About the Pioneer GM-X952
Pioneer amps have a well-deserved reputation for clean sound and great power. The GM-X952 amplifier allows you to adjust input sensitivity (from 0.4 to 6.5V) for optimal matching of amp and receiver. The Balanced Isolator design ensures crystal-clear musical reproduction by eliminating nasty ground loop noise.
The selectable built-in low-pass crossover (80 Hz at 12 dB per octave) lets you keep unwanted frequencies from your subwoofers. 1-year warranty.Details:
- stereo, bridged mono or Tri-way output
- 300 watts x 1 mono
- 150 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- selectable low-pass crossover at 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- gold-plated preamp inputs, speaker, power, and ground terminals
- balanced isolator input circuit
- input level control (.4V-6.5V)
- 15-1/4"W x 2-5/16"H x 11-1/16"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- White amplifier with gray and yellow colored trim
- two 25-amp blade fuses in body
- rubber terminal cover
- 4 self-tapping mounting screws
- Instruction sheet (English and French); Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer GM-X952
There is a variable input sensitivity control that is adjustable from 0.4 to 6.5 Volts.
There is a low-pass filter that may be turned on or off. The cut-off frequency is fixed at 80 Hz with a slope of -12dB/oct.
- Screw terminals for main 12Volt power input, ground and remote turn on.
- Screw terminals for left and right speaker output. Bridged operation uses the right(-) and left(+) speaker terminals.
- One pair of gold-plated RCA pre-amp level inputs are provided.
- The amplifier is white with a gray Pioneer logo. The side panels are yellow.
- The minimum impedance allowed in stereo mode is 2 ohm; in bridged mode the minimum impedance allowed is 4 ohms.
- There is a power LED on top of the unit.
All power outputs are at 14.4V input
voltage; (10.8-15.1V allowable)
Maximum power output (peak): 200 watts x 2 or 600 watts x 1
Continuous power at 2 Ohms: 150 watts x 2, 20-20k, .8% THD
Separation: 65 dB at 1K
Current consumption: 25.0 Amps (at continuous power, 4 Ohms)
Average current drawn: 8.4 Amps (4 ohms, 2 channels); 14.5 Amps (4 ohms, 1 channel)
Note: Although this unit has protection circuitry, the manual never states what it is. It simply states that "the protective circuit will cut the power supply to the amplifier when an abnormal condition occurs".