About the Pioneer TS-A1780R
Pioneer's rugged TS-A1780R 4-way 6-3/4" speaker is an excellent choice for your hard-charging mobile audio system, thanks to its potent power handling and accurate, wide-ranging sound reproduction.
A PET film dome tweeter and supertweeter provide comprehensive high-frequency coverage, while a foamed PPC midrange adds texture and warmth to vocals. The sturdy Aramid fiber-reinforced woofer cone is coupled to a butyl rubber surround for standout bass and long-term speaker life. The TS-A1780R is a perfect fit for oversized 6-3/4" applications no adapter required!
Priced per pair
- 4-way 6-3/4" speakers (pair)
- Aramid fiber-reinforced, injection-molded polypropylene (IMPP) woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 1-5/8" foamed PPC (Pearl PolyCarbon) midrange and 5/8" PET silver film dome tweeter
- 3/8" PET silver film supertweeter
- frequency response: 28-30,000 Hz
- recommended power range: 2-50 watts RMS
- peak power handling: 240 watts
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-1/2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TS-A1780R
What's in the box:
- Two 4-way speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Plastic GM/Chrysler adapter brackets
- Two 13" lengths of speaker wire (each length of speaker wire has quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other end)
- Eight 3/4" self-tapping screws (for attaching the speaker to the vehicle)
- Eight 5/16" self-tapping screws (for attaching the included adapter bracket to the speaker)
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Self-adhesive strips of foam on a single paper backing
- Warranty sheet
Pioneer TS-A1780R reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer TS-A1780R
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||Dome x 2|
|Tweeter Composition||PET silver film|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||91|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||28 - 30k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||240|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.533|
Woofers: Each speaker features an interlaced Aramid fiber-reinforced IMPP (Injection Molded Polypropylene) cone woofer. With long Aramid fibers interlacing together inside, this IMPP cone design provides the strength and rigidity powerful bass sound requires. The high-density, compressed internal architecture is resilient, stacks up against high power and transfers sound very quickly. The result is full-bodied, rich sound.
Midranges: Each speaker uses a 1-5/8" Foamed Pearl PolyCarbon (PPC) balanced dome midrange with magnetic fluid and a strontium magnet. PPC is a lightweight material that delivers high sensitivity, open sound character and smooth extended frequency response. Its high inner loss reduces distortion. It's blended with special carbon fiber for UV resistance and protection against the harsh environment of a car.
Tweeters: Each speaker uses a 5/8" PET silver film dome tweeter and a 3/8" PET silver film super tweeter for crisp, clear highs.
Surrounds: For durability and a smoother response, each speaker uses a butyl rubber surround.
Mounting: The speakers can be mounted in a 6-3/4" opening, or, using the supplied adapters, the speakers can be mounted in an oversized GM/Chrysler 6-1/2" opening.
The Pioneer TS-A1780R replaces these items