About the Pioneer SPH-10BT
It's no surprise Pioneer is at the forefront of car audio technology — they've been innovating for decades — but their SPH-10BT feels like a striking leap forward in DIN radio design. This 2" tall radio sheds old school design to deliver an experience that's exactly what a smartphone-oriented driver needs: a clean, simple display, big buttons, and a pop-out smartphone cradle for touchscreen control. With Pioneer's Smart Sync app downloaded on your phone, you can access sources, navigation, and more with the quick press of a button on the SPH-10BT.
Pioneer Smart Sync
Pioneer's Smart Sync app lets you use your phone's touchscreen as an easy interface to play music, make calls, use navigation, and even access 31 bands of EQ. Alternatively, use the radio's dedicated buttons to access navigation on your phone, calling, music, and messaging. And with one-touch voice control, you can do all those things using Siri® or Google Assistant and even Amazon Alexa, depending on your smartphone.
And more sources
Pioneer includes an AM/FM tuner as well as making it easy to access stored music from a smartphone or USB thumb drive. And enjoy your MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC files with Pioneer's integrated MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology, which converts your music collection into a non-stop playlist, with enhanced transitions and lighting.
Expand your system
Get the best sound possible from your music using Pioneer's 13-band graphic equalizer. Two sets of preamp outputs equip you to make it easier to add amplifiers and subs to your system. Download Pioneer's Smart Sync and you'll gain even more sound adjustment tools.
Add parking sensors
Pioneer's ND-PS1 rear parking sensors (not included) work with the SPH-10BT to detect obstacles and display directional warnings and distance from impact on your smartphone.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- pop-out smartphone cradle for touchscreen control via Pioneer Smart Sync app
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- quick charge for Android devices
- plays FLAC, MP3, WMA, and WAV music files
- variable-color display
- wide-angle 1-line LCD display
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility):
- use Pioneer's Smart Sync app for two-way control between your receiver and smartphone
- built-in Amazon Alexa via Pioneer Smart Sync
- built-in iPhone and Android control through USB
- 13-band graphic equalizer (31 band EQ using Smart Sync)
- low-pass/high-pass filters
- inputs: front USB port; rear parking sensor input
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (front, rear/sub)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- built-in amplifier (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPH-10BT
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ removable visor clip (attached 9.5' cable terminated by a right-angle male mono 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Face-fixing bracket
- Hard-plastic face-case
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Manual
- Warranty Sheet
Pioneer SPH-10BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer SPH-10BT
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||Y|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|iPhone||5S and up|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (up to 96kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Pioneer Smart Sync: Pioneer Smart Sync (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is an advanced application that links your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone or Android smartphone to the Pioneer receiver and provides intuitive app-based features and controls. By utilizing more of your smartphone's features, the Pioneer Smart Sync app expands the ability of the Pioneer receiver. With the Pioneer Smart Sync app, you can bring your smartphone's maps, messages, and music together in the car. Pioneer Smart Sync simplifies actions you make inside a vehicle by allowing a variety of applications to be accessed with a single button on the receiver or your voice making them much easier to use (you will still control the inner workings of each compatible application from the touchscreen of your mobile device). Pioneer Smart Sync will not only enhance the quality of your in-car entertainment, it also increases your level of safety.
- iPhone Compatibility: The Pioneer Smart Sync App (for Apple iOS 11.0+) is compatible with iPhone SE, 5S, 6/6+, 6S/6S+, 7/7+, 8/8+, X/XR, XS/XS-Max, 11/11Pro/11ProMax, 12Mini/12/12Pro/12ProMax, 13/13Pro/13ProMax via a Lightning-to-USB connection or Bluetooth.
- Android Compatibility: The Pioneer Smart Sync App (for Android OS 5.0+) is compatible with Android smartphones (OS 5.0 to 7.1.2) supporting AOA (Android Open Accessory) 2.0 via USB, as well as Android smartphones (OS 5.0 and above) via Bluetooth.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the Pioneer Smart Sync App and that the Pioneer receiver has the latest firmware update.
- You will need to indicate in the receiver's menu the type of connection you are using for the Pioneer Smart Sync App. Select Wired (USB) or Wireless (Bluetooth).
- Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, LTE (4G), EDGE, or WiFi.
- The majority of the SPH-10BT's sources, functions, and features require the Pioneer Smart Sync app on a connected Apple iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Without the Pioneer Smart Sync app installed on a connected Apple or Android device, the SPH-10BT will offer limited functionality with fewer source selections, menu options, and audio settings.
Integrated Smartphone Cradle: The Pioneer SPH-10BT's integrated smartphone cradle turns your Apple iOS or Android smartphone device into a display for the Pioneer Smart Sync app and lets you safely use the features of the Pioneer Smart Sync app from the touchscreen of your mobile device. Simply mount your smartphone in the integrated cradle, and your device will transform into an extension of the Pioneer receiver. The integrated smartphone cradle is manually retractable; it can only be pulled out or retracted when the receiver's front-panel is detached. The front-panel can be reattached once the cradle is in the open or closed position.
- Compatible Smartphone Sizes: Your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone must be 2.28"-3.42" (w) x 2.28"-6.69" (h) x 0.15"-0.39" (d) with a maximum weight of 0.55 lbs.
- Adjustable Viewing Angle: You can adjust the angle of the integrated smartphone cradle and viewing angle of your mounted smartphone device. It has a downward tilt of 45-degrees and upward tilt of 100-degrees. You can also rotate your mounted smartphone to a landscape (horizontal) or portrait (vertical) position.
- Retractable Range: The integrated smartphone cradle pulls out of the front of the head unit approximately 4.625". Once its pulled out, the cradle folds upward and sits 3"-4" above the chassis. Once your smartphone is mounted, the cradle can be repositioned 1.25"-2.5" from the receiver's front-panel.
- Always pay close attention to the road with limited glances at the display of your device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated both safely and legally in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
- Do not use the integrated cradle if your smartphone device would cover, obscure or block indicators (lamps) relating to vehicle system status and operation; such as Air Bag status lights, Air Bag Malfunction lamp, Anti-lock Braking System status, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) status, Hazard lamp activation, or controls related to heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and defrost functions.
- Do not leave your smartphone device in the integrated holder when leaving the vehicle; this will help against theft.
Safe Driving Tools: The Pioneer Smart Sync app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device helps ensure your safety by making operation more intuitive through the use of a user-friendly touchscreen interface on your mobile device, one-touch access from your receiver's front-panel controls, voice recognition using the included wired microphone, and hands-free calling.
- Touchscreen User Interface: The Pioneer Smart Sync provides an intuitive user interface on your Apple iOS or Android device's screen with touchscreen control, along with display of song/artist info (including album art) and text messages. It provides access to compatible music, map and messaging apps; as well as audio settings. It even provides a time & date display, as well as indicates your vehicle's current speed.
- One-Touch Access: The Pioneer Smart Sync app provides easy one-touch access from the head unit's front-panel or the Pioneer Smart Sync app screen for making it easier to play your music, start a navigation app, have your messages read, and respond to phone calls. Thanks to Direct Access Keys on the front-panel, you can use your favorite apps without once touching your phone, helping to ensure driver safety. There are 5 Direct Access Keys on the front panel - "Voice Recognition", "Navigation", "Message", "Phone", and "Application Launch".
- Voice Recognition: You can operate the Pioneer Smart Sync app simply with your voice and the included wired microphone, allowing you to pay full attention to the road while starting navigation, playing music, or opening your phone's address book. Voice recognition is activated by the "Mic" key on the receiver's front-panel or the "Mic" icon on the Pioneer Smart Sync interface of your mobile device's touchscreen.
- Hands-Free Calling: Pioneer Smart Sync helps ensure that phone calls don't get in the way of your driving. Calls can be answered with one press of a button on the receiver's front-panel or the Pioneer Smart Sync interface of your mobile device, while the head unit's front-panel's "Phone" key can also be used to open your phone's address book and make calls.
- Parking Assist: Combine an optional Pioneer ND-PS1 parking sensor (sold separately) with the Pioneer SPH-10BT in-dash eceiver for greater safety when parking. The sensor detects obstacles behind the car, sending information to your phone on the object’s distance and direction as well as the danger level.
Note: The Pioneer Smart Sync Apps' touchscreen alphanumeric keypad will require that the head unit's parking brake wire be connected to your vehicle's parking brake circuit and your vehicle is stopped with the parking brake engaged.
Alexa Built-In: The Pioneer Smart Sync app now features Amazon Alexa Built-in. Simply download or update to the latest version of the Pioneer Smart Sync app and install the Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone device. Using Alexa with Pioneer Smart Sync is simple (just tap-and-ask), you'll need to press the "Alexa" icon on the Smart Sync app before saying "Alexa,...". You can ask to play your Amazon music library and other compatible music services (such as Pandora, iHeart, etc.), call a phone contact (must be enabled in Alexa app), hear the news, check weather, control smart home devices, and more. Alexa lives in the cloud, so it's always getting smarter, adding new capabilities that are delivered to your compatible smartphone device automatically.
- Alexa cannot be accessed by simply saying "Alexa" like on some home devices; the "Alexa" icon on the Smart Sync app must be tapped access Alexa voice control.
- Alexa does not control source, menu, and other internal functions of the Pioneer receiver. Alexa only supports control of its compatible cloud-based services.
- Pioneer does not guarantee compatibility with all Alexa features and may not support some Alexa voice control functions.
Compatible Apps: The Pioneer Smart Sync app supports a variety of Music, Navigation, and Messaging applications. Compatible music, map, and messaging apps must be downloaded on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device along with the Pioneer Smart Sync application.
- Music: Whether it's the music stored on your smartphone (not the cloud) or your downloaded music apps, Pioneer Smart Sync allows you to access your favorite music. Compatible music apps include Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, TuneIn, YouTube Music, and SoundCloud (some apps do not support landscape mode). You can also select the receiver's built-in AM/FM tuner or other Bluetooth mobile device as a source. The Pioneer Smart Sync screen on your mobile device provides song/artist information, album art, and station identification (when applicable). It also allows you to browse your device's music library, search content within a compatible music app, and seek AM/FM stations. Basic playback functions include Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Random/Repeat.
- Maps Pioneer Smart Sync offers one-touch access to your most frequently used navigation app, making it easier for you to plot your trip to your destination. Simply press the "Navigation" button or icon on the head unit's front-panel or the Pioneer Smart Sync apps' screen. Compatible map applications include Google Maps, Apple Maps (iPhone only), Waze, INRIX, and Sygic. The navigation map will display on your mobile device's touchscreen, while audible directions will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You will need to use the desired navigation app on your compatible mobile device to set your destination.
- Messaging: Once you've connected a compatible messaging app to Pioneer Smart Sync, you can always have your messages read out loud through your vehicle's speakers with a press of the rotary knob on the Pioneer receiver or touch of the "Message" icon on the Pioneer Smart Sync app screen. Compatible messaging apps include WhatsApp Messenger, Viber, Hangouts, WeChat, and Line.
Note: The above apps do not require that the vehicle's parking brake be engaged. However, future apps may require the connection of the head unit's parking brake wire to your vehicle's parking brake circuit and that your vehicle is stopped with the parking brake engaged.
Sound Customization: In addition to access to the head unit's standard audio settings, the Pioneer Smart Sync gives you the best audio experience in your car through advanced audio settings that can only be found within the app.
- 31-Band EQ: You can easily change your audio environment just by selecting a preset equalizer curve, adjusting the 31 bands in the curve to create your own custom sound.
- Live Simulation: Simulate live music with crowd cheers, clapping, and other effects produced with soundfield control using your phone's digital sound processor. Choose from Open Air, Concert Hall, Club, or Cafe.
- Super Todoroki Sound: Super Todoroki Sound boosts low sounds and automatically adjusts mid- and high-range sounds to add impact and clarity to your audio environment. Select from Off, Low, High, or Super High.
- Easy Sound Fit: This one-touch feature lets you customize audio to your car's acoustics in an instant by adjusting speaker output timing for your type of vehicle. Select from Compact, Standard, Intermediate, or SUV.
Monitor Vehicle Performance: The Pioneer Smart Sync app also enables the display of widgets for vehicle information including engine performance, live data and vehicle diagnostic codes to show repair needs. By connecting your Android smartphone or iPhone device via Bluetooth to a compatible OBD-II code reader (optional and sold separately - not available from Crutchfield) plugged into the vehicle's OBD-II port, you can read and clear diagnostic codes, plus view drive information such as average speed, MPG, and more straight from the Pioneer Smart Sync app.
- OBD-II Port: Plug in the Bluetooth-enabled OBD-II code reader (sold separately) of your choice into the OBD-II port that is located under the dash on the driver's side, usually right above the gas or the brake pedal of most vehicles. Select the OBD-II scanner code reader from the settings menu on the Pioneer Smart Sync app via Bluetooth and pair with the Pioneer in-dash receiver to begin monitoring vehicle performance.
- Bluetooth Connection: When using an iPhone device, the OBD-II code reader must support BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). When using an Android smartphone, OBD-II code reader must support Bluetooth 4.0 and above. Not all OBD-II code readers may work with Pioneer Smart Sync. OBD-II device must support BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) if using with an iPhone (iOS) device, and Bluetooth 4.0 for use with an Android smartphone.
Note: OBD-II code readers are not Pioneer or Crutchfield products, and Pioneer and Crutchfield are not responsible for their use. There may be risks in the case of faulty performance of an OBD-II code reader including potential vehicle battery drain or introducing security vulnerabilities. Research the benefits and risks of using an OBD-II code reader before connecting one to your vehicle. Not all vehicle data may display depending on the vehicle model. Data displayed through Pioneer Smart Sync may be inaccurate due to communication errors or delays, or performance issues with the OBD-II code reader, Pioneer Smart Sync, or the vehicle.
Bluetooth 4.0: The SPH-10BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer SPH-10BT.
Multi-Device Pairing w/ Dual Phone Connection: Up to five Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this receiver. You can switch music playback between the five paired devices by simply selecting a song track for playback from a device. You are even able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled phones connected at the same time, so you can make and receive calls from either phone through the head unit. You can only stream music from one phone at a time; you will be able switch between the two phones in the head unit's menu.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The SPH-10BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. And, thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the SPH-10BT provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The SPH-10BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode - available from the Pioneer Smart Sync App.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. To manually answer a call, simply press the "Phone" button on the front-panel.
- Making A Call: There are a number of ways to make a call using the Pioner Smart Sync app on your connected Apple iPhone or Android smartphone. You can also use voice recognition and the receiver's included external microphone.
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call.
- Favorites: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as Favorites for faster dialing.
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing: When the Pioneer receiver is paired and connected via Bluetooth to an iPhone or Android smartphone with voice recognition, you'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command. Simply press the "Mic" button on the front-panel of the receiver.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Pioneer SPH-10BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
- Music Control: In addition to basic playback functions (including Fast Forward/Revers & Previous/Next Track) from the front-panel of the receiver, the Pioneer Smart Sync app lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc (specific advanced functions vary by phone).
- Song/Artist Info: The Pioneer Smart Sync app will also display song/album/artist information. The front-panel LCD of the receiver will display limited text information.
Siri Eyes-Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Pioneer SPH-10BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press head unit's "Mic" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the SPH-10BT and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's front-panel LCD will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer digital media receiver; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
USB MSC Playback: In addition to Apple and Android device connectivity, the digital media receiver's front-panel USB-A 2.0 port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 32GB). The USB port enables audio playback & control of a variety of audio files (including Hi-Res FLAC files) stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer SPH-10BT. The unit supports playback control, song/artist/album information, and charging.
- USB Auto Switch & Charging: USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB ports (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. The receiver also includes the USB Auto Switch feature, so when a device is connected via USB you have the option to choose whether the receiver uses the phone as a source, or just charges the device.
- Playback & Search Functions:From the Pioneer Smart Sync app on your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone, you can select a certain folder or specific song. The Pioneer digital media receiver also provides basic operations from it's front-panel like Fast Forward/Reverse and Previous/Next Track. During music playback, the the Smart Sync app displays any recorded metadata information; including artist, song, and album name. The Pioneer receiver's front-panel LCD offers limited text display.
Note: The USB port is hidden on the front-panel behind a pull-out tab. The USB port is not compatible with USB hubs and card readers.
Audio File Compatibility: The Pioneer SPH-10BT supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, & WAV files loaded onto a USB MSC device.
|Media Type||USB (AOA//MSC)|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||MP3:
bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling frequency of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320kbps w/ sampling frequency of 32, 44.1, 48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling frequency of 11.025-48kHz
FLAC: bit rate of 8/16/24-bit w/ sampling frequency of 8-96kHz
WAV: bit rate of 8/16-bit w/ sampling frequency of 16-48kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA/AAC/FLAC tags|
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets. You can also manually store presets using the Pioneer Smart Sync app on your compatible mobile device.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Pioneer in-dash head unit utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The SPH-10BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CTA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: The power specifications for the SPH-10BT are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/4CH Preouts + Sub Control: The Pioneer SPH-10BT features two pair of 2.0-volt preouts (Front & Rear/Sub). The unit's rear preouts can be configured as fading rear-channel outputs or a non-fading subwoofer outputs. When the head unit's rear preouts are configured as subwoofer preouts, you can select the frequency of the select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
Built-In Crossovers: The Pioneer SPH-10BT is equipped with high and low pass crossovers to suit your type of speaker configuration. The crossovers settings can only be done through the Pioneer Smart Sync app on your compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone.
- High-Pass Filter: When you don't want low-frequency sound to be heard through your front or rear speakers, you can simply active the head unit's HPF (high pass filter). By activating the HPF, only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output from the front or rear speakers. The high pass filter crossover can be set to 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz. The slope level of the HPF can also be adjusted to -6, -12, -18, or -24 dB.
- Low-Pass Filter: When using the head unit's Rear/Sub preout as a subwoofer output, you can activate the head unit's low-pass crossover and choose the low pass filter frequency and slope. The low pass filter crossover can be set to 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz. The slope level of the HPF can also be adjusted to -6, -12, -18, -24, or -36 dB.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 9-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz). The custom 13-band graphic equalizer must be set using the Pioneer Smart Sync app on your compatible smartphone device.
Listening Position, Time Alignment, & Speaker Level Adjustment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position through the Pioneer Smart Sync app on your connected mobile device. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-140") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position. You can then adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from -24 to +10 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
Bass Management: The Pioneer receiver offers Bass Management through its D.Bass and Loudness feature. D.Bass boosts the bas level dynamically to offer an effect as if a subwoofer was added to the system. D.Bass can be set to High, Low, or Off. The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Note: This feature can be setup through the Pioneer Sync app on your connected Apple iPhone or Android smartphone.
Beep Tone: A beep tone can be heard when a button is pressed on the head unit's front-panel to confirm operation. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face Security: The Pioneer SPH-10BT digital media receiver features detachable face security. A hard plastic face case is included to store the detachable face. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Single-Line Display: The Pioneer SPH-10BT features a single-line LCD screen with the choice of English, Spanish, or French text. The unit's built-in display can be configured to be on at the same time as the Pioneer Smart Sync app on your smartphone device, or turned off when using the Pioneer Smart Sync App.
- Brightness Control: You can manually adjust the brightness (1-10) of the head unit's display to suit your viewing needs. You can also sync the receiver's illumination to the head units' clock or your vehicle's headlights. To dim the receiver's display automatically when the vehicle's headlights are turned on, you'll need to hardwire the orange/white wire of the head unit's harness to your vehicle's parking light circuit.
- Clock Display: You can configure the clock display to remain on after the unit is turned off as long as the vehicle's key is in the accessory position. Or, you can simply have the clock display turned off when the receiver turns off.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets you match the receiver's illumination to your vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 12 preset colors, customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red/Blue/Green brightness levels), or scan through a variety of colors.
Optional IR Remote: The SPH-10BT supports Pioneer's CD-R510 IR remote control for wireless operation of the in-dash digital media receiver.
Steering Wheel Control Input: The head unit features a 3.5mm steering wheel control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
57 questions already asked