About the Pioneer CDX-FM653
Here's an easy way to enjoy CD sound without having to replace your car audio system. You can add CD convenience to any FM car stereo even your factory radio with any of the changer packages on this page. Since Pioneer knows that you don't want to fuss with a lot of connections during your install, they built the FM modulator into the compact CDX-FM653 add-on changer. Automatic Gain Control helps insure accurate disc tracking. Plus, with the ability to mount it at any angle from 0 to 90 degrees, you should have no trouble finding an out-of-the-way mounting location.
Antenna adapters might be required if you haven't already done so, please enter your vehicle information (click on "What Fits My Car?" above) and we'll include them free with your order.
- mounts at any angle from 0° to 90°
- 12 modulation frequencies
- source level adjuster allows you to match CD output to FM level
- wired remote
- changer dimensions: 9-9/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 7-3/16"D
- display dimensions: 3-3/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 7/8"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- 6-disc CD changer with four transport screws
- JD-612S magazine (item 130JDT612S) with two labels
- Power harness (35" ground wire and 18' power wires with in-line 2-amp fuse
- Noise suppressor and 1 kohm fuse resistor)
- 2 metal mounting brackets
- Wired LCD display/remote (CXB3249) with attached 3' cable
- 18' LCD display/remote cable
- Antenna switching unit (with attached 10" male RCA changer input cable and 17" male motorola output cable)
- 17.5' changer RF output cable (male mono mini jack to female RCA)
- Plastic display/remote mounting cup (with metal bracket/2 machine screws/removal tool)
- 2 pieces of velcro to mount display
- Cable guide
- 4 hole cover stickers in bag for transport screws
- 4 self-tapping screws
- 4- 2" bolts (one flat washer and one lock washer on each)
- 4 nuts
- 4 Phillips/hex head machine screws (one flat washer on each)
- Operation manual (Eng/Frch/Span)
- Installation manual (Eng/Frch/Span)
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer CDX-FM653
Basic Disc Control Functions:
- Track Search up/down
- Fast-forward and reverse search
- Disc Select
- Random Play (Disc and changer), no delete
- Track Repeat (for current track)
- Disc Repeat (for single disc)
- All Repeat (plays all discs repeatedly)
Controls on Wired Remote/Display:
Dimensions: W=3.933", H=1.452", D=0.719"
CXB3249 Wired Remote/Display Buttons:
- Power/Adjust: turns power on/off and accesses settings mode
- P.Mode: selects repeat and random modes
- Pause: pauses playback
- DISC search up/down: select discs and modulation frequency
- TRACK search FF./REV: select tracks and output level
The display may be mounted with Velcro or dash mounted using the provided mounting cup and bracket. Dash mounting using the bracket requires a 4-3/16" x 1-11/16" cutout with a depth of 5/8".
Illumination: when the system is on, the buttons are Bakelite with green illumination and the LCD illuminates in green.
Dimensions of the LCD on the wired remote: 2.1"W x 0.45"H
The changer can be installed at any angle from 0 to 90 degrees. There are angle switching dials on both sides of the changer which must be set to agree with the mounting angle of the unit.
The door slides open from right to left. There is a handle attached to the door that must be lifted to open the door; when the door is closed, the handle acts as a latch to keep the door securely shut.
This changer has Twelve Modulation Frequencies ranging from 87.9 to 90.1 MHz in 0.2 MHz increments.
A source level adjuster allows you to match the CD output level with the FM level. This adjustment can be selected from the remote.
There is a CLEAR button located inside door.
The wired remote/display has a 3' cord that plugs
into one end of the supplied 18' remote/display cord. The other end of the supplied 18'
remote/display cord plugs into the CD changer.
The "antenna switching unit" has an 17" lead terminating in a male Motorola plug which plugs into the receiver's antenna input (unless you use an optional extension, the box must be located within 17" of the radio). The vehicle's antenna plugs into a female Motorola antenna input on the switching unit. Also connected to the box is a 10" cable terminated with a male RCA jack; this cable plugs into the supplied 17.5' changer RF output cable (the RF output cable is terminated with a female RCA jack on one end and a right angle male mono minijack, which plugs into the changer, on the other).
The 18' power harness contains a main power lead (with an in-line 2 amp fuse), a turn-on lead (with an in-line 1 ohm fuse resistor), and a 35" ground lead. It plugs into the back of the changer with a Molex connector.
Pioneer makes available an adapter 130CDFP30 which allows you to connect it to a new Pioneer CD changer controller head unit without going through the tuner. Control over the changer will still be from the controller in the FM package, but the audio will not be modulated!
DON'T FORGET - Depending on your vehicle, FM antenna adapters and/or DIN removal tools may be required for installation.