About the Pioneer DEQ-7600
If there's just one thing you should know about Digital Signal Processing, (DSP) it's this: It can make your car sound like a concert hall. Or a jazz club. Or even Yankee Stadium. (Or Shea Stadium we don't care how you feel about the Yankees, we just care about making your car sound better.)
The Pioneer DEQ-7600 takes the same digital technology that makes CDs sound so terrific, and uses it to broaden the possibilities of your car stereo. Not only will you gain the advantages of an on-board equalizer, you'll also be able to choose among user-adjustable and preset soundfields to actually recreate different acoustic environments, right in your vehicle.
This full-DIN, 15-band digital EQ offers five DSP soundfields, plus five preset and three programmable EQ curves. You also get a 4-mode listening position switch to adjust your soundstage and a spectrum analyzer to give you a light show with a moment-to-moment view of your system's response curve. Three sets of preamp ouputs wth a built-in subwoofer crossover help you configure your multi-amp system.
If you're planning on installing the DEQ-7600 under your dash, we'll send you a free mounting kit. Just add item #120999000 to your order.
Important Note: This unit has no built-in amplifier must be used in conjunction with one or more external amplifiers.Details:
- 15-band digital EQ offers +/- 15dB gain, 3 user presets and 5 factory presets (Rock, Pop Vocal, Jazz, Hip Hop)
- 5 soundfields (Studio, Club, Jazz Club, Concert Hall, Stadium)
- 4-mode Listening Position Selector (Front Left, Front Right, Front, All)
- 1 set of preamp inputs
- 3 sets of preamp outputs (Front, Rear, Subwoofer)
- selectable low-pass crossover for subwoofer output at 50, 80 and 125 Hz with an 18 dB/slope
- 15-band spectrum analyzer
- memory backup retains settings for 3 days if your battery dies or is disconnected
- signal-to-noise ratio 91 dB
- THD 0.01%
- 7-3/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 6-3/16"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- 15-Band EQ/DSP w/ 1 pair 6" RCA inputs attached
- Trim ring
- Metal strap w/ screw and bolt
- ISO screws
- Release pin
- 2 DIN tools
- Rubber bushing
- Operation Manual
- Installation Manual
- Warranty card
- Wiring harness w/ 4-amp fuse and resistor
Pioneer DEQ-7600 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DEQ-7600
Display: The DEQ-7600 features a 15-band, 7 mode spectrum analyzer with a large, multi-colored (blue, green, brown) display. The seven display modes are:
- Peak Bound Display: Shows average and peak levels
- Peak Display: Shows peak levels
- Simple Level Display: Shows 125 Hz level
- Symmetric Display: Shows music level for each frequency by width
- Radial Display: Displays level in a radial shape
- Sub-woofer Display: Shows subwoofer level by changing speed
- Graphic Equalizer Display: Shows current EQ curve
Controls: This unit has volume, balance and fader controls adjustments through the EQ.
Listening Position Adjustment: The Listening Position Adjustment improves imaging and can be fine tuned using the fader and balance controls on the EQ. Listening position settings include:
Sound Fields: The DEQ-7600 features 5 selectable sound fields:
- Studio: Simulates the acoustics of a small mixing room
- Jazz Club: Simulates the acoustics of club with seating for 50-100 people
- Club: Simulates the acoustics of club with seating for 200-300 people
- Concert Hall: Simulates the acoustics of a concert hall with seating for 1000-2000 people
- Stadium: Simulates the acoustics of an outdoor stadium with an echo sound
- Off: Turns off the sound field effects
Sound Field Control Fader: When used with a sound field, this fader allows you to move your seating position forwards and backwards.
Selectable EQ Effect: You can select the speakers which are equalized, choosing front, rear or both.
Preset EQ Curves: This unit has 5 preset EQ curves:
- Hip Hop
Note: You may also create 3 EQ curves to be stored in memory (U1-U3).
EQ Curve Adjustments: The selected EQ curve can be adjusted by:
- Nuance control (allows EQ of -6 to 6 for each curve)
- Each of the 15 EQ bands can be adjusted by 12 dB (+/-6dB)
- Flat: Pressing one button to reset to a flat curve.
Reset/Clear Button: The reset/clear button is located on the front right hand corner of the EQ.
Dimmer: The display automatically dims when vehicle's headlights are turned on. You can switch this off so display does not dim.
Size: This is a full DIN component that is E, I and J sized. The dimensions are:
|Euro-DIN (E)||ISO-DIN (I, J)|
DAC: The built-in 1-bit Digital-to-Analog converter features 8 times oversampling.
Memory Backup: The DEQ-7600 retains settings with no power for up to approximately 3 days.
Volume Settings: When used with a Pioneer receiver, the volume should be set to 23. If the receiver's output is over 500mV, it's volume level should be lowered to a point where it does not cause distortion.
Maximum Output Level: The maximum output level is 1.5V at 1kHz at 1%THD.
Remote Control Compatible: The DEQ-7600 does not include a remote control, but is compatible with remotes that are included with some Pioneer receivers. In order for a Pioneer receiver remote to operate this EQ, it must include a DSP switch. The optional CD-R600 remote is also compatible with this unit.
- Inputs: One pair of male RCA plugs
- Outputs: Three pairs of female RCA jacks (front, rear and subwoofer)
- Subwoofer Output:
- Can be turned On or Off
- You can adjust the cut-off frequency, choosing 50Hz/80Hz/125Hz. Slope is -18dB/Octave
- Output can be adjusted by 12dB (-6 to +6) in 1dB steps