About the Pioneer CD-IU52
If your iPod or iPhone has a Lightning connector, you can use this 20-inch long cable to connect to your Pioneer car stereo and leave the cable that came with your iPod in the house. And you'll enjoy optimal charging speed when your iPod is connected, since this cable is fully compatible with the 1-amp USB outputs on newer Pioneer receivers. This cable only supports audio playback — it will not transfer video to your receiver. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- 20" Lightning-to-USB iPod/iPhone cable (w/ a Lightning-connector on one end and a USB type-A connector on other end)
- Disposal information
Pioneer CD-IU52 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer CD-IU52
Lightning Connector/USB Interface Cable: Use the Pioneer CD-IU52 Lightning/USB interface cable to plug a new iPod, iPhone, or iPad with a Lightning-connector directly into a Pioneer head unit's USB port, and gain full, direct, adapter-free control via the receiver's interface. Enjoy fast charging of your compatible Apple device while the direct digital connection assures you get the utmost sound quality from your stored music and music apps.
iPod Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to your Pioneer head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter. The CD-IU52 supports audio playback of stored music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps on your iPod/iPhone through your compatible Pioneer head unit. You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through your head unit's front-panel controls, from its clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From your Pioneer head unit, you can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook (your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked). Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. In addition, the head unit offers Link Play, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, and Song/Artist/Album name.
- iPod: In iPod mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen, while still being able to view song/artist information on the head unit's LCD.
- App Mode: App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps from your iPhone (iOS 5.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track. The App's Name (i.e. "AUPEO!) and song/artist information will be displayed on the head unit's LCD screen (when applicable, depending on app).
Note: There is no video output.
Pandora App: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through your Pioneer head unit using your connected Apple iPhone, via this Pioneer Lightning/USB interface cable. To access Pandora, you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora Radio application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. In combination with the CD-IU52 cable, your Pioneer head unit will provide control over the Pandora music service and display Artist/Album/Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Shuffle Station List: You can listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- New Stations: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
Charging: This USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer CD-IU52 Lightning/USB cable is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions when connected to a compatible Pioneer head unit (as of 2/19/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Pandora App||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
3 questions already asked