About the Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3
Enjoy your smartphone apps on the big screen
Enjoy your smartphone apps on the big screen
Face it, you can't live without your smartphone and the apps that help make your life easier. Pioneer's AppRadio 3 receiver lets you view those apps on its big 7” screen so it's easier to control them while you're on the road. You'll check out your favorite apps on a simplified menu that's designed for mobile use, so you can keep your eyes on the road instead of fumbling around with your phone.
The AppRadio 3 works with iPhone® 4, 4S, and 5, as well as select Android™ models, so you can enjoy compatibility regardless of what platform you're into. In order to enable all of these cool features offered by this Pioneer, you'll need to make sure that your smartphone's compatible with the AppRadio 3, and then pick out the right connection kit for your smartphone (sold separately).
Control your apps from the large 7" touchscreen.
Navigation, music streaming, and web browsing
AppRadio 3 has you covered by supporting some of the most popular apps available. You'll find plenty of apps to enjoy right now, including MotionX GPS Drive™, INRIX® traffic, AUPEO! Personal Radio, Pandora® Internet radio, and Pioneer's MIXTRAX, with more coming down the road. You'll have the advantage of a sleek app interface, and the apps will look great on the 7" capacitive touchscreen, which recognizes all zoom, swipe, and pinch gestures just like if you were using your smartphone.
Siri® Eyes Free
If you have an iPhone 4S or 5, you'll hear Siri's voice prompts through your vehicle's sound system, and you can make commands or ask questions through the microphone that's included with this receiver. You can set reminders, ask for songs, request directions, or anything else you'd normally do with your iPhone.
AppRadioLIVE makes it easy
Pioneer's innovative AppRadioLIVE streamlines your app info and functions into one easy-to-use interface. You'll enjoy quick access to your music, media, calendar, and other sources you subscribe to, just by downloading the AppRadioLIVE app and syncing your services. AppRadioLIVE works with your apps to provide visual map guidance and access to points of interest, as well as the ability to search for concerts, shows, and other local events of interest. And you can show several sources of information simultaneously, quickly shifting from one to another with a touch of your finger.
Note: AppRadio Mode and AppRadioLIVE are currently not compatible with iOS 8 due to stability and display issues. Please see "Details" for more information.
Works with Android™ phones and features MirrorLink™ connectivity
The AppRadio 3 doesn't leave Android by the wayside when it comes to features, either. Not only will its App Mode support many Android phones, but this receiver takes it to the next level with MirrorLink support. MirrorLink allows certain Nokia and Samsung smartphones (with more to come in the future) to display their interface on the AppRadio 3, so you can make phone calls, access map services, or check out music with ease. If you don't have a MirrorLink phone, you can still download a free Pioneer app that enables voice commands with your Android phone.
Talk hands-free and stream audio wirelessly with Bluetooth®
Built-in Bluetooth adds to the versatility of this cool receiver — pair your phone, and you'll be able to talk hands-free and access your phone book from the touchscreen. You can even stream audio from your smartphone to the receiver.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Complement your setup with a phone mount
The AppRadio 3 requires input from your iPhone from time to time — most notably when running the MotionX GPS Drive app. It's a good idea to mount your iPhone where it's easy to reach. Check out our selection of Pro.Fit mounts.
This smartphone receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play discs in your vehicle, Pioneer's SPH-DA210 AppRadio 3 receiver will play CDs and DVDs.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (no built-in CD player)
- touchscreen control over select apps
- MirrorLink™ for in-dash control of select Android™ smartphones (CD-MU200 interface cable required)
- built-in amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 7" capacitive touchscreen display
- fits double-DIN (4"-tall) dash openings
- 5-band equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- inputs: rear USB input for smartphone connection kits (not compatible with USB devices), rear-view camera input
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
- included external GPS antenna for boosting signal while using GPS apps
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- AppRadio 3 smartphone receiver (10A fuse installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone (with attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- Sun-visor clip
- GPS antenna (with attached 12' cable terminated by a SMB connector)
- Self-adhesive magnetic base
- HDMI cable holder
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- AppRadio Start Up Guide (En/Fr)
- Installation Manual (En/Fr)
- Important Information for the User (En/Fr)
- Warranty Information (USA/Canada)
- Online Product Registration
- Lightning-connector note
- App Connection Settings note
Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||N/A|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||N/A|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Smartphone Connectivity: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports the most popular mobile platforms for in-car entertainment. Not only does it support Apple iOS and Android, but it also supports MirrorLink for Samsung and Sony, giving you the most choices in smartphone compatibility. The AppRadio 3 provides Apple 30-pin, Apple Lightning, USB, HDMI, and Bluetooth connectivity based on your type of smartphone. A smartphone connectivity kit will be required and sold separately.
Note: You will need to indicate which smartphone device you are using in the AppRadio 3's setup menu. This unit is not compatible w/ USB mass storage devices (such as a thumbdrive) and does not offer a disc player or changer controls.
Made for iPhone: The AppRadio 3 offers support for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, and iPhone 5S. The AppRadio 3 is a true extension of your iPhone by giving you a 7" capacitive touchscreen to use familiar gestures you are already accustomed to on your phone. Use Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately) to connect your iPhone 4/4S. The following HDMI connectivity kit (700PIOIPH5, sold separately) is required for connection of your iPhone 5/5C/5S; you iPhone device will also need to be paired via Bluetooth to the AppRadio 3. Compatible iPhone models include (as of 6/26/2013)
- iPhone 4/4S (iOS 6+); plug the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) into the AppRadio 3's rear-panel 8-pin proprietary port.
- iPhone 4S (iOS 6+); plug the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) into the AppRadio 3's rear-panel 8-pin proprietary port.
- iPhone 5/5C/5S (iOS 6+); plug the HDMI connectivity kit (sold separately) into the AppRadio 3's rear-panel HDMI input and 8-pin proprietary port. Also
Designed for Android: Offering support for some of the most popular Android phones on the market and with the flexibility of the Android mobile platform, the AppRadio 3 provides the ability to control, view, and listen to compatible apps running on select Android powered smartphones. You will need Pioneer's Android cable (130CDAH200, sold separately) to connect your compatible Android smartphone. Plug this cable into the AppRadio 3's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and HDMI input. Compatible Android smartphone include (as of 6/26/2013).
- HTC: Amaze 4G (OS version 2.3.4), EVO 3D (OS version 4.0.3), Rezound (OS version 4.0.4), Sensation XE (OS version 4.0.3), One X+ (OS version 4.0.4)
- LG: Optimus 2X P990 (OS version 2.3.4), Optimus G (OS version 4.0.4), Optimus 4G (OS version 4.0.4)
- Motorola: Atrix 2 (OS version 2.3.6), Droid 4 (OS version 2.3.6), Droid Razr (OS 2.3.6), Droid Razr Maxx (OS 2.3.6), Droid Charge (OS 2.3.6)
- Samsung: Galaxy Nexus (OS version 4.1.2), Galaxy Note (OS version 4.0.3), Galaxy S II (OS version 4.0.3), Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch (OS version 2.3.6)
- Sony Ericsson: Xperia arc S (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia arc (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia neo V (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia neo (OS version 4.0.4), Xperis S (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia T (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia V (OS version 4.0.4)
Note: The Samsung Galaxy S3/4 requires an additional 3rd party MHL microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). Not all Android devices are guaranteed to be compatible with the AppRadio 3. Click here for latest compatible Android smartphones tested by Pioneer.
MirrorLink: In addition to iOS and Android capabilities, AppRadio 3 introduces compatibility with MirrorLink, an in-vehicle connectivity standard created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC). MirrorLink technology enables consumers to connect compatible smartphones to AppRadio 3 (or other compatible in-dash receivers) via a proprietary cable (sold separately) to access certain music and map applications for a more convenient and safer in-car experience. Similar to AppRadio Mode, MirrorLink is now integrated into the AppRadio 3 and offers a vehicle-specific interface and connectivity with MirrorLink certified devices from smartphone manufacturers such as Samsung and Sony. MirrorLink gives you a custom interface so you can access your music, map services, and your phone to make hands-free calls on-the-go. The Pioneer CD-MU200 MirrorLink Cable (130CDMU200, sold separately) is required to connect your MirrorLink-compatible Samsung or Sony smartphone. This cable plugs into the AppRadio 3's USB (type-A) port. Compatible Samsung and Sony models include (as of 12/19/2013).
- Samsung: Galaxy S 3, Galaxy Note 2; requires download of the "Drive Link" application from Samsung Apps.
- Sony: Xperia Z (with latest firmware update)
Note: For more information regarding MirrorLink, please visit www.mirrorlink.com.
Installed Firmware Version: The tested Pioneer AppRadio 3 contained firmware version 0.8.02. The unit can be updated via USB from the Pioneer website.
AppRadio App: Pioneer's AppRadio 3 utilizes your smartphone's data connection and existing wireless service to provide the ability to use many smartphone apps on the go. The Pioneer AppRadio 3 offers over 30 compatible phone apps (click here to view latest apps) for an in-dash smartphone experience in your vehicle. Simply download Pioneer's free of charge AppRadio application onto your iPhone 4/4S/5 or Android device (from iTunes or Google Play) and connect to the AppRadio 3 receiver using the appropriate Pioneer connectivity kit (sold separately) to access compatible apps right from the dash of your car. You can stream select music and entertainment apps, as well as navigation and driver-assist apps, plus weather and helpful utility apps. The app content is optimized for use on the AppRadio 3's capacitive touch screen and all touch, swipe, pinch, and zoom gestures are recognized as if you were directly interacting with your smartphone. The AppRadio app will even recommend and notify you of the latest compatible apps. You will need to purchase one of the following cable kits in order to connect your Apple iOS or Android device.
- The iPhone 4/4S requires the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately).
- The iPhone 5/5C/5S requires the HDMI connectivity kit (700PIOIPH5, sold separately) and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Compatible Android Smartphones require the Pioneer Android cable (130CDAH200, sold separately).
Note: To access compatible apps you must have an Apple iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or compatible Android smartphone with the latest version of the AppRadio application from the Apple's iTunes App Store or Android Market. Your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
AppRadioLive: Now within the AppRadio App mode is the AppRadioLive App for iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5/5C/5S (iOS 7.1.2). The AppRadioLive app simplifies AppRadio mode and your drive by combining the information you need during your commute into a single, easy-to-use interface. Maps, media, news information, and your events calendar are within reach within a smooth and intuitive interface on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Maps: The AppRadioLive app uses the native maps from your smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews. The AppRadioLive map feature also allows destinations to b exported directly into any of the user's favorite AppRadio compatible navigation apps; such as MotionX-GPS Drive, iGO Primo, Navfree, and Waze to obtain route and voice guidance.
- Media: AppRadioLive also lets you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone. And, you can access over 25 millions songs from your Rdio account. Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- News: AppRadioLive lets you stay up to date on the latest news with the help of Feedly and text-to-speech technology. You can check the weather for your current location, home, work, or destination.
- Calendar Events: The AppRadioLive app lets you stay organized by accessing your smartphone's calendar and Facebook events in a single, simple interface. Learn about nearby concerts, sporting events and more with EventSeeker, and easily add those events to your calendar.
Note: AppRadio and AppRadioLive Modes are currently not compatible with iOS 8 due to stability and display issues. To maintain use of AppRadio Mode, please continue using iOS 7.1.2 with your iPhone. Click here for more details from Pioneer.
Navigation Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports various navigation for the iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, and compatible Android smartphones.
- Smartphone Maps: You can view maps on the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen as you would on your iPhone or Android device. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.
- MotionX-GPS Drive (iOS only): The
MotionX-GPS Drive App ($0.99) is available from iTunes for your iPhone.
This navigation app also requires a $24.99 one time fee for the maps to
display on-screen, and a one year $9.99 subscription for Voice Guidance
feature. MotionX-GPS Drive is a complete GPS navigation solution, designed
and optimized for the iPhone, that can be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio.
MotionX-GPS Drive helps you find what you're looking for and provides
turn-by-turn directions with optional Live Voice Navigation, using
industry-leading maps (including US and Canada). All the functionality of an
advanced dedicated turn-by-turn GPS unit is presented in this intuitive iOS
application. MotionX-GPS Drive Offers full support for the iPhone with
multitasking, routing, and live voice guidance instructions continuing in
the background; while you listen to streaming music from your car audio
system or use other applications from the iPhone. The 2D/3D navigation map
will be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio, but you will still control the
MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation app from your iPhone. You can enter the
following Destination Searches (Go To) from your iPhone:
- My Current Location: View and navigate to the physical address closest to your current location.
- Browse Map: Select a destination by choosing a point on the map. Your selection will be geo-coded to the closest known physical address.
- Home: Store your home address for quick access. Select from five options: use your current location, pick from your iPhone contacts, use a recently round destination, enter an address, or enter Lat/Lon coordinates.
- Contacts: Navigate to an address from your iPhone address book. Scroll to find the contact, then touch the field that contains their address.
- Address/Intersection/City/Zip Code: Enter an address for navigating. As you start to type the city, state and zip code fields, a drop-down list will appear from which you can select the appropriate entry. Enter a street intersection, defined by two road names, for navigating. Enter a city for navigating; the approximate center of the city will be used for your destination. Enter a US zip code or Canadian postal code.
- POIs/Airports/Emergency: List of Points of Interest in your current vicinity (Around Me tab). Select the Specify Location tab to search in an alternate location (enter city or zip/postal code). List of airports in your current vicinity (Around Me tab). Select the Specify Location tab to search in an alternate location (enter city or zip/postal code). List of physicians' offices, medical clinics and hospitals. Select the Specify Location tab to search in an alternate location (enter city or zip/postal code).
- Recently Found/Frequent Destinations/Favorites: List of all recently found addresses, businesses, and points of interest. List of your most frequently visited destinations. List of all destinations designated as a favorite.
- Saved Destinations/Parking Spots: List of your saved destinations. List of your saved parking spots.
- Latitude/Longitude Define a destination by entering the latitude and longitude coordinates.
- iGo Primo (iOS only): The iGO Primo app is powered by the same tried-and-trusted iGO Engine used in millions of GPS navigation devices around the world; faster & more reliable than ever before, with a set of new features for a more intelligent navigation. The maps are part of the application so there are no roaming fees and no need for cellular network coverage. Highlights include - Fast, short, easy-to-follow, and Eco-friendly routes; automatic route recalculation; multipoint-route support; smart keyboard & history; TTS Pro; in-app shop; local/POI search; and more.
- Navfree USA/Canada/Mexico (iOS only): Navfree offers
turn-by-turn directions, voice & on-screen instructions, as well as offline
map use and address search, along with live search via Google and Microsoft
Bing, among many other features.
Navfree is a completely free navigation app for the iPhone with no
additional monthly charges. It uses map data created by a community of
thousands of users around the world. The map gets downloaded to the phone so
data connection is not required for navigating. Navigation functions from
the AppRadio include.
- Map Display: Navfree provides On-board maps, so no data connection required to browse maps or use the address search. You can select between 2D or 3D map mode in day- or night-time color mode. You're able to browse maps with multi-touch dragging and scrolling. The map will automatically zoom in & out at turns and junctions.
- Destination Search: Search by the exact address or postcode of your destination. Simple POI search is also available (points of interest: café's, restaurants, museums etc.) or use Google or Microsoft Bing to find millions of local places and then fast route to and from their locations. In addition, instant routing lets you select any point on the map to route to.
- Route Guidance: Its fast routing engine allows you to calculate long routes in seconds. Routing options include; fastest, easiest, most economical, etc. A demo route allows you to preview your route in real time before you leave. A direction list allows you to check each step of your journey. If you miss a turn, Navfree reroutes you automatically
- INRIX Traffic (iOS only): INRIX is a leading provider
of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with
Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the
highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal
INRIX Traffic app ($24.95 lifetime subscription) for iPhone provides
real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways,
interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will
be displayed on the AppRadio, while control is still handled from the
iPhone. INRIX Traffic offers the following benefits.
- Avoid delays with real-time traffic info from the world's largest traffic network.
- View traffic incidents on your route such as accidents, police, constructions, and other events.
- Know your best time to leave based on predicted traffic conditions.
- Compare your current traffic conditions from what is normal.
- Waze: Waze for
Android is a cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects
you to other drivers. When you download Waze, you not only get a free GPS
traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving
community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart
traffic, save time and gas, and improve everyone's daily commute.
Note: The AppRadio 3 comes supplied with a GPS antenna that features a magnetic base and an attached 12' cable. The antenna screws into the SMB connector on back of the radio and can be mounted on your dash with the included self-adhesive magnetic pad.
Driver Assistant Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports several driver assistant apps for the iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, and compatible Android smartphones.
- CommuteWX (iOS only): CommuteWX ($2.99) provides real-time weather information (current/forecast/in-route). Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that's well suited for in-vehicle travel.
- Best Parking (iOS only): BestParking is a parking search engine app for the iPhone that steers drivers towards the cheapest and most convenient parking garages and lots in 43 cities & 79 airports. Search results are displayed directly on a map with a cost to easily compare prices. Includes numerous parking facility attributes (Hours of Operation, Phone #, Indoor/Outdoor, Cash/Credit, Self Park/Valet, etc.). BestParking is the only parking application that conducts continuous manual updates of parking rates and locations to ensure the highest level of accuracy.
- Parkopedia Parking:
- Extra Mile (iOS only): Extra Mile is an a ll-in-one iOS app for convenient voice navigation that gives audio feedback to improve your driving performance and conserve fuel. Simply start the app when you start your car. It will automatically record distance traveled, fuel expenses, trip duration and driving pattern. When you reach your destination, just press the end button. View the trip details in a log or view every day's total on a calendar. If you forget to start your app, you can always add the trip details manually. Extra Mile features an easy-to-use mileage tracker, gas expense logger, driving habit analyzer, mileage diary for your business or personal expenses, and free voice-guided navigation.
- Beej! (iOS only): Beej! for iPhone ($1.99) is an in-vehicle location/navigation application ($1.99). Beej! quickly identifies your position and allows you to select the nearest bank, bar, gas station, hospital, hotel, restaurant and more. Beej! provides a complete list of all the businesses in the category selected, including the distance from your current location and address, with options to get directions (via MotionX-GPS Drive app) or place a call to the selected business. The layout and aesthetics provide optimal in-vehicle viewing, without becoming a distraction for drivers from safe vehicle operations.
- Glympse (Android only): Glympse for Android is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose. When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter, and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device
- DashCommand (iOS only): Utilizing the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors of the iPhone 4 /4S, the DashCommand app ($49.99) displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle's OBD-II data port (optional OBD-II interface sold separately from Palmer Performance Engineering), advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the AppRadio screen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.
Music Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports lots of music apps for your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or compatible Android smartphone.
- CarMediaPlayer: The Pioneer CarMediaPlayer (for iPhone & Android) allows you to swipe, drag, and directly touch the desired artist, song, or album in your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone's music library directly from the Pioneer touchscreen with Alphabet Search and Album View functions. The iPhone version of the app even allows you to play and access your iTunes Match collection directly from the touchscreen display.
- Pandora Radio: The Pandora App (for iPhone & Android) lets you play and control music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AppRadio using your connected Apple iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, or Android smartphone. The Pioneer AppRadio provides control over your Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information; as well as Album art (your iPhone 4/4S controls will be locked). You can select Pandora stations from your station list and skip song tracks within a station. You can search your stations by date or alphabetically. You can also give songs a thumbs up/down and bookmark songs/artists. Best of all, Pandora is a free app.
- AUPEO! Personal Radio: AUPEO! Personal Radio (for iPhone & Android) is a free online music radio station that lets you stream your favorite artists, songs, and music live to your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone. With more than 120 Internet radio stations available, users can search for their favorite music by artists, songs or AUPEO!'s "Mood-Tuner." Users can also choose to "love" or "ban" songs directly from the AppRadio screen, enabling the app to adjust content to the user's personal taste.
- iHeartAuto: The iHeartAuto app (for iPhone & Android) provides safe, easy, and free access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from across the country. Plus, in the same app you can create custom stations based on your favorite artists or songs. With the top live radio stations in America and more than 15 million songs in our catalog, iHeartAuto features more music, backed by better music programming, than any other service available.
- Rdio (iOS only): Get access and control the iTunes Rdio app (from $4.99 per month). Rdio is a new social music service on the web for the iPhone 4/4S . Rdio give you access to over 8 million songs. You are able to search and find any song, album or artist, and start listening immediately. You can search music by new releases and chart toppers. You can also check out what other listeners have been listening to the most, or look at your own recent listening history. In addition, you can even create your own music collection or make your own playlists. Rdio will even recommend music for you, based on your previous music listening. The AppRadio 3 will display Artist, Album, and Song information; as well as Album art.
- Livio Radio (iOS only): The Livio Radio app ($4.99) for iPhone lets you listen to more than 42,000 AM/FM and Internet-only radio streams from around the world. The Livio Radio app has been optimized for use in the vehicle with a range of features an controls right from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen.
- StreamS HiFi (iOS only): The StreamS HiFi Radio app has been optimized the iPhone. The StreamS HiFi Radio app ($3.99) provides access to more than 4,000 live Internet radio stations from across the globe delivered in AAC/HE-AACv1/HE-AACv2 at 32kbps for high fidelity listening.
- 7digital (Android only): 7digital for Android is a leading digital music provider which sells high quality MP3s across 32 countries worldwide. With over 20 million tracks you're sure to find what you're looking for. With this app you can Sync your 7digital music from the cloud to your phone wirelessly, play music that is already stored on your device, and browse top album and track charts, new releases and recommendations right on the screen of the Pioneer receiver.
- gMusic (iOS only): Google Music allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device. gMusic is the only Google Music Player app with Pioneer AppRadio support, full playlist editing, thumbs up playlist, metadata editing, and innovative navigation. Other gMusic features include very fast load time, create an instant playlist, add songs to existing playlists, search by Artist/Song/Album/Genre, and remembers what you were listening to for quick resume after closing the app.
- MyPV (iOS only): The MyPV app for iPhone uses an up-to-date music video ranking system from eight countries across the world, so you can select your favorite promotional videos and create playlists. You can put videos registered on your playlists on continuous playback. Because you can also register search results from YouTube for playlists, you can easily create lists using your favorite videos. You can also repeat and loop videos registered on your playlists.
- MIXTRAX (iOS only): Pioneer's proprietary MIXTRAX app from iTunes analyzes the music in your iTunes library to create custom playlists for non-stop song mixes with added DJ effects.
Note: The AppRadio 3's music apps can run in the background while you are using a navigation app.
Videos & Photo Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports video & photo viewing from your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, and Android smartphone.
- Video Apps: With your vehicle parked and the parking brake fully engaged, stored movie downloads (from iTunes or GooglePlay) can be viewed on the AppRadio screen. You will control the video or movie with your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or compatible Android smartphone, not the AppRadio.
- Photos: You are able to view photos stored on your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone on the Pioneer AppRadio's touchscreen display. You're able to access albums and camera rolls, and even view a slideshow.
Note: Your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to watch videos or photos on the AppRadio 3's touchscreen monitor.
Utility Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports additional helpful apps for your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone.
- Car Browser (iOS only): Access the internet directly from your vehicle's dashboard with Pioneer's CarBrowser app for iPhone ($1.99). When used in conjunction with the Pioneer AppRadio 3, CarBrowser allows you to search and navigate the internet directly from the touchscreen while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged. Outside of the vehicle, CarBrowser can be used as a standalone alternative to your iPhone's default browser.
- EasyCar Touch (iOS only): The EasyCar app is designed specifically for AppRadio and provides large icons, simple commands, and swipe gestures that enable you to access your iPhone's music, contacts, mapping, and more.
- Calendar: You can view your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone's calendar on the AppRadio's LCD monitor, so you can keep track of your scheduled events.
- Contacts: From the AppRadio Advanced App Mode, you can make Bluetooth hands-free phone calls from your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone, and even route to contacts stored within your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone's contact list.
- CarKeyboard (Android only): The CarKeyboard app for Android allows you to input text directly from the 7" capacitive touchscreen display of the AppRadio 3 . CarKeyboard is a customizable multi-language keyboard that works in conjunction with the AppRadio app and can also be used as the default keyboard on your Android device.
MirrorLink (for Samsung & Sony): MirrorLink technology offers seamless connectivity between your compatible smartphone and the Pioneer AppRadio 3 receiver using the Pioneer CD-MU200 MirrorLink Cable (130CDMU200, sold separately). Compatible smartphones included the Samsung Galaxy S 3/Note 2 and the Sony Xperia Z smartpphones (w/ Android iOS). MirrorLink duplicates your smartphone's display on the head unit's touchscreen monitor, so you can operate MirrorLink compatible applications that have been optimized for in-car use on your smartphone from the head unit's touchscreen controls for a safer driving experience.
- Drive Link for Samsung Galaxy S 3 (Android): To use MirrorLink with your Samsung Galaxy S 3 or Note 2, the free "Drive Link" application must be downloaded from Samsung Apps and installed on your compatible Samsung Galaxy S 3/Note 2 smartphone. Once downloaded, individual apps are grouped into three categories (Music, Location, Phone) for easy access.
- Sony Xxperia Z: The Sony Xperia Z (with latest firmware update) does not require an additional app download.
Note: Compatible Samsung and Sony phone models, their launch timing, as well as app compatibility will differ by country or origin.
MirrorLink Apps: The MirrorLink smartphone app lets you quickly access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as hands-free telephone communication directly from the Pioneer AppRadio 3's touchscreen.
- Music: You can listen to every music file stored in the smartphone. You can search for your music files by Favorites, Playlists, Artists, Albums, or All Songs.
- Location (Drive): You can navigate via Google Maps. You are able to speak and type destinations. The app provides you with an on-screen map screen and audible directions.
- Phone (Call): The app retrieves all contact information stored in the smartphone. You can make and answer phone calls from the head unit's touchscreen, just as you would normally do on your smartphone. The head unit will even read aloud text messages and let you reply.
Bluetooth Technology: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth v.3.0 (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AppRadio 3.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AppRadio 3 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external Mic): The AppRadio 3 supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AppRadio 3 allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AppRadio 3, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's on-screen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit (up to 1,000 phonebook entries can be transferred). After finding the number you want to call in the phone book, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for the phone number by alphabet search mode.
- Call History: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Control: If your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone is equipped with the voice control feature, you can use voice commands to make calls.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Meta Data Display): The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The AppRadio 3 will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Repeat/Random. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album Art. The AppRadio 3 also supports audio streaming of music apps (metadata display and control will depend on music app). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Smartphone Voice Control: The AppRadio 3 offers a voice recognition function for your Bluetooth paired iPhone 4S/5 (running iOS 6.1+) or compatible Android smartphone.
- For iPhone 4S/5: Users of the iPhone 4S and newer iPhone models can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality with a touch of the AppRadio 3 touchscreen. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's questions and commands are received and transmitted using the external microphone provided with AppRadio 3. Siri Eyes Free provides access to many iPhone functions, such as music selection, listening to and composing text messages, Maps, calendar information, reminders, and more.
- For Android: Users of compatible voice-enabled Android smartphones can utilize voice recognition using Pioneer's free of charge CarMediaPlayer app. Users can simply touch the voice icon on the display of the receiver and speak into the included microphone to activate many of the most commonly used commands.
iPod Audio/Video Playback: In addition to full support of the iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5/5C/5S, the Pioneer AppRadio 3 also supports playback of stored music and music apps (but not AppRadio app) from your other 30-pin or Lightning connector Apple devices. The AppRadio 3 will even display video from 30-pin Apple devices that support video transfer. Plug your compatible Apple device into the head unit's rear-panel proprietary port using Pioneer's CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately).
- 30-Pin Apple Device: Using Pioneer's proprietary CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately) you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music, podcasts, and audiobooks; plus video playback of your stored movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos from your 30-pin Apple device through the Pioneer AppRadio 3. You can also listen to music apps and watch video apps streamed to your Apple device through the Pioneer head unit.
- Lightning Connector Apple Device: If you have an Apple device with the new Lightning connector, you will need the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) in addition to the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) to connect the Apple device to the Pioneer head unit for audio playback only (video not supported).
Head Unit Control: You can control your 30-pin or Lightning connector Apple device from the AppRadio 3's touchscreen. From the head unit, you can search your Apple device's audio content by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook; and your video content by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, or TV Show. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. Most iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during connection (Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked).
Information Display: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 will display the following iPod music information; Track #, Time Elapsed, Time Remaining, Artist Name, Song/Album Title, and Album Art.
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected Apple device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your Apple device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 9/19/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||AppRadio ****||Pandora App||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- AppRadio Mode and AppRadioLive Mode are currently not compatible with iOS 8 due to stability and display issues. To maintain use of AppRadio Mode, please continue using iOS 7.1.2 with your iPhone. Click here for more details from Pioneer.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
7" Capacitive Touchscreen Display: The front of the unit features a clean & simple aesthetic look with only five physical buttons (Home, Volume up/down, Menu, Back) combined with a high-resolution WVGA (800 x 480) 7" capacitive touchscreen display. This capacitive touchscreen requires less pressure, responds faster, and can recognize multiple touch points simultaneously; all advantages when compared to traditional resistive touchscreen displays. The AppRadio's 7" capacitive touchscreen offers touch, swipe, pinch, and zoom gestures. Touchscreen control is used for all functions including the app interface, MirrorLink, AM/FM radio, and Bluetooth. All of the AppRadio 3's controls have been designed specifically for in-vehicle operation to promote a safe driving experience.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
Favorites: You can register the desired menu items on the AppRadio 3's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 12 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
Display Adjustments: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 offers the following monitor display adjustments.
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video - Full (4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only; enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions), Zoom (4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen), Normal (4:3 picture is displayed as it is).
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video source and rear-view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
- Backgrounds: You can select from 4 background images (Black, Gray, Sunrise, Space) for the head unit's LCD touchscreen.
Note: If you do not operate the unit for 30 seconds, demonstration images are displayed. You can turn this function Off.
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double DIN" or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is also an optional double-DIN sleeve (130ADTV133, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to Euro-mount or custom mount the Pioneer head unit in your vehicle. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Installation Angle: For optimum playback performance, the unit should be installed at an angle of less than 60-degrees.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: The AppRadio 3 is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the Pioneer AppRadio are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2.0-Volt Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 features two pairs of 2.0-volt preamp outputs. The unit's rear preamp output can be configured as a fading rear-channel output or a non-fading subwoofer output with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level control.
Subwoofer Control: When configured as the subwoofer output, you can select the frequency of the 18dB/octave low pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
High-Pass Filter: The AppRadio 3 features a high-pass crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, or Off. The "Off" selection is a full-range setting.
EEQ (Easy EQ) + 5-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful (low- and high-frequencies are boosted), Natural (low- and high-frequencies slightly boosted), Vocal (midrange is boosted), Super Bass (low-frequencies are boosted), Flat (nothing boosted), Custom 1 (user adjustable), or Custom 2 (user adjustable). The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 5-band graphic equalizer (100Hz, 315Hz, 1.25kHz, 3.15kHz, 8kHz)
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source (AM, Pandora, iPod, Apps) to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Switchable Rear Channel/Subwoofer Speaker Output: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
AM/FM Tuner: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with RDS text information display. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. BSM (Best Station Memory) lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under presets 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The AM/FM tuner has 3 FM banks and 2 AM banks. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets. You can even enter an AM/FM frequency directly, using the unit's on-screen keypad (0-9). Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception.
Rear View Camera: The AppRadio 3 is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera input jack) when an optional rear camera (130NDBC6, sold separately) is installed. When the transmission is in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the violet/white wire in the 16-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.1 seconds. Pioneer recommends using a camera with a mirror image (reversed) output.
Note: Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
The Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3 replaces these items
- touchscreen control over select apps with iPhone®4/4S and iPod®Touch (4th Gen)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling
- 7" capacitive touchscreen display
24 questions already asked