About the Pioneer ND-BC4
Pioneer's tiny ND-BC4 rear-view camera measures less than an inch in all dimensions, so you can mount it unobtrusively on the back of your car. The view, however, is expansive, as the camera supplies a 135-degree view to the rear of your vehicle. Hook it up to any receiver with a composite video rear-view camera input, and you've added an extra measure of safety to your car, truck, or RV.
This mighty mite of a camera renders a detailed 270,000 pixel resolution color image, and boasts Lux Automatic Luminance Control for a clear picture in bright or dim conditions. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- Camera with adhesive stand (installed) and attached 23' cable
- Power supply box
- 10' Power/ground/video harness
- Hexagon wrench
- Self-adhesive Velcro
- Double-sided tape
- Waterproof pad
- 6 Self-adhesive cable clamps
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Fre)
Pioneer ND-BC4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer ND-BC4
Overview: The Pioneer Universal Rear-View Camera (ND-BC4) is designed for use with Pioneer A/V and Navigation in-dash headunits featuring a Rear View Camera Input (composite video). The Pioneer ND-BC4 Rear-View Camera is extremely compact for hidden mounting and offers improved low-light visibility.
Compatibility: This camera is designed for use with Pioneer and other manufacturer in-dash A/V headunits that feature an integrated monitor and rear view camera input (composite video).
Chassis: The camera is built into a compact waterproof aluminum case, making it perfect for mounting outside the vehicle.
CCD: The 1/4" color CCD imager has approximately 270,000 pixels (491 x 512 pixels), delivers a high quality picture.
Wide Angle Lens: The 135° horizontal and 105° vertical viewing angles provide an excellent near field view of anything behind you.
Automatic Sensitivity Compensation: The camera automatically adjusts to the available light, from 0.9 lux to 100,000 lux. The 0.9 lux rating ensures you'll have visibility at night in low light, while the 100,000 lux rating means the picture won't be washed out in bright sunlight.
Power Supply: The hideaway power supply unit features two Molex plugs. The 3-pin molex plug connects to the camera's attached harness and supplies power and receives signal. The 4-pin molex plug connects to the Power/Ground/Video harness. Its RCA output feeds signal to your monitor while the other two lead provide power and ground. The power lead has an in-line 1 amp fuse.
Mounting: The rear view camera comes supplied with a pre-installed self-adhesive stand which can swivel the camera up and down.
- Power Source/Ground System: 14.4 V DC (10.8 V to 15.1 V allowable); Negative type
- Max Current Consumption: 120 mA
- Output Video: Mirror image for rear view confirmation
- Sensor: 1/4-inch color CCD sensor
- Number of Pixels: 492 (vertical) x 512 (horizontal)
- Total Number of Pixels: 270,000
- Effective Number of Pixels: Approximately 250,000
- Wide Angle Lens: focal length: F = 1.4mm, F value = 2.2
- Angle Of View: 135-degree horizontal and 105-degrees vertical
- Iris System: Electronic Iris
- Scanning System: Interlace
- SNR: 40 db or more
- Horizontal Resolution: Approximately 300 TV lines
- Illumination Range: Approximately 0.9 lux to 100,000 lux
- Image Output: 1 Vp-p (75-ohm)
- Rear View Camera: Width = 0.9375", Height = 0.9375", Depth = 1.1875"
- Rear View Camera With Stand: Width = 1.375", Height = 1.1875", Depth = 1.375"
- Power Supply Box: Width = 0.835", Height = 0.885", Depth = 2.315"