About the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX
Pioneer has devoted serious thought to making this DMH-2660NEX digital multimedia receiver a sleek and useful addition to your dash. The 6.8" capacitive touchscreen offers Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Bluetooth®, an HD Radio® tuner, and SiriusXM compatibility for a multitude of entertainment options. And with two camera inputs, you'll be equipped to enhance your ride with a backup cam and front-view cam.
Enjoy Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ via USB
Smartphone integration has come a long way, thanks to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Pioneer gives you both platforms in this receiver along with some other cool perks.
Android Auto: Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at https://www.android.com/auto/.
Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/.
WebLink™: WebLink gives you simple in-dash control over select apps, and it works with both Android and iPhone. And it works with Amazon Alexa, so you can ask questions and add items to your shopping list from the road.
Phone swapping: If your family includes both iPhone and Android users, you simply plug in the phone you want to use without having to choose a particular input or adjust menu settings for control.
Bluetooth's wireless connection with your phone makes calling simple so you can keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road — you'll hear whomever you're calling on your car's audio system and they'll hear you loudly and clearly, courtesy of Pioneer's included external microphone. Bluetooth also enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks too.
Built-in HD Radio™ and satellite radio compatibility
Using the controls on the touchscreen, you can access Spotify® features from your iPhone or Android. The DMH-2660NEX also features an HD Radio tuner for much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into a local participating station, and there's no subscription required — just tune it in like a regular radio station. If you're ready for even more entertainment, step up to satellite radio programming by adding a SiriusXM tuner.
Play your music files
Get the most out of your library and load your music files onto a thumb drive — Pioneer builds a rear USB input so you can access that music. A rear aux input gives you the option of playing from an older portable music player as well
You're in charge of your sound
Use the 13-band graphic equalizer and other sound tools to maximize the audio signal sent to the powerful built-in amplifier. Three sets of preamp outputs deliver an ultra-clean signal for adding additional amps for more power.
Rear-view with selectable parking lines
Install a rear-view camera and use the receiver's built-in parking guides to back up safely in any crowded lot. The touchscreen lets you adjust parking lines with ease. And if you'd like to add a front-view camera, Pioneer lets you assign the receiver's AV input for dedicated use.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
Pioneer offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music files
- 6.8" capacitive touchscreen display
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible
- WebLink provides access to Amazon Alexa
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- Google Assistant for select Android smartphones
- 13-band graphic EQ
- time alignment
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear audio/video inputs, backup cam input (A/V input can be used for a 2nd camera)
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (14 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- wireless remote included (optional wired remote)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMH-2660NEX
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver w/ integrated 6.8" touchscreen (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 58" USB extension cable
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angled 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- 6 Counter-sunk ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Installation Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- "Vozsis with Alexa" sheet
- Warranty Sheet
Pioneer DMH-2660NEX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||Y|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|Touch||5Gen and up|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC,WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (192kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Android Auto: The Pioneer NEX receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the NEX receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and your phone's USB cable, plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Pioneer receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Pioneer receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Pioneer receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible apps for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake isengaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Make sure the "USB MTP" setting in the receiver's menu is turned off before using Android Auto.
- Android smartphones with a USB Type-C connector (including the Pixel) may not function without appropriate USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable. Click here for more details.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
Apple CarPlay: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX features Apple CarPlay, the smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in the car. The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX supports Apple CarPlay through your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning connector. Your iPhone can be connected to the NEX-series head unit's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and a Lightning-to-USB cable. Apple CarPlay is specially designed for driving scenarios. You can control CarPlay from the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Pioneer receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Use the included USB extension cable and an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB extension cable (not included) for connection. Any other USB extension cable or non-certified cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay & Android Auto will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android device to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
WebLink with Alexa
WebLink (for iPhone & Android): Download the WebLink Host app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ or Android OS 6.0+) and connect your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone via USB to access select apps such as YouTube, Yelp, and Zomato through the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX. The apps must be downloaded on your compatible mobile device and can then be accessed through the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen using the WebLink interface.
- YouTube: With WebLink, you can access YouTube (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) and play videos on the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen monitor (your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged). You can select videos from a variety of categories or search by keyword(s).
- Yelp: Yelp (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) uses automated software to recommend the most helpful and reliable reviews for the Yelp community among the millions submitted. The software looks at dozens of different signals, including various measures of quality, reliability, and activity on Yelp. Let Yelp help you find the best Restaurants, Hotels, Automotive Service Centers, Banks, Shopping Malls, and more. Search by Category, Favorites, Distance, Point on the Map, or Keyword. A keyword search requires that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.
- Zomato: Zomato (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) lets you search for and discover restaurants to eat out at or order in from. Browse through restaurant menus, photos, user reviews and ratings to decide where you want to eat, and use the map feature to guide you there.
- MediaPlayer: WebLink's MediaPlayer allows you to access your Apple iOS or Android devices stored music and video library for playback (content must be stored on the device and not the cloud). From the receiver's touchscreen, you can browse your phone's music library by Artist, Album, Genres, Playlist, or Songs. You can also search your music by typing in an artist's name or a song title (the vehicle's parking brake has to be engaged for this feature). In addition, you get playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, & Random/Repeat. The digital media receiver's screen will display song/artist/album information, along with album art.
- Once you have your device connected to the head unit and you have selected WebLink as the source, the WebLink app is not controllable from your Apple iOS or Android device. If you need to control the WebLink app from your smartphone, you will have to disconnect your phone's cable from the Pioneer receiver.
- The WebLink app must be opened as the primary app on your phone. If you press the home button or go to access other apps on your phone, the WebLink apps will pause on the Pioneer receiver, until the WebLink app is the primary app again. WebLink will not work with the app only running in the background.
- Some apps within WebLink will require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged to operate certain functions & features of the application.
Alexa Voice Control: WebLink also gives you access to Amazon's Alexa digital voice assistant. By downloading the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) and the Vozsis with Alexa app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) in addition to the WebLink Host app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ or Android OS 6.0+) onto your compatible mobile device, you gain access to Amazon's Alexa digital voice assistant. Using Alexa is simple (just tap-and-ask); you'll need to press the "Alexa" icon on the receiver's touchscreen through the WebLink and Vozsis app before saying "Alexa,...". You can ask to play your Amazon music library and other compatible music services (such as Pandora, iHeart, etc.), call a phonebook contact or business, hear the news, check weather, control smart home devices, and more. Alexa lives in the cloud, so it's always getting smarter, adding new capabilities that are delivered to your compatible smartphone device automatically.
- Music & Audiobooks: You can ask Alexa to select, play, and control your favorite music from Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Spotify, and SiriusXM. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible. *The Pioneer receiver may not support all of Amazon Alexa compatible music services.
- Phone Calls: Ask Alexa to call a contact or place of business. Access to your phone and contacts must be enabled within the Alexa app.
- Traffic & Parking: You'll be able to ask Alexa for traffic information and available parking.
- Weather, News, & Sports: Check weather reports, news updates, and sport scores using Amazon Alexa and your voice.
- Smarthome Control: Use Amazon Alexa and your voice to control compatible smarthome devices, such as garage door openers and outdoor lighting.
- Questions & Answers: Amazon Alexa lets you ask questions about general things and check Wikipedia.
- Times & Alarms: Use your voice and Amazon Alexa, you can set timers and alarms.
- In addition to a USB connection, you'll also need to pair and connect your Apple iOS or Android device via Bluetooth to the Pioneer receiver.
- Alexa cannot be accessed by simply saying "Alexa" like on some smart speaker devices; Alexa will be accessed through the WebLink app and touchscreen on the Pioneer receiver.
- Alexa does not control source, menu, and other internal functions of the Pioneer receiver. Alexa only supports control of its compatible cloud-based services.
- The WebLink and Vozsis app must remain open on your compatible phone. If these apps are closed, then the Alexa function is disabled.
- Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all Alexa features and may not support some Alexa voice control functions.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to WebLink and Alexa will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android device to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Bluetooth 4.1: The DMH-2660NEX is equipped with built-in Bluetooth version 4.1, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX .
Simple Secure Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DMH-2660NEX without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit.
- Dual Phone Connection: You are able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled smartphones connected at the same time, so you can switch between phones from the head unit's touchscreen, without having to connect or re-connect devices.
- Auto Re-Connection: Once an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically links the head unit and device together. If two Bluetooth devices were connected the last time, the two devices are connected to this unit automatically in the order that they are registered in the device list.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the DMH-2660NEX provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The DMH-2660NEX allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming phone call, the head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call.
- Making A Call: The DMH-2660NEX
offers a variety of ways
to make call using the in-dash receiver.
- Direct & Preset Dialing: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. You can also store up to six phone numbers as presets for quicker dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book (up to 1000 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing via Siri: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen controls and external microphone. You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the touchscreen monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
- Advanced Music Navigation: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DMH-2660NEX lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will also display your stored music's and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). Album Art not supported.
Siri Eyes-Free: When connected to an iPhone (iOS 9.0+) with Siri via Bluetooth, the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone for Siri Eyes-Free functionality. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone Siri functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
Note: The head unit's touchscreen monitor will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX ; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Spotify Online Music Service: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX has the ability to playback & control content from the Spotify music app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) on your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the DMH-2660NEX via a Lightning-to-USB cable or paired via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX . Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. If you are a Spotify Premium user (requires a monthly paid subscription), you can enjoy ad-free, high quality music even when there is no internet connection.
- Playback & Search Control: You can play, pause and skip tracks, browse playlists, albums and radio stations through the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen controls.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: You also get song/artist information and album art on the unit's LCD touchscreen.
Pandora Internet Radio: The Pandora App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information; as well as Album art.
- Station List, Presets, & New Stations: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically. You can also store six Pandora Radio preset stations for even easier recall. New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing.
- Shuffle & Skip Songs: You can also listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List. You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down & Bookmarking: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences. The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Apple Music Radio: You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB-connected Apple iOS device through the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX. With a WiFi or cellular connection, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for every genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations, playback songs similar to the current song, stop playback of the current song, and add the current song to your iTunes wish list. Apple Music Radio playback is compatible with the following Apple iOS devices -
- iPhone: XSMax/XS/XR/X, 8+/8, 7+/7, 6S+/6S/6+/6, 5S/5C/5, SE, & 4S - running iOS 8.0 to 12.4.1.
- iPod: touch (6th/5th generation) - running iOS 8.0 to 12.4.1.
Note: Your Apple iOS device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
SiriusXM 3.0 Ready: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply activate a SiriusXM Radio subscription (fees will apply) and connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated port on the rear of the receiver for playback and control of satellite radio. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Channel/Category Lists + Song/Artist/Album Info: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD touchscreen. You also get station logo identification and album art.
- Category Scan + Instant Replay: During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time. The SiriusXM Instant Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to.
- SmartFavorite Presets + Featured Favorites: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets with special tuning features such as TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix (see below). Featured Favorites are groups of channels that are created by the SiriusXM Programming department allowing to discover new channels. Featured Favorite channels are dynamic and can change often, allowing you to discover new channels.
- TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix: TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your SmartFavorite music channels stored on the current band of presets. TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of SmartFavorite presets. TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from music channels stored in the current SmartFavorite preset band.
- Traffic, Weather, & Sports: You can tune in and listen quickly to information pertaining to weather and traffic from a particular city you have specified. You can also be alerted when your favorite sports teams are playing so you can tune to the appropriate station quickly.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
HD Radio: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX 's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Supertuner IIID: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- Station Text/Album Art + RDS: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The head unit also supports Album Art from select HD Radio stations. For analog FM stations, the Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as song/artist information when listening to compatible RDS FM stations.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
- Reception Blending: If a digital broadcast reception condition gets poor, this unit automatically switches to the analog broadcast of the same frequency level. If this function is set to "On", the tuner switches between digital broadcast and analog broadcast automatically. If this function is 'Off', reception will be conducted within a digital broadcast.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest analog or HD stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to www.hdradio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
USB MSC Compatibility w/ High Resolution Playback: The unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX. The head unit will also display your USB device's stored music information - including Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song & Album title, as well as Album Art. The Pioneer NEX Series receiver even supports playback of high-resolution FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz). High-Resolution Audio is high-quality sound that exceeds CD standard. High-resolution audio captures and beautifully expresses all the details of your favorite music. The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto an inserted USB device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: 8-320kbps;
WMA: 8-320kbps; 32-48kHz
AAC: 16-320kbps; 8-48kHz
WAV: 8 or 16-bit; 16-48kHz
FLAC (High Resolution): 8, 16, or 24-bit; 8-192kHz
DivX: 720 x 576/30fps (4GB)
|Photo||JPEG: 32 x 320 - 8192 x 7680 |
PNG: 32 x 320 - 720 x 576
BMP: 32 x 32 - 1920 x 936
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA-tags, AAC-tags, FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
- The head unit's USB port does not support USB hubs or USB card-readers.
- Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engage
Android MTP Compatible: The receiver supports MTP for playback & control of stored music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Pioneer receiver's rear-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone. You smartphone's battery will also be charged while connected via USB (5V/1.5A).
Note: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX does not support AOA 2.0 for Android devices.
iPod/iPhone Compatible: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX's rear-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning Apple device or 30-pin iPhone 4S to the head unit. You'll need a Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your Apple device with Lightning connector, or a 30-pin to USB cable to connect your iPhone 4S. The USB connection allows for audio playback (stored music and music apps), music browsing (playlist/song/artist/album/genre/etc.), song/artist/album display (including album art), and charging of your compatible iPhone or iPod. Additional powerful searching tools, such as Link Play and Alphabet Search help you find your content even faster.
- ABC Category Search: Once you have selected a category (playlist/song/artist/album/genre/etc.), you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z).
- Link Search: Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
USB Charging: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Android smartphone, Apple iPod/iPhone, and other smaller electronic USB-enabled devices while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 4/1/2020):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Compatible Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||CarPlay||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||WebLink||Spotify||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX is equipped with a 24-bit/192Hz digital-to-analog converter for superb quality audio playback from USB, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Bluetooth.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the DMH-2660NEX are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
Crossovers: The DMH-2660NEX employs high-pass and low-pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speaker setup.
- Standard: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover
network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup using either
speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: The head unit's -6 to -24dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an -6 to -24dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
- Network: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover
network for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and Sub using
low-level outputs only.
- Highs: The high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Mids: You can set a high-pass and low-pass crossover from your midrange/midbass drivers. The low-pass crossover can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off. The high-pass crossover can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Lows: The low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
EEQ (Easy EQ) + 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer receiver's rear-panel AUX 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
- Auto Level Control (ALC): This function automatically corrects the audio level difference between the music files and/or the sources.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. You can turn this feature on or off.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console. You can also turn the unit's composite AV input into a second camera input for adding a front camera (sold separately).
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor, such as rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a USB or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: CarPlay, Android Auto, & WebLink are not supported by the video output.
Camera Input w/ Parking Assist Guidelines: The Pioneer receiver is equipped with a composite video rear-view camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC8, sold separately). The unit provides on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up and parking your vehicle. These guideline do not automatically appear on the rear-view image. You must tap the "Park Assist Guidelines" icon on the touchscreen while the rear-view image is visible on the receiver's touchscreen. You can also turn the unit's composite AV input into a second camera input for adding a front camera (sold separately). The dedicated rear-view camera input offers two view modes -
- Auto View: The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image. When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds.
- Camera View: There is also a Camera View mode which allows you to manually bring up the rearview camera image on the receiver's touchscreen monitor to check what is behind you while driving. You can leave the Camera View mode on if you want to see the rearview image at all times; for instance when towing a trailer.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
iDatalink Serial Port: This Pioneer digital media receiver is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Pioneer receiver to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system; as well as select GM vehicles with factory OnStar; select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles with U-Connect, plus select Honda/Acura, Toyota/Scion, Volkswagen & Subaru vehicles with factory digital amplifiers.
- Retained Features: The iDatalink Maestro RR lets Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, GM, Dodge/Chrysler, and VW owners swap out their factory radio for this aftermarket Pioneer head unit; while retaining the Ford Sync system, GM OnStar system, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep U-Connect system, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, USB interface, Satellite Radio, and 911 assist. You also get to keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which is specially tuned to that particular vehicle). *Retained features will vary by vehicle.
- Extra Features: In some installations, the iDatalink Maestro RR lets you configure the head unit to operate interior climate controls and provides extra visual data; such as User Selectable Gauges, Vehicle Info (Tire Pressure/Battery Voltage/Check Engine Codes/Door Ajar Warning), and Visual Park Assist. *Extra features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Pioneer receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
6.8" Capacitive Touchscreen: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX features a 6.8" capacitive LCD touchscreen display with a resolution of 800 (RGB) x 480, for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The capacitive LCD touchscreen is highly responsive, powerful, and very intuitive for exceptional control. The capacitive touchscreen offers multi-touch gestures like pinch-to-zoom, plus simple swipe & scroll controls - similar to your smartphone's touchscreen interface. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a connected component such as an iPod/iPhone, Android smartphone, Bluetooth phone, or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system.
- Favorites: You can register the desired menu items on the DMH-2660NEX 's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 6 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
- OSD + Backgrounds: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background display can be selected from 8 different preset displays for the AV Operation screen and 5 different preset displays for the Home Menu screen. In addition, you can change the background display to other images imported from an external USB device.
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video - Full (4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only; enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions), Zoom (4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen), Normal (4:3 picture is displayed as it is).
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video sources and rear-view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast), color (adjusts color saturation), hue, (adjusts color tone), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display a "Caution" message, if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
Note: The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
Front-Panel Control w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used capacitive touch buttons along the left edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
Dimmer: The receiver's touchscreen display & button illumination can be dimmed manually, automatically or via a timer. You can set the unit's LCD touchscreen & button illumination to automatically dim when your vehicle's headlights are turned on (this function requires that the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit). You can also set a specific time and duration for unit's LCD & button illumination to dim.
Remote Functions: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX digital media receiver includes a wireless remote control and offers steering wheel control capability (adapter required).
- Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX includes an IR remote control (CXE5116) for wireless operation of the digital media receiver and your connected devices. The included remote does offer Bluetooth phone functions.
- Optional Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
The Pioneer DMH-2660NEX replaces these items
- 6.2" capacitive touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- works with Apple CarPlay
- Siri Hands Free and Google VR with compatible phones
- works with SiriusXM tuner
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible; WebLink compatibility
57 questions already asked