About the Pioneer RD-HWK200
Do more with your Pioneer dash cam
This hardwire kit makes a "like factory" installation possible for Pioneer's VREC-DH300D dual dash cam system. With constant power provided by this kit, your camera system will keep an eye on your vehicle while it's parked and the engine is off. If vibration is detected, the system will activate and save a recording of the related incident. The next time you start your vehicle, the system will notify you that an incident has occurred.
- hardwire kit for permanent installation of Pioneer's VREC-DH300D dual cam system
- enables dash cam parking mode
- switchable voltage setting
- switchable timer setting
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RD-HWK200
What's in the box:
Pioneer RD-HWK200 owner's manual
- Hardwire module w/ attached 13' USB-C cable and 39" power & ground wires (inline 2A & 0.5A mini-AGU fuses)
- Two 3M adhesive pads
- Installation manual
- Warranty information
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Pioneer RD-HWK200
Overview: The Pioneer RD-HWK200 Dash Cam Hardwire Kit lets you hardwire your compatible Pioneer dash camera (sold separately) to your vehicle electrical system, allowing it to stay powered when the vehicle is off. This lets you take advantage of the Parking Mode feature of the dash cam, providing added security when the vehicle is off. The RD-HWK200 can be used with select Pioneer dash cameras that feature a USB-C power connection, such as the VREC-DH300D (sold separately).
Wiring: The Pioneer Dash Cam Hardwire Kit features a bare-ended Yellow wire (with inline 2A fuse) that can be connected to a constant power source in the vehicle fuse box. A bare-ended Red wire (with inline 0.5A fuse) can be connected to a switched power source, and a bare-ended Black ground wire for attaching to the vehicle chassis. A 13' USB-C cable plugs directly into your Pioneer dash cam.
Settings: A 4-switch DIP panel and a 2-way slide-switch let you customize how the RD-HWK200 operates.
- Timer Off: Two DIP switches select the preset time limit for the dash cam to operate after the ignition is turned off. Options include: 1 Hour, 3 Hours, 6 Hours, and 12 Hours.
- Voltage Cutoff: Two DIP switches select the preset voltage limit
that will power off the dash cam if the battery voltage drops too low.
- 12V Battery: 11.6V, 11.8V, 12.0V, and 12.2V.
- 24V Battery: 23.2V, 23.6V, 24.0V, and 24.4V.
- ACC: A 2-way slide-switch (A-B) on the side of the module
determines the operational mode based on the type of dash camera that is
- A Mode: Used for ACC linked dash cams, activates Parking Mode when the vehicle engine is turned off and maintains camera operation based on the selected battery voltage setting.
- B Mode: Used for non-ACC linked cameras, like the VREC-DH300D, this mode provides continuous recording after the engine is turned off until the designated battery voltage or set time is reached.