About the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX
Add a 9" capacitive touchscreen
Add a 9" capacitive touchscreen
Pioneer made the DMH-C6600NEX digital multimedia receiver to be a handy solution for custom installations in tricky vehicles. Its 1" thick display and separate "black box" circumvent the old problem of a dash with no room for a new radio. Its 9" capacitive touchscreen offers lots of customizable color options, while the separate, compact chassis contains all the electronics and entertainment, including wireless Apple CarPlay™, wireless Android Auto™, Bluetooth®, and an HD Radio™ tuner. Pioneer includes a 12" cable to connect the screen and separate DIN (2" tall) chassis, but extension cables are available so you can mount the chassis in a more convenient spot.
If you're an experienced installer with a custom installation in mind, this radio could be the unique solution you're looking for. You will need to fabricate a dash kit to install the 9" display in your dash.
Enjoy awesome smartphone integration, wired and wireless
Smartphone integration has come a long way, thanks to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Pioneer gives you both platforms in this receiver along with some other cool perks.
Android Auto (wireless or wired): Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
Apple CarPlay (wireless or wired): CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Built-in Amazon Alexa: After you load the Alexa app onto your phone and pair your phone to this receiver, simply press the dedicated "Alexa" button on the faceplate, and you can access music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic, and smart home controls using your voice.
Phone swapping: If your family includes both iPhone and Android users, you simply plug in the phone you want to use without having to choose a particular input or adjust menu settings for control.
Screen mirroring: With a wired connection to select smartphones, the DMH-C6600NEX will mirror your smartphone on its 9" display. For video playback, your parking brake will need to be engaged.
Bluetooth's wireless connection with your phone makes calling simple so you can keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road — you'll hear whomever you're calling on your car's audio system and they'll hear you loudly and clearly, courtesy of Pioneer's included external microphone. Bluetooth also enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks too.
Spotify®, HD Radio™, and satellite radio compatibility
You can access Pandora® or Spotify® through Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Amazon Alexa. The DMH-C6600NEX also features an HD Radio tuner for much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into a local participating station, and there's no subscription required. If you're hankering for even more entertainment, step up to satellite radio programming by adding a SiriusXM tuner.
Enjoy your high-res music
Get the most out of your library and load your high-res FLAC and DSD music files onto a thumb drive — Pioneer builds a rear USB input so you can access that music. A rear aux input gives you the option of playing from an older portable music player as well.
Tweak your sound
Use the 13-band graphic equalizer and other sound tools to maximize the audio signal sent to the built-in amplifier. Three sets of preamp outputs deliver an ultra-clean signal for adding additional amps for more power.
Front- and rear-view with selectable parking lines
Install a rear-view camera and use the receiver's built-in parking guides to back up safely in any crowded lot. The touchscreen lets you adjust parking lines with ease. And if you'd like to add a front-view camera, Pioneer provides a second camera input.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
Pioneer offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Installing the screen and chassis separately?
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner (does not play discs)
- touchscreen and separate DIN (2" tall) chassis
- can be installed together or independently
- fits problem vehicles where standard radios won't fit
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and high-res FLAC and DSD music files
- 9" capacitive touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible (wireless or wired)
- built-in Amazon Alexa with Wi-Fi connection
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Pandora and Spotify through Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Amazon Alexa
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- wired screen-mirroring for select devices
- 13-band graphic EQ
- time alignment
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB-C port, rear-view camera input, two rear A/V inputs (3.5mm and RCA — RCA can be converted to a 2nd camera input), HDMI input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- Important Note — Monitor dimensions are 9.055 x 5.135". Before ordering, check for possible interference with your dash.
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- wireless remote included (optional wired remote)
- optional touchscreen/chassis extension cables
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMH-WC6600NEX
What's in the box:
- Touchscreen monitor
- Chassis body (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Preout/AV harness
- 58" USB-C extension cable
- USB-C to USB-A adapter
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V battery (pre-installed in remote)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable)
- Self-adhesive square
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- 6 Counter-sunk ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- 8 Pan-head screws (M4 x 5mm)
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
- "About Alexa Built-In" note
- Warranty Information
- "Caution" note
Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear), Micro-HDMI (rear)|
|USB Input||Rear (USB-C)|
|USB Port Power||3A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control||Y|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|iPhone||5S and up|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, DSD, WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC/WAV (192kHz), DSD (5.6MHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||Y|
Modular Installation Design
Touchscreen / Alexa / App / Remote Control
iPhone / Android Integration
Bluetooth Phone / Audio / Siri
HD / SiriusXM / Apple Radio
USB / HDMI / Aux Inputs
Video Out / Camera Inputs / iDatalink
Amp / EQ / DSP Section
Modular Installation Design
Modular Solutions Receiver: Pioneer's Modular Solutions receivers are designed for applications, often newer vehicles, with limited depth behind the dash that prohibits the installation of a traditional single-DIN (2") or double-DIN (4") receiver. This installation flexibility is achieved by physically separating the LCD touchscreen display from the sub-chassis that contains the CPU, control system, terrestrial radio tuner, amplifier and input/output connections. This allows the sub-chassis to be mounted in a different location or different horizontal/vertical orientation within the vehicle. To simplify installation and increase vehicle applications, Pioneer and Metra Electronics are partnering to develop Vehicle-Specific Radio Install Kits (sold separately) that make the Pioneer Modular Solutions receivers both cosmetically integrated and simple to install.
- It is possible to install the DMH-WC6600NEX with the LCD touchscreen attached to the chassis body using the included brackets and hardware or separate from the chassis body.
- The Metra 109-UN02 Floating Mount Kit (sold separately) is engineered exclusively for the Pioneer DMH-WC600NEX digital multimedia receiver and "floats" the 9" screen in front of your vehicle's factory radio location using a series of brackets that provide the ability to mount the DMH-WC600NEX's chassis into the pocket location of the majority of Double-DIN kits (sold separately) for a variety of vehicle applications.
- On the rear-panel of chassis body is an attached 12" proprietary cable that plugs into the back of touchscreen monitor. Installations where the LCD touchscreen is not attached to the chassis body and is installed separately may require Pioneer's CD-RGB150E extension cable or RD-RGB150A extension kit (both sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- Do not block the cooling fan when installing the receiver's chassis either horizontally or vertically. The touchsreen monitor must be mounted in a landscape orientation (not portrait orientation).
Touchscreen Monitor Dimensions: Touchscreen monitor dimensions include cable connection.
- Width: 9.055"
- Height: 5.135"
- Depth: 1.255"
Note: When the touchscreen monitor is mounted to the chassis body, the monitor will extend 2" above the top of the chassis, extend 1.125" below the bottom of the chassis, and extend 1" out from either side of the chassis.
Chassis Body Dimensions: Chassis body dimensions include wire and cable connections.
- Width: 7.015"
- Height: 1.985" (without brackets) / 3.835" (with brackets)
- Depth: 6.635"
9" Capacitive Touchscreen: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX features a 9" capacitive LCD touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 (RGB), for a total of 2,764,800 pixels. The capacitive LCD touchscreen is highly responsive, powerful, and very intuitive for exceptional control. The capacitive touchscreen offers multi-touch gestures like pinch-to-zoom, plus simple swipe & scroll controls - similar to your smartphone's touchscreen interface. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a connected component such as an iPhone, Android smartphone, Bluetooth phone, or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. A shatterproof film has been applied to the unit's LCD touchscreen for added durability.
- Favorites: You can register the desired menu items on the DMH-WC6600NEX 's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 12 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
- OSD + Backgrounds: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background display can be selected from 8 different preset displays for the AV Operation screen and 3 different preset displays for the Home Menu screen. In addition, you can change the background display of Home Screen to other images imported from an external USB device.
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video sources and rear-view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast), color (adjusts color saturation), hue, (adjusts color tone), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
- Dimmer: The receiver's touchscreen display & button illumination can be dimmed manually, automatically or via a timer. You can set the unit's LCD touchscreen & button illumination to automatically dim when your vehicle's headlights are turned on (this function requires that the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit). You can also set a specific time and duration for unit's LCD & button illumination to dim.
- This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display a "Caution" message, if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
- The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
- CarPlay and Android Auto do not require that the parking brake be engaged.
Voice Control with Alexa Built-In: The DMH-WC6600NEX digital multimedia receiver offers Amazon Alexa Built-in through a wireless WiFi connection to your smartphone, your smartphone's active data cellular plan, and the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+). With Alexa, you can talk to Amazon Alexa directly through the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX receiver while keeping your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. Ask Alexa to control the Pioneer receiver, play music, hear the news, check the weather, control smart home devices, and more. In addition to audible feedback, you'll also receive visual feedback for music apps and weather forecasts. Using Alexa with the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX is simple and hands-free; just say the "Alexa" wake-word or press the "Mic" button to ask your question and Alexa will respond instantly. Alexa lives in the cloud, so it's always getting smarter, adding new capabilities that are delivered to compatible devices automatically.
- Head Unit Controls: You can enable the Pioneer In-Dash Receiver Skill so you can stay focused on the road while operating your in-dash receiver using Amazon Alexa voice commands. Click here for a list of specific commands.
- Playback Selection: You'll be able to ask Alexa to switch source inputs (Bluetooth, USB, HDMI) and radio presets. However, Alexa does not provide playback control of these sources.
- Adjust Sound Settings: You can ask Alexa to raise or lower the volume, adjust the bass level, or set a specific EQ preset (such as Super Bass). Alexa cannot control all audio settings and functions of the Pioneer receiver.
- Switch Screens & Power Off: You can ask Alexa to go to the Home Screen or Weather Info Screen. You can also ask Alexa to power off the head unit. Alexa cannot be used to power on the head unit.
- Alexa Skills: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX offers many of the same voice controls that you are used to from your Alexa-enabled smart speakers in your home.
- Music & Audiobooks: You can ask Alexa to select, play, and control your favorite music from Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Spotify, and SiriusXM. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible. You'll hear music over your vehicle speakers, while artist/song/album text and album art are displayed on the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen monitor. The Pioneer receiver may not support all of Amazon Alexa compatible music services.
- Phone Calls: Alexa allows you to use voice commands to place or answer calls using a mobile device paired to this unit. Ask Alexa to call a contact or place of business. Access to your phone and contacts must be enabled within the Alexa app. The receiver will display phone number and contact name during phone call. Your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone will also need to be connected via Bluetooth to the Pioneer receiver.
- Traffic & Parking: You'll be able to ask Alexa for traffic information, as well as available parking and receive audible feedback (no visual display).
- Weather, News, & Sports: Check weather reports, news updates, and sport scores using Amazon Alexa and your voice. The unit will provide audible feedback for weather, news, and sports; plus a visual display of a 7-day weather forecast.
- Smarthome Control: Use Amazon Alexa and your voice to control compatible smarthome devices, such as garage door openers and outdoor lighting.
- Questions & Answers: Amazon Alexa lets you ask questions about general things and check Wikipedia. You'll receive audible feedback only (no visual display).
- Times & Alarms: Use your voice and Amazon Alexa, you can set timers and alarms. You'll receive audible feedback (no visual display).
- Notifications: When you receive notifications from Amazon Alexa, a yellow visual indicator is displayed. To check and listen to your notifications, ask "Alexa, what are my notifications?".
- Wake words other than "Alexa" - such as "Echo", "Amazon", or "Computer" are not supported
- The Alexa Built-In feature does not support control and display of video and navigation apps.
- The Alexa Built-In feature does not control CarPlay or Android Auto.
- Pioneer does not guarantee Amazon Alexa voice control for all head unit functions and Amazon Alexa features
CarAVAssist App: CarAVAssist App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) supports web browsing, home screen customization and other functions. You can bookmark websites that you want to enjoy in your car, register your favorite sports teams to receive real-time game updates, make notifications settings for your smartphone, and more. The app also allows you to customize your receiver's home screen, including adding your own background image, and easily performing OTA Firmware Updates
- Customize the receiver's home menu screen - including widgets and wallpaper (background)
- Register your favorite webpage URLs (including YouTube, Facebook, and more) in the app to see those webpages (including video) on the receiver's web touchscreen monitor. The web browser cannot be used while the vehicle is in motion. Your vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged (requires the light green wire of the receiver's wiring harness to be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit). The head unit's touchscreen will display a "Caution" message, if you try to use the web browser when your vehicle is in motion. Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all URLs.
- Register your favorite sports teams to receive information and score about them through the Pioneer receiver. To use the sports notification function, make sure that the included GPS antenna is installed properly.
- Organizing notifications on your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone for displaying on the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen monitor.
- Download the latest firmware & software updates for this unit using the CarAVAssist app.
Notes: The CarAVAssist app requires that the included GPS antenna be installed and Internet access via a WiFi connection to your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone with an active cellular data plan.
Remote Functions: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX receiver comes with an IR wireless remote control, plus support for factory steering wheel control (adapter sold separately).
- Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the multimedia head unit and your connected devices.
- Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Front-Panel Controls w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used capacitive touch buttons along the left edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
Built-In WiFi: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX features built-in WiFi wireless connectivity specifically designed to support a cable free connection between your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone and the receiver. By supporting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, plus Alexa Built-In and the CarAVAssist app via a wireless connection, you no longer need to worry about taking your smartphone out of your bag or your pocket before you get into your car.
- GPS Antenna: Before using CarPlay or Android Auto, make sure the included GPS antenna and vehicle speed sensing (VSS) wire are properly connected. The GPS antenna is required for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay navigation maps (including Google Maps, Apple Maps, and Waze); as well as the sports team notification feature of the CarAVAssist app and certain Alexa voice commands. The GPS antenna comes with a self-stick pad which mounts it on top of your dash inside the vehicle.
- Data Plan Required: Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or LTE (4G) for CarPlay and Android Auto to function. Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, Alexa, and CarAVAssist online app services will depend on the availability of a cellular network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. App services may not be available in all regions.
Wireless Apple CarPlay: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX features Apple CarPlay, the smarter and safer way to use your iPhone 5S or newer (iOS 7.1+) in the car. The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX supports Apple CarPlay through a wireless connection using WiFi and Bluetooth (both connections must be made) or a hardwired USB connection using its rear-panel USB-C port, the supplied USB extension cable, and included USB-C to USB-A adapter. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use Maps, listen to music, access messages, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices through Siri voice recognition and the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen monitor.
- Maps: Apple CarPlay brings the power and simplicity of Apple Maps to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. You can even listen to music from your Apple CarPlay device or other connected source device while using Apple Maps. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: Via Apple CarPlay, you'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Pioneer head receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Through Apple CarPlay, you can access your favorite artists, songs, and playlists from Apple Music on your iPhone using the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Before using Wireless CarPlay, you will need to pair your iPhone to the receiver via Bluetooth and connect the phone to the receiver via a USB cable to make a WiFi connection between the receiver and your iPhone - follow the receiver's on-screen prompts. The WiFi password is listed under "Wireless Settings" in the WiFi menu.
- If you are using a hardwired connection, use the included USB extension cable, the supplied USB-C to USB-A adapter and an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB extension cable (not included) for connection. Any other USB extension cable or non-certified cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
Wireless Android Auto: The Pioneer receiver supports the Android Auto app for select Android smartphones using a wired or wireless connection. A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the Pioneer receiver using the latest version of the Android Auto app, plus a WiFi and Bluetooth connection (both wireless connections must be made; a wired USB connection must be made initially between the Android phone and the Pioneer receiver to setup Wireless Android Auto). Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can also be connected to the Pioneer receiver's USB-C port using the included USB extension cable and USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into one simple on-screen interface. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Pioneer receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Pioneer receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Pioneer receiver via YouTube Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible apps for Android Auto.
- Click here to learn more about Android Auto compatible phones. Click here regarding setup.
- If you are using a hardwired connection, make sure to use the included USB extension cable and a USB smartphone cable under 6' long (avoid using any other extension cables). The supplied USB-C to USB-A adapter may be required if your Android phone does not have a USB-C connector and cable.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
Android MTP Compatible: If you have an Android smartphone that isn't compatible Android Auto, the Pioneer receiver also supports MTP for playback & control of stored music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Pioneer receiver's USB-C port and included USB extension cable (the supplied USB-C to USB-A adatper may be required). In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Note: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX does not support AOA 2.0 for Android devices.
iPod Direct Connect: If you don't desire Apple CarPlay, you can simply connect your Apple iOS device via USB for music playback only through the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX. The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX's USB-C port, included USB extension cable, and supplied USB-C to USB-A adapter can be used to connect your Apple device with Lightning connector to the head unit. You'll also need a Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your Apple device with Lightning connector to the Pioneer receiver. The USB connection allows for audio playback, music navigation, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible iPhone or iPod.
- Control: From the head unit's touchscreen, you can search your iPod/iPhone's audio content by Radio, Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. You'll still be able to control your iPod or iPhone from the device's touchscreen too.
- Display: In addition, the head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song & Album title, as well as Album Art.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 6/2/2020):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Compatible Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||CarPlay||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Alexa||CarAVAssist||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone devices with a 30-pin connector.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Smartphone Charging: The head unit's USB-C connection provides 3A of current to power and charge your connected Apple iPhone or Android device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your mobile device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Bluetooth 4.2: The DMH-WC6600NEX is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.7 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.2 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DMH-WC6600NEX without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit.
- Dual Phone Connection: You are able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled smartphones connected at the same time, so you can switch between phones from the head unit's touchscreen, without having to connect or re-connect devices.
- Auto Re-Connection: Once an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically links the head unit and device together. If two Bluetooth devices were connected the last time, the two devices are connected to this unit automatically in the order that they are registered in the device list.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.7) with wideband speech capability, the DMH-WC6600NEX provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The DMH-WC6600NEX allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming phone call, the head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call.
- Making A Call: The DMH-WC6600NEX offers a variety of ways
to make call using the in-dash receiver.
- Direct & Preset Dialing: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. You can also store up to 6 phone numbers as presets for quicker dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book (up to 1,000 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing via Siri: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen controls and external microphone. You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the touchscreen monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the Pioneer receiver offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the Pioneer receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Advanced Music Navigation: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DMH-WC6600NEX lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will also display your stored music's and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support).
Siri Eyes-Free Functionality: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone for Siri Eyes-Free functionality. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone Siri functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's audio is muted while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
Note: The head unit's touchscreen monitor will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
HD Radio: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Supertuner IIID: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- Station Text/Album Art + RDS: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The head unit also supports Album Art from select HD Radio stations. For analog FM stations, the Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as song/artist information when listening to compatible RDS FM stations.
- Multicasting & Recommendations: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program. This unit will also suggest radio stations (up to 3) according to your frequently listened to radio stations.
- Presets & Favorites: The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest analog or HD stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets. The Favorites feature allows you to pick out your Favorite preset stations (AM or FM) and combine them into one list.
- Reception Blending: If a digital broadcast reception condition gets poor, this unit automatically switches to the analog broadcast of the same frequency level. If this function is set to "On", the tuner switches between digital broadcast and analog broadcast automatically. If this function is 'Off', reception will be conducted within a digital broadcast.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are four levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to www.hdradio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
SiriusXM 3.0 Ready: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply activate a SiriusXM Radio subscription (fees will apply) and connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated port on the rear of the receiver for playback and control of satellite radio. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Channel/Category Lists + Song/Artist/Album Info: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD touchscreen. You also get station logo identification and album art on-screen.
- Category Scan + Instant Replay: During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time. The SiriusXM Instant Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to.
- SmartFavorite Presets + Featured Favorites: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets with special tuning features such as TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix (see below). Featured Favorites are groups of channels that are created by the SiriusXM Programming department allowing to discover new channels. Featured Favorite channels are dynamic and can change often, allowing you to discover new channels.
- TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix: TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your SmartFavorite music channels stored on the current band of presets. TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of SmartFavorite presets. TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from music channels stored in the current SmartFavorite preset band.
- Traffic, Weather, & Sports: You can tune in and listen quickly to information pertaining to weather and traffic from a particular city you have specified. You can also be alerted when your favorite sports teams are playing so you can tune to the appropriate station quickly.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Apple Music Radio: You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone 5S or later (iOS 8.0+) through the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX. Using your compatible iPhone's cellular connection, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for every genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations, playback songs similar to the current song, stop playback of the current song, and add the current song to your iTunes wish list.
Note: Your Apple iOS device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
USB MSC Compatibility w/ High Resolution Playback: The unit's rear-panel USB-C port, 58" USB extension cable, and USB-C to USB-A adapter allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX. The head unit will also display your USB device's stored music information - including Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song & Album title, as well as Album Art. The Pioneer NEX Series receiver even supports playback of high-resolution FLAC/WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz) and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) music files. High-Resolution Audio is high-quality sound that exceeds CD standard. High-resolution audio captures and beautifully expresses all the details of your favorite music. The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto an inserted USB device.
- Playback & Search Control: Playback & search functions include Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat, and File/Folder List.
- Song/Artist/Album Display: The head unit will display your USB device's stored music information - including Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song & Album title, as well as Album Art.
- Device Charging: The USB-C connection provides 3A of current to power and charge your connected USB device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto an inserted USB device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
Compressed Audio Formats:
DivX/MPEG: 720 x 576/30fps (4GB)
|Photo||JPEG: 32 x 32 - 8192 x 7680 |
PNG: 32 x 32 - 720 x 576
BMP: 32 x 32 - 1920 x 936
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA-tags, AAC-tags, FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
- The head unit's USB port does not support USB hubs or USB card-readers.
- Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engage
Micro-HDMI Input: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX digital multimedia receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel micro-HDMI input for the connection of an external audio/video source device with an HDMI output. A micro-HDMI to HDMI cable or micro-HDMI to HDMI adapter is required (both sold separately). The micro-HDMI input can also be used to mirror the display of a compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone using the appropriate adapters (sold separately). The micro-HDMI input provides video and audio playback, but not control. Playback functions will still need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device (not the Pioneer head unit).
Note: For safety reasons, video images from the micro-HDMI input cannot be displayed on the receiver's touchscreen monitor without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
AV Input: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting an external audio/video device, such as a DVD player or TV tuner (sold separately).
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor, such as rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a AV-input or USB video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: CarPlay, Android Auto, & WebLink are not supported by the video output.
Dual Camera Inputs: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX is equipped with two camera inputs - a dedicated backup camera input with parking guidelines and auto-switching, plus a second camera input that can used for a dash-cam, side camera, or towing camera (all sold separately). Both camera inputs consist of a composite video camera input.
- Backup Camera Input w/ Guidelines: The Pioneer receiver is equipped with a composite video camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC8, sold separately). The unit provides on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up and parking your vehicle. These guideline do not automatically appear on the rear-view image. You must tap the "Park Assist Guidelines" icon on the touchscreen while the rear-view image is visible on the receiver's touchscreen. The backup camera input offers two view modes -
- Auto View: The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image. When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds.
- Camera View: There is also a Camera View mode which allows you to manually bring up the rearview camera image on the receiver's touchscreen monitor to check what is behind you while driving. You can leave the Camera View mode on if you want to see the rearview image at all times; for instance when towing a trailer.
- Second Camera Input: The DMH-WC6600NEX has an additional composite video input where you can add a second camera. The second camera view can be activated at any time and has many potential uses including connection of a dash-cam, monitoring a tow vehicle, providing a side view for better lane visibility, or as an alternate rear view if the vehicle’s backup camera view isn't available.
Note: The camera inputs are meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the cameras when driving and maneuvering your vehicle. In addition to using the camera or cameras, always look around your vehicle to make sure everything is clear while driving.
iDatalink Maestro RR: Keep many of your factory features and expand your level of in-vehicle experience with the iDatalink Maestro RR (sold separately). When the DMH-WC6600NEX receiver is installed in a compatible vehicle using the iDatalink Maestro RR interface, you'll be able to enjoy the performance and features of the DMH-WC6600NEX receiver plus touchscreen control over key factory infotainment features and driver safety systems. Retained factory functions via the iDatalink Maestro RR interface may include Steering Wheel Controls, Media Player (such as factory AUX-in and USB ports), Hands-Free Phone, Voice Commands, Satellite Radio, Warning Chimes, and Secondary Display Support. Vehicle information such as HVAC, Performance Gauges, Park Assist, and TPMS can also be displayed on the Pioneer radio's touchscreen. Radar detector information can also be displayed on the screen when used with a compatible K40 or ESCORT radar detector system (sold separately). Retained factory functions and add-on features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Pioneer receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX is equipped with a 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for superb quality audio playback from disc, USB, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Bluetooth.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the DMH-WC6600NEX are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+6 to -24).
Crossovers: The DMH-WC6600NEX employs high-pass and low-pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speaker setup.
- Standard: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup using either speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: The head unit's -6 to -24dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an -6 to -24dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
- Network: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover network for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and Sub using low-level outputs only.
- Highs: The high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Mids: You can set a high-pass and low-pass crossover from your midrange/midbass drivers. The low-pass crossover can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off. The high-pass crossover can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Lows: The low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
EEQ (Easy EQ) + 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
- Auto Level Control (ALC): This function automatically corrects the audio level difference between the music files and/or the sources.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. You can turn this feature on or off.
20 questions already asked