About the Pioneer VSX-D411
Pioneer's affordable VSX-D411 sports an uncluttered front panel and a no-nonsense attitude performance is the name of the game! This receiver brings your movies and music to life with 5.1-channel Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding, and 100 watts for each of your home theater speakers. Plus, you get Dolby Pro Logic II and Pioneer's Expanded Theater mode for convincing 5.1-channel surround sound from sources like VHS movies and many broadcast TV shows.
The VSX-D411's versatile back-panel jacks include 2 digital inputs, 2 audio inputs, and 3 A/V inputs. You even get a 5.1-channel analog input for adding a DVD-Audio or SACD player, plus wide range frequency response (up to 100,000 Hz!) that allows you take full advantage of these high-resolution formats. Four audio DSP modes let you enhance movie or music sound with your choice of ambience, including a 5-Channel Stereo Mode that lets you play stereo music through all your home theater speakers.
- 100 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD or 100 x 5 in surround mode
- Dolby Digital, DTS, and Pro Logic II decoding
- 4 audio DSP modes (Expanded Theater, 5-Channel Stereo, Musical, Movie)
- Midnight listening mode
- wide-range frequency response
- digital inputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 2 audio, 3 A/V (including one 5.1-channel) inputs
- no phono input
- A/V remote
- preamp-level subwoofer output
- 30 AM/FM presets
- 1 set of main speaker outputs
- 16-1/2"W x 6-1/4"H x 15-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS/Pro Logic II receiver
- 1 XXD3038 Wireless remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 1 FM wire antenna
- 1 AM loop antenna
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer VSX-D411
Features & specs
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Pro Logic
- Dolby Pro Logic II Movie
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music
Advanced Theater Modes:
- Musical: simulates the acoustic environment of a large concert hall and is suitable for music sources
- Movie: simulates the relaxed environment of a movie theater and is suitable watching movies
- Expanded: This mode is designed to give sound depth to stereo sources. The overall effect builds a dynamic and broad sound field, allowing a 2-channel signal to faithfully imitate a five speaker sound. You can use this mode with Dolby Pro Logic sources.
- 5-Channel Stereo: used to give multi-channel sound to a stereo source
Midnight Listening Mode: The Midnight Listening mode preserves the dynamic range and full intelligibility of a movie sound track, while reducing the peak volume level.
- Speakers (front, center, surround): This setting establishes the size and configuration of the speaker system you have connected. For the Front speakers, you can choose a setting of Large or Small. For the center speaker, you can choose a setting of Large, Small, or no center speaker (denoted by an asterisk). For the surround speakers, you can choose a setting of Large, Small, or no surround speakers (denoted by an asterisk).
- Speakers (surround back): This setting establishes the size of the speaker connected to the surround back output. You can choose a surround back speaker and its size, or you can choose to hook a subwoofer to this terminal. You can choose a setting of Large, Small, no center speaker (denoted by an asterisk), or Subwoofer.
- Subwoofer: For the subwoofer, you can choose a setting of On, Off, or Plus. When the Plus setting is selected, the subwoofer will receive bass signals, even if the front speakers are set to Large. Note: If the front speakers are set to Small in the Speaker setting mode, the Subwoofer mode will be set to On and cannot be turned Off.
- Crossover Frequency: allows you to select a high-pass crossover frequency for speakers set to Small. The frequencies below the crossover frequency are sent to the subwoofer. If a subwoofer is not connected, the frequencies are sent to speakers with a Large setting. You can choose a crossover frequency setting of 100, 150, or 200Hz.
- LFE Attenuator: sets the attenuation level for the LFE (low frequency effects) channel when the LFE signal causes distortion in the speakers
- Front Speaker Distance Setting: may be set from 1-30 feet
- Center Speaker Distance Setting: may be set from 1-30 feet
- Surround Speaker Distance Setting: may be set from 1-30 feet
- Dynamic Range Control: allows you to select a compression setting of Max, Mid, or Off. For listening enjoyment at very low volumes, choose Max for maximum dynamic range compression. Note: This feature only works with Dolby Digital sources.
- Dual Mono: The dual mono setting can only be used when listening to Dolby Digital sources that have dual mono information. With this setting, you can choose which channel in the dual mono information you want to hear. This feature is useful for soundtracks that have one language on one channel and a different language on the other channel.
- Coaxial Digital Input: sets the component that is assigned to the coaxial digital input. You can select DVD, TV, CD, CD-R, VCR, or Off.
- Optical Digital Input: sets the component that is assigned to the Toslink digital input. You can select DVD, TV, CD, CD-R, VCR, or Off.
- Sound Level (Test Tone): allows you to set the volume level of each channel (Front Left, Center, Front Right, Surround Right, Surround Back, Surround Left, and Subwoofer)
Display Dimmer: The display brightness may be set to one of three levels, or it may be turned off (display of volume level stays on).
Signal Select: If a component is hooked up to the receiver using both digital and analog connections, you can select the input you wish to use.
A/V Remote: The VSX-D411 comes with the XXD3038 A/V remote control.
- Phones: Standard (1/4") gold-plated headphone output jack
- AM Loop Antenna Input: two spring clip connections
- FM 75-ohm Antenna Input: two spring clip connections
- CD Input: stereo RCA jacks
- VCR/DVR Input/Output: RCA composite audio and video jacks
- TV/SAT Input: RCA composite audio and video jacks
- DVD/LD Input: RCA composite audio and video jacks (also used as the front left and front right inputs for the 5.1 channel input)
- CD-R/Tape/MD Input/Output: stereo RCA jacks
- 5.1 Channel Input: 6 RCA jacks (front left, front right, surround left, surround right, center, and subwoofer)
- Monitor Output: RCA composite video jack
- DVD/LD Coax Digital Input: standard coaxial digital jack
- TV/Sat Optical Digital Input: standard Toslink digital input with a plastic protective cover
- Control Out Jack: mini-jack output, connects to the control in jack on other Pioneer components to transfer remote control signals
- Speaker Outputs: spring clip terminals for main, surround, and center speaker outputs
- AC Outlet: one switched AC outlet (100W/0.8A max)