About the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS
Better than ever
Better than ever
The AVH-X570BHS DVD receiver reflects Pioneer's drive to keep raising the bar. The list of new or improved features includes a redesigned interface, more powerful audio enhancements, better Bluetooth® speech sound, and dual remote camera inputs. Dig in deeper and take a look at the impressive feature set offered by this versatile receiver.
- Bluetooth®: Enjoy hands-free calling with your compatible phone, plus the ability to wirelessly stream and control music from your phone or other Bluetooth devices. Thanks to Bluetooth Wideband Speech, your conversations will be clearer and more distinct, too.
- HD Radio™ tuner: You'll notice the impressive sonic advantages right away — FM broadcasts that are near-CD quality, with AM that's as good as what you're used to on FM. You can tune into multiple channels on the same frequency, for more entertainment choices. Plus, the iTunes® tagging feature lets you save song info, so you can purchase the tracks you like later.
- Siri Eyes Free: With your iPhone, you can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality with a touch of the receiver's touchscreen, using your voice to to place calls, select music, hear notification, add reminders — even compose and listen to text messages. Check our Details section for info on specific iPhone model compatibility.
- MirrorLink™ ready: MirrorLink system provides in-dash control over a growing number of Android™ smartphones. You'll enjoy touchscreen control from your Pioneer over music, phone contacts, and select apps — connect your compatible phone via USB and enjoy a seamless experience. Pioneer's CD-MU200 MirrorLink adapter is required (not included).
- Optional satellite radio: Add a SiriusXM tuner and subscription for nationwide access to programming you can't get anywhere else — coast-to-coast reception is a huge plus if you travel constantly. And you'll never have to worry about data charges or coverage.
Big LCD touchscreen display
You can customize the AVH-X5700BHS's motorized 7" LCD screen with variable color choices and backgrounds. You'll also find some cool touchscreen features — iike Pioneer's Touch Slide technology for real fingertip control over many functions. And you can adjust the angle of the screen with a touch of a button, ensuring you'll have the perfect viewing angle in your car.
The AVH-X5700BHS plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. With two camera inputs, you can connect a rear-view camera and another camera for side views — great if you're driving a large vehicle or towing a load. For entertainment, you can send a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen — they'll thank you during those long trips (check the "Details" tab for full information on cables required for video playback from an iPhone).
The AVH-X5700BHS features a new touchscreen interface.
You can connect your iPod or iPhone to the receiver's rear USB input and use the receiver's controls to access your playlists, with tools like Alphabet Search and Link Search to help you zero in on the song you want. Android users aren't left out in the cold. And with most Android phones, you'll be able to browse and play back the music that's stored on your device, no extra app required.
If you're a fan of streaming Internet radio, connect your iPhone to the receiver with an optional cable and take charge of your Pandora® account from the touchscreen, complete with thumbs-up and thumbs-down controls. Or enjoy many of the same features with your Android phone connected via Bluetooth. And don't forget, you can also enjoy all your CDs, DVDs, discs full of MP3 or WMA music, or USB storage devices loaded with files.
Tune the sound
This Pioneer sports a 13-band equalizer for making your music sound perfect in your car, and you'll find an auto-equalization feature to tune your system (microphone required). Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever perks up the flat sound of compressed music by restoring high-frequency information, while digital time alignment lets you create a perfect stereo "sweet spot." If you're looking to build a killer system, three pairs of 4-volt preamp outputs make it easier to connect external amplifiers.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" motorized touchscreen with multi-angle adjustments
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- multi-color illumination with MIXTRAX audio and visual effects
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility) — optional adapter required for viewing video content and Advanced App Mode (see Details tab for info)
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- MirrorLink compatible with optional cable
- Siri Eyes Free compatible with iPhone
- Pandora Internet radio control
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- 13-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- digital time alignment
- Auto-EQ equalizes for your car interior automatically (optional mic required)
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports new Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- inputs: rear minijack A/V input; rear composite A/V input (can be used for 2nd camera), rear USB input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with optional AVIC-U260 navigation module
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 7" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 58" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- Microphone w/ visor-bracket (attached 13' cable termianted by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty sheet (USA/Canada)
- "LCD" note
Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear), RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Disc & USB (Android Compliant) Playback
AppRadio One & MirrorLink Control
Motorized 6.95" LCD Touchscreen: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS features a 6.95" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 widescreen touchscreen display. The resolution of the display is 800 x 480 (RGB), for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a paired Bluetooth device, or a connected component such as your iPod/iPhone, Android smartphone, or USB thumbdrive. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The unit's touchscreen display is motorized. The 6.95" touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs. The angle of the motorized touchscreen display can also be adjusted to five different positions to meet your viewing needs in the car.
Favorites: You can register the desired menu items on the AVH-X5700BHS's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 12 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
- OSD + Backgrounds: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background display can be selected from 9 different preset displays for the AV Operation screen and 5 different preset displays for the Home Menu screen. In addition, you can change the background display to other images imported from an external USB device.
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video - Full (4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only; enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions), Zoom (4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen), Normal (4:3 picture is displayed as it is).
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video source and rear-view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
Note: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS offers English, French, Chinese, Portuguese, and Spanish text.
Front-Panel Control w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose among twelve patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music.
Dimmer: To prevent the touchscreen display and button illumination from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is also an optional double-DIN sleeve (130ADTV133, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to Euro-mount or custom mount the Pioneer head unit in your vehicle. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The AVH-X5700BHS is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 3.0 (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVH-X5700BHS without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit; only one device can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The AVH-X5700BHS supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the AVH-X5700BHS provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls.The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVH-X5700BHS allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVH-X5700BHS, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's touchscreen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book (up to 1,000 contacts) in your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Control: If your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone is equipped with the voice control feature, you can use voice commands to make calls.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the touchscreen monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the AVH-X5700BHS lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only). The head unit will also display your music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. (app must also support). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
Siri Eyes-Free Functionality: When paired and connected with an iPhone (iOS 6.1+) with Sir via Bluetooth, the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS has the ability to access Siri through its touchscreen and external microphone for "Siri Eyes-Free" functionality. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone Siri functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's touschreen monitor will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device). The head unit's audio is muted while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
Note: You can only access stored music using Siri when the head unit's source is iPod or Bluetooth Audio; all other Siri functions can be accessed from any source.
Compatible Discs: The 6.95" touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs. The AVH-X5700BHS supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs with music, video, and photo files.
USB Port (Android Compliant): The unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and 58" USB extension cable allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) or USB Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) compliant device; such as your Android smartphone or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device and music only on your USB MTP device through the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (1A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- MSC Playback: The PioneeAVH-X5700BHS's USB port enables playback & control of music, video, and photo files stored on your portable USB MSC device, like your older Android smartphone (w/ OS 2.2+ [Froyo/Gingerbread]) or USB thumbdrive device (up to 32GB) through the head unit.
- MTP Playback: The AVH-X5700BHS's USB port also enables playback & control of stored music files on your portable USB MTP device, like your newer Android smartphone (w/ OS 4.0+ [Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean/KitKat]) through the Pioneer head unit.
Note: You cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or inserted USB device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/-RW/-R DL)||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, UDF||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3: 8-320kbps bit
rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
|MP3: 8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates |
WMA: 5-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
AAC: 8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
WAV: 8- or16-bit rate; 16-44.1k sampling rates (not supported by MTP)
720-576 max resolution; 4GB max file size (not
supported by MTP) |
AVI: 640 x 360 max resolution; 2GB max file size (not supported by MTP)
MP4/3gp: 640 x 360 max resolution; 2GB max file size (not supported by MTP)
MKV/MOV: 640 x 360 max resolution; 2GB max file size (not supported by MTP)
|Photo||JPEG: max resolution of 8192 x 7680 (not supported by MTP)|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files|| |
700 folders/999 files (700 folders/3,500 files for DVD)
|1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0,/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags|
Note: Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Advanced Playback & Search Functions (for USB): Advance playback functions include; Music Browsing which lets you browse your USB memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre from the head unit in alphabetical order; and Link Play which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-X5700BHS.
Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
AppRadio One (via Firmware Update): The Pioneer DVD receiver features AppRadio One (via Firmware update) for Apple iPhones (iOS 7.0+) with Lightning connector and select Android (OS 4.2.2+) smartphones. AppRadio One gives you the ability to view and control compatible iPhone and Android smartphone apps from the receiver's touchscreen using a one-cable connection. You'll need to download Pioneer's AppRadio app (iOS ver./Android ver.) and the AppRadioLive app (iOS ver./Android ver.) onto your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone. Once you have downloaded the apps, your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone simply connects to the Pioneer DVD receiver's USB input using the cable that came with your mobile device; you can also use Pioneer's CD-IU52 Lightning cable for iPhone or Pioneer's CD-MU200 cable (sold separately) for Android. Now that the AppRadio and AppRadioLive apps are downloaded, and your compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone is connected the DVD receiver, you have access to maps, media, news information, and your events calendar through the receiver's intuitive touchscreen interface.
- Maps: AppRadio One, along with AppRadioLive use the native maps from your smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. Once you select your destination, you'll be guided along your route via an on-screen map and audible voice prompts. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews.
- Media: AppRadio One and AppRadioLive let you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone through the Pioneer DVD receiver. And, you can access over 25 millions songs from your Rdio account. Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- Events: In addition, AppRadio One and AppRadioLive keep you up-to-date on the latest news stories, RSS feeds and weather information with Feedly and Open Weather Map. With text-to-speech technology, the Pioneer receiver will even read you the latest news stories from the internet
- Calendar: The AppRadio One and AppRadio Live applications also keep your life organized and makes it easier to stay in touch and have fun. With multiple viewing options within its sleek, simple user interface, you can access your smartphone and Facebook calendars in one place, RSVP to Facebook events and use EventSeeker to find nearby concerts and events based on your personal interests and location
Notes: Click here for the latest iPhone & Android compatibility, plus more information about AppRadio One from Pioneer. Below is a list of the most popular compatible devices:
- iPhone Compatibility: 5/5C/5S (iOS 7.0 to 8.1.2), 6/6+ ((iOS 7.0 to 8.1.2)
- Android Compatibility: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (OS 4.3), Samsung Galaxy S4/Core 2 Duos (OS 4.4.2), Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (OS 4.2.2), Samsung Galaxy S5 (OS 4.4.3), LG Nexus 5 (OS 4.4.4), Sony Xperia Z2/ZL2 (OS 4.4.2), Sony Xperia Z (OS 4.2.2), HTC One M8 (OS 4.4.4), Motorola Moto G (OS 4.4.4).
MirrorLink 1.1: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS supports MirrorLink, an in-vehicle connectivity solution created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC). MirrorLink is integrated into the AVH-X5700BHS and offers a vehicle-specific interface and connectivity with MirrorLink certified devices from smartphone manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, and HTC (click here for a full list of compatible MirrorLink mobile phones). MirrorLink gives you a custom interface so you can access your music, map services, and your phone to make hands-free calls on-the-go. The Pioneer CD-MU200 MirrorLink Cable (130CDMU200, sold separately) is required to connect your MirrorLink-compatible smartphone (like the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Note 4/Edge, Sony Xperia Z, or HTC One M8). This cable plugs into the AVH-X5700BHS's USB port. MirrorLink lets you quickly access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as hands-free telephone communication directly from the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS's touchscreen. Click here for compatible apps.
iPod Connectivity w/ DAC Bypass: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm jack. The AVH-X5700BHS offers audio/video playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple iPod/iPhone models. The AVH-X5700BHS allows your iPod/iPhone's music library to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 91dB.
- Lightning Dock Connector: If you have a newer iPhone with the Lightning-connector, simply use Pioneer's Lightning-to-USB cable (130CDIU52, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the AVH-X5700BHS for music playback only.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod or iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, use the Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod Video cable (130IU201V, sold separately) for playback of music and movies files stored on your device, as well as music apps. Simply use Pioneer's dock connector-to-USB cable (130CDIU51, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device if you desire stored music and music app playback only.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Control + Song/Artist Info: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS lets you control your iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen, your iPod/iPhone's touchscreen/clickwheel, or a downloaded app. The head unit also supports song/artist information and album art.
- Head Unit: Head Unit mode is supported by 30-pin and Lightning connector iPod/iPhones when used with one of the appropriate cables mentioned above. From the head unit's touchscreen, you can search your iPod/iPhone's audio content by iTunes Radio, Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook; and your video content by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, or TV Show. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. In addition, the head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. Older iPod/iPhone device's will be locked during connection, but Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked so you can also control the iPod/iPhone from its touchscreen or clickwheel.
- App Mode: If you have an older iPod/iPhone (5.1.1 or earlier) with a 30-pin connector which is locked during Head Unit control mode, you can switch to App mode that allows you to navigate your Apple device from its own clickwheel or touchscreen when using Pioneer's proprietary iPod cable (130IU201V, sold separately). App mode lets you select from stored music or music apps and stored movies or movie apps on your compatible Apple device through its own clickwheel or touchscreen. You'll only get limited control from the head unit's touchscreen, like like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. There is no music information displayed on the head unit's touchscreen when in App Mode; instead all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen.
Note: Video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle's parking brake is fully engaged.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 1/22/2016):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||AppRadio One||Pandora||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
HD Radio: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
- Station Text/Album Art + RDS: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The head unit also supports Album Art from select HD Radio stations. For analog FM stations, the Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as song/artist information when listening to compatible RDS FM stations.
- Supertuner IIID: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- Reception Blending: If a digital broadcast reception condition gets poor, this unit automatically switches to the analog broadcast of the same frequency level. If this function is set to "On", the tuner switches between digital broadcast and analog broadcast automatically. If this function is 'Off', reception will be conducted within an analog broadcast.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest analog or HD stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from a HD Radio or RDS FM broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to www.hdradio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Pandora App: The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the AVH-X5700BHS via the appropriate Pioneer iPod connector cable (CD-IU51 / CD-IU52 / CD-IU201V) or the connector-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information; as well as Album art.
- Station List w/ Shuffle: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- New Stations: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Pioneer DVD receiver is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV200 or 220SXV300, both sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 175 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include:
- Channel & Category Lists: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories.
- Song/Artist Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Instant Replay & Category Scan: The SiriusXM Instant Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to. During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time.
- Presets + TuneStart & TuneScan: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets with special tuning features like TuneStart and TuneScan. TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your preset music channels stored on the current band of presets. TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- Traffic, Weather, & Sports (SXV300 tuner only): You can tune in and listen quickly to information pertaining to weather and traffic from a particular city you have specified. You can also be alerted when your favorite sports teams are playing so you can tune to the appropriate station quickly.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone (connected to your head unit via USB). The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from DVDs, CDs, and flash media, the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power specifications for the AVH-X5700BHS are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
Crossovers: The AVH-X5700BHS employs high-pass and low-pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speaker setup.
- Standard: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover
network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup using either
speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: The head unit's -6 to -24dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an -6 to -24dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
- Network: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass crossover
network for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and Sub using
low-level outputs only.
- Highs: The high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Mids: You can set a high-pass and low-pass crossover from your midrange/midbass drivers. The high-pass crossover can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off. The low-pass crossover can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Lows: The low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's rear-panel AUX 3.5mm input. The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source (AM, Pandora, iPod, Apps) to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
- Auto Level: This function automatically corrects the audio level difference between the music files and/or the sources.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 9 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App/Media App Control mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone/iPad. It is also not supported by USB MTP devices.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console. The rear-panel 3.5mm minijack input also serves as the A/V input for your USB-connected iPod/iPhone (using the proprietary Pioneer cable).
Video Output: The AVH-X5700BHS features a rear-panel composite video output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can play back the same video source which is being played on the head unit. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Rear-View Camera: The AVH-X5700BHS is equipped with a composite video rear-view camera input for the addition of an optional backup camera (130NDBC6, sold separately). The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image. When the vehicle's transmission is put in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (violet/white wire of the harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.25 seconds. Pioneer recommends using a camera with a mirror image (reversed) output. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Note: The head unit's composite video AV input can also be used as a second camera input for a front-camera (sold separately). Automatic video switching and on-screen guidelines are not supported by the second camera input.
Navigation Ready: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS allows you to connect the Pioneer AVIC-U260 add-on navigation unit (130AVIC260, sold separately) through its RGB Input. This versatile hideaway unit allows you to switch to navigation mode with the touch of a button. Get to your destination by inputting an address or search through the POI library while enjoying whatever source is currently playing.
OEM Integration (via Firmware Update): The Pioneer DVD receiver is now compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module (via Firmware update). When the Pioneer receiver is installed into a compatible GM, Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, or VW vehicle using the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately) you'll get to keep select factory features that are normally lost when replacing the factory stereo with an aftermarket head unit. Retained factory features include the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Sync system, GM's OnStar system, as well as Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep's U-Connect system. Other factory retained features include steering wheel controls, Aux inputs/USB ports, Bluetooth, voice command, satellite radio, and secondary display support. Plus, you get touchscreen control over many of these key factory audio features through the Pioneer DVD receiver. Check here for your vehicle's specific compatibility.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestor RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Pioneer head unit's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS includes an IR remote control (CXE5116) for wireless operation of the multimedia head unit and your connected devices.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS replaces these items
23 questions already asked