About the Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX
When you're looking for a full-featured digital multimedia receiver, Pioneer's DMH-W2770NEX has you covered. Its 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display gives you great visual quality and responsive operation. This receiver features built-in wired and wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ as well as built-in wi-fi and Bluetooth® for simple smartphone connections. And with the Weblink and Vozsis apps installed on your phone you'll be able to access all the convenience of Amazon Alexa. The DMH-W2770NEX is also compatible with the SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (sold separately) to listen to music, news, sports, and podcasts.
Wired and wireless smartphone integration
With your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone connected, you'll gain a variety of apps that are simple to switch between, whether you're using this radio's touchscreen or voice control. This receiver offers these options:
- Bluetooth: The DMH-W2770NEX's built-in Bluetooth technology allows you to make hands-free calls and playback, pause, and select audio from your smartphone.
- Wired and wireless Android Auto: Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
- Wired and wireless Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
- Screen mirroring: If you use apps unsupported by Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, this receiver will mirror your Android and iPhone screen, giving you touchscreen control over your favorite phone features. Requires wired USB connection.
- Amazon Alexa: With the Weblink and Vozsis apps installed on your phone you can use Alexa voice control to play music, hear the news, check weather, control smart home devices, and more. To learn more about Alexa's features on the DMH-W2770NEX, visit https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Alexa.
Multiple content options
Got your own music or video library? Load your files onto a USB drive for easy playback through this receiver's USB port, including high-res WAV and FLAC files. If you're looking for radio content that stays with you as you travel, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Pioneer to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast. The DMH-W2770NEX also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations.
This receiver offers a 13-band equalizer to help you dial in your sound. The equalizer includes five presets that give you an easy way to adjust the sound. You'll also get high- and low-pass filters as well as loudness and bass boost controls, giving you plenty of adjustment options.
The DMH-W2770NEX features a rear USB port and a 3.5 mm AUX input to connect your devices. It also includes a RCA video output that allows you to add an external monitor, such as rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). You can also connect a backup camera for extra safety, including parking lines for safety when backing in or out of a parking spot.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- 6.75" capacitive touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC music files (plus high-res WAV and FLAC)
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- remote control
- wireless or wired Android Auto compatible
- wireless or wired Apple CarPlay compatible
- screen mirroring for iPhones and Android devices
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- 13-band graphic EQ with 5 presets
- high- and low-pass filters
- loudness and bass boost controls
- inputs: rear USB input, rear aux input (minijack), rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMH-W2770NEX
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Preout harness
- SWC/Camera harness
- Aux harness
- SiriusXM harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V battery (pre-installed in remote)
- 8" USB extension cable
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable)
- Sticky pad
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- 6 Counter-sunk ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Installation Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Sheet
Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||Y|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|iPhone||5S and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||13 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (192kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Touchscreen, Alexa, & Remote Control
CarPlay, Android Auto, & WebLink
Built-In Bluetooth Audio & Phone
USB & iPhone/Android Integration
AM/FM Tuner + SiriusXM Ready
Video In/Out + Camera Input
Audio & DSP Section
6.75" Capacitive Touchscreen: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX features a 6.75" capacitive LCD touchscreen display with a resolution of 800 x 480 (RGB), for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The capacitive LCD touchscreen is highly responsive, powerful, and very intuitive for exceptional control. The capacitive touchscreen offers multi-touch gestures like pinch-to-zoom, plus simple swipe & scroll controls - similar to your smartphone's touchscreen interface. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a connected component such as an iPhone, Android smartphone, Bluetooth phone, or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system.
- Wallpaper: You can choose from 5 preset wallpaper backgrounds. You cannot upload your own custom background.
- Dimmer: The receiver's touchscreen display & button illumination can be dimmed manually or automatically. You can set the unit's LCD touchscreen & button illumination to automatically dim when your vehicle's headlights are turned on (this function requires that the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit).
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video or mirror content on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display a "Caution" message, if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
- The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
- CarPlay and Android Auto do not require that the parking brake be engaged.
Front-Panel Control w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used capacitive touch buttons along the left edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to blue, red, yellow, green or white.
Alexa Voice Control: WebLink also gives you access to Amazon's Alexa digital voice assistant. By downloading the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) and the Vozsis with Alexa app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) in addition to the WebLink Host app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ or Android OS 6.0+) onto your compatible iPhone with Lightning connector or Android smartphone, you gain access to Amazon's Alexa digital voice assistant. Using Alexa is simple (just tap-and-ask); you'll need to press the "Alexa" icon on the receiver's touchscreen through the WebLink and Vozsis app before saying "Alexa,...". You can ask to play your Amazon music library and other compatible music services (such as Pandora, iHeart, etc.), call a phonebook contact or business, hear the news, check weather, control smart home devices, and more. Alexa lives in the cloud, so it's always getting smarter, adding new capabilities that are delivered to your compatible smartphone device automatically.
- Music & Audiobooks: You can ask Alexa to select, play, and control your favorite music from Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Spotify, and SiriusXM. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible. *The Pioneer receiver may not support all of Amazon Alexa compatible music services.
- Phone Calls: Ask Alexa to call a contact or place of business. Access to your phone and contacts must be enabled within the Alexa app.
- Traffic & Parking: You'll be able to ask Alexa for traffic information and available parking.
- Weather, News, & Sports: Check weather reports, news updates, and sport scores using Amazon Alexa and your voice.
- Smarthome Control: Use Amazon Alexa and your voice to control compatible smarthome devices, such as garage door openers and outdoor lighting.
- Questions & Answers: Amazon Alexa lets you ask questions about general things and check Wikipedia.
- Times & Alarms: Use your voice and Amazon Alexa, you can set timers and alarms.
- Access to Alexa will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android device to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- In addition to a USB connection, you'll also need to pair and connect your Apple iOS or Android device via Bluetooth to the Pioneer receiver.
- Alexa cannot be accessed by simply saying "Alexa" like on some smart speaker devices; Alexa will be accessed through the WebLink app and touchscreen on the Pioneer receiver.
- Alexa does not control source, menu, and other internal functions of the Pioneer receiver. Alexa only supports control of its compatible cloud-based services.
- The WebLink and Vozsis app must remain open on your compatible phone. If these apps are closed, then the Alexa function is disabled.
- Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all Alexa features and may not support some Alexa voice control functions.
Remote Functions: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX receiver comes with an IR wireless remote control, plus support for factory steering wheel control (adapter sold separately).
- Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the multimedia head unit and your connected devices.
- Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. You can turn this feature on or off.
Built-In WiFi: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX features built-in WiFi wireless connectivity specifically designed to support a cable free connection between your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone and the receiver. By supporting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto,, you no longer need to worry about taking your smartphone out of your bag or your pocket before you get into your car.
- GPS Antenna: Before using CarPlay or Android Auto, make sure the included GPS antenna and vehicle speed sensing (VSS) wire are properly connected. The GPS antenna is required for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay navigation maps (including Google Maps, Apple Maps, and Waze). The GPS antenna comes with a small self-stick pad which mounts it on top of your dash inside the vehicle.
- Data Plan Required: Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or LTE (4G) for CarPlay, Android Auto, Alexa, and WebLink to function. Access to CarPlay and Android online app services will depend on the availability of a cellular network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. App services may not be available in all regions.
Note: The WebLink app requires a USB connection and does not suppor a wireless WiFi connection.
Wireless Apple CarPlay: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX features Apple CarPlay, the smarter and safer way to use your iPhone 5S or newer (iOS 7.1+) in the car. The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX supports Apple CarPlay through a wireless connection using WiFi and Bluetooth (both connections must be made) or a hardwired USB connection using its rear-panel USB-A port and the supplied USB extension cable. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use Maps, listen to music, access messages, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices through Siri voice recognition and the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen monitor.
- Maps: Apple CarPlay brings the power and simplicity of Apple Maps to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. You can even listen to music from your Apple CarPlay device or other connected source device while using Apple Maps. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: Via Apple CarPlay, you'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Pioneer head receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Through Apple CarPlay, you can access your favorite artists, songs, and playlists from Apple Music on your iPhone using the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Before using Wireless CarPlay, you will need to pair your iPhone to the receiver via Bluetooth and connect the phone to the receiver via a USB cable to make a WiFi connection between the receiver and your iPhone - follow the receiver's on-screen prompts. The WiFi password is listed under "Wireless Settings" in the WiFi menu.
- If you are using a hardwired connection, use the included USB extension cable and an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB extension cable (not included) for connection. Any other USB extension cable or non-certified cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
Wireless Android Auto: The Pioneer receiver supports the Android Auto app for select Android smartphones using a wired or wireless connection. A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the Pioneer receiver using the latest version of the Android Auto app, plus a WiFi and Bluetooth connection (both wireless connections must be made; a wired USB connection must be made initially between the Android phone and the Pioneer receiver to setup Wireless Android Auto). Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can also be connected to the Pioneer receiver's USB-A port using the included USB extension cable and USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into one simple on-screen interface. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Pioneer receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Pioneer receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Pioneer receiver via YouTube Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible apps for Android Auto.
- Click here to learn more about Android Auto compatible phones. Click here regarding setup.
- If you are using a hardwired connection, make sure to use the included USB extension cable and a USB smartphone cable under 6' long (avoid using any other extension cables).
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
WebLink (for iPhone & Android): Download the WebLink Host app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ or Android OS 7.0+) and connect your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone via USB to access select apps such as YouTube, Yelp, and Zomato through the Pioneer digital multimedia receiver. The apps must be downloaded on your compatible mobile device and can then be accessed through the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen using the WebLink interface.
- YouTube: With WebLink, you can access YouTube (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) and play videos on the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen monitor (your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged). You can select videos from a variety of categories or search by keyword(s).
- Yelp: Yelp (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) uses automated software to recommend the most helpful and reliable reviews for the Yelp community among the millions submitted. The software looks at dozens of different signals, including various measures of quality, reliability, and activity on Yelp. Let Yelp help you find the best Restaurants, Hotels, Automotive Service Centers, Banks, Shopping Malls, and more. Search by Category, Favorites, Distance, Point on the Map, or Keyword. A keyword search requires that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.
- Zomato: Zomato (for Apple iOS 12.2+ and Android OS 7.0+) lets you search for and discover restaurants to eat out at or order in from. Browse through restaurant menus, photos, user reviews and ratings to decide where you want to eat, and use the map feature to guide you there.
- MediaPlayer: WebLink's MediaPlayer allows you to access your Apple iOS or Android devices stored music and video library for playback (content must be stored on the device and not the cloud). From the receiver's touchscreen, you can browse your phone's music library by Artist, Album, Genres, Playlist, or Songs. You can also search your music by typing in an artist's name or a song title (the vehicle's parking brake has to be engaged for this feature). In addition, you get playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, & Random/Repeat. The digital media receiver's screen will display song/artist/album information, along with album art.
- Once you have your device connected to the head unit and you have selected WebLink as the source, the WebLink app is not controllable from your Apple iOS or Android device. If you need to control the WebLink app from your smartphone, you will have to disconnect your phone's cable from the Pioneer receiver.
- The WebLink app must be opened as the primary app on your phone. If you press the home button or go to access other apps on your phone, the WebLink apps will pause on the Pioneer receiver, until the WebLink app is the primary app again. WebLink will not work with the app only running in the background.
- Some apps within WebLink will require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged to operate certain functions & features of the application.
Bluetooth 4.2: The DMH-W2770NEX is equipped with built-in Bluetooth version 4.2, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX .
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DMH-W2770NEX without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit. Once an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically links the head unit and device together.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the DMH-W2770NEX provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The DMH-W2770NEX allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming phone call, the head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call.
- Making A Call: The DMH-W2770NEX offers a variety of ways to make call using the in-dash receiver.
- Direct Dialing: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Phone Book: The phone book (up to 1000 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the touchscreen monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. You can control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Reverse, and Repeat/Random from the head unit. The unit will also display your stored music's and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). Album Art is not supported.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
USB MSC Compatibility w/ High Resolution Playback: The unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX. The head unit will also display your USB device's stored music information - including Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song & Album title, as well as Album Art. The Pioneer NEX Series receiver even supports playback of high-resolution FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz). High-Resolution Audio is high-quality sound that exceeds CD standard. High-resolution audio captures and beautifully expresses all the details of your favorite music.
|Media Type||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: 8-320kbps; 8-48kHz |
WMA: 8-320kbps; 32-48kHz
AAC: 16-320kbps; 8-48kHz
WAV: 8 or 16-bit; 16-48kHz
FLAC (High Resolution): 8, 16, or 24-bit; 8-192kHz
AVI: 1920 x 1080/30fps (4GB)
|Photo||JPEG: 32 x 32 - 5000 x 5000 |
PNG: 32 x 32 - 720 x 576
BMP: 32 x 32 - 1920 x 936
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA-tags, AAC-tags, FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
- The head unit's USB port does not support USB hubs or USB card-readers.
- The USB port does not support Android AOA 2.0 or MTP protocols.
- Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
USB Mirroring for Android: You are able to mirror the screen of your Android smartphone (OS 5.0 to 10.0) on the DMH-17700NEX's touchscreen monitor through its rear-panel USB connection and the Autolink App (requires your vehicle's parking brake to be engaged). You'll be able to operate compatible Android applications with finger gestures such as tapping, dragging, scrolling, or flicking the touchscreen monitor of the Pioneer digital multimedia receiver.
- Android Mirroring and the Autolink App only support Android OS devices running OS 5.0 to 10.0; not compatible with newer Android operating software.
- Android mirroring requires that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.
- The supported touchscreen gestures may vary depending on the compatible Android application.
- USB Mirroring is not supported for Apple iOS devices.
iPhone Music Playback: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX's rear-panel USB port and 58" USB extension cable can also be used to simply connect your Apple iPhone with Lightning connector (5S and newer) for music playback only. You'll need a an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your compatible iPhone to the DMH-W2770NEX. The USB connection allows for audio playback of stored music, music apps, and other audio content. You can use the head unit to control playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. You can also browse your music by category (playlist/song/artist/album/genre/etc.), In addition, the unit will display song/artist/album information (including album art).
- Compatible iPhone models include 13/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13 Mini, 12/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12 Mini, 11/11 Pro Max/11 Pro, X/XR/XS/XS Max, 8/8 Plus, 7 /7 Plus, 6 /6S Plus, 6/6 Plus, 5S, and SE.
- Not compatible with older iPhones not listed above, iPod nano, iPod touch, and any 30-pin Apple devices.
Smartphone Charging: The head unit's USB-A connection provides 5V/1.5A of current to power and charge your connected Apple iPhone or Android device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your mobile device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations
SiriusXM-Ready: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX is SiriusXM-Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply activate a SiriusXM Radio subscription (fees will apply) and connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated port on the rear of the receiver for playback and control of satellite radio. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
- Channel List & Cateogry Search: Channel list displays a list of all available channels. Category Search allows you to searche for channels in a certain genre or category.
- Song/Artist/Album Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title (including album art & station logo) can be viewed on the head unit's touchscreeen monitor.
- 18 Presets: You can save up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets for quick and easy access.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AV Input: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting an external audio/video device, such as a DVD player or TV tuner (sold separately). The Pioneer receiver's parking brake wire must be connected and your vehicle's parking brake engaged in order for the head unit to display a video signal.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor, such as rear headrest or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a AV-input or USB video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: CarPlay, Android Auto, and WebLink are not supported by the video output.
Backup Camera Input w/ Guidelines: The Pioneer receiver is equipped with a composite video camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC8, sold separately). The unit provides on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up and parking your vehicle. These guideline do not automatically appear on the rear-view image. You must tap the "Park Assist Guidelines" icon on the touchscreen while the rear-view image is visible on the receiver's touchscreen. The backup camera input offers two view modes -
- Auto View: The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image. When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds.
- Camera View: There is also a Camera View mode which allows you to manually bring up the rearview camera image on the receiver's touchscreen monitor to check what is behind you while driving. You can leave the Camera View mode on if you want to see the rearview image at all times; for instance when towing a trailer.
Note: The rearview camera input is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the backup camera when driving and manuvering your vehicle. In addition to using the camera, always look around your vehicle to make sure everything is clear while driving.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX is equipped with a 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for superb quality audio playback from disc, USB, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Bluetooth.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the DMH-W2770NEX are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX features three pair of 2.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer DMH-W2770NEX lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
High & Low Pass Crossovers: The DMH-W2770NEX employs high pass and low pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speakers and subs. The head unit features a HPF (High Pass Filter) for its front & rear speaker-level or preamp outputs. The HPF's crossover frequency can be set to 25, 32 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz. The head unit features a LPF (Low Pass Filter) for its subwoofer preamp output. The LPF's crossover frequency can be set to 25, 32, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz.
EEQ (Easy EQ) + 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, or Custom . The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 31.5k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (0 to 12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
6 questions already asked