About the Pioneer MVH-X580BS
Play your music your way
Play your music your way
Pioneer's MVH-X580BS digital media receiver lets you enjoy music from your iPhone® or iPod®, select Android™ phones, or a USB thumb drive. With built-in Bluetooth® and plenty of sound-shaping tools, it's a great choice for digital music fans.
You can also check out the news or a ballgame on good old-fashioned AM/FM radio, or connect a SiriusXM tuner. All this great tech comes in a slick-looking package with a "form follows function" design that's easy to use.
Colorful, informative display
With iPod and iPhone Direct Control, you can plug your device into the receiver's USB port and make music selections through the receiver. As a bonus, the receiver will also charge your device while you're playing your tunes. If you own a compatible iPhone, you can take advantage of Siri® Eyes Free functionality with a touch of a button, accessing a variety of functions with your voice commands.
Great with Android
Android users can control their music via Bluetooth or plug into the front panel USB port and play music while getting a charge. If you just purchased a new Android phone, you'll be glad to hear that the MVH-X580BS supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), so you can use your USB port to stream music from Android 4.1 (or later) devices.
You can also plug in a thumb drive and enjoy FLAC, MP3, WMA, and WAV files, or use the aux input to connect an MP3 player or portable satellite radio.
If you're using an iPod, iPhone, or USB device, Pioneer's integrated MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology can turn your music collection into a non-stop playlist, complete with wild mix effects.
Perfect for Pandora
If you're a Pandora fan, you can use your iPhone or Android phone to create unique stations that play nothing but your favorite kinds of music. You can rate songs, bookmark them for purchase, and learn more with complete track data.
The MVH-X580BS also works with the Spotify app, so you can use the receiver's controls to play, pause, or skip. With a few more presses, you can browse playlists and radio stations.
But that's not all. Pioneer's Media App Control, lets you enjoy tunes from various other music apps, like iHeartRadio® and Aupeo™. And the Pioneer ARC app lets you control your receiver's basic functions from your phone. You can adjust settings or access your stored music or favorite music apps directly through the ARC app.
Bluetooth™ and Siri Eyes Free
The MVH-X580BS features built-in Bluetooth, so you can enjoy hands-free calling, wireless music streaming, and your Apple or Android phone's voice recognition technology. iPhone users (see below) can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality with just the touch of a button.
Make and take calls
The included external microphone picks up your conversation, and you'll hear your caller through your vehicle's speakers. Wide Band Speech Technology, which basically doubles the usual bandwidth, ensures clear and easy-to-understand conversations
The dual phone connection lets you pair two phones, while “Guest Mode" allows you to add or replace a mobile device with ease. That's a great feature for a family car with multiple drivers, or one driver with multiple devices.
Plenty of performance
With no CD player to worry about, Pioneer's designers happily loaded in lots of other features. A powerful MOSFET amplifier gives you outstanding sound, while Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) technology brings back the details lost when you compress music.
Time alignment and a 13-band graphic equalizer let you adjust the sound to suit your tastes, while three sets of RCA preamp outputs will come in handy when you're ready to add amplifiers and subs to your system.
You can also add a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included, requires subscription). Satellite radio offers an unparalleled variety of music, news, sports, and talk, and your favorite channels will stay with you, even when you're in the middle of nowhere.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- Bluetooth features include Dual Phone Pairing and Guest Mode
- Siri Eyes Free functionality
- USB Auto Switch lets you charge your phone or use it as a source
- plays FLAC, MP3, WMA, and WAV music files
- works with Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and Aupeo
- remote control
- detachable face with single-line display
- external microphone included
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) restores sound to compressed files
- 13-band graphic equalizer
- low-pass/high-pass filters
- MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- AOA 2.0 for music streaming and control from Android
- inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs
- 10-step illumination dimmer control, plus illumination timer
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MVH-X580BS
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (QXE1044)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- External microphone w/ sunvisor clip (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Extraction keys
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Limited Warranty Information (US/CA)
Pioneer MVH-X580BS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer MVH-X580BS
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV|
Bluetooth 3.0: The Pioneer MVH-X580BS is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 3.0), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer MVH-X580BS.
Multi-Device Pairing w/ Dual Phone Connection: Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this receiver. You are even able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled phones connected at the same time, so you can make and receive calls from either phone through the head unit. You can only stream music from one phone at a time; you will be able switch between the two phones in the head unit's menu. Additional pairing features include -
- SSP (Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the MVH-X580BS without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP).
- USB Pairing for iPhone: You can also pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Pioneer head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
- Guest Mode: "Guest Mode" allows you to add and replace a 3rd mobile device instantly to the receiver; Guest Mode is a great feature for a family vehicle with multiple drivers or a driver with multiple devices because it allows users to pair and delete devices easily without a lengthy registration or deletion process.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The MVH-X580BS supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. And, thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the MVH-X580BS provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The MVH-X580BS allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the MVH-X580BS, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Presets: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing (Siri & Google Voice): When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. It also supports Google Voice for select Android smartphones (not compatible with Samsung "S Voice"). You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth). The unit is not equipped with an integrated microphone.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Pioneer MVH-X580BS also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the MVH-X580BS lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4+ phones only). The head unit will also display your music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
Siri Eyes-Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the Pioneer MVH-X580BS has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press and hold head unit's phone key to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the MVH-X580BS and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's front-panel LCD will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer digital media receiver; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device)..
Android Direct Connect via USB: The Pioneer MVH-X580BS enables playback of stored music and music apps on select Android devices through its front-panel USB port. There are two types of modes to choose from based on your type of Android smartphone and what content you want to listen to.
- AOA 2.0 (Stored Music & Music Apps): The Pioneer MVH-X580BS supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android smartphone (OS 4.1+) to the MVH-X580BS's front-panel USB port and listen to stored music and select music apps from your Android device through the Pioneer receiver. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the head unit will not display song/artist information; you'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's touchscreen. You'll still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
- MTP (Stored Music w/ Song/Artist Info): The MVH-X580BS also supports MTP for playback & control of stored MP3/WMA music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Pioneer receiver's front-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Note: You will need to setup Android connectivity within the head unit's menu. Select "Memory" for MTP mode and "App Control" for AOA 2.0 mode.
iPod Direct Connect via USB: The Pioneer MVH-X580BS supports audio playback of stored music & music apps on your Apple iPod/iPhone, along with control and song/artist information display through its front-panel USB port. If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Pioneer's Lightning-to-USB cable (130CDIU52, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the MVH-X580BS. If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device or a 3rd party dock connector-to-USB cable (sold separately) to connect your iPod/iPhone to the MVH-X580BS. You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through the head unit's front-panel controls, from its clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit, you can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. In addition, the head unit offers Link Play, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, and Song/Artist/Album name. Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked, so you can access music apps; other iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during this mode.
- iPod/iPhone: In iPod mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen, while still being able to view song/artist information and control basic playback functions from the head unit. You will not be able to browse your iPod/iPhone's music by category from the head unit or use Link Play in this mode.
- Apps: App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps from your iPhone (iOS 5.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Once you have selected the music app from your iPhone, you'll be able to listen to music from that app through the Pioneer head unit, view song/artist information on the head unit's LCD, and operate basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the head unit's front-panel control. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode.
Media App Control (for Android & iPhone): The Media App Control mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps on your Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (2.3+) or USB-connected iPhone (iOS 5.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Media App Control lets you take control of compatible music apps on your compatible Android or iPhone device through the Pioneer MVH-X370BT. Media App Control allows you to play, pause, and change tracks from a compatible music app directly from the controls on the Pioneer head unit. The app's name (i.e. "iHeartAuto"), station identification, and song/artist information will be displayed on the head unit's LCD screen (when applicable, depending on app). Compatible music apps include:
- iTunes Radio: Apple Music Radio lets you listen to Beats 1 - Apple's first ever 24/7, worldwide radio station; as well as handcrafted, on-demand stations created by a DJ or you from your Apple iPhone.
- iHeartAuto: iHeartAuto is a version of the free iHeartRadio digital radio app specifically designed for use in your car, truck or SUV.
- Aupeo!: AUPEO! Personal Radio offers free online music with a focus on the discovery of new songs and artists. Search by artist, song, genre, or mood.
- Aha: Aha organizes your favorite Internet content into personalized, live, and on-demand radio stations, making it safe and easy to instantly access your favorite stuff on the go, all from a single dashboard. With choices that span Internet radio, podcasts, music, traffic, audiobooks, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
- SiriusXM: With the SiriusXM Internet Radio App, you can listen to SiriusXM's sports, talk, comedy, entertainment and commercial-free music programming. SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription is required.
- Spotify: Spotify gives you instant access to millions of songs. With the Spotify app, you can choose to listen for free, or subscribe to Spotify Premium.
- Slacker: Slacker Radio is handcrafted radio from passionate music experts. Listen for free and discover the perfect music for any moment with hundreds of stations and recommendations.
- StreamS HiFi: StreamS is a full-featured iPhone streaming audio player delivering thousands of tested, reliable, high quality hi-fi HE-AAC streams.
- TuneIn: TuneIn lets you listen to the world's radio with sports, news, talk, and music streaming from every continent. Enjoy 100,000 live radio stations and 2 million podcasts, concerts or shows on your iPhone, iPad and iPod, all for free.
- gMusic: Keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud without having to use any space on your iOS or Android device.
- Livio: The Livio app ($4.99) lets you listen to more than 42,000 AM/FM and Internet-only radio streams from around the world.
Note: Access to online music services and apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your mobile device to connect to the Internet.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer MVH-X580BS is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 6/2/2016):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Media App||ARC||Spotify||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Mobile Device Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your Android device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it). The receiver even offers a "USB Auto Switch" feature so when your device is connected via USB you have the option to choose whether the receiver uses the phone as a source, or just charges the device.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer MVH-X580BS using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 7.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the MVH-X580BS via the CD-IU52 Pioneer iPod connector cable or the connector-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The MVH-X580BS provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Shuffle Station List: You can listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- New Stations + Delete: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also delete a station from your Pandora station list.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
Spotify Online Music Service: The Pioneer MVH-X580BS has the ability to playback & control content from the Spotify music app on your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 7.0+) device or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. You can play, pause and skip tracks, browse playlists, albums and radio stations through the Pioneer receiver's front-panel controls. You also get song/artist information on the unit's front-panel LCD. Access to the Spotify service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android device to connect to the Internet. If you are a Spotify Premium user (requires a monthly paid subscription), you can enjoy ad-free, high quality music even when there is no internet connection.
SiriusXM Ready: The Pioneer digital media receiver is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (20SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 175 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include:
- Channel + Category Lists: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories.
- Song/Artist Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Instant Replay & Category Scan: The SiriusXM Instant Replay function lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content from the station that you are currently listening to. During Category Scan, the live broadcast for each channel in the current category plays for six seconds at a time.
- Presets: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite
Radio Station Presets with special tuning features.
- TuneStart: TuneStart automatically start songs from the beginning when you tune to one of your preset music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- TuneScan: TuneScan lets you scan through short previews of songs you may have missed on music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- TuneMix: Create a music channel that's a blend of songs made up from the music channels stored on the current band of presets.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Front-Panel USB Input: The digital media receiver's front-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive (up to 32GB). The USB port enables audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV audio files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer MVH-X580BS. Basic playback controls included Play/Pause, FW/RW, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Song/artist information such as track, artist, and album name will also be displayed on the head unit.
Compatible Music Files: The Pioneer MVH-X580BS supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, & WAV music files loaded onto a USB MSC device.
|Media Type||USB MSC|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 11.025-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 8/16-bit w/ sampling rate of 16-48kHz or 22.05-44.1kHz (not supported by MTP)
FLAC: bit rate of 16/24-bit w/ sampling rate of 8-96kHz (not supported by MTP)
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA/AAC/FLAC tags|
File/Track Name List: The Name List feature displays a list of albums and tracks on a connected USB device, so you can easily access your music. Music files are listed first by Artist name, then by Album name, and finally by Song title.
Song/Artist Information: During music playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA/AAC/FLAC Tag information; including artist, song, and album name.
Playback Controls: The Pioneer digital media receiver provides basic operations like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random for USB device playback.
Auxiliary Input: The MVH-X580BS is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting external components, such as a portable digital audio player.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Pioneer in-dash head unit utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The MVH-X580BS is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: The power specifications for the MVH-X580BS are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/6CH Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Pioneer MVH-X580BS features three pair of 2.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Pioneer MVH-X580BS lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+10 to -24).
Crossovers: The MVH-X580BS employs high-pass and low-pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speaker setup.
- Standard: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass
crossover network for a standard Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup
using either speaker-level or low-level outputs.
- HPF: The head unit's -6 to -24dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an -6 to -24dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
- Network: Allows you to set the high-pass and low-pass
crossover network for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and
Sub using low-level outputs only.
- Highs: The high-pass crossover for your tweeters can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Mids: You can set a high-pass and low-pass crossover from your midrange/midbass drivers. The high-pass crossover can be set to 1.25, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off. The low-pass crossover can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
- Lows: The low-pass crossover for your subwoofers can be set to 26, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, or 250 Hz with a -6 to -36dB/octave roll-off.
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 13-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 13-band graphic equalizer (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, and 12.5k Hz).
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right, or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-200") for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust each speaker and sub channel independently from +10 to -24 to best even out the sound in your vehicle.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
- Auto Level: This function automatically corrects the audio level difference between the music files and/or the sources.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 3 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPod/iPhone, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone, and is not supported by USB MTP devices. The Advanced Sound Retriever function is disabled when MIXTRAX is activated.
Detachable Face Security: The Pioneer MHV-X580BS in-dash digital media receiver features detachable face security. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets the user match their receiver illumination to their vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 12 preset colors, customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red/Blue/Green brightness levels), or scan through a variety of colors.
Brightness Control: You can manually adjust the brightness (1-10) of the head unit's display to suit your viewing needs. You can also sync the receiver's illumination to the head units' clock or your vehicle's headlights. To dim the receiver's display automatically when the vehicle's headlights are turned on, you'll need to hardwire the orange/white wire of the head unit's harness to your vehicle's parking light circuit.
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose different patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music.
Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remains on (you can press the "DISP" button to turn off). When the Clock Display has been turned off, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns the unit off completely. Even if you have turned the radio completely off you can view the clock display by pressing the "DISP" button. The clock will then remain On until you turn it back Off. When the unit is On, you can select between the clock display or the audio track/tuner display.
Advanced Remote Control App (for Apple iOS & Android): Download the Pioneer ARC (Advanced Remote Control) App onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) or Android (4.1+) device to turn your smartphone or tablet device into a remote control for the Pioneer head unit. Your Apple iOS device can be connected via USB or Bluetooth, while your Android device can only be connected via USB. The following control features are available via the Pioneer Advanced Remote Control App.
- Source Selection: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select between the head unit's sources for playback. Choose AM/FM tuner, Aux, or the music library on your device.
- Playback Functions: The app offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat for your mobile device's music library. You are also able to browse your Apple iOS or Android device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Playlist. For AM/FM tuner, you are able to seek stations, switch AM/FM bands, and select presets from the Pioneer ARC app.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The Pioneer Advanced Remote Control App provides song/artist information with album art for the music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device. You also get station identification for AM/FM radio; if an AM/FM station supports RDS, you will even get song/artist info.
- Favorites: The app lets you quickly display radio stations saved as favorites, plus favorite songs in your Apple iOS or Android device's music library. From the Favorite screen, you also get access to contacts saved as "favorites" on your smartphone.
- Select Apps: From the Pioneer ARC app, you can also pick from select music apps (like Pandora, iHeart, Spotify, TuneIn) that are installed on your Apple iOS or Android device. Once you select a specific music app, that particular music app opens on your mobile device for playback control.
Note: If you switch to other applications and functions, such as using other iOS device or Android applications or placing calls from your smartphone, you must restart the Pioneer ARC app on your iOS device or Android device.
Wireless Remote Control: The MVH-X580BS comes with an IR wireless remote control. The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause playback, skip music tracks, change display info, and answer/end Bluetooth phone call. You can also mute the volume (function that cannot be performed from the front panel).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
The Pioneer MVH-X580BS replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- variable color display with over 200,000 choices
- inputs: rear USB port, rear auxiliary input
8 questions already asked