About the Pioneer VSX-D711
Despite its clean, uncluttered look, Pioneer's VSX-D711 is loaded with features that deliver top-notch home theater performance and convenience! This receiver brings your movies to life with 5.1-channel Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding. 100 watts x 5 channels of clean Pioneer power supply dynamic multichannel sound for both movie and music sources. And the elegant flip-down front panel hides an array of control keys plus a handy set of A/V inputs.
Dolby Pro Logic II decoding and Pioneer's Expanded Theater mode both give you realistic 5.1-channel sound from any Dolby Surround-encoded or stereo source including music! The multibrand remote control gives you easy control over your entire A/V system. And you also get hookup options galore, including component video switching, 3 digital inputs and 1 digital output, 4 S-video inputs (including one on the front-panel), and a 5.1-channel input for a high-resolution audio source like a DVD-Audio or SACD player. A second set of main speaker outputs lets you wire a deck, patio, or second room for stereo sound.Details:
- Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic II
- 100 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD or 100 x 5 in surround mode
- 5 DSP modes (Virtual Surround Back, Expanded Theater, 5-Channel Stereo, Music, and Movie)
- Midnight Listening mode
- 96kHz/24-bit D/A converters
- wide-range frequency response
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out, 28MHz bandwidth)
- digital inputs: 1 optical, 2 coaxial
- digital outputs: 1 optical
- 3 audio, 4 A/V (including 4 S-video, one front-panel, and one 5.1-channel) inputs
- no phono input
- preamp-level subwoofer and center channel output
- multibrand remote control
- flip-down front panel
- 2 sets of main speaker outputs
- banana plug-compatible terminals for all main-room speakers
- 30 AM/FM presets
- 16-1/2"W x 6-1/4"H x 15-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS/Pro Logic II receiver
- XXD3041 Wireless remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer VSX-D711
Features & specs
5.1-Channel Input: In addition to the built-in Dolby Digital and DTS processing, this unit also has a 5.1-channel input for use with external multi-channel decoders. The 5.1-channel input can accept left front, right front, center, left surround, right surround and subwoofer signals.
96kHz/24-bit Audio D/A Conversion: This unit will accept and play 96kHz/24 bit linear PCM digital audio.
Component Video Switching: In addition to composite video and S-video switching, this unit can switch between two component video sources. There are 2 component video inputs and 1 component video monitor output; each input and output has jacks labeled "Y", "Pb" and "Pr". This feature allows you to connect and switch between high resolution video sources equipped with component video outputs.
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Pro Logic
- Dolby Pro Logic II Movie
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music
Advanced Theater Modes:
- Music: simulates the acoustic environment of a large concert hall and is suitable for music sources
- Movie: simulates the relaxed environment of a movie theater and is suitable watching movies
- Virtual Surround Back: simulates 7.1 channel surround when listening to 5.1 channel sources
- Expanded: This mode is designed to give sound depth to stereo sources. The overall effect builds a dynamic and broad sound field, allowing a 2-channel signal to faithfully imitate a six speaker sound. You can use this mode with Dolby Pro Logic sources.
- 5-Channel Stereo: used to output a stereo source from all the surround speakers
Midnight Listening Mode: The Midnight Listening mode preserves the dynamic range and full intelligibility of a movie sound track, while reducing the peak volume level.
- Speakers (front, center, surround): This setting establishes the size and configuration of the speaker system you have connected. For the Front speakers, you can choose a setting of Large or Small. For the center speaker, you can choose a setting of Large, Small, or no center speaker (denoted by an asterisk). For the surround speakers, you can choose a setting of Large, Small, or no surround speakers (denoted by an asterisk).
- Subwoofer: For the subwoofer, you can choose a setting of On, Off, or Plus. When the Plus setting is selected, the subwoofer will receive bass signals, even if the front speakers are set to Large. Note: If the front speakers are set to Small in the Speaker setting mode, the Subwoofer mode will be set to On and cannot be turned Off.
- Crossover Frequency: allows you to select a high-pass crossover frequency for speakers set to Small. The frequencies below the crossover frequency are sent to the subwoofer. If a subwoofer is not connected, the frequencies are sent to speakers with a Large setting. You can choose a crossover frequency setting of 100, 150, or 200Hz.
- LFE Attenuator: sets the attenuation level for the LFE (low frequency effects) channel when the LFE signal causes distortion in the speakers
- Front Speaker Distance Setting: may be set from 1-30 feet
- Center Speaker Distance Setting: may be set from 1-30 feet
- Surround Speaker Distance Setting: may be set from 1-30 feet
- Dynamic Range Control: allows you to select a compression setting of Max, Mid, or Off. For listening enjoyment at very low volumes, choose Max for maximum dynamic range compression. Note: This feature only works with Dolby Digital sources.
- Dual Mono: The dual mono setting can only be used when listening to Dolby Digital sources that have dual mono information. With this setting, you can choose which channel in the dual mono information you want to hear. This feature is useful for soundtracks that have one language on one channel and a different language on the other channel.
- Component Input 1: sets the component that is assigned to the 1st set of component inputs. You can select DVD, TV, VCR, or Off.
- Component Input 2: sets the component that is assigned to the 2nd set of component inputs. You can select DVD, TV, VCR, or Off.
- Coaxial Digital Input 1: sets the component that is assigned to the coaxial digital 1 input. You can select DVD, TV, CD, CD-R, VCR, or Off.
- Coaxial Digital Input 2: sets the component that is assigned to the coaxial digital 2 input. You can select DVD, TV, CD, CD-R, VCR, or Off.
- Optical Digital Input: sets the component that is assigned to the Toslink digital input. You can select DVD, TV, CD, CD-R, VCR, or Off.
- Sound Level (Test Tone): allows you to set the volume level of each channel (Front Left, Center, Front Right, Surround Right, Surround Left, and Subwoofer)
Display Dimmer: The display brightness may be set to one of three levels, or it may be turned off (display of volume level stays on).
Signal Select: If a component is hooked up to the receiver using both digital and analog connections, you can select the input you wish to use.
Multibrand Remote: The VSX-D711 comes with a powerful remote that is programmed to control not only the receiver's functions, but also most popular brands of audio and video equipment, including DVD players, CD players, cassette decks, televisions, cable boxes, VCRs, satellite receivers and other home-theater equipment.
- Phones: standard (1/4") gold-plated headphone output jack
- Video Input: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks, gold-plated RCA composite video jack, and gold-plated S-video jack
- AM Loop Antenna Input: two spring clip connections
- FM 75-ohm Antenna input: two spring clip connections
- Aux Input: stereo RCA jacks
- CD Input: stereo RCA jacks
- VCR/DVR Input/Output: stereo RCA jacks, RCA composite video jacks and S-video jacks
- TV/SAT Input: stereo RCA jacks, RCA composite video jack, S-video jack, and Component video jacks (3 RCA jacks labeled "Y", "Pb" and "Pr")
- DVD/LD Input: stereo RCA jacks (also used as the front left and front right inputs for the 5.1 channel input), RCA composite video jack, S-video jack, and Component video jacks (3 RCA jacks labeled "Y", "Pb" and "Pr")
- CD-R/Tape/MD Input/Output: stereo RCA jacks
- 5.1 Channel Input: 6 RCA jacks (front left, front right, surround left, surround right, center, and subwoofer)
- Monitor Output: RCA composite video jack, S-video jack, and Component video jacks (3 RCA jacks labeled "Y", "Pb" and "Pr")
- DVD/LD Coax Digital Input 1: standard coaxial digital jack
- CD Coax Digital Input 2: standard coaxial digital jack
- TV/Sat Optical Digital Input: standard Toslink digital input with a plastic protective cover
- Optical Digital Output: standard Toslink digital output with a plastic protective cover
- Preamp Outputs: 2 RCA jacks for center and subwoofer
- Control Out Jack: Mini-jack output, connects to the control in jack on other Pioneer components to transfer remote control signals
- Speaker Outputs: binding post outputs for front left (A), front right (A), front left (B), front right (B), surround left, surround right, and center speakers (posts are not 5-way binding posts, because each post has a plastic collar that prevents use with spade lugs and the posts are too far apart to use dual banana plugs)
- AC Outlet: one switched AC outlet (100W/0.8A max)
The Pioneer VSX-D711 replaces these items