About the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT
Pioneer's DEH-X6600BT CD receiver offers the convenience and safety of built-in Bluetooth connectivity. You can answer a phone call with the push of a button, and then talk as if your caller is sitting next to you, freeing up your hands so you can concentrate on the drive. No more hassles with plugging in your music player when you get in the car — you can stream music wirelessly from compatible devices to this receiver, plus control basic functions like "track up" or "track down."
The versatile DEH-X6600BT has built-in Bluetooth.
Siri Eyes Free, too
Got an iPhone® with Siri? Pioneer's DEH-X6600BT CD receiver supports Siri Eyes Free, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice through your Pioneer receiver. It's not only convenient, it can make your drive safer and more productive.
Plenty of media options
Once your iPhone's connected to the front-panel USB input, you'll be able to access your playlists with the Pioneer's controls. And you'll also enjoy control over your favorite Pandora® stations from the receiver. You can use the USB input to tap into the music files stored on many Android devices, while the front aux input handles just about any other audio source.
Turn on the color
The DEH-X6600BT CD receiver spans the color spectrum with a multi-color, dual-zone display that lets you choose from thousands of colors for the display and controls — you can even choose different colors for each. MIXTRAX adds to the fun by adding transitions between songs along with a light show that pulses and changes color with the beat of the music. It's like driving with your own DJ.
Tailor the sound
Pioneer's potent MOSFET amplifier delivers plenty of power, while the 5-band EQ lets you tweak the sound as much as you want. Two pairs of preamp outputs make it easier to add external amplifiers or a powered sub.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Siri "Eyes Free" support with compatible iPhones
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- built-in iPod/iPhone control
- Pandora control with station creation through iPhone
- music file playback on select Android devices through USB input
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices
- multi-line variable color display with separate control of display and buttons illumination and 5-level dimmer
- remote control
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- Easy EQ 5-band equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (w/ 10A mini-fuse inserted into chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (QXE1044)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- External microphone w/ sunvisor clip (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Extraction keys
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Face fixing screw
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Limited Warranty Information (US/CA)
Pioneer DEH-X6600BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bluetooth Technology: The DEH-X6600BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 3.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT.
SPP + USB Pairing w/ Guest Mode: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DEH-X6600BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP). When your paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit, but nly one device can be used at a time. You can also pair your Apple iPhone by simply connecting it to the Pioneer head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. In addition, the DEH-X6600BT features "Guest Mode", which allows you to add and replace a mobile device instantly to the receiver. Guest Mode is a great feature for a family vehicle with multiple drivers or a driver with multiple devices because it allows users to pair and delete devices easily without a lengthy registration or deletion process.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The DEH-X6600BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The DEH-X6600BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the DEH-X6600BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing (Siri only): When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth). The unit is not equipped with an integrated microphone.
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Song/Artist Info): The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. The DEH-X6600BT will be able to control basic playback features; Play, Pause, & Skip Tracks (app must also support). The head unit will also display your music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
Siri Eyes-Free Functionality: When paired and connected with an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. iPhone 4S and iPhone 5/5C/5S users can take advantage of Siri Eyes-Free functionality with a long-press of the 3-way rotary dial on the Pioneer receiver's front-panel. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's commands and questions are received and transmitted to the receiver using the external microphone. Siri Eyes-Free provides access to many iPhone Siri functions such as music selection, making phone calls, and audible navigation (map will be displayed on iPhone); as well as listening to text messages, calendar information, and reminders. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and song/artist information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: Your iPhone with Siri can be connected via Bluetooth and USB simultaneously. You can only access stored music using Siri when the head unit's source is iPod or Bluetooth Audio. All other Siri functions can be accessed from any source. The head unit's audio is muted while Siri provides audible voice prompts.
Compatible Discs: The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT CD receiver supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. This unit can play MP3, WMA, and WAV files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs
Front-Panel USB Input (Android Compliant): The unit's front-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) or USB Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) compliant device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, and WAV audio files stored on your portable USB MSC/MTP device through the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (1A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's front-panel USB port supports Android OS 4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean) as a Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) device. It also supports Android OS 2.2+ (Froyo/Gingerbread) as a Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; as of 8/27/2013. The receiver does not support Android OS 3.1+ (Honeycomb) or other Android operating systems not listed.
MP3/WMA/WAV Playback: The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA/WAV files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB (MSC/MTP)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long file name||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 8- or 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 16-48kHz or 22.05-44.1kHz (not compatible w/ MTP)
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||99 folders/999 files||500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
File/Track Name List: The Name List feature displays a list of MP3/WMA albums and tracks on a loaded CD or connected USB device, so you can easily access your music. Music files are listed first by Artist name, then by Album name, and finally by Song title.
Song/Artist Information: During MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA Tag information; including artist, song, and album name.
Playback Controls: The Pioneer CD receiver provides basic operations like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random for disc and USB device playback. When a compatible Android smartphone is connected, the head unit will control music playback functions; you will not be able to control your music from the smartphone.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Off Eject: When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
Installation Angle: Optimum CD playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 60-degrees.
iPod Direct Connection: The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The DEH-X6600BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Pioneer's dock connector-to-USB cable (130CDIU51, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DEH-X6600BT.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Pioneer's Lightning-to-USB cable (130CDIU52, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DEH-X6600BT.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
iPod Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 94dB. The Pioneer head unit supports audio playback of stored music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through the head unit's front-panel controls, from its clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit, you can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook (your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked). Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. In addition, the head unit offers Link Play, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, and Song/Artist/Album name.
- iPod: In iPod mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen, while still being able to view song/artist information on the head unit's LCD.
- App Mode: App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps from your iPhone (iOS 5.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track. The App's Name (i.e. "AUPEO!) and song/artist information will be displayed on the head unit's LCD screen (when applicable, depending on app).
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 9/19/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Pandora App||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The DEH-X6600BT is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting external components, such as a portable MP3 player.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Pandora Internet Radio (for iPhone & Android): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the DEH-X6600BT via the appropriate Pioneer iPod connector cable (130CDIU51/130CDIU52, sold separately) or the connector-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer DEH-X6600BT. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The DEH-X6600BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Shuffle Station List: You can listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- New Stations: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Pioneer in-dash head unit utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The DEH-X6600BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power specifications for the DEH-X6600BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
4ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT features two pair of 2.0-volt preamp outputs. The unit's rear preamp outputs can be configured as fading rear-channel outputs or a non-fading subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level control.
Subwoofer Control: When the head unit's preamp output is configured as a subwoofer output, you can select the frequency of the low pass filter (50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 125 Hz), select the filter slope (-6/-12dB), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
Equalizer: The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT features a Preset & Custom EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Powerful, Dynamic, Vocal, Natural, Custom 1, Custom 2, and Flat) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The two Custom modes allow you to manually adjust the head unit's 5-band EQ (80Hz, 250Hz, 800Hz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz) from +/-6dB. Custom 1 can be set separately for each source (except for USB/iPod/Pandora); while Custom 2 and the other 5 presets are shared settings used for all sources.
High-Pass Crossover: When you don't want low-frequency sound to be heard through your front or rear speakers, you can simply active the head unit's HPF (high pass filter). By activating the HPF, only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output from the front or rear speakers. The high pass filter crossover can be set to 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160hz, 200Hz or Off. The slope level of the HPF can also be adjusted to -6dB or 12dB.
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. Hear the detail, warmth, and clarity, the way the artist intended it, from all of your highly compressed MP3 and WMA files stored on your USB device, iPod/iPhone, and portable media players. By restoring data (especially higher frequencies) that tends to get lost in the digital compression process, Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever technology enhances audio reproduction nearly all the way up to 20 kHz frequencies
Audio Level Settings: The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT CD receiver offers a variety of audio settings to tailor the bass, treble, and volume level to your preference.
- Bass Boost The DEH-X6600BT features a bass boost function which can be used to enhance low-frequency bass sound. The bass boost function can be set between 0-6.
- Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness feature to Low, Mid, High, or Off.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4dB to +4dB.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 9 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone/iPad. It is also not supported by USB MTP devices.
Detachable Face Security: The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT in-dash CD receiver features detachable face security. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets the user match their receiver illumination to their vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 5 preset colors (White/Red/Amber/Green/Blue), customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red/Blue/Green brightness levels), or scan through a variety of colors.
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose among twelve patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music. You can also choose which area's of the head unit's face illuminates; select Display, Display/Buttons, or Off.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remains on (you can press the "DISP" button to turn off). When the Clock Display has been turned off, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns the unit off completely. Even if you have turned the radio completely off you can view the clock display by pressing the "DISP" button. The clock will then remain On until you turn it back Off. When the unit is On, you can select between the clock display or the audio track/tuner display.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On/Off within the menu.
Wireless Remote Control: The DEH-X6600BT comes with an IR wireless remote control. The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause the CD, change the display, and adjust the audio. You can also mute the volume (function that cannot be performed from the front panel). In addition, you can answer/end calls from a Bluetooth connected smartphone.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The Pioneer DEH-X6600BT replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices (see Details)
- variable color illumination with separate control of display and buttons
20 questions already asked