About the Pioneer VREC-DZ700DC
Take a two-cam approach
Take a two-cam approach
Pioneer's VREC-DZ700DC dash cam system delivers on video coverage and image quality with two HD cameras that fit tidily in any vehicle. Pioneer uses a Sony STARVIS image sensor and Wide Dynamic Range to provide the best possible picture in bright light and at night. Check out your recorded video on the dash cam's 2" display or access it on your phone, thanks to a wireless connection. Pioneer's Dash Camera app gives you access to extra features for viewing and sharing recorded video.
The system's second camera can record the inside of your vehicle or your rear view — a smart addition for ride-share drivers or fleet vehicles. Easily adjust the viewing angle of the camera with a twist.
Document your ride
These compact cameras won't crowd your field of vision when you're driving, and their easily adjustable mounts let you tweak your viewing angle on the fly. Both cameras are fully automated and will start or stop recording once the engine is turned on or off. Their loop-recording feature will document any incidents on the road. And if you're involved in an accident, built-in G-Sensors will detect sudden acceleration or a collision, then save the critical, time- and location-stamped footage.
With hardwired power, the VREC-DZ700DC dual cam system can keep an eye on your vehicle while it's parked and the engine is off. If a vibration is detected, the system will activate and save a recording of the related incident. The next time you start your vehicle, the system will notify you that an incident has occurred.
- dual camera system with compact dash cam and second camera
- 2" dash cam display
- Sony STARVIS image sensor
- each camera features a rotatable lens for on-the-fly adjustment
- hardwire kit included for parking mode and 24/7 security mode
- video resolution up to 1080p with Wide Dynamic Range
- Wi-Fi for remote viewing
- built-in speaker
- built-in GPS
- Pioneer's Dash Camera app lets you share video from your phone
- G-sensor incident detection
- dash cam: 160-degree viewing angle
- rear cam: 137-degree viewing angle
- double-sided mounting tape included
- 16GB microSD card included (storage capacity upgradable up to 128GB microSD card)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VREC-DZ700DC
What's in the box:
- Dash camera with 2" LCD screen and adhesive backing
- Rear camera w/adhesive backing
- 16GB Micro-SDHC card
- 29.5' USB cable (min-B on both ends)
- 16.5' AV Cable (male 3.5mm TRRS on both ends)
- 16' Power/ground cable w/inline 2A AGU fuses on both power lines (proprietary connector on one end / bare-ended wire on other end)
- 11" AV Converter cable (female 3.5mm TRRS on one end / male composite video/audio on other end)
- Cleaning wipe
- Quickstart guide (Eng/Fren)
- Warranty information (Eng/Fren)
Pioneer VREC-DZ700DC reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer VREC-DZ700DC
Camera System: The Pioneer VREC-DZ700DC two-camera system features a 1080p HD dash camera, with integrated 2" LCD display, and a 1080p HD rear-view camera. The front camera can provide a wide 160˚ diagonal view, while the rear camera can provide a wide 137˚ view behind your vehicle. Both cameras feature STARVIS back-illuminated CMOS technology that constantly adjusts the image quality to produce bright, color-rich images with fine detail that's ideal for capturing license plates, even in dark or near-infrared light conditions.
- Dash Camera/Display: The dash cam features a 2 Megapixel CMOS sensor, for full HD 1080p recordings. The front camera also features WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) which automatically enhances and compensates overexposure or underexposure that occurs when the brightness changes suddenly, like at night when entering or exiting lighted areas. Exposure settings can also be manually adjusted in the menu settings. The dash cam features a built-in 2" LCD display for viewing either camera as well as playing back any video or pictures captured to the included micro-SD card. The front-facing camera can be rotated up to 220˚ for optimal aiming.
- Rear Camera: The provided rear-view camera is an interior-mounted camera that can provide a constant rear-facing view of the road that can also be recorded to the dashcam's SD card. The rear camera features HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology that enables both light and dark images to be captured clearly at the same time. The rear camera connects to the dashcam via the provided 29.5' micro-B USB cable, allowing the dash cam to record both views while driving and when parked, for added security. The rear-facing camera can be rotated 360˚ for optimal aiming.
Note: The Pioneer VREC-DZ700DC is not designed to work as a backup or reverse camera and does not include a reverse wire connection.
G-Sensor: The VREC-DZ700DC features a built-in accelerometer that can sense an impact or collision, and will automatically protect video footage around the time. The G-sensor features 4 sensitivity settings, with 1 being the most sensitive and 4 the least, or can be turned off completely.
Recording Modes: The VREC-DZ700DC provides the following recording modes:
- Video Recording: This mode is automatically activated when the engine is started. Recorded video is saved in a series of 3 minute clips, with the oldest footage getting overwritten when the included memory card is full.
- Event Recording:
- Automatic: The camera is constantly recording while driving and if the built-in G-sensor detects an impact, the VREC-DZ700DC will start saving footage from both cameras 20 seconds before the collision is detected and 20 seconds afterwards.
- Manual: Recording can be done by manually pressing the Mic button located below the 2" LCD screen. This will record 20 seconds before and 20 seconds after pressing the button.
- Parking Mode: When the power supply for the Pioneer camera system is turned off (vehicle is off), the Parking Mode can be activated for a fixed period of time, with a maximum operational time of approximately 40 minutes. When the camera's G-sensor detects vehicle movement caused by vibration while in Parking Mode, video footage 20 seconds before and 20 seconds after the event will be saved.
Note: Vibration that's detected approximately 3 minutes after the vehicle power has be turned off and for approximately 3 minutes before the power is turned on will not be captured, allowing time to enter and exit the vehicle.
- 24/7 Security Mode: The Security Mode provides parking surveillance 24 hours a day. In this mode, the VREC-DZ700DC operates in a low-power consumption mode to reduce the risk of running the vehicle battery low. If the vehicle battery drops below 11.2V, Security Mode will be cancelled.
GPS: A GPS antenna, built into the dash camera's mounting base, lets you have your exact location, time, and date stamped to the camera's video footage.
Microphone & Speaker: The Pioneer dash-cam features a built-in speaker and microphone, allowing audio to be recorded along with video, if desired.
Photos: Photos can be taken during video recording or event recording by pressing the photo button below the LCD screen.
Storage and Filing: All recorded video and pictures are stored on the included 16GB microSDHC card. Additional micro-SDHC and micro-SDXC cards from 8GB to 128GB can be used. Each of the different types of recording files are stored in folders named for that type of recording, making it easier to review and archive footage. The 4 different storage files include: Video Recording, Event Recording, Parking Mode, and Photo.
Built-In WiFi: The VREC-DZ700DC features built-in WiFi, letting you connect your Android or Apple smartphone to view captured video footage, using the Pioneer Dash Camera app from the Apple App and Google Play stores. The Dash Camera app also lets you make manual recordings or photos, download recorded data, and set up the camera system from your smartphone.
AV Connection: An AV output on the dash cam lets you connect the provided 3.5mm TRRS (Tip/Ring/Ring/Sleeve) cable to your in-dash monitor or display headunit for viewing video and photo files. If your display doesn't have a 3.5mm AV input, a 3.5mm-to-composite video/audio adapter is provided.
Power: The VREC-DZ700DC includes a 16' power and ground cable for powering the camera system from the vehicle's fuse box or from a 12VDC power source. +12V constant, +12V switched, and ground wires are provided. The rear-view camera is powered through the 29.5' micro-B USB connection to the dash camera.
Mounting: Both the front- and rear-facing cameras include adhesive backing for attaching to the front and rear windshields. A moist cleaning wipe is included for providing a clean dry area to properly secure the cameras.
- Dash Cam/Display: Width = 4.30", Height = 3.05", Depth = 1.65"
- Rear Cam: Width = 2.50", Height = 1.50", Depth = 1.24"
9 questions already asked