About the Pioneer CD-MU200
Get your Android™ in the game
Get your Android™ in the game
Many new Pioneer receivers support features like Android Auto, MirrorLink, AppRadio, and more. The Pioneer CD-MU200 cable package has a 58" type-A USB extension cable and a 19" type-A USB to type-B microUSB cable so you can connect your Android phone to your receiver and tap into the cool Android functionality built into many current Pioneer models, like MirrorLink, Android Auto, and more. Check "Details" and your receiver for features and compatibility. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
Pioneer CD-MU200 owner's manual
- 58" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end
- 19" USB adapter cable (w/ a male microUSB type-B connector on one end and a male USB type-A connector on other end)
Pioneer CD-MU200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Pioneer CD-MU200
CD-MU200 Interface Cable: The Pioneer CD-MU200 interface cable provides support for Android Auto with 2015-up NEX series receivers. In addition, this cable can be used to connect a MTP or AOA 2.0 enabled Android smartphones to select 2014-up Pioneer CD (DEH/FH-series) and digital media (MVH series) receivers with support for MTP or AOA 2.0. It also enables Android smartphones and MirrorLink compatible smartphones to connect to select 2014-up Pioneer AppRadio, AVH, or NEX series head units for AppRadio One and/or MirrorLink functions.
Head Unit Compatibility: The Pioneer CD-MU200 interface cable is compatible with the following Pioneer AppRadio, AVH, and NEX series head units.
- *AppRadio Series: SPH-DA110 (AppRadio 3), SPH-DA210 (AppRadio 3 w/ DVD), SPHDA120 (AppRadio 4),
- AVH Series: AVH-X1700S, AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, AVH-X5700BHS, AVH-X6700DVD, AVH-X7700BT
- *NEX Series: AVH-4000NEX, AVH-4100NEX, AVH-5000NEX, AVH-5100NEX, AVH-6000NEX, AVH-6100NEX, AVH-7000NEX, AVH-7100NEX, AVH-8000NEX, AVH-8100NEX
- **DEH Series: DEH-X2600UI, DEH-X2700UI, DEH-X3600UI/S, DEH-X3700UI/S, DEH-X4600BT, DEH-X4700BT, DEH-X5600HD, DEH-X5700HD, DEH-X6600BT/BS, DEH-X6700BS/BT, DEHX7600S/HD, DEH-X8600BS/BH, DEH-X8700BH/BS, DEH-X9600BHS
- **MVH Series: MVH-X560BT, MVH-360BT
- **FH Series: FH-X520UI, FH-X720BT
- *2014 Pioneer AppRadio and NEX series head units only support MirrorLink via the CD-MU200 cable. 2015 NEX series receivers supports MirrorLink and Android Auto.
- **Pioneer DEH, MVH, and FH series in-dash CD and digital media receivers only support audio playback via MTP or AOA 2.0, and do not support Android Auto, MirrorLink or AppRadio One.
Compatible Smartphones: The Pioneer CD-MU200 interface cable is supported by select Android smartphones and MirrorLink compatible smartphones.
- Android Smartphones (for AppRadio One): Compatible Android smartphone include Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (OS 4.3), Samsung Galaxy S4/Core 2 Duos (OS 4.4.2), Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (OS 4.2.2), Samsung Galaxy S5 (OS 4.4.3), LG Nexus 5 (OS 4.4.4), Sony Xperia Z2/ZL2 (OS 4.4.2), Sony Xperia Z (OS 4.2.2), HTC One M8 (OS 4.4.4), Motorola Moto G (OS 4.4.4). Click here for the latest compatible Android smartphones tested by Pioneer.
- MirrorLink Smartphones: MirrorLink certified devices include select smartphone manufacturers like Samsung, Sony, Nokia, and HTC. MirrorLink compatible smartphones include Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 4/Edge, Sony Xperia Z, or HTC One M8. Click here for a full list of compatible MirrorLink mobile phones. To use MirrorLink with your Samsung Galaxy S 3, the free "Drive Link" application must be downloaded from Samsung Apps and installed on your compatible Samsung Galaxy S 3 smartphone (running Ice Cream or Jelly Bean OS).
- Android Auto Smartphones: Compatible Android smartphones must be running Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or later.
- MTP Smartphones: Android smartphone (w/ OS 4.0+ [Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean/KitKat]).
microUSB-to-USB Connections: The CD-MU200 includes two interface cable; a 58" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end), and a 19" USB adapter cable (w/ a male microUSB type-B connector on one end and a male USB type-A connector on other end). The 58" USB extension cable's male USB type-A connector plugs into the USB port on the rear-panel of a compatible AppRadio, AVH, or NEX series receiver. The 19" USB adapter cable plugs into the USB extension cable's female USB type-A connector and the female microUSB port of your compatible smartphone.
Android Auto (for 2015-up NEX): The CD-MU200 cable provides Android Auto support with 2015-up Pioneer NEX receivers and compatible Android smartphones. Android Auto extends the Android platform into the car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into simple on-screen cards that appear just when they're needed. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead.
AOA 2.0 + MTP Playback: The CD-MU200 cable enables playback & control of stored music files on your portable USB MTP or AOA 2.0 device, like your newer Android smartphone (w/ OS 4.0+ through a MTP or AOA 2.0 enabled Pioneer receiver.
AppRadio One (for AVH series): AppRadio One, via the CD-MU200 cable, gives you the ability to view and control compatible Android smartphone apps from your compatible Pioneer receiver's touchscreen. You'll need to download Pioneer's AppRadio One app and Pioneer's AppRadioLive app onto your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone. Now that the AppRadio and AppRadioLive apps are downloaded, and your compatible Android smartphone is connected the Pioneer receiver via the CD-MU200 cable, you have access to maps, media, news information, and your events calendar through the receiver's intuitive touchscreen interface.
- Maps: AppRadio One, along with AppRadioLive use the native maps from your smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. Once you select your destination, you'll be guided along your route via an on-screen map and audible voice prompts. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews.
- Media: AppRadio One and AppRadioLive let you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone through the Pioneer DVD receiver. And, you can access over 25 millions songs from your Rdio account. Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- Events: In addition, AppRadio One and AppRadioLive keep you up-to-date on the latest news stories, RSS feeds and weather information with Feedly and Open Weather Map. With text-to-speech technology, the Pioneer receiver will even read you the latest news stories from the internet
- Calendar: The AppRadio One and AppRadio Live applications also keep your life organized and makes it easier to stay in touch and have fun. With multiple viewing options within its sleek, simple user interface, you can access your smartphone and Facebook calendars in one place, RSVP to Facebook events and use EventSeeker to find nearby concerts and events based on your personal interests and location
Note: Your Pioneer in-dash receiver may require a firmware update for AppRadio One compatibility.
MirrorLink (for AppRadio/AVH/NEX series): MirrorLink is an in-vehicle connectivity solution created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC). MirrorLink is integrated into select Pioneer receivers and offers a vehicle-specific interface and connectivity with MirrorLink certified devices from smartphone manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, and HTC. MirrorLink gives you a custom interface so you can access your music, map services, and your phone to make hands-free calls on-the-go. MirrorLink lets you quickly access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as hands-free telephone communication directly from the Pioneer in-dash receiver's touchscreen.
- Music: You can listen to every music file stored in the smartphone. You can search for your music files by Favorites, Playlists, Artists, Albums, or All Songs.
- Location (Drive): You can navigate via Google Maps. You are able to speak and type destinations. The app provides you with an on-screen map screen and audible directions.
- Phone (Call): The app retrieves all contact information stored in the smartphone. You can make and answer phone calls from the head unit's touchscreen, just as you would normally do on your smartphone. The head unit will even read aloud text messages and let you reply.
17 questions already asked