About the Pioneer AVH-P5200BT
Get a lot of receiver
Get a lot of receiver
You're getting a lot more than your average car stereo when you put Pioneer's AVH-P5200BT DVD receiver in your dash. This versatile workhorse sports a 7" screen with intuitive touchscreen controls that allow you to make changes by tapping, swiping, or dragging your finger. You'll also appreciate the user-friendly menus that you can customize to your liking, as well as the extra level of convenience and usability added by built-in Bluetooth®.
Audio and video at your command
When you connect your iPod® to the front USB input, you'll be able to use the receiver's controls to access your playlists. You'll find your favorite tunes just by dragging a fingertip across the touchscreen or by activating tools like Pioneer's Alphabet Search. Of course, the receiver plays all your regular store-bought or home burned CDs, as well as files you've burned onto CD or DVD discs or stored on USB thumb drives.
The 7" LCD screen plays DVDs in bright, clear detail when you're parked. You can also send a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat entertainment system, so your passengers can watch a movie while you listen to the radio up front. Add Pioneer's optional adapter, and you'll be able to view video content from your iPod too.
Bluetooth on board
Built-in Bluetooth technology brings you the safety of hands-free calling. The receiver mutes the music for an incoming call, then plays your caller's voice over the car's speakers, while you speak into an external microphone placed in a convenient location. It lets you drive with your hands on the wheel and your attention focused on traffic and the road.
The receiver's powerful built-in amplifier delivers clean, clear sound at high or low volumes, and you can customize the sound with the tone-shaping 8-band equalizer. With an optional microphone, you can activate the Auto-EQ function, which measures your vehicle's acoustics and adjusts the equalizer automatically for the best possible sound. Three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs help you build a complete audio system with external amplifiers, and you can use the built-in frequency filters to optimize your system's performance.
Music and navigation options
You'll enjoy an unparalleled variety of news, sports, talk, and commercial-free music when you add Pioneer's satellite radio tuner, or you can hook up an HD Radio tuner for the upgraded sound quality of free digital AM/FM broadcasts. The front-panel aux input comes in handy for MP3 players and other audio sources.
Add Pioneer's AVIC-U220 navigation module and your AVH-P5200BT will be transformed into a full-fledged GPS navigation receiver. You'll take to the road with accurate maps, turn-by-turn directions, and millions of points of interest at your command.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check Hands-on Research for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Bluetooth note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
- DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" motorized touchscreen with multi-angle adjustments
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls
- intuitive touchscreen controls
- five customizable display colors and 112 key panel illumination choices
- fits single-sized dash openings
- plays MP3/WMA/AAC files recorded on CD and DVD
- supports video playback from DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DivX, and Video CD discs
- 8-band graphic equalizer with Auto-EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- dual-zone output
- bass boost
- built-in audio iPod control Pioneer's optional adapter required for viewing video content
- compatible with Pioneer navigation module, HD Radio tuner, satellite radio
- inputs: rear A/V input, front panel auxiliary and USB inputs, SD memory card slot, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- DVD A/V receiver with motorized/retractable 7" LCD touch-screen monitor
- Wiring harness
- AM/FM tuner box
- 31" Antenna extension cable (female Motorola plug on one end and male Motorola plug on other end)
- External microphone (with attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- 4 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 2 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 4mm)
- 2-Side tape
- 4 Machine screws (4mm x 3mm)
- Face-fixing screw Operation Manual (English)
- Operation Manual (French)
- Operation Manual (Spanish) Installation Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Warranty sheet (US/Canada)
Pioneer AVH-P5200BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer AVH-P5200BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front and Optional Rear|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory/SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||BOTH|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Motorized/Retractable 7.0" TFT LCD Touch-screen Color Display: The AVH-P5200DVD features a motorized/retractable 7.0" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 wide screen touch-screen display. The resolution of the display is 1440 x 240 for a total of 345,600 pixels. You can adjust the angle and slide position of the monitor screen using the on-screen buttons. You can also manually turn the panel horizontally, temporarily, if the LCD panel hinders the operation of your vehicles air conditioner when in the upright position. The touch panel allows you to control this unit or a connected component such as an iPod, USB device, Bluetooth device, Satellite radio tuner, or HD Radio tuner. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system.
Video Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for each source and the optional rear view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), hue (adjusts the tone of color), temperature (adjust the color temperature), RGB (adjusts phase shifting), and black level (emphasizes dark portions of images).
Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video:
- Full: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only, enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions.
- Just: The picture is enlarged slightly at the center and the amount of enlargement increases horizontally toward the ends of the picture.
- Zoom: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen.
- Cinema: A picture is enlarged by the same proportion as Full or Zoom in the horizontal direction and by an intermediate proportion between Full and Zoom in the vertical direction.
- Normal: A 4:3 picture is displayed as it is.
On Screen Display Color And Background Adjustment: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background can be set to one of seven preset background images, a stored JPEG image, a video image from the external input, the clock, or turned Off.
Detachable Front-Panel Controls With Adjustable Illumination: In addition to the touch-screen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along its front-panel. You can set the button illumination to Blue, Red, Amber, Green, Violet, or Scan (cycles through all colors) to match your vehicle's interior lighting. You can remove the front-panel controls to deter theft when leaving your vehicle.
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. You can turn the dimmer on or off. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVH-P5200BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
EEQ (Easy EQ): there are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2.
8-Band Graphic EQ: The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the headunit's 8-band graphic equalizer (40Hz, 80Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz, and10kHz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's front-panel 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Sonic Center Control: Sound that is suited for the listening position can easily be created with this function. You can adjust sound more toward the listening position left (7) to right (7).
Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6.
Sound Retriever: The Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Sound Retriever effect.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Three 4-Volt Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVH-P5200BT is equipped with three 4-Volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front and rear speakers are fading with high-pass crossover filters, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter.
- Front and Rear Preamp Outputs: If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the front or rear speaker preamp outputs (or speaker outputs), you can turn on the 12dB/octave High Pass Filter. The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers.
- Subwoofer Output: The unit has a pair of dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level. When the subwoofer output is turned on, you can select the frequency of the 18dB/octave low pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
Rear Channel Speaker Output: You can choose to use the rear channel output (speaker and preout) for full-range speaker or subwoofer. If you select "subwoofer", you can connect a 4-ohm subwoofer directly to each rear speaker lead, or a 2-ohm subwoofer to one of the rear speaker leads, without using an external amplifier.
Telephone Mute/Attenuator: Sound from your system is muted or attenuated automatically when a phone signal is received when you have hardwired your mobile phone system to the mute wire of this unit.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
Note: The AVH-P5200BT features an external AM/FM tuner module which needs to be mounted behind the unit during installation. The external tuner comes with a 31" antenna extension. The tuner module measures 5.035" W x 0.915" H x 2.875" D
BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Built-in RDS with iTunes Tagging: Song information (tag) can be saved from an FM broadcasting station transmitting RDS information to your connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged playlist" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you have "tagged" from the online iTunes Store.
Satellite Radio Ready: You can connect and control an external satellite radio tuner from XM or SIRIUS. The head unit is compatible with the GEX-P920XM (130P920XM, sold separately) Pioneer XM receiver. For Sirius there are two options; connect the SC-C1 SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle tuner and the CD-SB10 Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (700SIRPION, sold separately), or use the Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (130CDSB10, sold separately) and the SIRIUS dock-and-play adapter (607SCVDOC1, sold separately) along with a compatible portable SIRIUS radio. A subscription to XM or Sirius, plus the proper antenna is required in order to receive satellite radio programming. The satellite radio tuners connect via the IP-Bus connector on the back of the head unit.
HD Radio Ready: This unit is compatible with the optional Pioneer GEX-P20HD HD Radio tuner (130GEXP20H, sold separately) allowing you to tune available HD Radio stations. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. The add-on HD Radio tuner also supports iTunes Tagging which allows you to save song information (tag) from an HD Radio broadcasting station to your connected iPod or iPhone. The saved songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. The optional HD Radio tuner connects through the headunit's IP-BUS interface.
Note: Right now there are about 2,000 radio stations broadcasting using digital HD Radio technology in the U.S. To find HD Radio stations in your area, visit the HD Radio website (HDRadio.com).
Multimedia Compatibility: The Pioneer AVH-P5200BT features a front-loading disc slot, as well as a SD-card slot. The disc slot is accessible without having to retract the monitor. The SD-card slot is hidden behind the detachable control-panel.
- Disc Compatibility: The AVH-P5200BT supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/DL, DVD-RW, CD Audio, CD-Text, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, and Video CD discs.
- SD Card Compatibility: This unit will support SD (Secure Digital) cards up to 2GB.
Compressed Audio Playback: This unit can play MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA, (5-320 kbps), and AAC (8-320 kbps) audio files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW discs, as well as SD-cards. The unit is compatible with ID3 Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments.
- Disc Requirements: MP3/WMA/AAC files must be recorded in Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats for CD-R/RW discs (UDF 1.02 (for DVD-R/RW discs). Up to 8 directories, 700 folders and 999 files per CD-R/CD-RW (3500 for DVD-R/RW) are recognized by this unit.
- SD Card Requirements: MP3/WMA/AAC files must be recorded in FAT 12/16/32. Up to 65,535 files, 6,000 folders (255 files per folder), and up to 8 tiers can be played back.
JPEG Picture File Playback: You can play back JPEG still images (up to a resolution of 8,192 x 7,680) recorded on CD-R/RW discs and SD memory cards. The unit automatically starts a slideshow from the first folder/picture on the disc. The player displays the pictures in each folder in alphabetical order. The slideshow interval can be set to 5, 10, or 15 seconds (or set to manual). JPEG images can also be rotated 90° clockwise.
DivX Video Compatibility: This unit supports DivX video file playback recorded onto DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs, as well as SD-cards. The AVH-P5200BT supports the following DivX formats (Home Theater ver. 3.0, 4.0, 5.2, and 6.0). The recommended DivX file size is 2 Mbps or less with a transmission rate of 2 GB or less.
Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVH-P5200BT offers the following playback functions.
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Slow Motion Forward: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you can choose to play back video in slow motion (no audio).
- Repeat Play: Audio/Video content can be repeated. You can choose from Disc (entire disc), Chapter (current chapter), Title (current title), Track (current track), File (current file), Folder (current folder), or One (current video/song/track).
- Random (Shuffle) Play: Audio/Video can be played back in a random order. You can choose from Songs (videos/songs in selected list), Albums (videos/songs from selected album), Folder (songs/tracks in selected folder), or Disc (all songs/tracks on disc).
Search Functions: The AVH-P5200BT provides the following search functions.
- Track Title List: You can select tracks to playback using the track title list which is a list of the tracks recorded on a disc.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying a title and chapter track.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Skip Search: You can skip to the previous/next track, file, folder, title, or chapter on a disc.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: You can fast forward/reverse through a current track, file, or title on a disc.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Multi-Audio: DVDs can provide audio playback with different languages and different systems (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc; external processor required to decode Dolby Digital and DTS). With DVDs featuring multi-audio recordings you can switch between languages/audio systems during playback.
Multi-Subtitle: With DVDs featuring multi-subtitle recordings, you can switch between subtitle languages during playback of your disc.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-P5200BT.
Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
USB Port: The AVH-P5200BT has a female Type A USB 2.0 Full Speed port on its front panel. You can plug in a USB portable audio player or a USB memory device. This unit is compatible with USB Mass Storage Class compliant portable audio player and memory devices, loaded with MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (5-320 kbps), and AAC (8- 320 kbps) files recorded in FAT 16/32. Up to 65,535 files, 6,000 folders (255 files per folder), and up to 8 tiers can be played back. This unit also supports JPEG still image files (up to 8,192 x 7,680 pixels) and DivX video files (Home Theater ver. 3.0, 4.0, 5.2, 6.0) loaded on a USB mass storage device.
iPod Direct Control with Video: The optional Pioneer CD-IU50V interface cable (130IU50V, sold separately) allows you to plug your iPod/iPhone directly into the Pioneer AVH-P5200BT Multimedia Headunit's front-panel USB and A/V Aux input terminal, and gain direct control, audio/video playback, and charging via the headunit. You can choose to control your iPod from the AVH-P5200BT or the iPod, itself. To make operating and searching easy, operations to control your iPod/iPhone with this unit are designed to be as similar to the iPod/iPhone as possible. You can search your iPod/iPhone's audio/video content by category (movies, music videos, TV shows, artists, albums, songs, genres composers, audiobooks, Podcasts, or playlist). Each category is then listed alphabetically to ensure easy access to each audio/video file. the AVH-P5200BT also offers Link Search, which displays a lists of songs related to the currently playing song to match your mood. In addition, the AVH-P5200BT offers Repeat and Shuffle playback functions. If you do not need video playback from your compatible iPod, you can use the Pioneer CD-IU50 USB interface cable (130CDIU50, sold separately) or the USB/iPod Dock cable that comes with your iPod to play back audio only, control, and charge your iPod through the AVH-P5200BT. The Pioneer AVH-P5200BT multimedia headunit is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions when connected via the optional Pioneer CD-IU50V interface cable (as of April. 2010):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Gen.||Software||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Headunit||iPod/iPhone||Song Info||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple firmware updates may change functionality results. Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the headunit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
AV Auxiliary Input: The AVH-P5200BT has an AV 3.5mm mini-jack auxiliary input on the front-panel panel for connecting a portable audio/video device. In addition, you can connect an audio only auxiliary device using an optional IP-Bus-RCA adapter (130CDRB10 or 130CDRB20, both sold separately).
AV RCA Input: There is a rear-panel A/V input (composite video/stereo RCA audio) for connecting a video component such as a VCR or game console.
AV Output: The AVH-P5200BT features a rear-panel composite RCA video/3.5mm audio output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can playback audio/video content from a DVD/CD disc, the front AV input, the rear AV input, or the same source as the built-in monitor. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Note: You cannot play DivX files on the unit's monitor and a connected external monitor at the same time.
Rear View Camera: The AVH-P5200BT is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The head unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera In jack) when an optional rear camera (such as the 130NDBC2 or 130NDBC4, sold separately) is installed on your vehicle. When your vehicle's shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the purple/white wire in the wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching).
Navigation Ready: The Pioneer AVH-P5200BT is equipped with a proprietary multi-pin jack which allows you to connect the Pioneer AVIC-U220 add-on navigation unit (sold separately).
Bluetooth Technology: The AVH-P5200BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.0) allowing to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver. Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology that was developed as a cable replacement for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), and OPP (Object Push Profile).
Phone Pairing: Up to 5 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time.
Note: Not all Bluetooth mobile devices will be compatible. Visit Pioneer's web site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Hands-Free Communication: The AVH-P5200BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The headunit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVH-P5200BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the headunit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVH-P5200BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the headunit's on-screen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for the phone number by alphabet search mode.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
External Microphone: During your wireless phone call, you can talk into the head unit's included microphone, and listen to the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip.
Optional Remote Control: The AVH-P5200BT does not include a remote control. The optional CD-R55 wireless remote control (130CDR55, sold separately) can be used with this unit.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The headunit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit to allow you to keep your vehicle's radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (127SWIPS, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.