts: Access your iPhone's contacts. This function is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|Calendar: Access your iPhone's calendar, so you can view important events and reminders. This functionality is bundles with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|Photos: You can view photos stored on your iPhone. Access albums and camera rolls, and even view a slideshows. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
Note: As the library of Advance App compatible applications grows, users will be automatically notified via Pioneer's AppRadio iPhone application, with a link to the respective app(s) page within the App Store.
HD Radio: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multicasting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible analog or HD AM/FM stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from a HD Radio or RDS FM broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
- Supertuner IIID: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- Reception Blending: If a digital broadcast reception condition gets poor, this unit automatically switches to the analog broadcast of the same frequency level. If this function is set to "On", the tuner switches between digital broadcast and analog broadcast automatically. If this function is 'Off', reception will be conducted within an analog broadcast.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest analog or HD stations under presets 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone/Android): The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH allows you to access Pandora & Aha Radio online music services through your iPhone or Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the AVIC-Z150BH via Pioneer's proprietary CD-IU201N (sold separately). Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps/Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH using your cable-connected Apple iPhone (iOS3+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. The AVIC-Z150BH provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- Aha Radio App: The Pioneer navigation receiver offers compatibility with the free Aha Radio app for your cable-connected iPhone (iOS 4.3+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (2.2+); available from iTunes Apps or Google Play. Aha Radio provides you with up to the minute content made available from the convenience of Pioneer head unit's touchscreen controls. Listen to the latest Facebook updates or Tweets from your friends. Listen to thousands of stations that include internet radio, podcasts, and audiobooks. Receive traffic information, restaurants and coffee locations personalized to you instantly, safely, and easily. You can even display POI information from the Aha Radio application on the head unit's map-screen and route to these POIs. An active Aha Radio account is required.
SiriusXM Ready: The AVIC-Z150BH is SiriusXM Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV200, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the navigation receiver and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- The List Menu displays a list of all available channels.
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD touchscreen.
- You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets.
- Direct Tuning lets you select a broadcast channel directly by entering the desired channel number.
- Tune Start allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a preset music channel.
- You can scan through channels within categories or songs from your preset channels. Tune Scan allows you to play back eight seconds of each song in a preset music channel. Category Scan lets you play back five seconds of a live broadcast in the currently selected category.
- When listening to SiriusXM, Content Alerts notify you when your favorite songs, artists, or games involving your favorite sports teams are playing on other channels. The radio will display an Alert message when a matching artist, song, or team is found on another channel. Then you can choose if you want to tune to that channel or ignore the Alert.
- The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your connected iPod/iPhone. The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Multimedia Playback: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH features a front-loading disc slot, as well as a front-panel SD/SDHC memory card slot for playback of audio, video, and photo files. You can also connect a USB mass storage class device via the Pioneer CD-IU201N or CD-IV202NVcable (sold separately).
- Compatible Discs: The disc slot is located behind the head unit's motorized slide-down touchscreen panel. The AVIC-Z150BH supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, and CD-R/RW discs.
- SD Card Slot: The AVIC-Z150BH features a hidden SD card slot (located behind the motorized touchscreen monitor) which will accept SD (up to 2GB) and SDHC (up to 32GB) memory cards.
- Optional USB Port: You can connect a USB mass storage class device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives, via the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately). You will need to disconnect the iPod dock cable from the proprietary Pioneer cable. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a SD/SDHC memory card.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/-RW/-R DL)||Flash Memory (SD/Opt. USB)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, UDF||FAT16/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
8-320kbps bit rate; 16-48kHz sampling rates
8-320kbps bit rate; 16-48kHz sampling rates |
WMA: 5-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
AAC: 8-320 kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
WAV: 8- or16-bit; 16-48k sampling rates
DivX: 720 x 576 max resolution; 4GB max file size
|WMV: 400 x 240
max resolution; 4GB max file size |
H.264: 400 x 240 max resolution; 4GB max file size
MPEG-4: 400 x 240 max resolution; 4GB max file size
|JPEG: max resolution of 8192 x 7680|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files|| |
700 folders/999 files (3,500 files for DVD)
|300 folders/5,000 files|
ID3 tags (ver. 1.0,/1.1/2.2/2.3), WMA-tags, AAC-tags
|ID3 tags (ver. 1.0,/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags|
Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH offers the following playback functions:
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Slow Motion Forward: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you can choose to play back video in slow motion (no audio).
- Repeat Play: Audio/Video content can be repeated. You can choose from Disc (entire disc), Folder (current folder) Chapter (current chapter), Title (current title), Track (current track), File (current file), Folder (current folder), or One (current video/song/track).
- Random (Shuffle) Play: Audio/Video can be played back in a random order. You can choose from Songs (videos/songs in selected list), Albums (videos/songs from selected album), Folder (songs/tracks in selected folder), or Disc (all songs/tracks on disc).
Search Functions: The AVIC-Z150BH provides the following search functions:
- Track Title List: You can select tracks to playback using the track title list which is a list of the tracks recorded on a disc or SD/SDHC memory card.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying playback time.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Skip Search: You can skip to the previous/next track, file, folder, title, or chapter on a disc or SD/SDHC memory card
- Fast Forward/Reverse: You can fast forward/reverse through a current track, file, or title on a disc or SD/SDHC memory card
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVIC-Z150BH.
Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from disc and flash media, the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVIC-Z150BH are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Front & Rear High-Pass Crossovers: The head unit's 12dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
Subwoofer Controls: The subwoofer preamp output features an18dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer. You can also adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+6 to -24).
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 8-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 8-band graphic equalizer (40Hz, 80Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz, and10kHz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's rear-panel AUX 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Sonic Center Control: Sound that is suited for the listening position can easily be created with this function. You can adjust sound more toward the listening position left (7) to right (7).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -8 dB to +8 dB.
Mute/Attenuation Level: You an select the muting/attenuation level of head unit. Choose from Mute (0 volume), -20dB (1/10 volume), or -10dB (1/3 volume).
Key Beep: The in-dash navigation head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Switchable Rear Channel/Subwoofer Speaker Output: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device (a 6.5' AV minijack extension cable provided) There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console.
AV Output (with Dual Zone): The AVIC-Z150BH features a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA audio output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can playback audio/video content from a Disc, your iPod/iPhone, AppRadio Mode, and the AV 1/2 inputs in the rear zone; or you can simply have the rear AV output mirror the head unit's selected source. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
HDMI Input (for AppRadio mode): The Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH is fitted with a rear-panel HDMI input which allows you to access the head unit's AppRadio mode from your connected iPhone 5 or Android smartphone using proprietary Pioneer & Apple accessory adapters (sold separately; see above AppRadio section for details). This HDMI input cannot be used to connect other external AV devices, such as a Blu-ray/DVD player or game system.
Rear View Camera: The AVIC-Z150BH is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input for adding an optional rear camera (130NDBC5, sold separately). When the vehicle put in reverse, the head unit's screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the violet/white wire in the AVIC-Z150BH's harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.2 seconds. In addition to the rear view image, the head unit also provides on-screen parking assist guidelines. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Note: You can also choose to display the rear view camera at all times when monitoring an attached trailer. The navigation map will display in a smaller window on the screen.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.