About the Panasonic CQ-DF903U
Get a look at Panasonic's exclusive 3-D Dot Matrix (3DDM) display! With an astounding 20,480 pixel count, the high-density resolution makes the CQ-DF903U as much fun to watch as it is to hear. Six display modes, including a spectrum analyzer and full-motion animations, let you vary the show.
The muscular MOSFET50 4-way power gives depth and volume to your music. If you're using external amps, you'll dig the strong, clean signal from the three sets of 5-volt preamp outputs. And there's a low-pass filter on the subwoofer outputs for more precise bass. An auxiliary input lets you connect other sound sources for expanded listening options.
For more thump, kick in the Super High Definition Bass feature for a serious bass boost, even at high volumes. Choose the "Tight" setting to add a moderate emphasis to the bass output, or the "Boom" setting for a bass TKO. Controls for a SIRIUS Satellite Radio tuner or a Panasonic CD changer give you even more listening options.Details:
- detachable, fold-down, Day and Night face
- High Definition 3-D Dot Matrix display
- spectrum analyzer
- Alphatuner V
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- seek tuning
- Super High Definition Bass
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio controls (SIRIUS Radio subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- CD changer controls
- auxiliary input
- MOSFET50 internal amp
- 5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- low-pass filter
- wireless remote
- 25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 96 dB
- FM sensitivity 10.2 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver with 15-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Hard plastic face case
- Wireless remote control (YEFX9992663)
- 1 CR-2025 battery
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 2 DIN springs (installed)
- 2 Sleeve lock cancel plates (radio removal tools)
- Rear support strap
- 1 Mounting bolt (5mm diameter)
- 1 Hex nut (5mm diameter)
- 1 Self-tapping screw (5mm diameter x 16mm)
- Operating Instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- Operating Guide for Sirius (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty/Purchase Information Card
- Panasonic Canada warranty sheet
- Customer Services Directory sheet
- Electrical Connections sheet (attached to unit)
- Panasonic Customer Care card (extended service plan)
- Transportation label (attached to unit)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panasonic CQ-DF903U
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||25 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Display Color||3DDM Blue/Wht|
|Key Button Color||Blue/Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||10.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Sirius Satellite Radio: The CQ-DF903U can control an optional Sirius Satellite Radio tuner by Panasonic (item #133SRT100). In addition to the Sirius tuner, you will need an antenna and subscription in order to receive Sirius Satellite Radio programming.
HD 3DDM Display : This unit is equipped with a High Definition 3-D Dot Matrix Display. The large front panel display (approximately 3-1/2" x 1") features 20,480 dots (pixels), providing music-synched 3D action graphics with crisp detail. Full-dot LCD technology enables 4-level gradation for smooth, attractive images. There are 5 graphic patterns to choose from: Formula 1 racing, car race, space scene, snowboarding, mountain biking, or "All" (a random display of each pattern). In addition, you can choose a standard 25-band spectrum analyzer display, or turn off the display altogether. The display's brightness can be set to one of three settings. The contrast setting can be adjusted to provide the clearest view from up to 5 vertical angles.
Day and Night Faceplate: This unit also features the Day and Night faceplate. During the day, the face is dark gray with a silvery mirror-like finish on the ends. At night, or whenever it's dark in the vehicle, the outside edges of the faceplate and a "halo" around the volume knob illuminate in blue.
Super-High Definition Bass (S-HDB): Instead of the traditional loudness feature, this unit has Super-High Definition Bass (S-DHB). This feature accentuates bass output even at high volumes, when ordinary loudness controls often become ineffective. You may select "BOOM" (strong bass boost), "TIGHT" (moderately emphasized bass) or Off.
Menu Selection: Many of the settings can be adjusted through the unit's menu. The menu selections include:
- Mute Key: Select Mute or Attenuate
- Security: Select On or Off for LED security indicator
- Sirius: Select On or Off for including Sirius in Source Selection
- Random: Select On or Off for Random Play
- Repeat: Select On of Off for Repeat Play
- S-A Pattern: Select One of 5 Patterns for Display, All, or Spectrum Analyzer
- Contrast: Select One of 5 levels (angles) for best display
- Clock Adjust: Set clock
- CD Changer (when connected):
- Random: Select On or Off for All Disc Random Play
- Disc Random: Select On or Off for Current Disc Random Play
- Repeat: Select On or Off for All Disc Repeat Play
- Disc Repeat: Select On or Off for Current Disc Repeat Play
Mute/Attenuate: This unit allows you to choose between mute (volume at 0) or attenuate (volume decreased by 10 steps) when you want to decrease the volume instantly. After selecting mute or attenuate in the menu, pressing the Mute button activates either function and the Mute indicator light glows in the display.
Auxiliary Input: A set of female RCA jacks is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The jacks are on a 6" long pigtail attached to the back of the unit.
Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: In addition to the 5V front and rear preamp outputs, this unit has a set of 5V subwoofer preamp outputs. The subwoofer preamp outputs have a selectable low-pass crossover that can be set to 80Hz or 120Hz. Additionally, the subwoofer volume level is adjustable from -6dB to +6dB in 2dB increments.
Scan Play: With the remote control, you can playback the first 10 seconds of each CD track in sequence. When in the CD changer mode, you can playback the first 10 seconds of each track on a single disc, or the first 10 seconds of the first track on each disc in the changer.
Direct Track Selection: When playing a CD, you can directly access any of the tracks of the disc. (This feature can be activated by the remote only.)
Alphatuner V: The tuner is designed to help suppress multi-path distortion and reduce the problem of radio signal reflections in metropolitan areas. It also features increased sensitivity for weak signal areas.
Direct Memory: One favorite radio station can be stored in Direct Memory and recalled at any time (even with the power off) with the push of the D-M button. In addition, you can store up to 18 FM and 6 AM stations in preset memory.
Blinking Security Indicator: When the face is removed, a red LED blinks on the front panel of the radio. The security indicator can be deactivated.
Remote Control: The CQ-DF903U comes with a wireless remote control (YEFX9992663). The dimensions of the remote are: W=1.583", H=0.268", L=3.408".
Compatibility: This unit can control compatible 6-disc and 8-disc Panasonic CD changers.
Multiple Changer Control: Using the optional CA-CD55 dual changer adapter, you can control two compatible Panasonic changers with this head unit.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing and holding the Source button turns the unit off completely. After the unit has been turned off, you can use the DISP button to switch the clock display and face/button illumination on and off. If you leave the clock display and face/button illumination on, they are "keyed". If you turn the clock display and face/button illumination off, they only turn on when the unit is turned on ("unit on" operation).
The Panasonic CQ-DF903U replaces these items