About the Pioneer GEX-P920XM
Have an XM-compatible Pioneer in-dash stereo? Connect the GEX-P920XM radio to it, and enjoy the programming variety of XM Satellite Radio in your vehicle. With your Pioneer stereo, you can then surf XM's content by channel number or category, view artist and song titles on the stereo's display, and save up to 18 channels as presets.
The package includes the cable you'll need to connect the GEX-P920XM to your stereo, plus the XM antenna you'll need to mount on your vehicle's roof in order to receive the signal.
Note: A subscription to XM is also required — learn about XM's programming. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Portable reception may vary by location. If you have questions about the proposed XM/SIRIUS merger, read the XM Customer Promise. To view this file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat PDF reader.
- XM radio for XM-compatible Pioneer stereos
- also compatible with any Pioneer stereo with all of the following: 1) the letter "P" in the model number; 2) a "Function" or "F" key; and 3) an 8-letter character display
- XM channel, program, artist, or song name displays on Pioneer stereo's 16-character readout (2002 and older models display 8 characters)
- roof-mount antenna with 16-1/2' cable
- cabling for connection of module to Pioneer stereo
- pass-through for connection of an optional Pioneer CD changer
- radio dimensions: 7-1/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 6-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GEX-P920XM
What's in the box:
- XM Satellite Digital Tuner
- Magnetic base XM antenna with attached 16.5' cable
- Rubber grommet
- 4 Cable guides
- 19.5' Power harness/IP-Bus cable
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Hex head machine screws (each screw has a flat washer)
- Operation Manual
- Installation Manual
- Warranty sheet
- On line registration form
Pioneer GEX-P920XM reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer GEX-P920XM
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: When used with a compatible Pioneer IP-Bus head unit, this tuner allows you to receive XM's programming in your vehicle. In addition to this tuner, you must have a Pioneer XM-ready receiver and a subscription to XM Radio to receive XM digital satellite radio signals.
Note: Satellite radio service is available only within the contiguous United States. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
Compatibility: Generally this XM tuner is compatible with any Pioneer receiver with all of the following: 1) the letter "P" in the model number; 2) a "Function" or "F" key; and 3) an 8-character display (minimum).
Note: The manual specifies that this XM tuner is not compatible with the AVH-P6400CD, AVH-P6400, DEH-P8500MP, DEH-P850MP, or KEH-P2030.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming features over 170 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming nationwide, including 69 commercial-free music channels.
16 Character XM Satellite Radio Information: This tuner will pass 16 characters of display data to Pioneer radios with XM Satellite Radio tuner controls (2002 and older models display 8 characters). Information available for display includes channel names, artist names/feature, song/program titles, channel numbers, and channel categories. Information longer than 16 characters (or 8 characters for 2002 and older models) will not be displayed.
Selecting Channels: The tuner allows you to select channels by number or category. Channels are organized into various program categories. You can search between the different categories and then search among the channels within each category.
Preset Memory: You can set a total of 18 XM channels in the receiver's preset memory.
Front Panel of Tuner:
- Power Supply: 3-pin connector for use with the power section of the Power harness/IP-Bus cable
- IP-Bus In: 11-pin male connector that allows you to connect an optional Pioneer CD changer
- IP-Bus Out: 11-pin male connector that connects to compatible Pioneer head unit
- To XM Antenna: FAKRA-SMB input
- Width: 7.048"
- Height: 1.053"
- Depth: 6.129" (with cables)
Tuner with mounting bracket:
- Width: 9.517"
- Height: 1.176"
- Depth: 6.129" (with cables)
- Width: 1.112"
- Height: 0.527"
- Depth: 1.677" (with cables)