About the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT
The Bluetooth® advantage
The Bluetooth® advantage
In this day and age, you really can't afford to be driving with one hand as you talk on the phone, or squinting at your iPod to find the next song. Pioneer's AVH-X2500BT DVD receiver brings all the advantages of a touchscreen receiver to your vehicle, along with the convenience and safety of Bluetooth. You'll enjoy hands-free calling with your compatible phone, plus the ability to wirelessly stream and control music from compatible phones and other Bluetooth devices. Once you've driven with a Bluetooth receiver, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Sweet touchscreen controls and video playback
Pioneer kicks touchscreen control up a notch or two on this receiver, as Touch Slide technology adds a new dimension to fingertip control over many functions. Want a new EQ curve? Just draw it on the screen with your finger and you've got it. And you can browse video files through thumbnail images — just touch them to check out a sneak preview.
You can also change the receiver's appearance to match your dash by choosing from five display colors and 112 key panel illumination options. And when you're ready to get the party started, MIXTRAX will liven up your time on the road. This feature creates a DJ-like experience with content from your iPod®, iPhone®, or Android™, adding special effects between songs and variable-color lighting that pulses with the beat of your music.
The receiver's 6.1" LCD screen plays DVDs and other video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. You can keep your passengers entertained by sending video from the receiver to a rear-seat screen — that sure makes those long road trips go faster. You'll be able to view video content from your iPod or IPhone (video playback requires CD-IV202AV cable kit and other adapters with iPhone 5, plus a firmware update — coming soon — from Pioneer) with the addition of a Pioneer CD-IU201S cable. And you can play it safe when you throw it into reverse by plugging in a rear-view camera.
Advanced App Mode
Pioneer has added the smartphone integration technology developed for their acclaimed AppRadio receivers to their DVD receiver lineup. Advanced App Mode integrates your iPhone into your driving experience — it lets you launch and control compatible iPhone apps from the face of your receiver, putting a variety of music, navigation, social media, and other apps at your command. The simplified app menu on the Pioneer's big touchscreen is much easier to see when you're driving, so you can put your phone's apps to work safely. Pioneer's CD-IU201S cable is required (also requires CD-IV202AV cable kit and other adapters with iPhone 5). You can learn more and see the latest compatible apps here.
A firmware update is available from Pioneer that will provide enhanced iPhone 5 compatibility to enable AppRadio Mode. However, due to an unforeseen communication error with the Pandora Internet radio app, audio playback and display of metadata from Pandora are disrupted. If you use Pandora and don't intend to use AppRadio Mode (also known as Advanced App Mode) at this time, please do not install this update. Pioneer is working on an update to allow for both Pandora and AppRadio Mode, to be released at a future date.
AppRadioLIVE makes it easy
Pioneer's innovative AppRadioLIVE streamlines your app info and functions into one easy-to-use interface. You'll enjoy quick access to your music, media, calendar, and other sources you subscribe to, just by downloading the AppRadioLIVE app and syncing your services. AppRadioLIVE works with your apps to provide visual map guidance and access to points of interest, as well as the ability to search for concerts, shows, and other local events of interest. And you can show several sources of information simultaneously, quickly shifting from one to another with a touch of your finger.
Ready to roll with your mobile devices
When you connect your iPod to the rear USB input cable, you'll be able to use the receiver's controls to access your playlists. Handy tools like Alphabet Search and Link Search to make it easier to find the song you want fast. Android users aren't left out in the cold either. Many Android phones support the Pioneer Connect app, which lets the receiver access music files when your Android is plugged in via USB.
If you're a fan of streaming Internet radio, connect your iPhone to the receiver with Pioneer's CD-IU201S cable and take charge of your Pandora® account from the touchscreen, complete with thumbs-up and thumbs-down controls. And don't forget, you can also enjoy all your CDs, DVD and CD discs full of MP3 or WMA music, or USB storage devices loaded with files.
Because great sound matters
The receiver's powerful built-in amplifier does a great job, delivering crisp sound at impressive levels, while the 8-band equalizer offers plenty of ways to tweak the sound to your liking. Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever perks up the flat sound of compressed music by restoring high-frequency information. For those looking to build a system, three pairs of preamp outputs make it easier to connect external amps, and this receiver offers an auto-equalization feature to tune your system (microphone required, not included).
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
- DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.1" touchscreen with multi-angle adjustments
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience
- Pandora Internet radio control for iPhone and Android
- Advanced App Mode for smartphone integration
- five customizable display colors and 112 key panel illumination choices
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- 8-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- Auto-EQ equalizes for your car interior automatically (optional mic required)
- built-in audio iPod control Pioneer's optional adapter required for viewing video content, Pandora control, and Advanced App Mode
- playback and control of Android media files
- inputs: rear A/V and USB inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver with integrated 6.1" LCD touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 59" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- Microphone (w/ attached 13' cable termianted by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty sheet (USA/Canada)
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV|
6.1" TFT LCD Touchscreen Color Display: The AVH-X2500BT features a 6.1" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 widescreen touchscreen display. The resolution of the display is 800 x 480 (RGB), for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a connected component such as an iPod/iPhone, or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The fixed touchscreen display is not removable.
Multilingual Display: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT offers English, Chinese, French, Portuguese, and Spanish text.
Video Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for each source and the optional rear view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast), color (adjusts color saturation), hue (adjusts the tone of color), and temperature (adjust the color temperature).
Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video:
- Full: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only, enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions.
- Zoom: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen.
- Normal: A 4:3 picture is displayed as it is.
On Screen Display Color & Background Adjustment: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background can be set to one of four preset still images, a moving image, a stored JPEG image, or turned Off.
Front-Panel Control w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the left edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double -DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is also an optional double-DIN sleeve (130ADTV133, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to Euro-mount or custom mount the Pioneer head unit in your vehicle. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 3.0 (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVH-X2500BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT.
Hands-Free Communication: The AVH-X2500BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVH-X2500BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVH-X2500BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's on-screen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for the phone number by alphabet search mode.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Control: If your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone is equipped with the voice control feature, you can use voice commands to make calls.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
External Microphone: During your wireless phone call, you can talk into the head unit's included external microphone, and listen to the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth). The unit is not equipped with an integrated microphone. The external microphone must be installed for Bluetooth hands-free communication.
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Meta Data Display): The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The AVH-X2500BT will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Repeat/Random. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album Art. The AVH-X2500BT also supports audio streaming of music apps (metadata display and control will depend on music app). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
iPod/iPhone Connection: The Pioneer multimedia head unit supports both audio/video & app playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone. Select the appropriate cable for your model Apple device and media content.
- Audio Only: Using Pioneer's dock connector-to-USB cable (130CDIU51, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable which comes with your iPod/iPhone, you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music, podcasts, and Pandora Internet Radio on your iPod or iPhone through the Pioneer A/V head unit. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; you will need the Pioneer CD-IU51 iPod Cable (sold separately) and the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) to connect the Apple device to the Pioneer head unit. The head unit does not support direct connection of the Lightning-connector cable that comes with the iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5.
- Audio/Video: Using the Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod/iPhone connector cable (130IU201V, sold separately) you can enjoy audio playback, plus video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod/iPhone; as well as music or video based apps streamed to your iPhone. Not compatible with iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5.
- Audio/Video + AppRadio: The Pioneer CD-IU201S iPhone/App cable (130IU201S, sold separately) not only provides audio/video playback, but also allows you to launch the AppRadio Mode on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.2+), for playback of advance applications (such as navigation and internet radio) on the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT. You can also access audio/video files and AppRadio Mode from your iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+) using Pioneer's CD-IV202AV cable kit, an Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable, and Apple Lighting-to-VGA adapter (all sold separately); also requires your iPhone 5 be paired via Bluetooth and a Firmware update from Pioneer.
Note: Video from your iPod/iPhone device can only be displayed while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
iPod/iPhone Control: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT lets you control your iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen or from the iPod/iPhone's touchscreen, clickwheel, or downloadable app.
- Head Unit: The Pioneer CD-IU201V (audio/video), CD-IU201S (iPhone 4/4S), or CD-IV202AV (iPhone 5) cable lets you search your iPod/iPhone's audio/video content by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, TV Show, Rental, Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook from the head unit's touchscreen; the CD-IU51(audio only) cable only allows browsing of audio categories. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. Your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked in this mode.
- iPod/App: The Pioneer CD-IU201V (iPod/iPhone), CD-IU201S (iPhone 4/4s), or CD-IV202AV (iPhone 5) cable is required for App Control mode. App Control mode allows you to navigate stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. In addition, you can watch video on the Pioneer A/V receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+) or iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+). Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include; Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next. The App Mode's video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged.
iPod/iPhone Display: The multimedia head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information, as well as metadata from Pandora and AppRadio Apps; including Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to 'basic App mode'. Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
AppRadio Mode: Using the Pioneer CD-IU201S (130IU201S, sold separately) cable to connect the AVH-X2500BT to your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.2+) loaded with Pioneer's free AppRadio application from iTunes, you can enjoy full on-screen access and control of your calendar, maps, and more with an intuitive interface, formatted and designed specifically for safer in-vehicle operation. The same can be done with the iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+) using Pioneer's CD-IV202AV cable kit, an Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable, and Apple Lightning-to-VGA adapter (all sold separately). Pioneer has teamed up with app providers to offer compatibility with many of today's most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an expanding catalog of compatible apps for future use that can be easily & seamlessly added. The AppRadio app must be first launched from your iPhone, and the compatible app selected from the iPhone. You can then operate the app from the Pioneer head unit. Popular apps include (as of 1/31/2013):
|App Categories||Application Description|
|Aupeo! Personal Radio: AUPEO! Personal Radio offers free online music. With more than 120 Internet radio stations available, users can search for their favorite music by artists, songs, genres, or AUPEO!'s "Mood-Tuner". Users can also choose to "love" or "ban" songs directly from the AppRadio screen, enabling the app to adjust content to the user's personal taste.|
|CarMediaPlayer: CarMediaPlayer allows you to swipe, drag, and directly touch the desired artist, song, or album in your music library directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen with Alphabet Search and Album View function. When you're searching through your library, Alphabet Search allows you to select the first letter in the desired song, album, or artist name from the Pioneer receiver making it quick an easy to get to the music you want. The iPhone version of the app even allows you to play and access your iTunes Match collection directly from the Pioneer's touchscreen.|
|Livio Radio: The Livio Radio app ($4.99) lets you listen to more than 42,000 AM/FM and Internet-only radio streams from around the world. The Livio Radio app has been optimized for use in the vehicle with a range of features an controls right from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen.|
|Rdio: Rdio (from for $4.99 per month) gives you access to over 8 million songs. You are able to search and find any song, album or artist, and start listening immediately. You can search music by new releases and chart toppers. You can also check out what other listeners have been listening to the most, or look at your own recent listening history. In addition, you can even create your own music collection or make your own playlists. Rdio will even recommend music for you, based on your previous music listening. The AppRadio will display Artist,/Album/Song information, as well as Album art.|
|StreamS HiFi Radio: The StreamS HiFi Radio app ($4.99) provides access to more than 4,000 live Internet radio stations from across the globe delivered in AAC/HE-AACv1/HE-AACv2 at 32kbps for high fidelity listening.|
|gMusic: Google Music allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device. gMusic offers full playlist editing, Last.fm scrobbling, thumbs up playlist, metadata editing, and innovative navigation.|
|Mixtrax: Pioneer's proprietary MIXTRAX app from iTunes analyzes the music in your iTunes library to create custom playlists for non-stop song mixes with added DJ effects.|
|Navigation||Apple Maps: You can view Apple maps on the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen as you would on your iPhone. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|MotionX GPS Drive: The MotionX-GPS Drive App ($0.99) is available from iTunes for your iPhone 4/4S (not compatible w/ iPhone 5). There is a $2.99 per month subscription fee with an additional $19.99 per year for Voice Guidance feature. MotionX-GPS Drive is a complete GPS navigation solution, designed and optimized for the iPhone, that can be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio. MotionX-GPS Drive helps you find what you're looking for and provides turn-by-turn directions with optional Live Voice Navigation, using industry-leading maps (including US and Canada). All the functionality of an advanced dedicated turn-by-turn GPS unit is presented in this intuitive iPhone application. MotionX-GPS Drive Offers full support for the iPhone with multitasking, routing, and live voice guidance instructions continuing in the background; while you listen to streaming music from your car audio system or use other applications from the iPhone. The 2D/3D navigation map will be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio, but you will still control the MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation app from your iPhone.|
|NavFree GPS Live: NavFree GPS Live is a free navigation app that offers turn-by-turn directions, voice and on-screen instructions, offline map use, address search, live searches via Google and Microsoft Bing, and many other features. Navfree is a completely free navigation app with no additional monthly charges. It uses map data created by a community of thousands of users around the world. The map gets downloaded to the phone so data connection is not required for navigating.|
|My GPS USA: My GPS USA is the next generation GPS satellite navigation from the makers of NavFree. Full featured with voice guided, turn-by-turn satellite navigation with no hidden costs. It offers a HD live map display with 2D and 3D modes. You can navigate by pinching, swiping and touching. Full voice guidance is available in 12 languages. Multiple Routing Modes include - Fastest, Shortest, Easy, Pedestrian, and Economical Routes. You can even navigate from your Contacts.|
|INRIX Traffic: INRIX is a leading provider of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal navigation. The INRIX Traffic app ($24.95 per year) provides real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways, interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will be displayed on the Pioneer head unit, while control is still handled from the iPhone.|
|Extra Mile: Extra Mile ($1.99) is an all-in-one app for convenient voice navigation that gives audio feedback to improve your driving performance and conserve fuel.|
|EC Touch: The EasyCar app is designed specifically for AppRadio and provides large icons, simple commands, and swipe gestures that enable you to access your iPhone's music, contacts, mapping, and more.|
|Waze: Waze is a cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers. When you download Waze, you not only get a free GPS traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time and gas, and improve everyone's daily commute.|
|Driver Assist||DashCommand: Utilizing the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors of the iPhone, the DashCommand app ($49.99) displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle's OBD-II data port (optional OBD-II interface sold separately from Palmer Performance Engineering), advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the Pioneer head unit's screen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.|
|Best Parking: Best Parking is a parking search engine that steers drivers towards the cheapest and most convenient parking garages and lots in 55 cities and 80 airports.|
|Parkopedia: Parkopedia ($1.99) has grown to cover over 25 million parking spaces in 28 countries around the world thanks to contributions from other drivers. Use this app to find parking using your current location or by entering an address. Get directions straight to the space and see parking space availability in real-time (where available). Find opening hours, up to date prices, payment methods and more. You can quickly narrow down parking choices using filters such as free, credit cards accepted, covered, etc.|
|Utility||CarBrowser: CarBrowser ($1.99) allows you to search and navigate the internet directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.|
|Commute WX: CommuteWX ($0.99) provides real-time weather information (current/forecast/in-route). Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that's well suited for in-vehicle travel.|
|Contacts: Access your iPhone's contacts. This function is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|Calendar: Access your iPhone's calendar, so you can view important events and reminders. This functionality is bundles with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|Photos: You can view photos stored on your iPhone. Access albums and camera rolls, and even view a slideshows. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
Note: As the library of AppRadio compatible applications grows, users will be automatically notified via Pioneer's AppRadio iPhone application, with a link to the respective app(s) page within the App Store. Visit the Pioneer AppRadio Site for the latest compatible apps.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 1/31/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App Mode||Pandora App||AppRadio Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
- *Requires the Pioneer CD-IU51 iPod cable and the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (both sold separately).
- **Requires Pioneer's CD-IV202AV cable kit, an Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable, and Apple Lightning-to-VGA adapter (all sold separately); also requires a Firmware update from Pioneer.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Pandora Internet Radio: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT supports the Pandora Radio App for iPhone (via USB) and Android (via Bluetooth).
- Smartphone Connectivity: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT offers
connectivity to both the Apple iPhone and Android smartphone.
- Pandora via USB-connected iPhone: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the proprietary Pioneer iPod connector cable (sold separately) or the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS.3.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora Radio application from Apple itunes App Store.
- Pandora via Bluetooth-enabled Android Smartphone: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed from your Android smartphone, via Bluetooth (no hard-wired connection required). To access Pandora from the Pioneer head unit, your Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must also support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles.
- Music Control: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT provides the following
Pandora app control.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
- Information Display: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT will display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Note: Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account. Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
A firmware update is available from Pioneer that will provide enhanced iPhone 5 compatibility to enable AppRadio Mode. However, due to an unforeseen communication error with the Pandora internet radio app, audio playback and display of metadata from Pandora are disrupted. If you use Pandora and don't intend to use AppRadio Mode at this time, please do not install this update. Pioneer is working on an update to allow for both Pandora and AppRadio Mode, to be released at a future date.
Multimedia Compatibility: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT features a front-loading disc slot, as well as a rear-panel USB (type-A) port with 59" USB extension cable.
- Compatible Discs: The AVH-X2500BT supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, and CD-R/RW discs.
- USB Port: The unit features a rear-panel USB port and includes a 59" USB extension cable. You can connect a USB mass storage class device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or inserted USB device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/-RW/-R DL)||Flash Memory (SD/SDHC, USB)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, UDF||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3: 8-320kbps bit
rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates |
WMA: 48-320kbps bit rate; 32-48kHz sampling rates
AAC: 16-320kbps bit rate; 11.025-44.1kHz sampling rates
WAV: 8- or16-bit rate; 16-44.1k sampling rates
DivX: 720 x 576 max resolution; 8GB max file size |
MPEG-1/2/4: 720 x 1280 max resolution; 8GB max file size
|JPEG: max resolution of 4092 x 4092|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files|| |
99 folders/999 files (700 folders/3,500 files for DVD)
|1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0,/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags|
Note: Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT offers the following playback functions:
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Slow Motion Forward: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you can choose to play back video in slow motion (no audio).
- Repeat Play: Audio/Video content can be repeated. You can choose from Disc (entire disc), Folder (current folder) Chapter (current chapter), Title (current title), Track (current track), File (current file), Folder (current folder), or One (current video/song/track).
- Random (Shuffle) Play: Audio/Video can be played back in a random order. You can choose from Songs (videos/songs in selected list), Albums (videos/songs from selected album), Folder (songs/tracks in selected folder), or Disc (all songs/tracks on disc).
Search Functions: The AVH-X2500BT provides the following search functions:
- Track Title List: You can select tracks to playback using the track title list which is a list of the tracks recorded on a disc or USB memory device.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying a title and chapter track.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Skip Search: You can skip to the previous/next track, file, folder, title, or chapter on a disc or USB device.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: You can fast forward/reverse through a current track, file, or title on a disc or USB device.
Advanced Playback & Search Functions (for USB): Advance playback functions include; Music Browsing which lets you browse your USB memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre from the head unit in alphabetical order; and Link Play which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 9 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone/iPad.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-X2500BT.
Off Insert/Eject: A disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from DVDs, CDs, and flash media, the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVH-X2500BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 8-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 8-band graphic equalizer (40Hz, 80Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz, and10kHz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's rear-panel AUX 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Sonic Center Control: Sound that is suited for the listening position can easily be created with this function. You can adjust sound more toward the listening position left (7) to right (7).
Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
2V/6CH Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT features three pair of 2.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Crossovers: The AVH-X2500BT employs high pass and low pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speakers.
- HPF: The head unit's 12dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an18dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
Subwoofer Controls: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+6 to -24).
Switchable Rear Channel/Subwoofer Speaker Output: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console. The rear-panel 3.5mm minijack input also serves as the A/V input for your USB-connected iPod/iPhone (using the proprietary Pioneer cable).
Video Output: The AVH-X2500BT features a rear-panel composite video output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can play back the same video source (except iPhone 5) which is being played on the head unit. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Rear View Camera: The AVH-X2500BT is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera input jack) when an optional rear camera (130NDBC6, sold separately) is installed. When the transmission is in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the violet/white wire in the AVH-X2500BT's harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.9 seconds. Pioneer recommends using a camera with a mirror image (reversed) output. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Navigation Ready: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT allows you to connect the Pioneer AVIC-U250 add-on navigation unit (130AVIC250, sold separately) through its RGB Input. This versatile hideaway unit allows you to switch to navigation mode with the touch of a button. Get to your destination by inputting an address or search through the POI library while enjoying whatever source is currently playing.
Note: If you are already using the head unit's RGB input to access AppRadio Mode from your iPhone, then you cannot connect this add-on navigation module (or vise-versa).
Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT includes an IR remote control (CXE5116) for wireless operation of the multimedia head unit and your connected devices. There are no controls to answer/end or dial call from your Bluetooth-enabled phone.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The Pioneer AVH-X2500BT replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- five customizable display colors and 112 key panel illumination choices
- Pandora® Internet radio control with iPhone®
4 questions already asked