About the Pioneer DMH-1770NEX
Pioneer piles on the features
Pioneer piles on the features
Looking for a convenient gateway to entertainment, communication, and much more? Pioneer's DMH-1770NEX digital multimedia receiver delivers the goods to your fingertips with a capacitive 6.8" touchscreen that responds to your touch like a smartphone does. It lets you take advantage of your digital music files, streaming services, and apps, along with song-sculpting tools to help everything sound great. It works with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ for seamless integration with your smartphone, and it lets you take advantage of your digital music files, streaming services, and apps, along with song-sculpting tools to help everything sound great.
Friendly with your phone
With your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone connected to the DMH-1770NEX via USB, you'll gain a variety of apps that are simple to switch between, whether you're using this radio's 6.8" touchscreen or voice control:
- Android Auto: If connect an Android device, Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at https://www.android.com/auto.
- Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
- USB Mirroring: With select Android devices you can see your phone's display on the receiver's screen
- Phone swapping: If your family includes both iPhone and Android users, you simply plug in the phone you want to use without having to choose a particular input or adjust menu settings for control.
- Siri Eyes Free: With your compatible iPhone, you can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality with just a touch, using your voice to place calls, select music, hear notifications, add reminders, or even compose and listen to text messages.
- Google Voice: Android users can employ vocal commands using Google Voice to get stuff done without taking their hands off the wheel.
Ready for satellite radio
SiriusXM satellite radio offers an unparalleled selection of music, news, sports, and entertainment programming that you can enjoy wherever your travels take you. The DMH-1770NEX is SiriusXM-ready®, so all you need is a subscription and a SiriusXM tuner to experience the awesomeness.
Thanks to Bluetooth, this Pioneer features hands-free calling with your compatible phone, plus the ability to wirelessly stream and control music from all the phones in your family. Use Siri Eyes Free voice control, with your compatible iPhone, to place calls, select music, hear notifications, add reminders — even compose and listen to text messages. And don't forget about the included remote control!
Have a viewing party
Add an optional rear-view camera to see what's behind you on this 6.8" touchscreen when you shift into reverse. You can elect to enable parking guide lines with compatible cameras. And when you're parked, the receiver's touchscreen plays video content in bright, clear detail. You can also keep your passengers entertained by sending video from the receiver to a rear-seat screen.
A sonic upgrade
The list of audio controls includes a 13-band graphic equalizer and bass boost, along with built-in high- and low-pass filters. With playback capability of high-res FLAC files up to 192kHz/24-bit, you'll get a sonic improvement that will knock your ears for a loop.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play discs)
- 6.8" capacitive touchscreen
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- multi-color illumination
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- wireless remote control
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Android Auto compatible
- USB Mirroring for select Android phones
- built-in iPhone/iPod control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- Siri Hands Free compatible for use with iPhones
- Google Voice compatible for use with Android phones
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV music files
- plays lossless FLAC audio files up to 192kHz/24-bit
- 13-band graphic equalizer
- 7 EQ curve presets
- high- and low-pass filters
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner
- inputs: rear USB port, rear-view camera input, rear 3.5mm A/V input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- built-in internal amp (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMH-1770NEX
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver(10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- AV/Preout harness
- Aux-in harness
- Camera/SWC harness
- SiriusXM harness
- 58" USB extension cable
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angled 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- 6 Counter-sunk ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Installation Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Sheet
Pioneer DMH-1770NEX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DMH-1770NEX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|iPhone||5S and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||13 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC,WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (192kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Apple CarPlay: CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your Apple iPhone in your vehicle. CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on the display of the in-dash receiver. You can use the head unit's touchscreen or your voice and Siri to get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music - all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road. You'll need to connect your compatible iPhone 5S or newer (running iOS 7.1+) to the head unit's rear-panel USB port using the included 58" USB extension cable, and an Apple Certified USB-to-Lightning cable.
- Maps: Apple Maps will be mirrored on the screen, including traffic information and estimated time to destination. Use the head unit's touchscreen or ask Siri to get turn-by-turn directions. You can search by address, favorites, recents, points-of-interests, and more. CarPlay can even predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. You can also choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their won proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: Use the head unit's touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemail messages. Caller ID information will be displayed on the receiver's touchscreen. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Messages: Ask Siri to send, read, and reply to text messages. This hands-free operation minimizes distraction and allows you to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music: You can access music by artist, song, playlist, and more through the receiver's touchscreen or via Siri. The receiver will display artist/song/album information (including album art in the background). You can access your iPhone's iTunes music library, as well as Apple Music. In addition, you can access other music apps that you have on your iPhone; including Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, & more.
- Apple HomeKit: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Other Applications: In addition to navigation and music apps, Apple CarPlay supports a variety of other applications ranging from Podcasts, Audiobooks, Sports, News, Weather, and More.
- Use the included USB extension cable and an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB extension cable (up to 6') for connection. Any other USB extension cable or non-certified cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone
Android Auto: Android Auto brings the most useful apps of your Android smartphone to the Pioneer in-dash receiver, making it easier for you to keep your main focus on driving. You can control things like navigation maps, phone calls, text messages, music, and more using the head unit's touchscreen or your voice and Google Assistant. With large touchscreen icons, a simplified user interface, and the Google Assistant, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. To use Android Auto, you'll need an Android smartphone running OS Lollipop (6.0 or newer). The compatible Android smartphone must be connected to head unit's rear-panel USB port and paired via Bluetooth. Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible
- Google Assistant: With Google Assistant on Android Auto, you can keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel while using your voice to help you with your daily commute. Simply say, "Ok Google" or press the mic button to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Navigation Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. You can use the unit's touchscreen or Google Assistant to select your destination and route. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Calls & Messages: Android Auto's Google Assistant lets you stay connected while you're driving. The Google Assistant lets you use voice commands to call phone numbers and your favorite contacts, as well as read-reply-send text messages; all while keeping your hands on the wheel.
- Music Apps: Android Auto gives you access to your Android smartphone's music library via YouTube Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen or the Google Assistant to select songs, artists, albums, or playlists. You also get access to select music apps on your Android smartphone; including Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Use the included 58" USB extension along with your Android smartphone's USB cable (no longer than 6'). Any other USB extension cable cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
Android Mirroring: In addition to Android Auto, you are able to mirror the screen of your Android smartphone (OS 5.0 to 10.0) on the DMH-17700NEX's touchscreen monitor through its rear-panel USB connection and the Autolink App (requires your vehicle's parking brake to be engaged). You'll be able to operate compatible Android applications with finger gestures such as tapping, dragging, scrolling, or flicking the touchscreen monitor of the Pioneer digital multimedia receiver.
- Android Mirroring and the Autolink App only support Android OS devices running OS 5.0 to 10.0; not compatible with newer Android operating software.
- Android mirroring requires that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.
- The supported touchscreen gestures may vary depending on the compatible Android application.
- USB Mirroring is not supported for Apple iOS devices.
iPhone Music Playback: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX's rear-panel USB port and 58" USB extension cable can also be used to simply connect your Apple iPhone with Lightning connector (5S and newer) for music playback only. You'll need a an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your compatible iPhone to the DMH-1770NEX. The USB connection allows for audio playback of stored music, music apps, and other audio content. You can use the head unit to control playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. You can also browse your music by category (playlist/song/artist/album/genre/etc.), In addition, the unit will display song/artist/album information (including album art).
- Compatible iPhone models include 13/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13 Mini, 12/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12 Mini, 11/11 Pro Max/11 Pro, X/XR/XS/XS Max, 8/8 Plus, 7 /7 Plus, 6 /6S Plus, 6/6 Plus, 5S, and SE.
- Not compatible with older iPhones not listed above, iPod nano, iPod touch, and any 30-pin Apple devices.
USB Charging: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay & Android Auto will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android device to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Bluetooth 5.0: The DMH-1770NEX is equipped with built-in Bluetooth version 5.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DMH-1770NEX .
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DMH-1770NEX without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit. Once an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically links the head unit and device together.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the DMH-1770NEX provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The DMH-1770NEX allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming phone call, the head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call.
- Making A Call: The DMH-1770NEX
offers a variety of ways
to make call using the in-dash receiver.
- Direct Dialing: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Phone Book: The phone book (up to 1000 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the touchscreen monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. You can control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Reverse, and Repeat/Random from the head unit. The unit will also display your stored music's and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). Album Art is not supported.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
USB MSC Compatibility w/ High Resolution Playback: The unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer DMH-1770NEX. The head unit will also display your USB device's stored music information - including Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song & Album title, as well as Album Art. The Pioneer NEX Series receiver even supports playback of high-resolution FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz). High-Resolution Audio is high-quality sound that exceeds CD standard. High-resolution audio captures and beautifully expresses all the details of your favorite music.
|Media Type||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: 8-320kbps;
WMA: 8-320kbps; 32-48kHz
AAC: 16-320kbps; 8-48kHz
WAV: 8 or 16-bit; 16-48kHz
FLAC (High Resolution): 8, 16, or 24-bit; 8-192kHz
AVI: 1920 x
|Photo||JPEG: 32 x 32 - 5000 x 5000 |
PNG: 32 x 32 - 720 x 576
BMP: 32 x 32 - 1920 x 936
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA-tags, AAC-tags, FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
- The head unit's USB port does not support USB hubs or USB card-readers.
- The USB port does not support Android AOA 2.0 or MTP protocols.
- Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
AV Input: The Pioneer DM-H1770NEX features a rear-panel 3.5mm AV input for connecting an external source device for audio/video playback through the Pioneer digital multimedia receiver. Video can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor, such as rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a USB video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: CarPlay, Android Auto, and Android Mirroring are not supported by the video output.
Camera Input w/ Parking Assist Guidelines: The Pioneer receiver is equipped with a composite video rear-view camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC8, sold separately). The unit provides on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up and parking your vehicle. These guidelines do not automatically appear on the rear-view image. You must tap the "Park Assist Guidelines" icon on the touchscreen while the rear-view image is visible on the receiver's touchscreen. The rear-view camera input offers two view modes -
- Auto View: The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image. When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds.
- Camera View: There is also a Camera View mode which allows you to manually bring up the rearview camera image on the receiver's touchscreen monitor to check what is behind you while driving. You can leave the Camera View mode on if you want to see the rearview image at all times; for instance when towing a trailer.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX is SiriusXM-Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply activate a SiriusXM Radio subscription (fees will apply) and connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated port on the rear of the receiver for playback and control of satellite radio. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Channel List & Cateogry Search: Channel list displays a list of all available channels. Category Search allows you to searche for channels in a certain genre or category.
- Song/Artist/Album Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title (including album art & station logo) can be viewed on the head unit's touchscreeen monitor.
- 18 Presets: You can save up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets for quick and easy access.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX is equipped with a 24-bit/192Hz digital-to-analog converter for superb quality audio playback from USB, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Bluetooth.
MOSFET50 Amplifier: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the DMH-1770NEX are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX features three pair of 2.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
High & Low Pass Crossovers: The DMH-1770NEX employs high pass and low pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speakers and subs. The head unit features a HPF (High Pass Filter) for its front & rear speaker-level or preamp outputs. The HPF's crossover frequency can be set to 25, 32 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz. The head unit features a LPF (Low Pass Filter) for its subwoofer preamp output. The LPF's crossover frequency can be set to 25, 32, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz.
EEQ (Easy EQ) + 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, or Custom . The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 31.5k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (0 to 12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
6.75" Capacitive Touchscreen: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX features a 6.75" capacitive LCD touchscreen display with a resolution of 800 (RGB) x 480, for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The capacitive LCD touchscreen is highly responsive, powerful, and very intuitive for exceptional control. The capacitive touchscreen offers multi-touch gestures like pinch-to-zoom, plus simple swipe & scroll controls - similar to your smartphone's touchscreen interface. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a connected component such as an Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, Bluetooth phone, or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. You can choose from 5 wallpaper backgrounds.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display a "Caution" message, if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
Note: The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
Front-Panel Control w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used capacitive touch buttons along the left edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to blue, red, yellow, green or white.
Dimmer: The receiver's touchscreen display & button illumination can be dimmed manually or automatically. You can set the unit's LCD touchscreen & button illumination to automatically dim when your vehicle's headlights are turned on (this function requires that the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit).
Remote Functions: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX digital media receiver includes a wireless remote control and offers steering wheel control capability (adapter required).
- Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX includes an IR remote control (CXE5116) for wireless operation of the digital media receiver and your connected devices. The included remote does offer Bluetooth phone functions.
- Optional Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. You can turn this feature on or off.
The Pioneer DMH-1770NEX replaces these items
- 7" LCD touchscreen
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible
21 questions already asked