About the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX
Add a 9" capacitive touchscreen
Add a 9" capacitive touchscreen
Pioneer made the DMH-C6600NEX digital multimedia receiver to be a handy solution for custom installations in tricky vehicles. Its 1" thick display and separate "black box" circumvent the old problem of a dash with no room for a new radio. Its 9" capacitive touchscreen offers lots of customizable color options, while the separate, compact chassis contains all the electronics and entertainment, including wireless Apple CarPlay™, wireless Android Auto™, Bluetooth®, and an HD Radio® tuner. Pioneer includes a 12" cable to connect the screen and separate DIN (2" tall) chassis, but extension cables are available so you can mount the chassis in a more convenient spot.
If you're an experienced installer with a custom installation in mind, this radio could be the unique solution you're looking for. You will need to fabricate a dash kit to install the 9" display in your dash.
Enjoy awesome smartphone integration, wired and wireless
Smartphone integration has come a long way, thanks to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Pioneer gives you both platforms in this receiver along with some other cool perks.
Android Auto (wireless or wired): Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
Apple CarPlay (wireless or wired): CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Built-in Amazon Alexa: After you load the Alexa app onto your phone and pair your phone to this receiver, simply press the dedicated "Alexa" button on the faceplate, and you can access music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic, and smart home controls using your voice.
Phone swapping: If your family includes both iPhone and Android users, you simply plug in the phone you want to use without having to choose a particular input or adjust menu settings for control.
Screen mirroring: With a wired or wireless connection to your smartphone, the DMH-C6600NEX will mirror your smartphone on its 9" display. For video playback, your parking brake will need to be engaged.
Bluetooth's wireless connection with your phone makes calling simple so you can keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road — you'll hear whomever you're calling on your car's audio system and they'll hear you loudly and clearly, courtesy of Pioneer's included external microphone. Bluetooth also enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks too.
Spotify®, HD Radio™, and satellite radio compatibility
Using the controls on the touchscreen, you can access Pandora® or Spotify® features from your iPhone or Android. The DMH-C6600NEX also features an HD Radio tuner for much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into a local participating station, and there's no subscription required. If you're hankering for even more entertainment, step up to satellite radio programming by adding a SiriusXM tuner.
Enjoy your high-res music
Get the most out of your library and load your high-res FLAC music files onto a thumb drive — Pioneer builds a rear USB input so you can access that music. A rear aux input gives you the option of playing from an older portable music player as well
Tweak your sound
Use the 13-band graphic equalizer and other sound tools to maximize the audio signal sent to the built-in amplifier. Three sets of preamp outputs deliver an ultra-clean signal for adding additional amps for more power.
Front- and rear-view with selectable parking lines
Install a rear-view camera and use the receiver's built-in parking guides to back up safely in any crowded lot. The touchscreen lets you adjust parking lines with ease. And if you'd like to add a front-view camera, Pioneer lets you assign the receiver's AV input for dedicated use.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
Pioneer offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Installing the screen and chassis separately?
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- touchscreen and separate DIN (2" tall) chassis
- can be installed together or independently
- fits problem vehicles where standard radios won't fit
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and high-res FLAC music files
- 9" capacitive touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible (wireless or wired)
- built-in Amazon Alexa
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- wireless and wired screen-mirroring
- 13-band graphic EQ
- time alignment and Auto EQ (mic required, not included)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear audio/video input, HDMI input, backup cam input (A/V input can be used for a 2nd camera)
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- wireless remote included (optional wired remote)
- optional touchscreen/chassis extension cables
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMH-WC6600NEX
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple,Google,Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||---|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC,WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (192kHz)|