About the Pioneer TS-A652C
Open, smooth sound
Open, smooth sound
If anyone knows how to make music sound phenomenal in your car, it's Pioneer. With their A-Series, you'll experience their signature, open-and-smooth sound which helps overcome the limitations of off-axis listening in a vehicle while ensuring a seamless transition between woofer and tweeter playback. Best of all, Pioneer gives you this powerful speaker solution with a friendly price tag so you don't go over budget building a whole system. Pair this TS-A652C 6-1/2" component system with an outboard amp and power it with up to 80 watts RMS for seriously clean sound.
Optimized materials and design
A woofer cone made of carbon- and mica-reinforced polypropylene means awesome rigidity, low-frequency responsiveness, and weather-resistance. Pioneer also gives you versatile woofer brackets for use across all kinds of makes and models. Use the included tweeter mounts to install the separate 3/4" tweeters in a good spot up high in your vehicle for better stereo imaging. Inline crossovers eliminate the need to find a spot for crossover modules.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers and 2 tweeters
- 6-1/2" multilayer carbon- and mica-reinforced IMPP woofer cone with elastic polymer surround
- separate 3/4" polyimide hard dome tweeter with inline crossover
- woofer adapter and tweeter mounting equipment included
- grilles not included
- handles up to 80 watts RMS (350 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 34-49,000 Hz
- impedance: 4 ohms
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-3/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TS-A652C
What's in the box:
- Two woofers
- Two tweeters (with attached 10" speaker leads terminated with quick-connects)
- 2 Multi-application woofer mounting brackets
- 2 Lengths of speaker wire (each has quick slides to connect to the woofer-a 40" tweeter output leg with integrated crossover-and an 11" input leg)
- 2 Tweeter angled surface mount housings
- 2 Tweeter flush mount rings
- 2 Tweeter factory mount brackets
- Eight 3/4" Screws
- Eight 3/8" Screws
- Six 1/2" Screws
- 8 Flat washers
- 2 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed foam discs
- Warranty information
- Template and specs on box
More details on the Pioneer TS-A652C
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||20mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon and Mica reinforced IMP|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||85|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||34 - 49k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||80|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||350|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 7/16|
Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Pioneer, call this size woofer a 6-1/2". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6-1/2" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size speaker as a 6-3/4". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Mounting Brackets: Pioneer includes a pair of mounting brackets to install the woofers in vehicle-specific applications. Again, enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Surrounds: For durability and a smooth response, each woofer uses an elastic polymer (synthetic rubber) surround.
Tweeter Mounting: The system includes flush mount rings and angled surface mount housings for the tweeters. The surface mount housing positions the tweeters at approximately a 45° angle. Bendable brackets are also included for mounting the tweeters in factory locations. Once installed the tweeters do not swivel.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Angled Surface Mount||Flush Mount|
|Mounting Depth||screw depth||0.552"|
Crossovers: The high pass crossovers are integrated into the included speaker wire and the low pass crossovers are integrated into the woofer baskets. Both are 6 dB/octave and the crossover point is 2.5 kHz. Each length of speaker wire connects to both a woofer and tweeter. Quick slides connect to the woofer, a 40" output leg with integrated crossover (approximately 1/2" diameter x 1-3/4" long) connects to the terminals attached to the tweeter, and an 11" input leg connects to the source.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?