About the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS
Built-in Bluetooth® adds to your in-car experience
Built-in Bluetooth® adds to your in-car experience
Pioneer's AVH-X2800BS DVD receiver adds the convenience and safety of Bluetooth to your car. I'm an avid Bluetooth fan, so you can take it from me — you don't want to miss out on all it offers. You'll enjoy hands-free calling with your compatible phone, plus the ability to wirelessly stream and control music from compatible phones and other Bluetooth devices.
This Pioneer supports two paired phones at once, so other drivers in your family can enjoy these advantages. Plus, with your compatible iPhone®, you can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality, using your voice to to place calls, select music, hear notifications, add reminders — even compose and listen to text messages.
The AVH-X2800BS works with Pioneer's AppOne Radio app to integrate apps into the display.
Pioneer's Touch Slide technology and NEX interface add new dimensions to fingertip control. Want a new EQ curve? Just draw it on the screen with your finger and you've got it. And you can browse video files through thumbnail images — just touch them to check out a sneak preview. With Pioneer's AppRadio One app, you can plug your phone in and take charge of a variety of apps for navigation, music, and more.
You can also change the receiver's appearance to match your dash by choosing from five display colors and 112 key panel illumination options. And when you're ready to get the party rolling, MIXTRAX creates a DJ-like experience with content stored on your iPod®, iPhone®, USB device, or Android phone, adding special effects between songs and variable-color lighting that pulses with the beat of your music
Rock with your mobile device's music
When you connect your iPhone to the rear USB input cable, you'll be able to use the receiver's controls to access your playlists. Handy tools like Alphabet Search and Link Search make it easy to find the song you want fast. And with most Android phones, you'll be able to browse and play back the music that's stored on your device, no extra app required.
Spotify and Pandora® control
If you're a fan of streaming content, you'll love how you can control your Pandora and Spotify accounts from the receiver. Just connect your iPhone via USB or pair up your Android with Bluetooth and you're all set. You can also play CDs and DVDs, recordable discs full of MP3, AAC, or WMA music, or USB storage devices loaded with your music, including smooth-sounding FLAC files. And you can tap into the programming variety of satellite radio with an optional SiriusXM tuner.
Powerful sound and crisp video
The receiver's powerful built-in amplifier delivers the punch you're looking for, while the 13-band equalizer offers plenty of ways to tweak the sound to your liking. And Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever perks up the flat sound of compressed music by restoring high-frequency information. For those looking to build a system, three pairs of preamp outputs make it easier to connect external amps, and this receiver offers an auto-equalization feature to tune your system (microphone required, not included).
The receiver's 6.2" LCD screen plays DVDs and other video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. You can keep your passengers entertained by sending video from the receiver to a rear-seat screen — that sure helps to minimize back seat strife. You'll be able to view video content from your iPod or IPhone with the addition of optional cables. And you can play it safe when you throw it into reverse by plugging in a rear-view camera.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.2" touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Siri Eyes Free with compatible devices
- multi-color illumination with MIXTRAX audio and visual effects
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control — optional adapter required for viewing video content
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- AppRadio One compatible with select iPhone and Android devices
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 13-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- digital time alignment
- Auto-EQ equalizes for your car interior automatically (optional mic required)
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner — supports new Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- compatible with optional AVIC-U260 navigation module
- inputs: rear aux input (minijack), rear A/V input (RCA), rear USB input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 58" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angled 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty sheet (USA/Canada)
Pioneer AVH-X2800BS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
LCD Touchscreen: The AVH-X2800BS features a 6.2" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 widescreen touchscreen display. The resolution of the display is 800 x 480 (RGB), for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a connected component such as an iPod/iPhone, Android smartphone, Bluetooth phone, or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system.
Favorites: You can register the desired menu items on the AVH-X2800BS's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 12 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
- OSD + Backgrounds: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background display can be selected from 9 different preset displays for the AV Operation screen and 6 different preset displays for the Home Menu screen. In addition, you can change the background display to other images imported from an external USB device.
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video - Full (4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only; enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions), Zoom (4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen), Normal (4:3 picture is displayed as it is).
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video source and rear-view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast), color (adjusts color saturation), hue, (adjusts color tone), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
Note: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
Front-Panel Control w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the left edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose among twelve patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music.
Dimmer: The receiver's touchscreen display & button illumination can be dimmed manually, automatically or via a timer. You can set the unit's LCD touchscreen & button illumination to automatically dim when your vehicle's headlights are turned on (this function requires that the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is hardwired to the vehicle's headlight circuit). You can also set a specific time and duration for unit's LCD & button illumination to dim.
Remote Functions: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS DVD receiver includes a wireless remote control and offers steering wheel remote capability (adapter required).
- Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS includes an IR remote control (CXE5116) for wireless operation of the DVD receiver and your connected devices. The included remote does offer Bluetooth phone functions.
- Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Bluetooth Technology: The AVH-X2800BS is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 3.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing) /w Dual Phone Connection: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVH-X2800BS without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Once a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices (2 phones/1 audio player) can be paired to this head unit. You are even able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled smartphones connected at the same time, so you can switch between phones from the head unit's touchscreen, without having to connect or re-connect devices.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The AVH-X2800BS supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the AVH-X2800BS provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVH-X2800BS allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVH-X2800BS, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Direct Dialing: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Preset Dialing: You can store up to six phone numbers as presets for quicker dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book (up to 1,000 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing (Siri & Google Voice): When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen controls and external microphone. It also supports Google Voice for select Android smartphones (not compatible with Samsung "S Voice"). You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the touchscreen monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the AVH-X2800BS lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. (app must also support). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
Siri Eyes-Free Functionality: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone for "Siri Eyes-Free" functionality. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone Siri functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's audio is muted while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
Note: The head unit's touchsreen monitor will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Android MTP Playback: The receiver supports MTP for playback & control of stored music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Pioneer receiver's front-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
iPod Direct Connect: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS supports direct connection of your Lightning or 30-pin connector iPod/iPhone through its rear-panel USB port. The AVH-X2800BS offers audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple iPod/iPhone models. You will need a Lightning-to-USB or dock-to-USB cable to connect your Apple iPod/iPhone device.
- Control: From the head unit's touchscreen, you can search your iPod/iPhone's audio content by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: In addition, the head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art.
Note: During connection, older iPod/iPhone device's will be locked, but newer Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked so you can also control the iPod/iPhone from its touchscreen or clickwheel.
AppRadio One: The Pioneer DVD receiver features AppRadio One for Apple iPhones (iOS 7.0+) with Lightning connector and select Android (OS 4.2.2+) smartphones. AppRadio One gives you the ability to view and control compatible iPhone and Android smartphone apps from the receiver's touchscreen using a one-cable connection. You'll need to download Pioneer's AppRadio app (iOS ver./Android ver.) and the AppRadioLive app (iOS ver./Android ver.) onto your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone. Once you have downloaded the apps, your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone simply connects to the Pioneer DVD receiver's USB input using the cable that came with your mobile device; you can also use Pioneer's CD-IU52 Lightning cable for iPhone or Pioneer's CD-MU200 cable (sold separately) for Android. Now that the AppRadio and AppRadioLive apps are downloaded, and your compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone is connected the DVD receiver, you have access to maps, media, news information, and your events calendar through the receiver's intuitive touchscreen interface.
- Maps: AppRadio One, along with AppRadioLive use the native maps from your smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. Once you select your destination, you'll be guided along your route via an on-screen map and audible voice prompts. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews.
- Media: AppRadio One and AppRadioLive let you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone through the Pioneer DVD receiver. And, you can access over 25 millions songs from your Rdio account. Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- Events: In addition, AppRadio One and AppRadioLive keep you up-to-date on the latest news stories, RSS feeds and weather information with Feedly and Open Weather Map. With text-to-speech technology, the Pioneer receiver will even read you the latest news stories from the internet.
- Calendar: The AppRadio One and AppRadio Live applications also keep your life organized and makes it easier to stay in touch and have fun. With multiple viewing options within its sleek, simple user interface, you can access your smartphone and Facebook calendars in one place, RSVP to Facebook events and use EventSeeker to find nearby concerts and events based on your personal interests and location.
Notes: Click here for the latest iPhone & Android compatibility, plus more information about AppRadio One from Pioneer. Below is a list of the most popular compatible devices:
- iPhone Compatibility: 5/5C/5S (iOS 7.0+), 6/6+ (iOS 7.0+), 6S/6S+ (iOS 9.0+).
- Android Compatibility: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (OS 4.3), Samsung Galaxy S4/Core 2 Duos (OS 4.4.2), Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (OS 4.2.2), Samsung Galaxy S5 (OS 4.4.3), LG Nexus 5 (OS 4.4.4), Sony Xperia Z2/ZL2 (OS 4.4.2), Sony Xperia Z (OS 4.2.2), HTC One M8 (OS 4.4.4), Motorola Moto G (OS 4.4.4).
Smartphone Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone or Android device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your mobile device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 2/16/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||AppRadio One||Pandora||Spotify||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Spotify App: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS has the ability to playback & control content from the Spotify music app on your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 7.0+) device or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. You can play, pause and skip tracks, browse playlists, albums and radio stations through the Pioneer receiver's touchscreen controls. You also get song/artist information and album on art on the unit's LCD touchscreen. Access to the Spotify service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android device to connect to the Internet. If you are a Spotify Premium user (requires a monthly paid subscription), you can enjoy add-free, high quality music even when there is no internet connection.
Pandora App: Pandora App: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the AVH-X2800BS via the Pioneer Lightning-to-USB cable (130CDIU52, sold separately) or the connector-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information; as well as Album art.
- Station List + Presets: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically. You can also store six Pandora Radio preset stations for even easier recall.
- New Stations: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing.
- Shuffle: You can also listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
SiriusXM Ready: The Pioneer navigation receiver is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, both sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 175 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include:
- Channel/Category Lists + Category Scan: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels, while the Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time.
- Song/Artist Information + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD touchscreen. You also get station logo identification and album art on screen.
- SmartFavorite Presets + Instant Replay: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets with special tuning features. The SiriusXM Instant Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to.
- TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix: TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your preset music channels stored on the current band of presets. TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of presets. TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from music channels stored in the current SiriusXM preset band.
- Traffic, Weather, & Sports: You can tune in and listen quickly to information pertaining to weather and traffic from a particular city you have specified. You can also be alerted when your favorite sports teams are playing so you can tune to the appropriate station quickly.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone (connected to your head unit via USB). The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Compatible Discs: The AVH-X2800BS supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs with a variety of music and video files. The unit has a front-loading disc slot, so there is not faceplate to fold or slide down.
- Off Insert: You can insert a disc with the unit's power off. The receiver will remain off until you press one of the unit's push-buttons.
- Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
USB Port: The unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) or USB Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) compliant device; such as your Android smartphone or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device and music only on your USB MTP device through the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (1A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or inserted USB device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/-RW/-R DL)||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, UDF||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3: 8-320kbps bit
rate; 16-48kHz sampling rates
8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates |
WMA: 5-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
AAC: 8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
WAV: 8/16-bit rate; 16-48kHz sampling rates (not supported by MTP)
|FLAC: 8/16/24-bit rate; 18-48kHz sampling rates (not supported by MTP)
|Video||MPEG-1/2/4: 720 x 1280 max resolution; 4GB max file size DivX: 720-576 max resolution; 4GB max file size||DivX:
720-576 max resolution; 4GB max file size |
AVI: 640 x 360 max resolution; 2GB max file size
MP4/3gp (H.264): 640 x 360 max resolution; 2GB max file size
MKV/MOV: 640 x 360 max resolution; 2GB max file size
Note: Video not supported by MTP
|Photo||N/A||JPEG: max resolution of 8192 x 7680 (not supported by MTP)|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files|| |
700 folders/999 files for CD (700 folders/3,500 files for DVD)
|1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0,/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags|
Note: Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Advanced Playback & Search Functions (for USB): Advance playback functions include; Music Browsing which lets you browse your USB memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre from the head unit in alphabetical order; and Link Play which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
Direct DVD Search: During DVD playback, you can go directly to a specific Title or Chapter by entering the number using the unit's touchscreen numeric keypad.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-X2800BS.
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from DVDs, CDs, and flash media, the Pioneer AVH-X2800BS is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the AVH-X2800BS are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
Crossovers: The AVH-X2800BS employs high-pass and low-pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speaker setup.
- Standard: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover
network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup using either
speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: The head unit's -6 to -24dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an -6 to -24dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
- Network: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover
network for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and Sub using
low-level outputs only.
- Highs: The high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Mids: You can set a high-pass and low-pass crossover from your midrange/midbass drivers. The high-pass crossover can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off. The low-pass crossover can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Lows: The low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's rear-panel AUX 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
- Auto Level: This function automatically corrects the audio level difference between the music files and/or the sources.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 6 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App Control mode or with the Pandora & Spotify App for iPod/iPhone/iPad. It is also not supported by USB MTP devices or AppRadio One for iPhone & Android.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. You can turn this feature on or off.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console.
Video Output: The AVH-X2800BS features a rear-panel composite video output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can play back the same video source which is being played on the head unit. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Rear-View Camera: The AVH-X2800BS is equipped with a composite video rear-view camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC8, sold separately). The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image. When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.25 seconds.
Navigation Ready: The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS allows you to connect the Pioneer AVIC-U280 add-on navigation unit (130AVIC280, sold separately) through its RGB Input. This versatile hideaway unit allows you to switch to navigation mode with the touch of a button. Get to your destination by inputting an address or search through the POI library while enjoying whatever source is currently playing.
The Pioneer AVH-X2800BS replaces these items
- 6.2" touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports new Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
39 questions already asked