About the Pioneer DXT-P99RS-80
80 years of Pioneer
80 years of Pioneer
How special is this badged system that celebrates 80 years of Pioneer achievement? Well, with this 80th Anniversary system in your vehicle, you'll be one of only 80 drivers to own this limited edition package which includes a DEX-P99RS car stereo, TS-Z65CH component speaker system, TS-Z10LS4 subwoofer, and three PRS-D800 amplifiers. For some, it may be difficult to imagine a car audio system that rivals (or even surpasses) a hi-fi home audio system, but Pioneer has assembled the gear here to make that dream sound possible in your ride. Recall the most thrilling time that a song ever enhanced your drive, then imagine achieving that with every song... every time you hit the road. That's the Pioneer Anniversary experience, and you'll have a uniquely numbered "80th Anniversary Model" commemorative plate to prove it.
Controlling your system
Pioneer designed the DEX-P99RS car stereo to make a statement without detracting from the overall look of your dash. Its sleek display accommodates straightforward and enjoyable operation while making room for a touch of flair — a rose gold aluminum plate reads "80th Anniversary Model." Naturally, there's more to this receiver than good looks —the DEX-P99RS eliminates an internal amplifier to keep an audio signal as pure as possible, and its electronics are housed in a copper-plated chassis that eliminates RF and magnetic signals that can introduce unwanted noise into even the finest audio components.
With immaculate sound in mind, the engineers at Pioneer used custom-designed audiophile-grade capacitors built specifically for the DEX-P99RS, ensuring the highest quality parts and cleanest performance. The receiver also uses four digital-to-analog converters (DACs), one each for each set of preamp outputs, to convert your digital media with the highest possible signal-to-noise ratio and outstanding dynamic range. The 31-band equalizer offers independent control over the right and left channels for shaping of acoustic output.
Pioneer keeps this receiver versatile for plenty of media options. Choose between CD playback, the AM/FM tuner, an aux input, and a rear USB input for playing music files.
High-performance component speakers
Pioneer built the TS-Z65CH 6-1/2" component system to reproduce music that's incredibly close to the original performance. To ensure a premium audio experience, Pioneer uses a dual layer cone of Twaron and cellulose, which makes the woofer extremely strong and stable for exceptional bass response with low coloration and distortion. An oversized aluminum dome tweeter reproduces the most demanding passages in your music, while maintaining its accuracy in high-level playback. With these gold-trimmed Z-Series speakers installed in your doors, you can turn up your music and savor all the nuances you've been craving in the car. Pioneer adds 80th Anniversary gold color highlights on the grilles' Pioneer badging and gold-plated terminals on both the crossover network and woofer lugs.
For a satisfying hi-fi sound, Pioneer includes this TS-Z10LS4 10" shallow-mount sub with gold-plated input terminals. Its low profile allows you to install it in places where an ordinary subwoofer won't fit. The oversized dual-layer cone of Aramid fiber and cellulose fiber supported by a tough butyl rubber surround delivers accurate, hard-hitting bass notes even when the music's turned up loud. The lightweight die-cast aluminum basket provides an incredibly stable housing for the sub, without any coloration.
Pioneer prioritizes convenience by supplying this system with three PRS-D800 2-channel amplifiers, letting you mount them wherever works best for your vehicle. Their understated yet tasteful design makes them an easy match for most interiors, and they're each badged with an aluminum plate which displays "80th Anniversary Model" in rose-gold ink. Use one amp to power the 6-1/2" woofers, one to power the 1-1/8" aluminum tweeters, and the third amp in bridged mode to give the TS-Z10LS4 sub some hearty thump.
- package includes uniquely badged DEX-P99RS car stereo, TS-Z65CH component speaker system, TS-Z10LS4 subwoofer, and three uniquely badged PRS-D800 amplifiers
- 80th Anniversary commemorative badge included
- CD receiver/preamp (no built-in amplifier)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files (will not play Digital Rights-protected music files)
- motorized, detachable face with white OEL display
- copper-plated chassis
- four 24-bit DACs and 32-bit digital signal processor
- 31-band equalizer with independent right and left channel adjustments
- Auto EQ with supplied microphone
- Auto TA time alignment
- three level Sound Retriever for compressed music files
- high- and low-pass filters
- built-in iPod control cable included
- inputs: front auxiliary input, rear USB input (for Windows Media devices, USB storage devices, and iPod)
- outputs: 8-channel preamp outputs (5-volt highs, mids, lows, subwoofer)
80th Anniversary Features:
- DEX-P99RS: 80th Anniversary bespoke aluminum plate in rose gold, marked with "80th Anniversary Model"
- PRS-D800: hairline finish aluminum top plate adorned with "80th Anniversary Model" in rose gold color ink
- TS-Z65CH: commemorative 80th Anniversary gold color highlights on the Pioneer logo badging (grille) and gold-plated terminals on both the crossover network and woofer lugs
- TS-Z10LS4: gold-plated input terminals
- Extra: commemorative "80th Anniversary Model" sequentially numbered engraved plate
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DXT-P99RS-80
What's in the box:
- Pioneer DEX-P99RS:
- CD player
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Power/ground wiring harness
- Preamp-output harness
- Wireless remote control
- CR2032 Lithium battery (installed)
- Face case
- 59" USB cable (with a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- 23" iPod cable (with an Apple iPod dock connector on one end and a USB type-A connector on other end)
- Setup microphone (with attached 6.75' cable terminated by a 2.5mm connector)
- Dash mount (for remote control)
- Two-sided tape
- Steering wheel mount (for remote control)
- 2 Rubber straps
- 2 Extraction keys
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Face fixing screw
- Operation Manual
- Installation Manual (Eng/Fre)
- Important Notice
- "RCA Caution" note
- "Installation Warning" note
- Limited Warranty (US/Canada)
- Pioneer PRS-D800:
- Three 2-Channel amplifier
- 6 Endcaps (pre-installed)
- 12 Mounting brackets
- 12 Screws (3mm x 8mm)
- 12 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 18mm)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Sheet
- Pioneer TS-Z65CH:
- Two woofers
- Two tweeters (with attached 17" speaker leads terminated with quick-connects)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Factory tweeter mount brackets
- Four 1/2" Screws
- Twelve 3/4" Screws
- Warranty information
- Pioneer TS-Z10LS4:
- One 10" Shallow mount subwoofer
- Six 1-1/8" Self-tapping screws
- Rubber gasket (installed)
- Warranty information
More details on the Pioneer DXT-P99RS-80
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Reference Series Construction: The Pioneer Reference-Series DEX-P99RS features high-quality construction for better sound reproduction:
- Copper-Plated Chassis: The Reference-Series DEX-P99RS features a copper-plated chassis to eliminate magnetic induction noise.
- L/R Symmetric PCB: The Reference-Series DEX-P99RS's entire circuit board is painstakingly designed for utmost sound quality. Circuit trace path lengths are equalized and kept as short as possible, and components are carefully laid out and shielded to prevent RF noise or interference.
- Custom-Made Capacitors: The Pioneer Reference-Series DEX-P99RS utilizes custom-made audiophile grade capacitors and other components to ensure the highest quality.
Reference Series Sound: The Pioneer Reference-Series DEX-P99RS provides the purest, most realistic sound in your car by using high-quality circuitry, high-performance DACs, and high-precision digital-signal processing (DSP).
- Sound Master Clock Circuitry: The latest integrated circuits require superior clock signal quality to handle digital data accurately without distortion at ever-higher speeds. The Sound Master Clock Circuitry generates clock waveforms to read and process digital signals with ultra-precision, and eliminate jitter noise in transmission. The result is faithful playback of the original source.
- High-Slew Rate OP Amp: The DEX-P99RS features Linear Technology Corporation's high-slew rate OP amplifier used in high-end home audio for its precise gain and sound linearity characteristics.
- L/R Independent High-Volt Volume Circuit: The DEX-P99RS features a custom-made electric volume driven by a dual-sided power supply (rarely found in a head unit), which provides overwhelming dynamic range and high S/N (Signal-to-Noise) ratio.
- 24-Bit AKM DACs: The Pioneer Reference-Series DEX-P99RS uses four 24-bit AKM DACs (one for each preamp output: high, mid, low, and sub). These four 24-bit AKM DACs offer a 115dB S/N ratio with a high-durability to jitter, and superior dynamic range and quietness.
- 32-Bit Binary Floating-Point DSP: The DEX-P99RS incorporates 32-Bit Binary Floating-Point DSP for high-precision and high-speed sound processing. The unique use of 32-bit "floating point" DSP offers significantly higher accuracy, especially at high frequencies and low signal levels.
4 Pair of 5.0-Volt Preamp Outputs With DSP Control: The Pioneer DEX-P99RS features four pairs of 5.0-volt preamp outputs (High, Mid, Low, Sub), along with a 4-way network DSP. This allows you to create a 4-way multi-amp, multi-speaker system with separate speakers for reproduction of high, middle, low, and ultra-low frequencies (bands), each driven by a dedicated amplifier (sold separately). The 4-Way Network DSP lets you divide the audio signal into different frequency bands, and then reproduce each of them through the units corresponding preamp outputs. You can then make precise adjustments to the reproduced frequency band (with a low-pass filter and high-pass filter), level, phase, and other parameters to match the characteristics of each pair of preamp outputs.
- Frequency Range: You can adjust the HPF (high-pass filter) and
LPF (low-pass filter) cut-of frequency to set the reproduced frequency range
for each pair of preamp outputs. The HPF cuts frequencies (low) below the
set frequency, letting only high frequencies to pass through. The LPF cuts
frequencies (high) above the set frequency, letting only low frequencies to
pass through. You can make the following HPF and LPF adjustments:
- High: LPF (5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k, 20k); HPF (800Hz, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.15k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k)
- Mid: LPF (25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 315Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 630Hz, 800Hz, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.15k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k, 20k); HPF (20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 653Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 315Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 630Hz, 800Hz, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.15k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k)
- Low: LPF (25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 315Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 630Hz, 800Hz, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.15k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k, 20k); HPF (20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 653Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 315Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 630Hz, 800Hz, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.15k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k)
- Sub: LPF (25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 315Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 630Hz, 800Hz, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.15k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k, 20k); HPF (20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 653Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 315Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz, 630Hz, 800Hz, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.15k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k)
- Slope: Adjusting the HPF/LPF slope (filter attenuation
slope) lets you adjust the continuity of sound between speakers. You can
make the following slope adjustments for each frequency band:
- High-HPF: 6dB/oct., 12dB/oct., 18dB/oct., 24dB/oct., 30dB/oct., 36dB/oct.
- High-LPF, Mid-LPF, Mid-HPF, Low-LPF, Low-HPF, SW-LPF, SW-HPF: 6dB/oct., 12dB/oct., 18dB/oct., 24dB/oct., 30dB/oct. 36dB/oct.
- Phase: You can switch phase (normal/reverse) for each preamp channel output signal. This will improve the continuity of sound between speakers.
- Level: The difference in reproduced levels between connected
speakers can be corrected by adjusting the level of each select frequency
- High-LPF, High HPF, Mid-LPF, Mid-HPF: 0 dB to -24 dB
- Low-LPF, Low-HPF, SW-LPF, SW-HPF: 6 dB to -24 dB
- Mute: You can mute each preamp output channel individually. When an output channel is muted, no sound is outputted to the connected speaker.
Auto EQ and TA: Auto EQ uses the included microphone to monitor and analyze acoustics, then automatically fine-tunes all frequency bandwidths and front and rear speaker digital parametric equalization. Auto TA uses this same microphone to automatically adjust for distance between each speaker and the listening position. This entire process occurs in 543 seamless steps in just about 5 minutes to tailor specific musical and acoustic characteristics to your vehicle.
Position Adjustments: The DEX-P99RS offers the following position controls to accurately reproduce music in your vehicle:
- Balance Adjustment: You can select a balance setting that provides an ideal listening environment in all occupied seats.
- Position Selector: The Position Selector function lets you automatically adjust the speakers' output levels and inserts a delay time to match the number and position of occupied seats. You can choose Driver seat, Passenger seat, or Front seat.
- Time Alignment: The Time Alignment function lets you adjust the
distance between each speaker and the listening position, so that sound from
all speakers reaches the driver's ears in perfect sync. Time Alignment can
be set manually (custom), automatically (Auto TA), or to a default (initial)
- Initial: factory supplied time alignment setting
- Custom: adjusted time alignment that you create (0.0' to 155.39')
- Auto TA: Auto TA automatically estimates the delay from each speaker to the driver's position and adjusts speaker sound output timing accordingly (using supplied microphone)
L/R Independent 31-Band Digital Equalizer: The built-in 31-band digital equalizer allows you to precisely control the in-cabin acoustics of your vehicle. Unparalleled flexibility is provided through either Left/Right independent setup, or for easier setup L/R common is available. Each frequency band of the 31-band digital EQ (20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125hz, 160hz, 200Hz, 250Hz, 315hz, 400hz, 500hz, 630Hz, 800hz, 1k, 1.25k, 1.6k, 2k, 2.5k, 3.15k, 4k, 5k, 6.3k, 8k, 10k, 12.5k, 16k, 20k) can be adjusted from -12 to +12. There are 5 custom memories to allow multiple setups. There is also a Flat setting.
Note: The 31-band digital equalizer can also be set automatically using the auto-setup microphone.
Other Audio Settings: Other audio settings include -
- Sound Retriever: The Sound Retriever function automatically enhances compressed audio and restores rich sound.
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume levels.
- Digital Attenuator: You can use the digital attenuator function to reduce distortion from CD or other sources recorded at higher volumes.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): SLA lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources.
Disc Playback: The Pioneer CD receiver supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. This unit can play MP3, WMA and WAV files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. MP3 files with a bit rate from 8-320 kbps, WMA files with a constant bit rate from 48-320 kbps, and WMA files with a variable bit rate from 48-384 kbps are supported. The unit is compatible with ID3 Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments. Up to 8 directories, 99 folders and 999 files per disc are recognized by this unit. This unit will also playback AAC files encoded by iTunes recorded onto CDs, however files purchased from the iTunes Music Store (.m4a file extension) are not compatible. Tracks recorded at transmission rates of 16-320 kbps are playable on this unit.
- File Name List: The File Name List feature displays a list of MP3/WMA/AAC folders and tracks on a loaded CD or connected USB device, so you can easily access your music. Track Title List will also display the list of track titles on a CD Text disc.
- Disc Titles: You can input CD titles and display them on the head unit's LCD display. The next time you insert a CD for which you have entered a title, the title of the CD is displayed. You can use the disc title input feature to store up to 48 CD titles in the unit. Each title can be up to 10 characters long.
Note: Optimum CD playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 60-degrees. When playing compressed audio, there is no sound during fast-forward or reverse.
USB Input: The unit's rear-panel USB type-A input (attached via 8" pigtail) and the included 59" USB cable allow you to connect a USB portable audio player or USB flash memory that is USB Mass Storage Class compliant. This unit can play MP3, WMA, AAC, and/or WAV files stored on a USB Mass Storage device in FAT16 or FAT32 file system formats. MP3 files with a bit rate from 8-320 kbps, AAC files with a bit rate of 16-320 kbps, WMA files with a constant bit rate from 48-320 kbps, and WMA files with a variable bit rate from 48-384 kbps are supported. The unit is compatible with ID3 Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments. Up to 8 directories, 500 folders, and 15000 files per USB device are recognized by this unit. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or on.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of an Android OS device.
iPod Connectivity: The DEX-P99RS can control and playback songs from select iPods/iPhones with a standard Dock Connector. You can connect your iPod/iPhone using the unit's rear-panel USB input, the supplied 59" USB cable, and the included 23" USB/iPod dock cable (or the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPod/iPhone). The head unit's USB port provides a direct digital bit connection to your iPod/iPhone to the unit's DSP and DAC for high-quality sound. When connected via USB, you can choose to control the iPod from the head unit or the iPod itself. You can perform multiple search functions, including playlist, genre, artist, or album searches. You can also select random and repeat functions for a certain song, all songs, or specific folders. The head unit will also display your iPod's music file information, including Play Time, Song Title, Artist Name, and Album Title. The unit also offers Link Search, which searches for other songs of the currently selected artist, album, or genre. While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the USB connection will power and charge your iPod. The Pioneer DEX-P99RS is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 12/29/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Auxiliary Input: The DEX-P99RS is equipped with a front panel 2.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input (located on bottom of front-panel) for connecting external components, such as a portable MP3 player). AUX must be turned on in the setup menu in order to be selected as a source.
Motorized Face w/ Detachable Security: The Pioneer Reference-Series DEX-P99RS features a motorized face which electronically slides-down, with the press of a button, to insert and eject a disc. This unit features Detachable Face Security. If the front panel is not detached from the head unit within five seconds of turning off the ignition, a warning tone will sound. The warning tone can be turned off in the menu, if desired. A hard-plastic face case is provide to protect the front-panel when detached.
OEL Display: The Pioneer DEX-P99RS features a white Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) dot matrix display which is easier to see in most lighting conditions. You can easily view file and folder lists from your MP3, WMA, and CD Text-encoded discs, radio presets, or data from your iPod, and XM Radio. The brightness of the display can be set between 0 and 15.
- Entertainment Displays: You can enjoy entertainment displays while listening to each sound source. You can choose from the following: Basic Display, Spectrum Analyzer 1/2, Level Meter, or Display Off.
- Ever Scroll: When the Ever Scroll feature is set to On, recorded text information scrolls continuously on the display. It will auto-scroll up to 64 characters. Set this feature to Off if you prefer the information to scroll only once.
- Reverse Mode: If you don't perform an operation within approximately 30 seconds, screen indications start to reverse, and then continue reversing every 10 seconds.
- Multi-Language Display: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language - English, French, or Spanish.
Illumination Settings: The Pioneer DEX-P99RS offers the following Illumination adjustments.
- Adjustable Illumination: You can select the illumination for the head unit's front-panel controls. You can choose between White, Red, Amber, Green, and Blue. You can also adjust the brightness of each color. In addition, you can create a custom illumination color by adjusting the level of three primary colors (Red, Green, Blue). You can even set the unit's button illumination to only turn on when you turn your vehicle's headlights on (using the radio's illumination wire). The head unit's OEL display will remain white even if button illumination is adjusted.
- Illumination Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. You can turn the dimmer function On or Off. The orange/white illumination wire must be connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit in order for this feature to work.
- Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the Source button turns off audio output, but the clock display remains on. When the Clock Display has been turned off, pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely. Even if you have turned the radio completely off you can view the clock display by pressing the clock/display button. The clock will then remain On until you turn it back Off. When the unit is On you can select between the clock display or the audio track/tuner display.
Remote Control: The Pioneer DEX-P99RS comes with an IR wireless remote control and offers support for an optional steering wheel control adapter (sold separately).
- IR Remote: The included IR remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause the CD, change the display, and adjust the audio. The mute button allows you to quickly lower the volume by about 90% ( function that cannot be performed from the front panel). The remote comes with a dash-mount and steering-wheel mount for added convenience.
- Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
3 Stereo Amplifiers: The Pioneer 80th Anniversary package includes three Pioneer PRS-D800 two-channel power amplifiers to drive the component speaker system and 10" Z series subwoofer.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Pioneer PRS-D800 2-Channel Power Amplifier power ratings are measured according to standards provided by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA2006 Specifications for this amplifier are:
- Two-Channel: 125 watts RMS x 2 at 4-ohms, 14.4 V, and 1% THD+N (150 watts x 2 at 2-ohms, 14.4 V, and 1% THD+N)
- Bridged: 300 Watts x 1 at 4-ohms, 14.4 V, and 1% THD+N
Class-FD Amp: A Class-D amplifier offers higher power in a smaller chassis than conventional Class-AB amp designs. Pioneer's exclusive Class-FD design not only delivers full-range Class-D amplification, but is more efficient than other designs. The result is clear and vivid sound in an extraordinarily small amplifier. The ultra-compact design provides a multitude of installation options.
PRS Amp Design: The PRS amplifier includes high-performance, high-slew rate amplifier circuitry from Linear Technology Corporation which accurately generates PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signals from analog input signals. The use of electrolytic capacitors create a wide frequency response and dynamic range for high-end tone and detail. Anti-vibration materials under the power transformer eliminate vibrations that are detrimental to sound, giving you a higher signal-to-noise ratio and lower distortion.
Controls: The Pioneer PRS-D800 amplifier provides the following controls.
- Input Select Switch: The amplifier's input select switch (on the bottom of the chassis) allows you to choose between a 2-channel or 1-channel mode. The 2-channel mode requires connecting a pair of RCA cords to the amplifier's Channel A and Channel B RCA inputs, while the 1-channel mode only requires you to run a single RCA cord to the amplifier's Channel A RCA input. In 2-channel mode, you can run a stereo or bridged mono configuration. In 1-channel mode, you can run two speakers on a single channel, such as left front and left rear, or one speaker in a bridged configuration.
- Independent Gain Controls: The Pioneer PRS-D800 features independent adjustable gain controls for Channel A and Channel B. This means that no matter what kind of radio is connected to this amplifier, the appropriate gain control adjustment can be made to ensure loud, clear, distortion-free music. The Gain Control range is 400mV (0.4V) to 6.5V.
Note: The PRS-D800 does not have built-in crossovers. You should use the crossovers built into the head unit, or a separate electronic crossover, to filter the audio signals to the amplifier.
Inputs & Outputs: The Pioneer PRS-D800 amplifier offers the following inputs and outputs.
- Power Connections: The power and ground connections will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire. The remote turn-on terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The terminals measure 0.3125" wide with a 4mm screw. A Phillips-head or slotted screwdriver can be used to tighten and loosen the terminals. Based on the 30A fuse rating and power output of the amplifier, an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended.
- Speaker Connections: The speaker output terminals will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire. A Phillips-head or slotted screwdriver can be used to tighten and loosen the terminals.
- RCA Input: The amplifier features a pair of gold-plated stereo RCA inputs (Channel A/Channel B).
Z Series Component Speaker: The Z series is based on highly advanced technology developed by Pioneer, employing carefully selected materials and parts, benefiting from our decades of automotive loudspeaker design theory and testing ability. Following Pioneer's OPEN & SMOOTH sound concept, the Z series of automotive loudspeakers features smooth off-axial frequency response, superior directivity and extended frequency range engineered specifically to produce dynamic, accurate sound quality for the car. The result is a purity of sound that achieves unprecedented audio performance.
- Designed For Hi-Res Audio: The quality of music recordings available to listeners has evolved. Hi-Res Audio recordings contain significantly more data compared to a standard CD recording and require a loudspeaker that is capable of smoothly reproducing frequencies of 40kHz or higher. The Z speakers are designed to deliver sound that's clearer, sharper and more complex - reproducing music that is closer to the original performance.
- Aluminum Alloy Balanced Dome Tweeter: The tweeter's aluminum alloy diaphragm allows the tweeter to remain pistonic and linear at ultrasonic frequencies. The unique diaphragm shape, developed using HSDOM (Harmonized Synthetic Diaphragm Optimum Method) computer analysis, accurately controls differential vibration produced by the diaphragm and improves high frequency dispersion. Pioneer's Vertex Drive System improves the mechanical coupling of the voice coil and the tweeter diaphragm, reducing distortion and coloration caused by low damping and increasing power handling.
- Dual Layer Cone Construction: Twaron is a synthetic aramid fiber that is very strong, heat resistant and rigid when woven into a cloth material. Cellulose fibers are naturally self-damping and reduce unwanted resonance. The TS-Z65CH dual layer cone, constructed with both a Twaron layer and a cellulose layer, combines the strengths of both materials. The result is fast response and clear bass, with low coloration and distortion.
Note: The TS-Z65CH component speaker system has a frequency response of 30 to 96kHz with a SPL of 85dB. It can handle up to 110 watts RMS and 330 watts Peak. It is 4-ohm rated.
Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Pioneer, call this size woofer a 6-1/2". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6-1/2" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size as a 6-3/4". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
- Cutout Diameter: 3.522"
- Mounting Depth: 2.565"
- Mounting Height: 0.226"
- Magnet Diameter: 3.522"
- Frame Diameter: 6.488"
Tweeter Mounting: The tweeters can be flush mounted or mounted behind a factory grille using the included housings. Once installed in either housing the tweeters will pivot, so they can be angled to optimize imaging.
|Tweeter Mount Dimensions||Factory Mount||Flush Mount|
Crossovers: The crossovers' inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.36" wide. A switch allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -3 dB, 0 dB (flat), or +3 dB. Crossover dimensions are as follows -
- Width: 4-3/16"
- Height: 1-5/16"
- Depth: 3"
10" Z Subwoofer: The Z subwoofer is based on the same highly advanced technology as the Z full range loudspeakers to create seamlessly integrated musical perfection - fast, detailed and extended bass with tremendous impact and clarity. Combining high fidelity and high output in a compact, shallow design, the Z subwoofer offers virtually unlimited installation flexibility. As a result, the placement of the Z subwoofer can be optimized for sound quality and bass reinforcement, unlike conventional subwoofers that must be installed simply where they physically fit. Balance, speed, power and bass extension - the ultimate combination for low-frequency nirvana.
- Designed for Hi-Res Audio: Even in the sub-bass region, Hi-Res Audio recordings contain significantly more data compared to a standard CD recording and require a subwoofer that is capable of extremely high dynamic range and low distortion that integrates smoothly with the the mid- and high-frequency speakers. The Z subwoofers are designed to take full advantage of Hi-Res Audio recordings, with wide dynamics, extended frequency response and extraordinarily accurate and detailed bass.
- Twaron Subwoofer Cone Construction: Twaron is a synthetic aramid fiber that is very strong, heat resistant and rigid when woven into a cloth material. Subwoofer cones created with Twaron are rigid and low mass with excellent damping characteristics. Strength and rigidity are important to maintain cone shape during challenging bass notes, while damping is critical to improving the responsiveness and signal accuracy. The low mass of an aramid fiber cone improves both sensitivity and the speed of the Z subwoofer, increasing output and power handling.
- Shallow Basket with Oversized Cone & Magnet: Subwoofers require an extremely strong basket that holds the cone, suspension and motor structure together in perfect alignment even during high excursions at low frequencies. Traditional subwoofers require large enclosures that can be challenging to install seamlessly. The Z subwoofer features a shallow basket for installation flexibility, a low Q design for high performance in small enclosures, an oversized cone (15% larger when compared to a conventional 10" subwoofer) and a motor structure with a powerful 67.7 oz. magnet, all of which combine to produce fast, detailed and extended bass with tremendous impact and clarity.
Note: The Z subwoofer can handle up to 400 watts RMS and 1300 watts Peak. It has a frequency response of 20 to 3800 Hz with a SPL of 76 dB. The woofer is 4-ohm rated.
Enclosure Requirements: The woofer can be mounted in a sealed or vented enclosure. The sealed box sizes recommended by Pioneer range from 0.35 ft³ to 0.7 ft³; within this range the ideal size is 0.6 ft³. The vented box sizes recommended by Pioneer range from 0.5ft³ to 0.7 ft³; within this range the ideal size is 0.6 ft³ with a single 3" diameter x 7.5" long port. The woofer can also be mounted in free air to a baffle board (infinite baffle, no enclosure). When mounted in free air, the power handling is reduced by 75% (to 100 watts).
- Cutout Diameter: 9.018"
- Magnet Diameter: 6.659"
- Mounting Depth: 3.223"
- Mounting Height: 1.01"
Terminals: The spring post terminals will accept pin connectors, single banana plugs, or bare wire up to 10 gauge.