About the Pioneer Premier TS-A502C
Pioneer Premier A-Series component speaker systems offer excellent sound, with the strong stereo image that only separate components can provide. The tough woofers broadcast the low frequencies, the separate tweeters open up the sound with detailed highs, and the external crossovers ensure a perfect sonic balance between highs and lows. And Pioneer protects A-Series speakers with a comprehensive 3-year warranty.
The TS-A502C system includes 5-1/4" woofers made from polypropylene laced with Aramid, a synthetic fiber used in bullet-proof vests. Add in butyl rubber surrounds, and you can count on these woofers to pump out strong bass for years to come. The 7/8" soft dome tweeters disperse crisp highs, and you can surface- or flush-mount these tweeters to play better toward your listening position.
This Pioneer Premier system's wide frequency response, strong power handling, and "aim-ability" give your music an incredible live image. You can drive this efficient component system with your car stereo, but it'll reach its full potential when paired with an outboard amplifier. Pioneer includes brackets for mounting the woofers in 6"x8" speaker openings.
Priced per system
- component speaker system includes two 5-1/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- injection-molded carbon graphite polypropylene with Aramid woofers
- butyl rubber surrounds
- 7/8" Tetron soft dome tweeters
- 2-way external crossovers
- 4-ohm impedance
- 2-35 watts RMS power range (180 watts peak)
- frequency response: 36-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- depth: 1-15/16"
- 6"x8"/6"x8"C mounting bracket included
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TS-A502C
What's in the box:
Pioneer Premier TS-A502C owner's manual
- Two 5-1/4" woofers
- Two 7/8" soft-dome tweeters with attached 10" speaker leads terminated by female and male quick-slides
- 2 Passive crossovers
- 2 Grilles
- Two 6x8" speaker adapter brackets
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Factory-mount cups
- 2 Metal flush-mount clamps
- 2 Machine screws (3mm x 4mm)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 14mm)
- 8 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 6mm)
- 8 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 20mm)
- 8 Speed clips
- 4 Wire ties
- Self-adhesive foam gasket strip (1.125" x 18.5")
- 2 Circular pieces of dual-sided tape
- Warranty Information
- Installation instructions and cutout template on box
Pioneer Premier TS-A502C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Pioneer Premier TS-A502C
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||Soft dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon graphite IMPP|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||90|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||36 - 30k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||35|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||180|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 15/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 15/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.25|
IMPP Woofer: Each 5-1/4" cone woofer is made from interlaced Carbon Graphite composite IMPP (Injection Molded Polypropylene), reinforced with long interlaced Aramid Fibers. This design provides the strength and rigidity powerful bass sound requires. The high-density, compressed internal architecture is resilient and stacks up against high power and transfers sound very quickly. The result is full-bodied, rich sound.
Surrounds: For durability and a smoother response, each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
Grilles: The Pioneer Premier TS-A502C comes supplied with a set of speaker grilles that feature a plastic silver ring and a black metal mesh insert. The supplied grilles are designed for when the woofers are installed in aftermarket 5-1/4" openings.
Mounting: The TS-A502C's woofers can be mounted in a standard 4-hole 5-1/4" opening without the use of a bracket. The woofers can also be mounted in a standard 6x8" opening or a Ford/Mazda 5x7" opening using the supplied adapter brackets.
Soft-Dome Tweeter: The TS-A502C features two 7/8" soft-dome tweeters with magnetic fluid and 0.3-ounce Neodymium magnets for efficient, crisp, clear highs.
Mounting: The tweeters can be flush-mounted using the supplied metal clamps. The supplied plastic mounting cups allow you to surface mount the tweeters in an aftermarket location or mount the tweeters in a factory tweeter location behind a factory installed grille. The surface mounting cup lets you position the tweeter at 50-degree or 75-degree angle. Once installed, the tweeters do not swivel. The surface mounting cups attach to a flat, clean surface of your vehicle with the supplied dual-sided tape.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Factory Mount||Angled Surface Mount||Flush Mount|
|Mounting Height||0.585"||1.703 (75-degree angle)||0.4375"|
|Depth||0.935"||1.422" (50-degree angle)||1.035"|
Passive Crossover Network: The TS-A502C features one 3600 Hz outboard passive crossover module for each woofer/tweeter combination. The two outboard crossover modules feature a fixed -6dB/octave low-pass and -12dB/octave high-pass filter.
Crossover Connections: The passive crossover utilizes attached speaker leads to connect the crossover to your amplifier and the supplied woofer and tweeter.
- Amplifier: 17.5" attached speaker lead terminated with bare-tinned wire for connecting the crossover to your amplifier's speaker output.
- Woofer: 17.5" attached speaker lead terminated with one large (positive) and one small (negative) male quick-slide connector for connecting the crossover to the supplied 5-1/4" woofer.
- Tweeter: 37" attached speaker lead terminated with one female (positive) and one male (negative) quick-slide connector for connecting the crossover to the supplied 7/8" tweeter.
Mounting: There are four supplied plastic wire ties for mounting the crossovers and securing the wires in your vehicle.
Crossover Dimensions: Width = 1.725", Height = 0.855", Depth = 2.575"
Warranty Note: The included warranty card indicates a 1 year parts and labor warranty for Premier brand loudspeakers. The warranty is extended to 3 years if the speakers are installed by a Pioneer Premier dealer. However, Pioneer has extended the warranty to 3 years for all Premier brand speakers purchased from Crutchfield, regardless of who installs them.