About the Pioneer TS-WX010A
Pioneer's TS-WX010A powered subwoofer delivers their trademark bass sound in their smallest enclosure yet. At only 2-3/4" tall, this enclosure is designed to fit into those tight spots in your vehicle's interior. With its reduced power consumption of only 4.2A, this sub is tailor-made for today's electric and hybrid vehicles. Optimized for installation in the passenger footwell, the downward-firing sub can be mounted vertically or horizontally for maximum installation flexibility.
Aluminum cone for tight response
You'll get great bass response from this enclosure's 6-5/8" by 3-1/8" woofer, which is fed 50 watts RMS by the durable built-in amplifier. An aluminum cone provides the added stiffness to combat distortion, while the urethane surround keeps the cone on track. The sub's gain, low-pass filter, and phase settings let you dial in the perfect sound. This powered subwoofer gives you solid bass response and adjustability in an easy-to-stow package.
- compact powered subwoofer
- 6-5/8" by 3-1/8" sub with aluminum cone
- built-in amplifier: 50 watts RMS (160 watts peak)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- gain and phase controls
- variable low-pass crossover (50-125 Hz)
- dimensions: 9"W x 2-3/4"H x 4-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TS-WX010A
What's in the box:
Pioneer TS-WX010A owner's manual
- Compact powered subwoofer
- Input harness with 8' power (inline 10A ATO fuse) and remote wires / 5' ground wire and 8" RCA cable
- 2 Mounting plates
- 2 Mounting tabs
- 2 Mounting knobs
- Two 25mm screws
- Two 1/2" screws
- 4 Adhesive strips
- Instruction manual
- Warranty information
- Safety information
Pioneer TS-WX010A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Pioneer TS-WX010A
Features & specs
|Connector Type||Wire harness|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.625|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||50 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||160 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Overview: The Pioneer TS-WX010A is a compact, down-firing amplified subwoofer with a built-in Class D amplifier. It contains an 6-5/8" x 3-1/8" cone woofer, which is driven by a 50-watt RMS (160W Max) amp. The acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure is compact enough to fit under the seat, behind the seat, or in small storage compartments.
Woofer Cone: The Pioneer compact active subwoofer has a 6-5/8" x 3-1/8" aluminum cone woofer with an 9.5-ounce Strontium magnet and heat-resistant voice coil. The speaker has a rolled urethane (foam) surround.
Enclosure: The TS-WX010A features a specially designed acoustic suspension enclosure. It is made of a high density compound resin. The enclosure includes an 8" x 4-1/2" high-density compound resin grille.
- Gain: A rotary dial lets you adjust the input signal level - Min to Max.
- Frequency (low pass filter): A rotary low-pass filter dial lets you adjust the frequency cutoff from 50 Hz to 125 Hz.
- Input Level: A 2-way switch, located on the bottom of the unit inside the recessed connection panel, can be set to "SPK" or "RCA" depending upon whether the input signal is speaker wire or RCA plugs.
- Phase: A 2-way switch, also located on the bottom of the unit inside the recessed connection panel, lets you keep the subwoofer signal in-phase (NOR) or 180˚ out-of-phase (REV).
Connections: The TS-WX010A comes with a 8-pin wiring harness for all connections. The wiring harness has two 8' lengths of 18-gauge wire for power (with an in-line 10A ATO fuse) and Remote Turn-On, along with a 5' length of 18-gauge ground wire. A pair of RCA inputs are on an 8" harness, letting you connect the subwoofer to an aftermarket stereo via RCA cables. If you're connecting the subwoofer to a factory radio (or a radio without RCA outputs), you can cut the RCA plugs off of the input harness and splice it to the speaker wires.
Note: If installing the active subwoofer with an aftermarket radio, the Blue Remote Turn-On wire will need to be connected to the radio's remote output wire. If connecting to a factory radio, the Blue Remote Turn-On wire will need to be connected to the vehicle's switched power, allowing it to be activated when the ignition switch is in the On or Accessory position.
Installation: The compact subwoofer includes mounting brackets and hardware needed for installation. The mounting brackets are designed to be placed underneath floor carpet with two mounting screws protruding up through the carpet. Two mounting tabs can be affixed to the sub enclosure for securing it to the mounting screws using the supplied mounting knobs. The mounting tabs can be attached to the sub enclosure in two locations, allowing the subwoofer to either lay flat (down-firing) or sit upright.
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 200Hz
- Sensitivity (1W/1m, In Car - installed at the foot space): 98dB
- Input Level (@ max gain):
- RCA: 70mV + 70mV, 22kΩ
- Speaker Level: 1.4V + 1.4V, 5kΩ
- Power Output:
- Nominal: 50 watts (80 Hz, 1% THD)
- Maximum: 160 watts (80 Hz, 40% THD)
- Dimensions: Width = 9.07", Height = 2.80", Depth = 4.58"
- Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz.
3 questions already asked
Outstanding product! Surprised me with the power delivered, and my highs and lows are excellent! Actually had to turn down the bass because it was TOO much for my convertible!
Joseph from Spring Branch, TX