About the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT
Pioneer's double-sized AVIC-F900BT navigation receiver offers DVD playback, along with a full slate of built-in and expandable features. A built-in MSN® Direct tuner provides real-time traffic and weather reports, along with instant access to movie times, restaurants, and more in most major cities and you'll get a free, three-month membership with the AVIC-F900BT. The 5.8" wide screen offers high-resolution graphics and a user-friendly touch panel interface.
The navigation system stores over 12 million points-of-interest, guiding you to anything from takeout barbecue to the nearest gas station. The system's text-to-speech function announces street names as you go, making it easy to keep track of your location. No need to insert a navigation disc the AVIC-F900BT stores its navigation maps in its flash memory, and its maps can be updated through the memory card slot.
You can make hands-free calls easily, thanks to the built-in Bluetooth® receiver and Pioneer's Conversational Voice Control. The intelligent voice-recognition software recognizes your intent and prompts you for additional information when required. Add a Pioneer iPod® adapter, and you can use voice commands to search your iPod for music by artist, album, genre, and playlist.
You can expand your entertainment possibilities by connecting audio sources through the USB input, SD card slot, or audio/video inputs. Tap into the variety of satellite radio with a Pioneer XM or SIRIUS tuner, or add Pioneer's HD Radio tuner to enjoy the crystal-clear sound quality of HD Radio.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Check out this Pioneer video about the AVIC-F900BT's built-in MSN Direct receiver:
- navigation receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 5.8" touchscreen
- fits double-sized dash openings
- voice control of iPod audio (with optional adapter) and Bluetooth
- built-in MSN Direct data services (three-month trial subscription included), for real-time traffic, weather reports, and more in most major cities (to use MSN Direct services along with an optional HD Radio tuner will require this antenna adapter)
- map coverage of US, Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii, with over 12 million points-of-interest
- plays MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs
- supports video playback from DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, with DivX playback from DVD/CD and MPEG4 playback from USB/SD
- high- and low-pass filters
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 6 preset EQ curves
- bass boost
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling
- compatible with Pioneer iPod adapter, satellite radio, HD Radio tuner
- inputs: USB input, SD card slot, front-panel A/V input, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN CD/Navigation receiver with attached 6.5' USB cable (Type A female connector)
- Wiring harness
- RCA connector harness
- 16.25' Reverse gear signal wire
- 16.25' Speed sensing wire
- GPS antenna with attached 16.25' cable
- Self-adhesive metal sheet (2.75" square)
- 5 Self-adhesive metal clamps
- Waterproof pad
- 8 Pan-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 8 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Microphone with 13' cable (right-angle 2.5mm sub-mini plug)
- Microphone clip
- Adhesive pad
- 5 Self-adhesive cable clips
- Plastic stylus
- Wire splicing clamp
- Owner's Manual
- Installation Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Important Information for the User
- Product Registration sheet
- Safety warning sheet
- iPod users sheet
- Licenses sheet
Pioneer AVIC-F900BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front AV|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||SD/USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.2 volts|
|Key Button Color||32,767 custom colors|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Disc Compatibility: The AVIC-F900BT has a single DVD slot that is compatible with DVD-Video, audio CDs, as well as DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, and CD-R, CD-RW discs loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and DivX files. Discs should be recorded in ISO9660 Level 1 and 2, Romeo, Joliet or UDF 1.02. The unit will accept up to 255 folders and 3500 files.
Compressed Audio on a CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW: This unit can play the following types of compressed files:
- MP3: bit rates of 8 to 320 kbps (CBR), VBR
- WMA: bit rates of 5 to 320 kbps (CBR), VBR
- AAC: bit rates of 16 to 320 kbps (CBR), incompatible with Apple Lossless and files encoded with VBR
- DivX: bit rates of 8 to 320 kbps (CBR), VBR, 720 x 576 pixels, 4GB maximum file size
Conversational Voice Recognition: Pioneer's VoiceBox Conversational Voice Search Platform accepts and recognizes conversational phrases and language and translates them into commands. You don't have to memorize a long list of preset commands in order to operate the unit. The system intelligently filters out superfluous sounds and phrases to accurately recognize the request. If you don't give enough information in the command, the unit will ask additional questions to clarify the request, rather than rejecting it. You can use voice commands to control your iPod or make a hands-free phone call on your Bluetooth phone.
Video Display: This unit is equipped with a fixed 5.8" color TFT active matrix, widescreen LCD that serves as a video monitor and system information display. The display has a 16:9 aspect ratio, and a resolution of 800 x 480 for a total of 384,000 pixels. The higher resolution (compared to many navigation units with 480 x 234 displays) displays sharper, more defined images. The brightness of the video display can be adjusted for best visibility.
Note: To prevent displaying video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire in the supplied 16-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
Touch Screen Controls: This unit has touch screen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The screen is non-glare and smudge-resistant.
Illumination Color Adjustment: The color of the button illumination can be set to virtually any color you desire. You can select from 8 preset colors, or choose a continuous scan of the 8 default colors. You can also create up to 3 custom colors and save them in memory. To create a custom color, you can select a value of between 00 and +32 of Red, Green, and Blue (except for R00, G00, B00). This gives you a choice of 32,767 colors.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVIC-F900BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the AVIC-F900BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Easy EQ Curves: This model features 7 preset EQ curves: Super Bass, Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Custom 1, Custom 2, and Flat. The two Custom curves allow you to create and store EQ settings in memory. You can create a separate Custom 1 curve for each source, while the Custom 2 curve is used for all sources.
3-Band Parametric Equalizer: This unit includes a 3-band parametric EQ with Selectable Q Factor. You may select Low (40Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 160Hz), Mid (200kHz, 500kHz, 1kHz, or 2kHz) and High frequency (3.15kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, or 12.5kHz) to boost or cut within a range of -12dB to +12dB. The Q factor (slope of the boost or cut) may be selected from one of the following four options: N2 (narrow), N1, W1 and W2 (wide). Selecting a narrow (steep) Q factor results in frequencies around the center frequency to be affected less by the boost or cut than they are with a wide Q factor. This feature is useful for taming frequency response problems caused by the dimensions, materials and speaker locations of a vehicle.
Adjustable Loudness: You can select one of three different levels of loudness compensation. A "low" loudness contour provides a +3.5dB boost at 100Hz and +3dB boost at 10kHz. A "mid" boost is +10dB (100Hz) and +6.5dB (10kHz). A "high" loudness contour is +11dB at both 100Hz and 10kHz.
Note: These Loudness contours use a reference volume level of -30dB.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged.
High-Pass Filter: When you don't want sound in the subwoofer frequency range output from the front and rear speakers, you may activate the built-in high-pass filter. You may select a filter frequency of 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 125Hz. The high-pass filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
Subwoofer Preouts: In addition to the front and rear preamp outputs, there is one set of outputs for a subwoofer amplifier that may be turned on or off. When on, the outputs are non-fading, and may be set for normal or reverse phase. The built-in low-pass filter frequency can be set to 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 125Hz. The level of the subwoofer output can be set between -24 to +6. The low-pass filter has a slope of 18dB per octave.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono.
A/V Input: The AVIC-F900BT features an audio/video input (AV1) on the RCA connector harness with an RCA composite video and stereo RCA audio jacks. In the AV Settings menu, you can set the input to one of the following:
- Video: for connecting an external video component with RCA audio and video cables
- iPod: for connecting an iPod using the optional CD-IU230V cable
- EXT: for connecting a Pioneer external unit with the RCA video cable
- Off: No video component is connected
Auxiliary A/V Input: The unit has a front panel 3.5mm mini-jack input (AV2) which can be used with auxiliary audio or AV devices. The AV Settings menu allows you to set the input to Video or Off. The optional CD-RM10 mini-plug-to-RCA AV adapter should be used when connecting an AV device to the unit.
USB Input: The AVIC-F900BT has a USB input on a rear-mounted 6-1/2' pigtail for playing compressed music or video files on a USB storage device, such as a USB thumb drive or USB-based MP3 player. The unit is compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and MPEG4 files. The input is USB 2.0 High Speed, and can accept USB drives up to 2 GB.
SD Memory Card Slot: The unit has a front panel SD Memory card slot that allows you to play compressed music or video files from an SD Memory card or SDHC Memory card of up to 8 GB. You can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and MPEG4 files.
Optional Wired Remote Control: The AVIC-F900BT has a 3.5mm minijack on the rear panel that allows you to use one of the optional Pioneer wired remote controls: CD-MR70 or CD-MR80D (items 130CDMR70 and 130CDMR80).
Optional Steering Wheel Control Compatibility: The unit's 3.5mm wired remote input can be used with the optional PAC SWI-PS steering wheel control interface (item #127SWIPS).
Flash Memory Navigation: Pioneer has taken the entire TeleAtlas database, which previously required two DVDs, and compressed it into a 2 GB internal flash memory. The maps cover the entire United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada. The database provides approximately 12-million points-of-interest in 147 categories throughout the coverage area.
Positioning Technology: The AVIC-F900BT accurately measures your current location by the Global Positioning System, a network of satellites orbiting the earth to give you time and position information. The accuracy of the GPS information depends upon how good the reception is. The unit has an 8-channel GPS receiver with a magnetic antenna included. The AVIC-F900BT also features a speed sensing cable for better accuracy of your vehicle's movement.
Voice Guidance/Text to Speech: In addition to graphical on-screen directions and maps, the AVIC-F900BT provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can choose a male or female voice in English, French, or Spanish. Some of the voices are capable of text-to-speech, announcing the street names along with the turn directions.
AVIC Feeds: You can create custom Points of Interest (POIs) by using the "AVIC Feeds" utility program, available on the Pioneer website (pioneerelectronics.com). Once created, you can store the POI on an external storage device, such as a USB thumb drive or SD card, and upload the information to the unit. Other AVIC Feeds applications include Driving Report and Picture Editor.
MSN Direct Tuner: The AVIC-F900BT comes equipped with a built-in MSN Direct tuner. This allows you to see updated road conditions, search for movie times, find the best gas deals in your area, and get directions. You can also see current conditions and the three-day forecast to better plan your day. When the navigation system receives updated traffic information, it will overlay the traffic information on your map and also display detailed text information when available. The navigation system will take in account the traffic information and try to avoid traffic jams and suggest better routes. The service is available through the MSN Direct data subscription service.
Bluetooth Solution: The AVIC-F900BT is equipped with Pioneer's new Built-in Bluetooth Solution. You can make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver.
Note: Not all Bluetooth-capable phones are compatible.
Microphone: During your wireless phone call, you can talk into the head unit's included microphone, and listen to the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip.
Phone Pairing: Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible cell phones can be registered to this head unit. You can transfer your entire phonebook at a single time to the head unit, which can memorize up to 400 entries per cellular phone.
Echo Cancellation: The receiver offers three levels of Advanced Echo Cancellation to keep phone calls sounding loud and clear.
iPod Compatible: You can directly control your music and videos from the AVIC-F900BT's touch screen with the optional CD-iU230V iPod Audio/Video Direct Cable (130CDIU230). The cable connects the iPod to the unit via USB for control and to the AV1 input for audio and video. The unit is compatible with the iPod nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation), 5th generation iPod, iPod classic (80, 120, and 160GB), iPod touch (1st and 2nd generation), and iPhone/iPhone 3G. Video browsing and iPod album art display are available on the iPod nano (3rd/4th generation), 5G iPod, and iPod classic (80/120/160GB).
Rear View Camera: The head unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera In jack) when a rear camera (such as 130NDBC2) is installed on your vehicle. When the shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera. You can also see the image of the rear view camera during normal driving, allowing you to keep an eye on a trailer or boat you may be towing. Note: The Violet/white wire in the power/speaker harness must be connected to the backup light lead circuit in order for the unit to automatically switch to the camera view when the vehicle is in reverse gear.
Satellite Radio Ready: You can add either XM or SIRIUS satellite radio to the AVIC-F900BT. Up to 18 stations can be set as presets (6 each for 3 XM or SIRIUS bands). The AVIC-F900BT can control optional XM or SIRIUS satellite radio tuners:
- XM: Pioneer GEX-P920XM (130P920XM)
- SiriusConnect Package for Pioneer (700SIRPION)--contains 607SCC1 + 130CDSB10
- SiriusConnect Dock 'n Play receiver + SiriusConnect Vehicle kit (607SCVDOC1) + Pioneer CD-SB10 SiriusConnect interface (130CDSB10)
Note: Subscriptions to XM or SIRIUS are required.
HD Radio Ready: This unit is compatible with the optional Pioneer GEX-P10HD or GEX-P20HD HD Radio tuner, allowing you to tune available AM and FM stations broadcasting in HD. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. The optional HD Radio tuner connects through the IP-BUS interface.
Note: If you add the GEX-P10HD HD Radio tuner and subscribe to MSN Direct, the 12040UV44 antenna Y-adapter is needed.
No Multi CD Control: This unit is not compatible with the Pioneer CDX-P680 or CDX-P1280 multi-disc CD changers.
Front Panel of Head Unit:
- AV-2 Input: 3.5mm minijack terminal--requires the CD-RM10 to connect an external audio/video component
Back Panel of Head Unit:
- Power Supply: 16-pin jack for use with supplied power wiring harness (protected by a 10A mini-ATC fuse)
- A/V In/Out: 24-pin jack for use with supplied A/V
In/Out harness. In addition to preamp outputs, the harness has the following
- Front Output: stereo RCA jacks
- Rear Output: stereo RCA jacks
- Subwoofer Output: stereo RCA jacks (non-fading)
- AV In: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
- Video Output: composite video output for connecting unit to an external monitor
- Rear View Camera In: single RCA jack for use with an optional rear view camera (such as 130NDBC2)
- System Remote Control: blue/white turn-on lead for connected external equipment such as amplifiers (constantly energized as long as ignition switch is on)
- Mute: yellow/black lead to be used with equipment with a mute function, such as a cellular phone
- Digital Output: 3.5mm digital output for connecting an external Dolby Digital surround processor
- IP-BUS In: 11-pin jack that allows you to connect an optional Pioneer device (satellite radio, HD radio, etc.)
- Wired Remote: 3.5mm minijack for use with an optional wired remote (130CDMR70) or steering wheel control interface (127SWIPS)
- Antenna In: female Motorola jack
- USB: female Type A USB connection on a 6-1/2' pigtail
- Microphone In: 2.5mm sub-minijack for connecting the supplied microphone
- GPS: jack for use with supplied GPS antenna