About the Pioneer DEH-P9800BT
Today's car stereos can be about more than just music. Take Pioneer's DEH-P9800BT CD/MP3 player, for instance. It's packed with all the high-end audio features you'd expect from Pioneer like MP3, WMA, and AAC file playback, digital sound processing, and a 16-band equalizer. But this stereo also comes loaded with a built-in Bluetooth wireless receiver that allows you to use your cell phone hands-free without installing any extra gear.
The Bluetooth connection lets you place and receive calls without taking your Bluetooth compatible cell phone out of your bag one quick setup when you first install the stereo ensures that your phone will initialize automatically from then on.
Use the included microphone to ask the DEH-P9800BT to dial a number for you, while Auto Answering allows you to pick up calls without taking your hands off the wheel. Download your phone book into the stereo so you can scroll through and even search contacts right from the dash.
The striking, full-color display on the DEH-P9800BT's motorized faceplate will ensure that everything looks great, too. Customize the display with your own images using the included software, or just let the bright, crisp screen show off two lines of track and artist information in style.
If MP3, WMA, and AAC file format playback isn't enough for you, add Pioneer's optional CDIB100 adapter to control and charge your iPod right from the stereo. The same connection can also handle a satellite radio or Pioneer CD changer, and you also get an auxiliary input for any other external source you might have in mind.
Three sets of preamp outputs send a powerful signal to your external amps and subs. You even get a full-function remote so your passengers can control playback from anywhere in the car.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with built-in MOSFET50 amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files except Digital Rights-protected files)
- slide-down motorized face with customizable full-color Organic EL display
- Rotary Commander control knob
- remote control
- Digital Sound Processor with 16-band graphic EQ and time alignment
- loudness (3 levels)
- Auditory User Interface
- 24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- Bluetooth receiver built in (includes hands-free microphone)
- compatible with Pioneer iPod adapter
- satellite radio-ready (tuner, antenna, and XM or SIRIUS service subscription required)
- auxiliary input (rear 3.5mm mini jack)
- CD changer controls
- three sets of 5-volt preamp outputs
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
Other features and specs:
- Supertuner IIID
- seek tuning
- CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio: 94 dB
- FM sensitivity: 8 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DEH-P9800BT
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver
- Wireless remote control (CXC5715)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- Trim ring
- Hard plastic face case
- Wiring harness with in-line 10-amp ATM mini fuse
- Preamp output harness
- Bluetooth microphone with 13.5' cable attached
- Microphone mounting bracket
- Two sided adhesive pad
- 2 Extraction keys
- Rear support screw
- Rubber bushing
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws
- 4 Countersunk ISO-mount screws
- Face fixing screw
- 5 Adhesive backed microphone cable clips
- Operation Manual (English/French)
- Installation Manual (English/French)
- Warranty information (English/French)
- Warning sheet concerning installation safety
- Sheet about the Demo Mode
Pioneer DEH-P9800BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DEH-P9800BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||50-15kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Display Color||Organic EL|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Full Color OEL Display: The full color OEL (Organic Electro-Luminescent) display features 65,000 colors for incredible brightness, clear readability, wide-angle viewing and full-motion 3D graphics. In addition to the built-in images and graphics, you can download software from a special Pioneer website that will allow you to edit and create your own graphic displays from JPEG, BMP, or PNG images. Because OEL creates its own electro-luminescent light, its brightness is resistant to washing out in sunlight. The display is 256 x 64 pixels.
Entertainment Display Modes: You can choose from the following Entertainment Display Modes:
- Standard: moving lines and boxes with changing background color
- Visualizer: In Visualizer mode, you can select one of the following backgrounds: Visualizer 1 (palm trees swaying), Visualizer 2 (bubbles), or Visualizer 3 (moving bars with changing colors), Visualizer 4 (rotating starburst), Visualizer 5 (passing scenery from a vehicle), Visualizer Random (repeating Visualizers 1-5)
- Level Meter: dual VU meters
- Spectrum Analyzer: vertical 13-band spectrum analyzer
- Vehicle Dynamics: Vehicle Dynamics 1 (Battery voltage, Tachometer, and Level gauges), Vehicle Dynamics 2 (analog and digital tachometers with moving pistons in the background), Vehicle Dynamics 3 (digital voltmeters and tachometer)
- Movie: looping 8-second movie clip
- Clock: clock and date displayed
- Slideshow: rotating slide show with different transitions
- Custom: more pictures and animation can be downloaded from Pioneer's website, you can also download software and use your own pictures and video to create displays
Multi-language Display: The screen displays and menus can be displayed in English, French, or Spanish.
Ever Scroll: When Ever Scroll is set to On, CD text or iPod information scrolls continuously in the display. When turned off, the information scrolls only once.
Display Brightness: The display brightness can be adjusted from 0 to 31.
Burr Brown D/A Converter: The DEH-P9800BT uses a 24-bit Burr Brown digital-to-analog converter for superb sound.
Auto Dimmer Feature: When the Dimmer Feature is activated, the display will automatically dim when the vehicle's headlights are turned on. The orange/white wire labeled "Illumination" must be connected to the vehicle's light circuit in order for the Dimmer Feature to work.
Demo Modes: This unit has a Reverse Demo Mode and a Feature Demo Mode. In Reverse Demo Mode, if you do not perform an operation for a period of 30 seconds, the display begins reversing colors. It continues reversing colors every 10 seconds. When the unit is turned off with the ignition on, the Feature Demo Mode is activated. The Feature Demo Mode displays the unit's different features and capabilities using moving graphics. Both demo modes can be temporarily canceled with a single button push, or turned off in the Initial Settings menu.
Rotary Commander: The large rotary knob on the front panel is a 7-way control that can operate about 90% of the unit's functions and features. The knob can be rotated clockwise and counterclockwise, pressed in, and tilted up, down, left, and right. This feature allows you to easily scroll through files and folders on your MP3/WMA/AAC CDs as well as a connected iPod (via the optional iPod adapter).
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band.
MP3/WMA/WAV Playback: This unit can play MP3, WMA, and WAV files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. MP3 files with a bit rate from 8-320 kbps, WMA files with a constant bit rate from 48-320 kbps, and WMA files with a variable bit rate from 48-384 kbps are supported. The unit is compatible with ID3 Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments. Up to 8 directories, 99 folders and 999 files per disc are recognized by this unit.
iTunes AAC Playback: The DEH-P9800BT can play CDs with AAC files ripped using Apple's iTunes Media Player Version 4.8 and earlier. This unit can play AAC files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. AAC files with a transmission rate from 16-320 kbps are supported.
Note: This unit can play "unprotected" AAC files ripped into iTunes, but it cannot play the "DRM-protected" AAC files downloaded from the online iTunes Music Store.
Rear Mounted Auxiliary Input: This unit has a 3.5mm mini jack auxiliary input located on the back of the unit. This AUX 1 input must be turned on in the Initial Settings menu before it can be selected as a source. Once AUX 1 is selected as a source, you can change the source display of the input to any 8 character name. A second auxiliary device can be connected to this unit when an optional adapter is connected to the IP-Bus connector on the rear panel. This auxiliary input (known as AUX 2) must also be turned on, and an 8-character name for the input can be stored in memory. See below for more information on the 2nd Auxiliary Input.
Time Alignment/Seat Position: The receiver has a built-in DSP (digital signal processor) with time alignment for optimum imaging. You can select the Time Alignment mode depending upon the type of vehicle: Sedan, Wagon, Mini-Van, SUV, or Custom. When custom is selected, you can enter the distance from your seat to the front left, front right, rear left, rear right, subwoofer left, and subwoofer right speakers. After the selection is made, the DSP aligns the output of each speaker so the audio reaches your ears at precisely the correct time. For best stereo image, you can also select a seat position of front left, front right, front or all.
EEQ (Easy EQ): The DEH-P9800BT is equipped with a 16-band graphic EQ with the following center frequencies: 20Hz, 31.5Hz, 50Hz, 80Hz, 125Hz, 200Hz, 315Hz, 500Hz, 800Hz, 1.25kHz, 2kHz, 3.15kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 12.5kHz, and 20kHz. There are 5 preset EQ settings: Powerful, Super Bass, Vocal, Natural, and Flat; plus Custom 1 and Custom 2. You can adjust the equalizer curve of the Powerful, Super Bass, Vocal, and Natural presets between -6 and +6. With Custom 1 or Custom 2, you can independently adjust the level of each band from -6 to +6.
Loudness Levels: Loudness compensates for deficiencies in the low and high frequencies at low volumes. When activated, Loudness applies +10dB @100Hz and +6.5dB at 10kHz.
BBE: BBE can reproduce sound very close to the original through phase compensation, high-frequency delay, and amplitude deviation during playback. It makes your music sound like a live performance. You can set the level of BBE from -4 to +4.
Compression and BMX Functions: Using the "COMP" (compression) and "BMX" (Bit Media eXpander) functions, you can adjust the playback quality of the CD player. Each function may be set to one of two levels or off. The "COMP" function compresses the audio signal to eliminate distortion caused by the imbalances between the loudest and softest sounds when played at high volumes. The "BMX" function controls sound reverberations to give playback a fuller sound.
High Pass Filter: If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the speakers, you can independently turn on the High Pass Filters for the front and rear outputs (front and rear have separate crossovers). The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency (50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz,100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, or 200 Hz) and slope (-6dB, -12dB, or Pass). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers. You can also vary the output of the front and rear channels independently from 0 to -24.
Subwoofer Output: The unit has a dual RCA subwoofer output which can be turned on or off. When turned on, this output has a low-pass filter with selectable cutoff frequencies (50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz,100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, or 200 Hz), phase adjustment (normal/reverse), output level (+6 to -24), and slope (-6dB, -12dB, or -18dB).
Rough Search: You can switch the search method between fast forward/reverse and "Rough" in which the unit searches every 10 tracks. If there are less than 10 tracks on the disc, the unit will jump to the last track.
AGC (Automatic Gain Control): The CD mechanism has a built-in Automatic Gain Control, which adjusts 7 different settings each time a CD is inserted to prevent the disc from skipping.
Auditory User Interface (AUI): Confirmation tones alert you to what the receiver is doing without you having to look at the display. The AUI has 4 different sounds (for ON, function, select, and, when used with the Bluetooth wireless technology, a ring alert.) You can adjust the volume of the AUI from 0 to 12.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4dB to +4dB.
Disc Naming: You can use the disc title input feature to store up to 48 CD titles in the unit's memory. Each title can be up to 10 characters long. If a CD changer that supports disc title is added, up to 100 CD titles can be added.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the Source button turns off audio output, but the clock display remains on. When the Clock Display has not been turned on, pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely. The unit's button illumination stays on if the illumination and accessory wires are powered.
Detachable Face Security: This unit features a motorized "flap-face" front panel with Detachable Face Security. If the front panel is not detached from the head unit within five seconds of turning off the ignition, a warning tone will sound, and the face will fold down. The warning tone can be turned off in the menu, if desired. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired. A hard plastic face case is included with this unit.
Muting/Attenuation: Sound from this unit is muted or attenuated automatically when the signal from a device with the mute function is received. Sound returns to normal when the mute/attenuation signal is canceled. The muting feature must be turned on in the initial settings. You can switch between muting or attenuation, whichever you desire. Note: The yellow/black wire in the wiring harness must be connected to the cell phone or other automatic muting device.
Wireless Remote Control: The DEH-P9800BT comes with a wireless remote control (CXC5715). The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause the CD, change the display, and adjust the audio. In addition, the numeric keypad on the remote allows you to select tracks and radio presets directly. The attenuator button allows you to quickly lower the volume by about 90%, a function that cannot be performed from the front panel.
Optional Wired Remote Control: The head unit has a 3.5mm mini-jack on the back panel for connecting an optional wired remote control, such as the CD-MR70 or CD-MR80 (130CDMR70 or 130CDMR80). You can also plug in the PAC SWI-PS adapter (127SWIPS) to interface the factory steering wheel or rear seat radio controls of many vehicles to this receiver. Please consult "What Fits My Car" to find out if your vehicle is compatible with the adapter.
2nd Auxiliary Input Ready: In addition to the rear mini-jack Aux input (AUX 1), you can connect a second auxiliary component by connecting an IP-Bus/RCA connector. The CD-RB10 lets you connect one auxiliary component, and the CD-RB20 lets you connect an auxiliary component and a CD changer via the IP-Bus connector on the back of the head unit. The 8-character name of the connected auxiliary component can be entered into memory, and will appear as you cycle through the sources.
Bluetooth: The DEH-P9800BT has Bluetooth hardware built in to integrate with Bluetooth enabled cellular phones and audio players. Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive cell phone calls, and listen to a Bluetooth audio device.
- Phone: Up to five phones can be registered with the DEH-P9800BT, three user phones and two guest phones. It can be set to automatically connect to a registered phone whenever the phone comes within range. Once the phone connection is made the head unit stays in phone standby mode, and is ready to receive calls while you listen to other sources. A phone EQ curve is used when making and receiving calls. You can dial out using your phone book or call history, dial directly using the numeric keypad on the remote, create a list of up to ten preset numbers, or use voice activated dialing if your phone is so equipped. You can answer incoming calls manually or automatically, or set the unit to automatically reject all incoming calls.
- BT Audio:
In addition to Bluetooth phones, the DEH-P9800BT supports Bluetooth equipped
audio players. You can connect wirelessly and listen to the player, and in
some cases control the player as well.
Note: Not all Bluetooth-enabled phones are compatible.
Satellite Radio Ready: You can connect and control an external satellite radio tuner. The head unit is compatible with the Terk XMDirect/Pioneer package (700XMPIONE) or the GEX-P920XM (130P920XM) Pioneer XM receiver. For Sirius, you can connect the Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio tuner (130SIRPNR2). A subscription to XM or Sirius, plus the proper antenna is required in order to receive satellite radio programming. The satellite radio tuners connect via the IP-Bus connector on the back of the head unit.
HD Radio Ready: This unit is compatible with the optional Pioneer GEX-P10HD HD Radio tuner (item number 130GEXP10H), allowing you to tune available HD Radio stations. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. The GEX-P10HD connects through the IP-BUS interface.
iPod Adapter Ready: The Pioneer CD-IB100ii iPod adapter (130IB100ii) allows you to play and control your iPod, iPod mini, or iPod nano, and view album, artist, and other information on the head unit's display. The adapter allows you to perform multiple search functions; including playlist, genre, artist, album, or song searches. You can switch between the following displays: Album title, Song Title, Artist Name, Artist Name with Album Title, Song Title with Artist Name, Song Title with Album Title, and a Simple display. While connected, the iPod adapter also charges the iPod's battery. The adapter works with all "Dock Connector"-equipped iPods, and connects to the head unit via the IP-Bus connector.
TV Tuner/DVD Control: You can connect and control with this unit an external TV tuner, or a single or multi-disc DVD player, through the IP-Bus connection. It is compatible with the Pioneer GEX-P5700TV TV Tuner (130P5700TV), the SDV-P7 single disc DVD player, and the XDV-P90 6-disc DVD/CD changer.
IP-Bus Changer Controls: The DEH-P9800BT is equipped with IP-Bus control, which allows you to connect and control other Pioneer components. You can add a multi-disc CD changer, a satellite radio receiver, an auxiliary input adapter, or an iPod adapter.You can add an IP-Bus-compatible 6-disc or 12-disc Pioneer CD changer, and control it from the head unit. The unit feature the following CD-changer features.
- ITS (Instant Track Selection) Programming: The ITS function can be used to program automatic playback of up to 99 tracks per disc for up to 100 discs. With changers sold before the CDX-P1250 and CDX-P650, up to 24 tracks can be stored in the playlist.
- Direct Disc Selection: You can directly select discs 1-6 by pressing the corresponding button number on the front panel or remote. Discs 7-12 can be selected by pressing and holding the corresponding button number, such as button 1 for disc 7, etc.
- CD Track Scan: The beginning of each track on the selected disc plays for about 10 seconds before moving onto the next track and continues until you make your selection.
- CD Text Display: When used with a CD Text-compatible Pioneer CD changer, this unit will display the titles of CD Text encoded discs that are played in the changer. When playing a CD Text disc on a CD Text compatible changer, you cannot switch to the Disc Title Input mode. CD Text disc titles, artist names and track titles longer than 8 characters may be scrolled once to reveal the entire string of text by holding down the Display button.
- CD Sound Quality Adjustment: Using the "COMP" (compression) and "DBE" (dynamic bass emphasis) functions, you can adjust the playback quality of the changer. Each function may be set to one of two levels or off. The "COMP" function compresses the audio signal to eliminate distortions caused by the imbalances between the loudest and softest sounds when played at high volumes. The "DBE" function boosts bass frequencies to give your music a more full sound.
Note: For these functions to work, they must be supported by the Pioneer CD changer.