About the Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D4200F
Pure power from Pioneer
Pure power from Pioneer
Pioneer Class FD amplifiers offer the superior performance of ICEpower digital amplifier technology, along with the cool operation of a Class D design.
Flexible 4-channel or 2-channel operation
The Stage 4 PRS-D4200F 4-channel amplifier delivers 75 watts RMS per channel, ideal for driving high-quality components or your front and rear speakers. Switch over to 2-channel mode, and the amp will send 300 watts RMS per channel to a pair of subs. The PRS-D4200F uses ICEpower amp circuitry to deliver excellent sound quality and strong bass response. Built-in high- and low-pass filters allow you to adjust the amp's output to maximize speaker efficiency.
You'll find many innovations in this amplifier that were developed exclusively by Pioneer. Custom-made power supply capacitors keep output stable when you're driving the amp hard, and allow the amp to reproduce sudden peaks without distortion.
Heavy-duty, gold-plated block terminals accept your power, ground, and speaker wiring all terminals and connections are located on one side for easy installation. The PRS-D4200F offers speaker- and preamp-level inputs, so you can connect easily to almost any system.
Class FD amplifier design
The PRS-D4200F uses a Class FD design that combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the extreme accuracy of ICEpower technology. The Class FD circuitry compares the amplified signal to the original input signal, making corrections instantly so you hear clean, accurate sound.
Pioneer's Stage 4 System
Check out all the products in Pioneer's Stage 4 System, including receiver, speakers, subs, and amps.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (40-500 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- MOSFET output power and custom-made power capacitors
- ICEpower IC chip and Class FD circuitry
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 11-7/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PRS-D4200F
What's in the box:
- Class-D 4-channel amplifier
- Two 9.5" Speaker-to-RCA adapters
- 4 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 30mm)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D4200F reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D4200F
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Included adapters|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Pioneer PRS Series: The Pioneer PRS series amplifiers cleanly amplify the music signal, free of distortion or added color.
Class FD ICEpower Amplifier: This Class-FD (Full Range Class-D) ICEpower amplifier combines ultra-efficient Class-D circuitry and ICEpower digital amplifier technology for cleaner, truer sound quality featuring tight bass with minimal lag effect and crisp, airy mids and highs. Another benefit of the Class FD design, is that it consumes far less current than traditional amplifier designs. This results in less draw on your vehicle's alternator. It also allows for a compact chassis (heatsink) that takes up less space and provides more installation flexibility.
2-Ohm Stable: The amp can be connected to loads with impedances as low as 2 Ohm. The lower the impedance, the higher the power output:
- 75 watts x 4-channels in 4-ohms
- 150 watts x 4-channels in 2-ohms
- 300 watts x 2-channels in 4-ohms (Bridged)
Independent Signal Circuitry: The PRS series amplifiers feature Left and Right independent signal circuitry that eliminates signal interference between the channels and achieves excellent channel separation throughout a wider frequency range.
Custom-Made Power Supply Capacitor Bank: In the quest for optimal bass, Pioneer focused on the PRS amplifier's power handling. With a high-capacity, custom-made capacitor bank adapted to the power supply section, this amp supplies power with rock-solid stability, and does an excellent job of reproducing low-frequency sound.
Controls: The PRS-D4200F is equipped with independent settings for the front and rear channels of amplifier. The following controls and switches are found on the top of the amplifier under a removable aluminum cover-plate:
- Input Switch: The amplifier's input switch allows you to select between inputting an audio signal from a car stereo's RCA preamp output (using optional RCA cable) or a car stereo speaker output (using supplied RCA-to-Speaker adapter).
- Gain: A rotary control (6.5V to 0.4V) to set the input sensitivity of the amp.
- Variable Crossover: The amplifier is equipped with a low-pass and high-pass crossover filter which can be set between 40 and 500Hz. The amplifier's crossover can also be turned off for full-range operation.
Connections: All of the amp's connections are located on one side of the amplifier. The connections include:
- Fuses: two 30A ATO fuses
- Power: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- System Control: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 10 gauge wire
- Ground: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- Inputs: 2 pair of stereo RCA jacks for line-level input signal (can be used for speaker-level input with included Low-to High-level adapters)
- Output: 1 pair of stereo RCA jacks for daisy-chaining and external amplifier.
- Speaker Outputs: set screw terminals capable of accepting up to 8 gauge wire