About the Pioneer CD-IU201V
The CD-IU201V interface cable lets you connect your iPod or iPhone® to Pioneer's AVH-P4400BH and other select DVD receivers, so you can access your iPod's audio and video content with the system's touchscreen controls. You'll see information like song and album titles, artist names, and track length — all conveniently displayed on the receiver's screen. Just connect the cable to your iPod, plug it into the receiver, and enjoy. The cable's design ensures maximum charging speed for your devices when used with 1-amp USB ports. Warranty: 1 year.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
What's in the box:
Pioneer CD-IU201V owner's manual
- 23" iPod connector cable (with a male 3.5mm minijack connector and a USB type-A connectoron one end and iPod dock connector on other end
- 5' Minijack extension cable (with a female 3.5mm minijack connector on one end and a male righ-angle 3.5mm connector on other end)
- "WARNING" sheet
Pioneer CD-IU201V reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Pioneer CD-IU201V
Features & specs
|Adapter Type||iPod A/V in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod adapter permits direct control, audio/video playback, and charging of your iPod through select Pioneer multimedia head units. A compatible Pioneer multimedia head unit can be connected with an iPod via this dedicated adapter by attaching the cable's USB type-A and 3.5mm minijack connector to the head unit's rear panel USB and minijack ports and plugging the cable's dock connector into your iPod's dock connection. Using the touch panel or soft keys of your compatible Pioneer multimedia head unit, you can play iPod-recorded songs with the following convenient functions.
- Text Information Display: Song/album titles, artist names, and track length are conveniently displayed on the monitor display. This capability also permits multiple "search" functions, making it a snap to find a song to play back.
- Multiple Search Functions: Just like looking for files stored on a PC, iPod-recorded songs may be sorted according to registered playlists, genres, artists, or albums to ensure easy access to each music file.
- Repeat Playback: The Repeat Playback function offers two options - repeat playing of a particular song or playback of all tunes from a specified playlist.
- Shuffle Songs: Shuffle Songs randomly plays the songs in your iPod's music library.
Compatible Pioneer Head Units: The Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod adapter supports the following Pioneer multimedia head units.
- AVH-P: 4100DVD, 4200DVD, 4300DVD, 4400DVD
- AVH-X: 1500DVD, 2500BT, 3500BHS, 4500BT, 5500BHS, 8500BHS
iPod Compatibility: The Pioneer CD-iU201V iPod Audio/Video Direct Cable is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions when connected to a compatible Pioneer multimedia head unit (as of 9/27/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
The Pioneer CD-IU201V replaces these items
- connects an iPod to a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD receiver
- control playback right from the receiver's display
- charges your iPod
2 questions already asked
Yes, it is expensive from Pioneer but thank you Crutchfield for offering an "Open Box" for $10 less. I selected this option and I am glad I did, saved some money and it works like a charm. Yes perhaps it could have been half as much, but all in all I am happy.
Andrew from NC