About the Pioneer MVH-X560BT
Welcome to the digital age
If you're done with discs and ready for an all-digital entertainment experience, Pioneer's MVH-X560BT digital media receiver (there's no CD player) lets you enjoy music from your iPhone® or iPod®, select Android™ phones, or a USB thumb drive when you're on the road. You'll also get Bluetooth® hands-free calling, Pandora® control with iPhone or Android, and App Control. The big, multi-line display makes it easy to see the artist and song info, along with your system settings. You can select separate colors for the display and the control keys, for over 200,000 possible combinations.
Who needs CDs, anyway?
You can plug your iPod and iPhone into this receiver's USB port and make music selections through the receiver. As a bonus, the receiver will also charge your device while you're playing your tunes. If you own an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, you can take advantage of Siri® Eyes Free functionality with a touch of a button, accessing a variety of functions with your voice commands.
Android users can control their music via Bluetooth or plug into the front panel USB port and play music while getting a charge. You can also plug in a thumb drive and enjoy MP3, WMA, and WAV files, or use the aux input to connect an MP3 player or portable satellite radio tuner.
Pioneer's MVH-X560BT receiver features a multi-line display with over 200,000 color options.
The MVH-X560BT features built-in Bluetooth, so you can enjoy hands-free calling and wireless music streaming while you drive. You'll speak into the included external microphone and hear the other end of the conversation through your vehicle's speakers. With “Guest Mode,” you can add or replace a mobile device with ease -- a great feature for a family car with multiple drivers, or one driver with multiple devices.
Compact size, big-time performance
With no CD player to worry about, Pioneer's designers were able to fit lots of features into a chassis that's 40% shallower than their CD receivers. The powerful MOSFET amplifier gives you outstanding sound, while Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) technology brings back the musical detail lost when you compress music. A 5-band graphic equalizer lets you adjust the sound to suit your tastes, and you'll appreciate the three sets of preamp outputs when you add amps to your system.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- variable color display with over 200,000 choices
- plays MP3, WMA, and WAV music files
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- shallow chassis fits in a variety of applications
- detachable face with multi-line display
- external microphone included
- remote control
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) restores sound to compressed files
- 5-band graphic equalizer
- inputs: rear USB port, rear auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, sub)
- low-pass/high-pass filter
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (w/ 10A mini-fuse inserted into chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- 58" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- 58" Stereo minijack cable
- Wireless remote control (QXE1044)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- External microphone w/ sunvisor clips (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Extraction keys
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Face fixing screw
- Mounting bracket
- Machine screw
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Limited Warranty Information (US/CA)
Pioneer MVH-X560BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer MVH-X560BT
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bluetooth Technology: The MVH-X560BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 3.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer MVH-X560BT.
SPP + USB Pairing w/ Guest Mode: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the MVH-X560BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP). When your paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit, but nly one device can be used at a time. You can also pair your Apple iPhone by simply connecting it to the Pioneer head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. In addition, the MVH-X560BT features "Guest Mode", which allows you to add and replace a mobile device instantly to the receiver. Guest Mode is a great feature for a family vehicle with multiple drivers or a driver with multiple devices because it allows users to pair and delete devices easily without a lengthy registration or deletion process.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The MVH-X560BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The MVH-X560BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the MVH-X560BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing (Siri only): When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth). The unit is not equipped with an integrated microphone.
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Song/Artist Info): The Pioneer MVH-X560BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. The MVH-X560BT will be able to control basic playback features; Play, Pause, & Skip Tracks (app must also support). The head unit will also display your music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
Rear-Panel USB Input (Android Compliant): The unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) or USB Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) compliant device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, and WAV music files stored on your portable USB MSC/MTP device through the Pioneer MVH-X560BT. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (1A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- File/Track Name List: The Name List feature displays a list of MP3/WMA albums and tracks on a connected USB device, so you can easily access your music. Music files are listed first by Artist name, then by Album name, and finally by Song title.
- Song/Artist Information: During MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA Tag information; including artist, song, and album name.
- Playback Controls: The Pioneer digital media receiver provides basic operations like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random for USB device playback. When a compatible Android smartphone is connected, the head unit will control music playback functions; you will not be able to control your music from the smartphone.
Note: The unit's rear-panel USB port supports Android OS 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean) as a Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) device. It also supports Android OS 2.2+ (Froyo/Gingerbread) as a Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; as of 11/25/2013. The receiver does not support Android OS 3.1+ (Honeycomb) or other Android operating systems not listed.
MP3/WMA/WAV Playback: The Pioneer MVH-X560BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA/WAV files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 8- or 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 16-48kHz or 22.05-44.1kHz (not compatible w/ MTP)
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
Media App Control (for Android): The Media App Control mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps on your Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (2.3+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Media App Control lets you take control of compatible music apps on your paired Android device through the Pioneer MVH-X560BT. Media App Control allows you to play, pause, and change tracks from a compatible music app directly from the controls on the Pioneer head unit. The app's name (i.e. "iHeartAuto"), station identification, and song/artist information will be displayed on the head unit's LCD screen (when applicable, depending on app). Compatible music apps include (as of 11/25/2013):
|App Name||App Description||App Name||App Description|
|iHeartAuto||iHeartRadio for Auto (iHeartAuto). is a version of the free iHeartRadio digital radio app specifically designed for use in your car, truck or SUV.||Spotify||Spotify gives you instant access to millions of songs. With the Spotify app, you can choose to listen for free, or subscribe to Spotify Premium.|
|Aupeo!||AUPEO! Personal Radio offers free online music with a focus on the discovery of new songs and artists. Search by artist, song, genre, or mood.||TuneIn||TuneIn lets you listen to the world's radio with sports, news, talk, and music streaming from every continent. Enjoy 100,000 live radio stations and 2 million podcasts, concerts or shows on your iPhone, iPad and iPod, all for free.|
|Aha||Aha organizes your favorite Internet content into personalized, live, and on-demand radio stations, making it safe and easy to instantly access your favorite stuff on the go, all from a single dashboard. With choices that span Internet radio, podcasts, music, traffic, audiobooks, Facebook, Twitter, and more (all as presets).||Slacker||Slacker Radio is handcrafted radio from passionate music experts. Listen for free and discover the perfect music for any moment with hundreds of stations and recommendations.|
|Rdio||Rdio (from $4.99 per month) is a subscription based music service that enables you to create a library and listen to unlimited music on- or offline. Compatible with version 2.1.8 or older (version 2.2 or newer is not supported)||Livio||The Livio app ($4.99) lets you listen to more than 42,000 AM/FM and Internet-only radio streams from around the world.|
|SiriusXM||With the SiriusXM Internet Radio App, you can listen to SiriusXM's sports, talk, comedy, entertainment and commercial-free music programming. SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription is required.||gMusic||Keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud without having to use any space on your Android device.|
Note: Access to online music services and apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your Android device to connect to the Internet.
MusicSphere: Pioneer's new proprietary MusicSphere technology allows you to enjoy your music in a new way by creating unique mood-based playlists via iTunes for your iPod, iPod Touch, or iPhone device. When installed on your Windows PC, the MusicSphere iTunes plug-in software will analyze the entire music library and create specialized playlists based on various musical attributes such as feeling (bright, energetic, gloomy, relaxing calm), rhythm pattern, beats per minute (BPM), year of the song and/or date added to the device. Additionally, through the MusicSphere, you can select preferred parameters of your music to create a "DJ Playlist".
iPod Direct Connection: The Pioneer MVH-X560BT's rear-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The MVH-X560BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Pioneer's dock connector-to-USB cable (130CDIU51, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the MVH-X560BT.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Pioneer's Lightning-to-USB cable (130CDIU52, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the MVH-X560BT.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
iPod Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 91dB. The Pioneer head unit supports audio playback of stored music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through the head unit's front-panel controls, from its clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit, you can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook (your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked). Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. In addition, the head unit offers Link Play, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, and Song/Artist/Album name.
- iPod: In iPod mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen, while still being able to view song/artist information on the head unit's LCD.
- App Control: The App Control mode mode lets
you listen to your favorite music apps on your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 5.0+) through
the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. App Control lets you take
control of compatible music apps on your connected Apple device through the
Pioneer MVH-X560BT. App Control allows you to play,
pause, and change tracks from a compatible music app directly from the
controls on the Pioneer head unit. The app's name (i.e. "iHeartAuto"),
station identification, and song/artist information will be displayed on the
head unit's LCD screen (when applicable, depending on app). Compatible music
apps include (as of 11/25/2013):
App Name App Description App Name App Description iHeartAuto iHeartRadio for Auto (iHeartAuto). is a version of the free iHeartRadio digital radio app specifically designed for use in your car, truck or SUV. Aha Aha organizes your favorite Internet content into personalized, live, and on-demand radio stations, making it safe and easy to instantly access your favorite stuff on the go, all from a single dashboard. With choices that span Internet radio, podcasts, music, traffic, audiobooks, Facebook, Twitter, and more (all as presets) Aupeo! AUPEO! Personal Radio offers free online music with a focus on the discovery of new songs and artists. Search by artist, song, genre, or mood. Livio The Livio app ($4.99) lets you listen to more than 42,000 AM/FM and Internet-only radio streams from around the world. Rdio Rdio (from $4.99 per month) is a subscription based music service that enables you to create a library and listen to unlimited music on- or offline. Compatible with version 2.1.8 or older (version 2.2 or newer is not supported) Spotify Spotify gives you instant access to millions of songs. With the Spotify app, you can choose to listen for free, or subscribe to Spotify Premium. StreamS HiFi Radio StreamS ($3.99) is a full-featured iPhone streaming audio player delivering thousands of tested, reliable, high quality hi-fi HE-AAC streams. TuneIn TuneIn lets you listen to the world's radio with sports, news, talk, and music streaming from every continent. Enjoy 100,000 live radio stations and 2 million podcasts, concerts or shows on your iPhone, iPad and iPod, all for free. gMusic Keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud without having to use any space on your iOS device. Slacker Slacker Radio is handcrafted radio from passionate music experts. Listen for free and discover the perfect music for any moment with hundreds of stations and recommendations. iTunes Radio iTunes Radio is a free streaming online music service. You'll have access to more than 250 DJ-curated and genre-focused stations. SiriusXM With the SiriusXM Internet Radio App, you can listen to SiriusXM's sports, talk, comedy, entertainment and commercial-free music programming. SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription is required.
Note: Access to online music services and apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Siri Eyes-Free Functionality: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth, the Pioneer MVH-X560BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. iPhone 4S and iPhone 5/5C/5S users can take advantage of Siri Eyes-Free functionality with a long-press of the 3-way rotary dial on the Pioneer receiver's front-panel. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer MVH-X560BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can only access stored music using Siri when the head unit is set to "iPod/USB", "App", or "BT Audio" source. All other Siri functions can be accessed from any source. The head unit's audio is muted while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer MVH-X560BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 11/25/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Cntrl||Pandora App||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Rear-Panel Aux Input: The MVH-X560BT is equipped with a rear-panel 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting external components, such as a portable MP3 player.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Pandora Internet Radio (for iPhone & Android): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer MVH-X560BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the MVH-X560BT via the appropriate Pioneer iPod connector cable (130CDIU51/130CDIU52, sold separately) or the connector-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer MVH-X560BT. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The MVH-X560BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List w/ Shuffle: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- New Stations: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Pioneer in-dash head unit utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The MVH-X560BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power specifications for the MVH-X560BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
2V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer MVH-X560BT features three pair of 2.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer MVH-X560BT lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+6 to -24).
Crossovers: The MVH-X560BT employs high pass and low pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speakers.
- HPF: The head unit's 12dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an18dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
Equalizer: The Pioneer MVH-X560BT features a Preset & Custom EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Powerful, Dynamic, Vocal, Natural, Custom 1, Custom 2, and Flat) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The two Custom modes allow you to manually adjust the head unit's 5-band EQ (80Hz, 250Hz, 800Hz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz) from +/-6dB. Custom 1 can be set separately for each source (except for USB/iPod/Pandora); while Custom 2 and the other 5 presets are shared settings used for all sources.
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. Hear the detail, warmth, and clarity, the way the artist intended it, from all of your highly compressed MP3 and WMA files stored on your USB device, iPod/iPhone, and portable media players. By restoring data (especially higher frequencies) that tends to get lost in the digital compression process, Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever technology enhances audio reproduction nearly all the way up to 20 kHz frequencies
Audio Level Settings: The Pioneer MVH-X560BT digital media receiver offers a variety of audio settings to tailor the bass, treble, and volume level to your preference.
- Bass Boost The MVH-X560BT features a bass boost function which can be used to enhance low-frequency bass sound. The bass boost function can be set between 0-6.
- Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness feature to Low, Mid, High, or Off.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4dB to +4dB.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 9 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone/iPad. It is also not supported by USB MTP devices.
Detachable Face Security: The Pioneer MVH-X560BT in-dash digital media receiver features detachable face security. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Multi-Line LCD w/ Ever Scroll: The Pioneer MVH-X560BT features a multi-line LCD with LED backlighting. You can easily view file/folder lists from your MP3/WMA music files, radio presets, or data from your connected iPod/iPhone (up to 13 characters). When the Ever Scroll feature is set to On, recorded text information scrolls continuously on the display. It will auto-scroll up to 64 characters. Set this feature to Off if you prefer the information to scroll only once.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets the user match their receiver illumination to their vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 5 preset colors (White/Red/Amber/Green/Blue), customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red/Blue/Green brightness levels), or scan through a variety of colors. In addition, the brightness and contrast of the display can be adjusted. You can also select "ILLUMI FX" to enable an illumination effect (on the display and keys) that will slowly fade in and out in a set pattern when a command or operation is made from the head unit.
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose among twelve patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music. You can also choose which area's of the head unit's face illuminates; select Display, Display/Buttons, or Off.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remains on (you can press the "DISP" button to turn off). When the Clock Display has been turned off, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns the unit off completely. Even if you have turned the radio completely off you can view the clock display by pressing the "DISP" button. The clock will then remain On until you turn it back Off. When the unit is On, you can select between the clock display or the audio track/tuner display.
Wireless Remote Control: The MVH-X560BT comes with an IR wireless remote control. The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause source, change the display, and adjust the audio. You can also mute the volume (function that cannot be performed from the front panel). In addition, you can answer/end calls from a Bluetooth connected smartphone.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
46 questions already asked