About the Pioneer MVH-S600BS
Amazing performance at a reasonable price
Amazing performance at a reasonable price
Pioneer's MVH-S600BS digital media receiver has everything you're looking for in a car stereo. You can crank up some music from your iPhone®, iPod®, or select Android™ phones, play FLAC files from a USB thumb drive, or tune into Spotify® to enjoy your favorite playlists. You also get built-in Bluetooth®, Siri Eyes Free functionality, and a powerful built-in amplifier. Plus, you can also check out the news or a ballgame on good old-fashioned AM/FM radio, or connect a SiriusXM tuner.
Built-in Bluetooth™ and more
The MVH-S600BS features built-in Bluetooth, so you can enjoy hands-free calling and wireless music streaming on the road. The included external microphone picks up your conversation, and you'll hear your caller through your vehicle's speakers. Wide Band Speech Technology ensures clear and easy-to-understand conversations.
The dual phone connection lets you pair two phones, while “Guest Mode" allows you to add or replace a mobile device with ease. That's a great feature for a family car with multiple drivers, or one driver with multiple devices.
With iPod and iPhone Direct Control, you can plug your device into this big Pioneer's USB port and make music selections through the receiver. As a bonus, the 1.5-amp USB quick charger will keep your device powered up while you're rockin' down the highway. If you own a compatible iPhone, you can take advantage of Siri® Eyes Free functionality with a touch of a button, accessing a variety of functions with your voice commands.
Android's all right, too
All Android users can control their music via Bluetooth, or plug into the front panel USB port and play music while getting a charge. If you own a newer Android phone, you'll be glad to hear that the MVH-X690BS supports Android Open Accessory 2.0, so you can use your USB port to stream music from Android 4.1 (or later) devices. You can also plug in a thumb drive and enjoy MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV files, or use the aux input to connect an MP3 player or portable satellite radio.
If you're using an iPod, iPhone, or USB device, Pioneer's integrated MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology can turn your music collection into a non-stop playlist, complete with mix effects. And if you're a Pandora or Spotify fan, you can use your iPhone or Android phone to create unique stations that play nothing but your favorite kinds of music.
Get into SiriusXM
SiriusXM satellite radio offers an unparallelled selection of music, news, sports, and entertainment programming that you can enjoy wherever your travels take you. The MVH-S600BS is SiriusXM-ready®, so all you need is a subscription and a SiriusXM tuner to experience the awesomeness.
Your phone as a remote
Pioneer's new Advanced Remote Control feature allows you or your passengers to use a smartphone to control the music and other basic features on your Pioneer MVH-S600BS.
And yes, it sounds great, too!
Pioneer's designers were able to fit lots of features into a short double-DIN chassis that will look great in a wide variety of cars and trucks. Pioneer's powerful amplifier gives you outstanding sound, while Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) technology brings back the details lost when you compress music. A 13-band graphic equalizer lets you adjust the sound to suit your tastes, while three sets of RCA preamp outputs allow you to expand your system with amps and subs.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV music files
- fits double-DIN (4"-tall) dash openings
- variable color illumination
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) restores sound to compressed files
- MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology
- 13-band graphic equalizer
- low-pass/high-pass filters
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- convenient Siri Eyes Free functionality
- AOA 2.0 for music streaming and control from Android
- Bluetooth features include Dual Phone Pairing and Guest Mode
- 1.5-amp USB port charges your phone while you're playing music
- works with Spotify and Pandora for iPhone and Android
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- inputs: front USB port and front AUX input
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- external microphone included
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MVH-S600BS
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE9605)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- Microphone w/ removable visor clip (attached 9.5' cable terminated by a right-angle male mono 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Limited Warranty Information (US/CA)
Pioneer MVH-S600BS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer MVH-S600BS
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (96kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bluetooth 4.0: The MVH-S600BS is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer MVH-S600BS.
Multi-Device Pairing w/ Dual Phone Connection: Up to five Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this receiver. You are even able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled phones connected at the same time, so you can make and receive calls from either phone through the head unit. You can only stream music from one phone at a time; you will be able switch between the two phones in the head unit's menu. Additional pairing features include -
- SSP (Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the MVH-S600BS without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP).
- USB Pairing for iPhone: You can also pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Pioneer head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
- Guest Mode: "Guest Mode" allows you to add and replace a 5th mobile device instantly to the receiver; Guest Mode is a great feature for a family vehicle with multiple drivers or a driver with multiple devices because it allows users to pair and delete devices easily without a lengthy registration or deletion process.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The MVH-S600BS supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. And, thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the MVH-S600BS provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The MVH-S600BS allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call.
- Making A Call: Using the MVH-S600BS, you can dial a phone number
in one of the following ways -
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Presets: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing (Siri): When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer MVH-S600BS also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
- Music Control: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the MVH-S600BS lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will also display song/album/artist information from your Bluetooth device's stored music and select music apps on your device.
Siri Eyes-Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Pioneer MVH-S600BS has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press and hold head unit's phone key to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the MVH-S600BS and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's front-panel LCD will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer digital media receiver; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device)..
Android Direct Connect via USB: The Pioneer MVH-S600BS enables playback of stored music and music apps on select Android devices through its front-panel USB port. There are two types of modes to choose from based on your type of Android smartphone and what content you want to listen to.
- AOA 2.0 (w/ Pioneer ARC App): The Pioneer MVH-S600BS supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android smartphone (OS 4.1-7.1.2) to the MVH-S600BS's front-panel USB port and listen to stored music and select music apps from your Android device through the Pioneer receiver. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. By downloading the Pioneer ARC App, you will also be able to view song/artist information and browse your Android smartphone's music library from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can browse your stored music library by Playlist, Artist, Song, Album, or Genre. You'll also still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then restart.
- MTP (Media Transfer Protocol): The MVH-S600BS also supports MTP for playback & control of stored MP3/WMA music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Pioneer receiver's front-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Note: Not all Android devices are compatible with AOA 2.0 or MTP, regardless of operating system.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connect via USB: The Pioneer MVH-S600BS supports audio playback of stored music & music apps on your Apple iPod/iPhone (with Lightning connector), along with control and song/artist information display through its front-panel USB port. You'll need an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable to make connection. From the head unit, you can browse your iPhone's or iPod touch's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook (make sure the Pioneer ARC App is installed and open on your Apple device). Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. You can also choose to control music playback from your Apple iPhone's touchscreen. The iPod nano only offers basic control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the head unit and its touchscreen controls will be locked during connection.
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPhone||ARC||Spotify||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Apple iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
- Not compatible with Apple 30-pin devices.
Mobile Device Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected Android smartphone or Apple iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your mobile device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
USB Auto Function: The receiver's "USB Auto" function can be set to ON to enable the head unit to automatically switch to the USB source for playback when a USB-enabled device is connected. If set to OFF, the receiver will not switch sources and simply charge the connected USB device.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer MVH-S600BS using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone (iOS 10.0+) device, or Bluetooth connected Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, LTE (4G), EDGE, or WiFi. The MVH-S600BS provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List w/ Shuffle: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- New Stations + Delete: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also delete a station from your Pandora station list.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
Spotify Online Music Service: The Pioneer MVH-S600BS has the ability to playback & control content from the Spotify music app on your USB or Bluetooth connected iPhone (iOS 10.0+) device, or Bluetooth-paired Android (OS 4.0) smartphone. You can play, pause and skip tracks, browse playlists, albums and radio stations through the Pioneer receiver's front-panel controls. You also get song/artist information on the unit's front-panel LCD. Access to the Spotify service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android device to connect to the Internet. If you are a Spotify Premium user (requires a monthly paid subscription), you can enjoy ad-free, high quality music even when there is no internet connection.
SiriusXM Ready: The Pioneer digital media receiver is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 175 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include:
- Content Lists + Category Scan: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time.
- Song/Artist Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Replay: The Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to.
- Presets: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite
Radio Station Presets with special tuning features.
- TuneStart: TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your preset music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- TuneScan: TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- TuneMix: Create a music channel that's a blend of songs made up from the music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
USB MSC Playback: In addition to Apple and Android device connectivity, the digital media receiver's front-panel USB-A 2.0 port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 32GB). The USB port enables audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV audio files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer MVH-S600BS. Basic playback controls included Play/Pause, FW/RW, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Song/artist information such as track, artist, and album name will also be displayed on the head unit.
Audio File Compatibility: The Pioneer MVH-S600BS supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC, & WAV files loaded onto a USB MSC device.
|Media Type||USB (AOA/MTP/MSC)|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 11.025-48 kHz
FLAC: bit rate of 16/24-bit w/ sampling frequency of 44.1, 48, 96 kHz (not supported by MTP)
WAV: bit rate of 8/16-bit w/ sampling frequency of 44.1 kHz (not supported by MTP)
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA/AAC/FLAC tags|
File/Track Name List: The Name List feature displays a list of MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV albums and tracks on a connected USB device (plus FLAC files for USB only), so you can easily access your music. Music files are listed first by Artist name, then by Album name, and finally by Song title.
Song/Artist Information: During MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA/AAC Tag information; including artist, song, and album name.
Playback Controls: The Pioneer digital media receiver provides basic operations like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random for USB device playback.
Auxiliary Input: The MVH-S600BS is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting external audio sources, such as a portable digital audio player.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Pioneer in-dash head unit utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The MVH-S600BS is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: The power specifications for the MVH-S600BS are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer MVH-S600BS features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer MVH-S600BS lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
Crossovers: The MVH-S600BS employs high-pass and low-pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speaker setup.
- Standard: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass
crossover network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup
using either speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: The head unit's -6, -12, -18, or -24dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 220Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an -6, 12, -18, -24, -30, or -36dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 220Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
- Network: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass
crossover network for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and
Sub using low-level outputs only.
- Highs: The high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6, -12, -18, or -24 dB/octave roll-off.
- Mids: You can set a high-pass and low-pass crossover from your midrange/midbass drivers. The high-pass crossover can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off. The low-pass crossover can be set to 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6, -12, -18, or -24 dB/octave roll-off.
- Lows: The low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to --6, -12, -18, -24, -30, or -36dB/octave roll-off.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-140") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- D. Bass: Boosts the bass level dynamically to offer an effect as if a subwoofer was added to the system. D.Bass can be set to High, Low, or Off.
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from -24 to +10 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 3 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone & USB MSC devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function is not compatible with Android or the Pandora app.
Beep Tone: A beep tone can be heard when a button is pressed on the head unit's front-panel to confirm operation. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Advanced Remote Control App (for Apple iOS & Android): Download the Pioneer ARC (Advanced Remote Control) App onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) or Android (4.1+) device to turn your smartphone or tablet device into a remote control for the Pioneer head unit. Your Apple iOS or Android device can be connected via USB or Bluetooth. The following control features are available via the Pioneer Advanced Remote Control App.
- Source Selection: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select between the head unit's sources for playback. Choose AM/FM tuner, Aux, or the music library on your device.
- Playback Functions: The app offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat your mobile device's music library. You are also able to browse your Apple iOS or Android device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Playlist. For AM/FM tuner, you are able to seek stations, switch AM/FM bands, and select presets from the Pioneer ARC app.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The Pioneer Advanced Remote Control App provides song/artist information with album art for the music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device. You also get station identification for AM/FM radio; if an AM/FM station supports RDS, you will even get song/artist info.
- Favorites: The app lets you quickly display radio stations saved as favorites, plus favorite songs in your Apple iOS or Android device's music library. From the Favorite screen, you also get access to contacts saved as "favorites" on your smartphone.
- Select Apps: From the Pioneer ARC app, you can also pick from select music apps (like Pandora, iHeart, Spotify, TuneIn) that are installed on your Apple iOS or Android device. Once you select a specific music app, that particular music app opens on your mobile device for playback control.
Note: If you switch to other applications and functions, such as using other iOS device or Android applications or placing calls from your smartphone, you must restart the Pioneer ARC app on your iOS device or Android device.
Wireless Remote Control: The MVH-S600BS comes with an IR wireless remote control. The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause playback, skip music tracks, change display info, and answer/end Bluetooth phone call. You can also mute the volume (function that cannot be performed from the front panel).
Steering Wheel Control Input: The head unit features a 3.5mm steering wheel control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
2-Line LCD: The Pioneer MVH-S600BS features a 2-line LCD screen with the choice of English, Spanish, or French text.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets the user match their receiver illumination to their vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 12 preset colors, customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red/Blue/Green brightness levels), or scan through a variety of colors.
Brightness Control: You can manually adjust the brightness (1-10) of the head unit's display to suit your viewing needs. You can also sync the receiver's illumination to the head units' clock or your vehicle's headlights. To dim the receiver's display automatically when the vehicle's headlights are turned on, you'll need to hardwire the orange/white wire of the head unit's harness to your vehicle's parking light circuit.
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose different patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music.
Clock Display: Thanks to the receiver's 2-line LCD, the clock can be displayed along with source information. Pressing and holding the "SRC/OFF" button turns off the head unit's audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remains on (you can then press the "DISP" button to turn off all illumination).
The Pioneer MVH-S600BS replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- works with Spotify and Pandora for iPhone and Android
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner