About the Pioneer DEH-X6800BT
You can adjust the colors of this car stereo to match your dash.
Bluetooth has changed my driving habits. No more plugging in, since I can wirelessly stream my favorite tunes, music services, and podcasts from my phone. And when an important call comes in, I can talk without worrying about holding my phone while driving. And Pioneer's DEH-X6800BT CD receiver features Wide Band Speech Technology, which ensures clear and easy-to-understand conversations, so no more shouting to make yourself understood.
Awesome for iPhone and Android™
Once your iPhone's connected to this Pioneer's front-panel USB input, you'll be able to access your playlists with the receiver's controls. You'll also enjoy control over your favorite Pandora® stations on your Android phone or iPhone from this receiver. A handy front aux input handles just about any other audio source.
Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0) lets you access music files stored on many Android phones through USB, plus it lets you control music streaming apps like Pandora® with compatible devices. You'll enjoy excellent sound quality and you won't have to pick up the phone whenever you want to skip a track.
Download Pioneer's Advanced Remote Control App (ARC) to your iOS or Android device, plug in via USB, and you've got a smart remote control for your Pioneer in the palm of your hand. You'll use your touchscreen to access advanced functions like source selection, playback, music library browsing, music app selection, and much more.
Turn on the color
The DEH-X6800BT CD receiver spans the color spectrum with a multi-color display that lets you choose from thousands of colors for the display and controls — you can even choose different colors for each. MIXTRAX adds to the fun by adding transitions between songs along with a light show that pulses and changes color with the beat of the music.
Tailor the sound
With Pioneer's potent MOSFET amplifier and 5-band EQ at your disposal, you can be sure you'll hear a big jump in sound quality over your old radio. Two pairs of preamp outputs make it easier to add external amplifiers or a powered sub.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices
- multi-line display
- variable color illumination with separate control of display and buttons and 10-level illumination dimmer
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility ):
- built in iPod, iPhone, and iPad controls
- compatible with Pioneer's Advanced Remote Control smartphone app
- Pandora control through iPhone and Android devices
- music file and streaming audio playback from select Android devices through USB input
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- Easy EQ 5-band equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (w/ 10A mini-fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (QXE1044)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- Microphone w/ sunvisor clip (attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Extraction keys
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Face fixing screw
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Limited Warranty Information (US/CA)
Pioneer DEH-X6800BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pioneer DEH-X6800BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV|
Bluetooth 3.0: The DEH-X6800BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 3.0), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DEH-X6800BT.
SPP + USB Pairing w/ Guest Mode: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DEH-X6800BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP). Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this head unit.
- USB Pairing for iPhone: You can also pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Pioneer head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
- Guest Mode: "Guest Mode" allows you to add and replace a 3rd mobile device instantly to the receiver; Guest Mode is a great feature for a family vehicle with multiple drivers or a driver with multiple devices because it allows users to pair and delete devices easily without a lengthy registration or deletion process.
- Dual Phone Connect: Once the pairing process is complete, the head unit will automatically connect two phones when in the vehicle to make and receive calls and stream music from both mobile devices.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The DEH-X6800BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. And, thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the DEH-X6800BT provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The DEH-X6800BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the DEH-X6800BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically.
- Presets: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Dialing (Siri & Google Voice): When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or later via Bluetooth, the Pioneer head unit has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. It also supports Google Voice for select Android smartphones (not compatible with Samsung "S Voice"). You'll be able to dial a phone number or contact via voice command.
Note: The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth). The unit is not equipped with an integrated microphone.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The head unit can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or music apps you have downloaded on your device. In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DEH-X6800BT lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4+ phones only). The head unit will also display your music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (app must also support). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call.
Siri Eyes-Free Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the Pioneer DEH-X6800BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press and hold head unit's phone key to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the DEH-X6800BT and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's front-panel LCD will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Pioneer CD receiver; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device)..
Android Direct Connect via USB: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT enables playback of stored music and music apps on select Android devices through its front-panel USB port. There are two types of modes to choose from based on your type of Android smartphone and what content you want to listen to.
- AOA 2.0 (Stored Music & Music Apps): The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android smartphone (OS 4.1+) to the DEH-X6800BT's front-panel USB port and listen to stored music and select music apps from your Android device through the Pioneer receiver. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the head unit will not display song/artist information; you'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's touchscreen. You'll still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
- MTP (Stored Music w/ Song/Artist Info): The DEH-X6800BT also supports MTP for playback & control of stored MP3/WMA music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Pioneer receiver's front-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Note: You will need to setup Android connectivity within the head unit's menu. Select "Memory" for MTP mode and "App Control" for AOA 2.0 mode.
iPod Direct Connect via USB: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT supports audio playback of stored music & music apps on your Apple iPod/iPhone, along with control and song/artist information display through its front-panel USB port.
- Connectivity: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT's front-panel USB
port can be used to connect your Lightning or 30-pin dock connector
iPod/iPhone to the head unit.
- Lightning: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Pioneer's Lightning-to-USB cable (130CDIU52, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DEH-X6800BT.
- 30-Pin: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device or a 3rd party dock connector-to-USB cable (sold separately) to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DEH-X6800BT.
- Control Modes: You can choose to operate your
iPod/iPhone through the head unit's front-panel controls, from its
clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit, you can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. In addition, the head unit offers Link Play, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, and Song/Artist/Album name. Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked, so you can access music apps; other iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during this mode.
- iPod/iPhone: In iPod mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen, while still being able to view song/artist information and control basic playback functions from the head unit. You will not be able to browse your iPod/iPhone's music by category from the head unit or use Link Play in this mode.
- Apps: App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps from your iPhone (iOS 5.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Once you have selected the music app from your iPhone, you'll be able to listen to music from that app through the Pioneer head unit, view song/artist information on the head unit's LCD, and operate basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the head unit's front-panel control. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 2/2/2016):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Apps Mode||ARC||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Mobile Device Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your Android device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it). The receiver even offers a "USB Auto Switch" feature so when your device is connected via USB you have the option to choose whether the receiver uses the phone as a source, or just charges the device.
Pandora Internet Radio: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store/Google Play) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer DEH-X6800BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 7.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the DEH-X6800BT via the CD-IU52 Pioneer iPod connector cable or the connector-cable that came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Pioneer receiver. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will also need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. The DEH-X4700BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Shuffle Station List: You can listen to songs played randomly from various stations within your Station List.
- New Stations + Delete: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also delete a station from your Pandora station list.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 levels of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Compatible Discs: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT CD receiver supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. This unit can play MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs
- Off Insert/Eject + Auto Off Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
- Installation Angle: Optimum CD playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 60-degrees.
Front-Panel USB Input: The CD receiver's front-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or flashdrive (up to 32GB). The USB port enables audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV audio files stored on your portable USB MSC device through the Pioneer DEH-X6800BT. Basic playback controls included Play/Pause, FW/RW, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. Song/artist information such as track, artist, and album name will also be displayed on the head unit.
MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV Playback: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC, & WAV files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB MSC device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB MSC|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long file name||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 48-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 11.025-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 8/16-bit w/ sampling rate of 16-48kHz or 22.05-44.1kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||99 folders/999 files||500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
File/Track Name List: The Name List feature displays a list of MP3/WMA/AAC albums and tracks on a loaded CD or connected USB device, so you can easily access your music. Music files are listed first by Artist name, then by Album name, and finally by Song title.
Song/Artist Information: During MP3/WMA/AAC playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA/AAC Tag information; including artist, song, and album name.
Playback Controls: The Pioneer CD receiver provides basic operations like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random for disc and USB device playback.
Auxiliary Input: The DEH-X6800BT is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting external components, such as a portable digital audio player.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Pioneer in-dash head unit utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The DEH-X6800BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: The power specifications for the DEH-X6800BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4ch/2V Preouts: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT features two pair of 2.0-volt preouts. The unit's Rear/SW preouts can be configured as fading rear-channel outputs or a non-fading subwoofer outputs. When the head unit's RW/SW preouts are configured as a subwoofer output, you can select the frequency of the low pass filter (50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 125 Hz), select the filter slope (-12/-24dB), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
Equalizer: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT features a Preset & Custom EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Powerful, Dynamic, Vocal, Natural, Custom 1, Custom 2, and Flat) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The two Custom modes allow you to manually adjust the head unit's 5-band EQ (80Hz, 250Hz, 800Hz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz) from +/-6dB. Custom 1 can be set separately for each source, while Custom 2 and the other 5 presets are shared settings used for all sources.
High-Pass Crossover: When you don't want low-frequency sound to be heard through your front or rear speakers, you can simply active the head unit's HPF (high pass filter). By activating the HPF, only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output from the front or rear speakers. The high pass filter crossover can be set to 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160hz, 200Hz or Off. The slope level of the HPF can also be adjusted to -12dB or 24dB.
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. Hear the detail, warmth, and clarity, the way the artist intended it, from all of your highly compressed MP3 and WMA files stored on your USB device, iPod/iPhone, and portable media players. By restoring data (especially higher frequencies) that tends to get lost in the digital compression process, Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever technology enhances audio reproduction nearly all the way up to 20 kHz frequencies
Audio Level Settings: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT CD receiver offers a variety of audio settings to tailor the bass, treble, and volume level to your preference.
- Bass Boost The DEH-X6800BT features a bass boost function which can be used to enhance low-frequency bass sound. The bass boost function can be set between 0-6.
- Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness feature to Low, Mid, High, or Off.
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4dB to +4dB.
Rear Speaker Setup: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 9 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPod/iPhone, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone, and is not supported by USB MTP devices. The Advanced Sound Retriever function is disabled when MIXTRAX is activated.
Detachable Face Security: The Pioneer DEH-X6800BT in-dash CD receiver features detachable face security. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets the user match their receiver illumination to their vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 12 preset colors, customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red/Blue/Green brightness levels), or scan through a variety of colors.
Brightness Control: You can manually adjust the brightness (1-10) of the head unit's display to suit your viewing needs. You can also sync the receiver's illumination to the head units' clock or your vehicle's headlights. To dim the receiver's display automatically when the vehicle's headlights are turned on, you'll need to hardwire the orange/white wire of the head unit's harness to your vehicle's parking light circuit.
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose different patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music
Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remains on (you can press the "DISP" button to turn off). When the Clock Display has been turned off, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns the unit off completely. Even if you have turned the radio completely off you can view the clock display by pressing the "DISP" button. The clock will then remain On until you turn it back Off. When the unit is On, you can select between the clock display or the audio track/tuner display.
Advanced Remote Control App (for Apple iOS & Android): Download the Pioneer ARC (Advanced Remote Control) App onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) or Android (4.1+) device to turn your smartphone or tablet device into a remote control for the Pioneer head unit. Your Apple iOS device can be connected via USB or Bluetooth, while your Android device can only be connected via USB. The following control features are available via the Pioneer Advanced Remote Control App.
- Source Selection: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select between the head unit's sources for playback. Choose CD, AM/FM tuner, Aux, or the music library on your device.
- Playback Functions: The app offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat for CD music and your mobile device's music library. You are also able to browse your Apple iOS or Android device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Playlist. For AM/FM tuner, you are able to seek stations, switch AM/FM bands, and select presets from the Pioneer ARC app.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The Pioneer Advanced Remote Control App provides song/artist information with album art for the music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device. You also get station identification for AM/FM radio; if an AM/FM station supports RDS, you will even get song/artist info. In addition, you get track number for CD playback.
- Favorites: The app lets you quickly display radio stations saved as favorites, plus favorite songs in your Apple iOS or Android device's music library. From the Favorite screen, you also get access to contacts saved as "favorites" on your smartphone.
- Select Apps: From the Pioneer ARC app, you can also pick from select music apps (like Pandora, iHeart, Spotify, TuneIn) that are installed on your Apple iOS or Android device. Once you select a specific music app, that particular music app opens on your mobile device for playback control.
Note: If you switch to other applications and functions, such as using other iOS device or Android applications or placing calls from your smartphone, you must restart the Pioneer ARC app on your iOS device or Android device.
Wireless Remote Control: The DEH-X6800BT comes with an IR wireless remote control. The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause playback, skip music tracks, change display info, and answer/end Bluetooth phone call. You can also mute the volume (function that cannot be performed from the front panel).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
31 questions already asked