About the Pioneer VREC-DH300D
Two views are better than one
Two views are better than one
Pioneer's VREC-DH300D dash cam system delivers excellent video coverage and image quality with two HD cameras that fit tidily in any vehicle. Each camera combines a Sony STARVIS image sensor and Pioneer's Night Vision to provide the best possible picture at night or in dark settings like parking garages. Check out your recorded video on the dash cam's 3" display or access it from another device using the included microSD card.
The system's second camera can record the inside of your vehicle or your rear view — a smart addition for ride-share drivers or fleet vehicles.
This compact system fits neatly into most out-of-the-way spots in your vehicle, so you can enjoy the peace of mind that they're loop-recording your journey while staying unobtrusive. Their easily adjustable mounts make it easy to tweak the viewing angle, and both cameras are fully automated — they'll start or stop recording once the engine is turned on or off. And if you're involved in an accident, built-in G-Sensors will detect sudden acceleration or a collision, then save the critical time- and location-stamped footage.
With an optional hardwired power kit, the VREC-DH300D dual cam system can keep an eye on your vehicle while it's parked and the engine is off. If vibration is detected, the system will activate and save a recording of the related incident. The next time you start your vehicle, the system will notify you that an incident has occurred.
- dual camera system with compact dash cam and rear-facing camera
- 3" dash cam display
- Sony STARVIS image sensor with Pioneer Night Time Mode
- each camera features a rotatable lens for on-the-fly adjustment
- mount and 12-volt power plug included
- optional parking mode and 24/7 security mode with hardwire kit (not included)
- built-in speaker
- built-in GPS
- Pioneer's Dash Camera app lets you share video from your phone
- G-sensor incident detection
- dash cam: video resolution up to 1440p and 135-degree viewing angle
- rear-view cam: video resolution up to 1080p and 128-degree viewing angle
- 16GB microSD card included (storage capacity upgradable up to 128GB microSD card)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VREC-DH300D
What's in the box:
- Dash camera with 3" LCD screen
- Rear camera w/adhesive backing and attached 9.5' video cable (terminated in a 2.5mm TRRS connector)
- 16GB Micro-SDHC card
- SD Card adapter
- 19.5' Video cable (USB-C on one end / female 2.5mm TRRS connector on other end)
- Lighter adapter w/ attached 13' cable terminated in a USB-C connector (inline 2A mini-AGU fuse)
- Windshield mounting bracket w/ 3M adhesive backing
- Alcohol prep pad
- Quickstart guide
- Warranty information
Pioneer VREC-DH300D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer VREC-DH300D
Camera System: The Pioneer VREC-DH300D two-camera system features a Wide Quad HD (WQHD) 1440p dash camera, with an integrated 3" LCD display, and a 1080p HD rear-view camera. The front camera can provide a wide 135˚ diagonal view, while the rear camera can provide a wide 128˚ view behind your vehicle. Both cameras feature STARVIS back-illuminated CMOS technology that constantly adjusts the image quality to produce bright, color-rich images with fine detail that's ideal for capturing license plates, even in dark or near-infrared light conditions.
- Dash Camera/Display: The dash cam features a 3.7 Megapixel CMOS sensor, for full HD 2560x1440p recordings. The dash cam features a built-in 3" LCD display for viewing either camera as well as playing back any video or pictures captured to the included micro-SD card. The front-facing camera features an adjustable angle of 20˚-75˚ for optimal aiming.
- Rear Camera: The provided rear-view camera is an interior-mounted camera that can provide a constant rear-facing view of the road that can also be recorded to the dashcam's SD card. The rear camera features a built-in 9.5' video cable that attaches to the 19.5' video extension cable for a total length of 29'. The video extension cable is terminated in a USB-C connector that attaches to the dash camera. The dash camera can record both views while driving and when parked, for added security. The rear-facing camera can be adjusted from 0˚-90˚ for optimal aiming.
Note: The Pioneer VREC-DH300D is not designed to work as a backup or reverse camera and does not include a reverse wire connection.
G-Sensor: The VREC-DH300D features a built-in accelerometer that can sense an impact or collision, and will automatically protect video footage around the time. The G-sensor features 4 sensitivity settings, with 1 being the most sensitive and 4 the least, or can be turned off completely.
Recording Modes: The VREC-DH300D provides the following recording modes:
- Video Recording: This mode is automatically activated when the engine is started. Recorded video is saved in a series of 20 second clips (default), with options for 1 minute and 3 minute long clips. The oldest recorded footage is overwritten when the included memory card is full.
- Event Recording:
- Automatic: The camera is constantly recording while driving and if the built-in G-sensor detects an impact, the VREC-DH300D will start saving footage from both cameras 20 seconds before the collision is detected and 20 seconds afterwards.
- Manual: Recording can be done by manually pressing the Manual Record/Power button. This will record 20 seconds before and 20 seconds after pressing the button.
- Video Playback: Recorded video from both cameras can be
viewed from the dash cam's built-in 3" LCD display.
Note: If the vehicle is moving at speeds higher than 19 MPH, recorded video cannot be played back.
Optional Parking Mode: The VREC-DH300D can provide continuous recording in parking mode when using the optional Pioneer RD-HWK200 Hardwire Kit (sold separately). This allows the dash cam to be powered on when the vehicle is turned off, providing additional vehicle protection. The Hardwire Kit also eliminates the need for a power cord to be plugged into your lighter socket, giving your vehicle interior a neater appearance.
Recording Format: The VREC-DH300D provides two selectable MP4 recording formats - H.264 and H.265.
GPS: A GPS antenna, built into the dash camera's mounting base, lets you have your exact location, time, and date stamped to the camera's video footage.
Microphone & Speaker: The Pioneer dash-cam features a built-in speaker and microphone, allowing audio to be recorded along with video, if desired.
Storage and Filing: All recorded video and pictures are stored on the included 16GB micro-SDHC card. Additional micro-SDHC and micro-SDXC cards from 8GB to 128GB can be used. Each of the different types of recording files are stored in folders named for that type of recording, making it easier to review and archive footage. The 2 storage files include: Video Recording and Event Recording.
- Approximate Recording Times with the included 16GB micro-SD
Compression Method Resolution Video Recording Event Recording H.264 2560x1440p 1 Hour 25 Minutes 1920x1080p 1 Hour/20 Minutes 34 Minutes H.265 2560x1440p 1 Hour/10 Minutes 30 Minutes 1920x1080p 1 Hour/30 Minutes 38 Minutes
- Approximate Recording Times with an optional 128GB micro-SD
Compression Method Resolution Video Recording Event Recording H.264 2560x1440p 8 Hours 3 Hours/20 Minutes 1920x1080p 10 Hours/40 Minutes 4 Hours/30 Minutes H.265 2560x1440p 9 Hours/20 Minutes 4 Hours 1920x1080p 12 Hours 5 Hours/10 Minutes
Power: The VREC-DH300D dash camera gets powered via the included lighter adapter with a 13' cable terminated in a USB-C connector. The rear-view camera receives power from the dash camera through the attached 9.5' video cable and 19.5' video/USB-C extension cable.
Mounting: The front-facing camera includes a mounting bracket with an adhesive backing for attaching to the front windshield. The rear camera features a built-in adhesive pad for attaching it to the rear window. An alcohol prep pad is included for providing a clean dry area to properly secure the cameras.
- Dash Cam/Display: Width = 3.56", Height = 2.12", Depth = 1.41"
- Rear Cam: Width = 2.85", Height = 1.25", Depth = 1.10"
5 questions already asked